Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,921 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? (49178 Views)

10 Reasons Women Stick With Men That Beat Them... No 9 Will shock You! / Some Very Silly Things Girls Should Stop Doing / Things Girls Should Know About Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by LONGFELLOW02(m): 3:48pm On Sep 20, 2014
papiforreal:

lmao... Oh boy How did you know the size of his dick. I hope it is not what am thinkng. Something de smell

lol. . Is my guy nw, i knw the size of his dick because atimes he use to spend weekend in my house nd he usually dress up in my present

is not wat u're smelling

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by macof(m): 3:49pm On Sep 20, 2014
AfricanApple: dear that's not d only thing I look out for in a man he has to have those other qualities. u know quite well that there are short guys out there who have dumb asses, so every individual with his own palava, weda tall or short. while I agree dat u have to go for a man who loves u, try not to settle for too less so dat u won't be like 'I'm just managing him'

I totally agree but what's it about height?
for ur case we can understand as you said you are tall but wat of average girls preferring taller guys over the average guys??
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by jemype(m): 3:49pm On Sep 20, 2014
Onyiridike: I am a Nigerian lady with a lot of experience about life especially when it comes to relationship and marriage. Experience is NOT just passing through a situation but what you did with the situation.

Obviously, our young ladies always list ridiculous criteria that a man they will date/marry MUST possess. Among those ridiculous criteria, height is always a priority. Gone are the days when character is placed above physical appearance.

When I was an undergraduate, a certain young man approached me and told me how he loved me and wanted to date me. He is an enterprising young man, very intelligent and handsome. However, he is not very tall; just 5ft. 7 inches in height. Of course, young ladies don't take decisions independently. This is why they are easily influenced by friends and relatives. My friends then said: "Never! My man MUST be 6ft and above, so tell him capital NO". I rejected the young man.

Today, he is happily married with a lady who is by far more beautiful and talented than me. I almost shed tears on their wedding day. Meanwhile, all the so-called very tall men that I dated are ONLY interested in my vagina.
So far I have learnt the following:

1. Most tall men believe that their height is a 'master' key to every ladies heart and therefore, their ONLY achievement is ' I am a tall dude and ladies are dieing for me'.

2. Most tall guys are NOT caring because they have this notion that a lady should count herself lucky to date them.

3. I am yet to understand that unique or remarkable thing about tall men.

Fortunately, I repented because it occured to me that all those times, I was ONLY playing my friend's script. I wanted to feel among and brag that my boyfriend is equally tall. I gave a guy who is not very tall a chance and I started enjoying my paradise on earth. We are married now. All my life, I have not come across such a wonderful person. He has it all:

1. He is God-fearing and generous.

2. He is handsome and a great orator

3. He is educated and intelligent

4. He cooks for me when I am tired (caring)

5. He satisfies me sexually ( oh! What a heavenly feeling)

6. He got a good dress sense

7. He is social

8. Among others

I am not in any way trying to say that tall guys are bad. As a lady, I am only advising other Nigerian ladies to see a man beyond height. The height issue is over-hyped and even unnecessary. You may NOT get a second chance like me.

Finally, based on my experience, I have come up with a quote:

"A man is NOT known by his height but by his heart (bravery) and meritorous achievements".
. Dear your write up is very funny. I'm a 6ft plus and I don't think in d way u assume we think. Note that character is shaped by circumstance and experience regardless of the height and appearance.
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by freecocoa(f): 3:49pm On Sep 20, 2014
And can you people stop making it seem like all tall guys are bad, I've actually dated a guy who isn't tall and believe me, he wasn't an angel, mschew.
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by LONGFELLOW02(m): 3:50pm On Sep 20, 2014
Short pple are aggressive

especially short girls.
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by 1one: 3:52pm On Sep 20, 2014
Cc: 3cycle and TeamTallGuys.

So just help me(us) out here in clarifying one thing- What is the least acceptable height you can accept of a guy...

In other words...What height (in cm/ft) would a guy have to be for him to fit your own concept of "He's Tall enough"

I'm asking because someone was saying girls see "average-heighted" guys as tall enough.. So what's your own personal limit or standard
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by J3da: 3:53pm On Sep 20, 2014
Onyiridike: I am a Nigerian lady with a lot of experience about life especially when it comes to relationship and marriage. Experience is NOT just passing through a situation but what you did with the situation.

Obviously, our young ladies always list ridiculous criteria that a man they will date/marry MUST possess. Among those ridiculous criteria, height is always a priority. Gone are the days when character is placed above physical appearance.

When I was an undergraduate, a certain young man approached me and told me how he loved me and wanted to date me. He is an enterprising young man, very intelligent and handsome. However, he is not very tall; just 5ft. 7 inches in height. Of course, young ladies don't take decisions independently. This is why they are easily influenced by friends and relatives. My friends then said: "Never! My man MUST be 6ft and above, so tell him capital NO". I rejected the young man.

Today, he is happily married with a lady who is by far more beautiful and talented than me. I almost shed tears on their wedding day. Meanwhile, all the so-called very tall men that I dated are ONLY interested in my vagina.

1. Most tall men believe that their height is a 'master' key to every ladies heart and therefore, their ONLY achievement is ' I am a tall dude and ladies are dieing for me'.

2. Most tall guys are NOT caring because they have this notion that a lady should count herself lucky to date them.

Fortunately, I repented because it occured to me that all those times, I was ONLY playing my friend's script. I wanted to feel among and brag that my boyfriend is equally tall. I gave a guy who is not very tall a chance and I started enjoying my paradise on earth. We are married now. All my life, I have not come across such a wonderful person. He has it all:

7. He is social

8. Among others

I am not in any way trying to say that tall guys are bad. As a lady, I am only advising other Nigerian ladies to see a man beyond height. The height issue is over-hyped and even unnecessary. You may NOT get a second chance like me.

"A man is NOT known by his height but by his heart (bravery) and meritorous achievements".

I wonder why some chics are crazy about height when most of dem need heels to be taller! You should be @least 5ft8 to be looking for tall dude.

My sincere opinion, not all that glitter is Gold, so gurls stop looking @ the physical and look inward cos d tall or short guy can be crippled one day, wat wil you do if that becomes your lot?

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 20, 2014
In essence the writer only overcame her most cherished attribute in a guy. There are ladies that prefer a handsome guy over a tall one. So a rich guy so a learned one. At the end of the day she has said nuffin.
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Odunharry(m): 3:56pm On Sep 20, 2014
Tallesty1:
Very true.

What's wrong with that? You attract what you focus on. There is no wrong in wishing to marry a Tall guy, it becomes a problem when you start rejecting short guys. Everyone wishes to have what is good and Tall guys are good. They don't have terrible temper like some short guys.

You were young then, barely know what you want, full of vision, hope and opportunities. It happens to every girl.
He is not Yours. Simple.
Now that you have made it clear that you are going to Judge and condem all the Tall guys in universe because of your little experience with one or two of them, lemme brace up and scroll down to see what you have for us.
You haven't been with most of them so how can you tell? Anyways it sounds more like what Tall boys think, not men
You really had a bad experience of them, very bad. What has being romantic to do with ones height?
Tall men are like every other men, but God gave us a bonus(height). You are hating on us for nothing. Every woman knows how nice it is to be with a man who is a bit taller than her.
Stop showing off, you can make all the good points in the world without showing off. You are lucky to have a good man but your post is full of hate and anyone reading it will think you are still angry because you couldn't get a Tall husband.
You don't need to say it b4 we know what you think of us. Tall guys are not bad but all of them want your vagina rightundecided
They are not bad but none of them is caring huhundecided. Like I said, your post shows that you hate Tall guys. Maybe they took your virginity or a tall guy broke your heart but You don't have to generalize.
So true.

I'm not your post, you made valid points but I believe you can do better than this. You really don't need to tell us about your man because he is not perfect

You also don't need to condem Tall guys. We have done you no wrong. Most of my friends that are short are angry stingy people and sometimes I do wonder how their women cope with their attitude but should I condem all short guys cause of them? No way. Matured people don't think that way.

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Sep 20, 2014
LONGFELLOW02: Short pple are aggressive

especially short girls.
lols I tell you a short girl can actually tame a wild guy.
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by makkitush: 3:57pm On Sep 20, 2014

7. He is social

8. Among others

GREAT! WONDERFUL! Lucky u op. I hail u ooo.
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by duruallwell25(m): 3:59pm On Sep 20, 2014
d fact dat a tall guy took advantage of ur womanliness or better put used and dumped u is not a yardstick to condemn tall sexy masculinity. it is nobody's fault dat u settled for less (according to d tone of ur wailings). In fact, upload ur pix let's see if u are deserving of a tall handsome guy which u once dreamed of... wink

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by staggerman(m): 4:00pm On Sep 20, 2014
I'm Tall, Dark and Strong.

That's just one side of me....

#TeamTall
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by AriDsexy(f): 4:00pm On Sep 20, 2014
1one:

But you may just have a recessive gene for tallness, or your husband may have the recessive gene for tallness and it would manifest in your children when you guys get married... In fact, the recessiveness may be so strong that 3 out of your four kids would be "coconut-Tree" tall.

So if you're concerned about how your children will turn out, it's not really always short + short =short,. As strange as it might be sometimes, Tall +Tall=short, this is due to the recessiveness of the short gene.

I think summarily what matters is getting married to someone you totally adore who adores you even much more in return, someone with amazing characters you only thought existed in dreams.

I personally plan not to get married to any lady whose bust size is less than a 34C, but really is that what should matter?... Bust size instead of character size?.. So I think it's fair to desire one physical attribute or the other in our would be partners.. But on the long run, it's those inate qualities that count.
Word!!
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Odunharry(m): 4:02pm On Sep 20, 2014
AfricanApple: for someone like me who is tall, I will be very shy walking with my short husband, so I've always included it in my prayer I want a tall dude. I just hope my prayer was answered but until we get to d permanent site, I wouldn't know
ur prayer has been answered already..search no more
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Sep 20, 2014
Sagamite:
I pity your husband.

He is a living compromise you made to satisfy your selfish need and fear of missing out.

In my opinion, you do not love him, you love the way he loves you.

God forbid that is my portion in life.

I would send a girl like you back to the people you really want.

All you young boys, note: there is no benefit in marrying any women

- Who was not attracted to you initially or at the first few interactions

- Who would die for a different kind of guy from you if they gave her the chance

- Who is only after you because others will not satisfy her needs

- Who would only consider you when the aesthetics is in decline

Fck that!

The phrase "I gave him/a guy a chance" is an insult in my world. Any girlfriend/wife I hear who dares use that on me is a goner.

It subconsciously unveils a hidden psychology.

Words on marble. Ol'girl had to settle because she couldn't get what she wanted, and I'm sure despite being "happily married" - when a tall guy that meets whatever criteria she has in her head comes along, she'll most likely open her legs, and let him fvck her right in her pu.ss.y lol. When a chic is settling because you're what she can have at that moment - you need to run. Then again, most of these chics who're either facially challenged or just average always have a tendency to dream big about guys they can't have. Hence there are tons of female groupies everywhere.

Also, she made other ridiculous statements about tall guys and it's evident that she's either clueless, dumb, or just basically confused because she couldn't marry a tall. If tall guys (guys above 6ft) who're in the minority - less than 10% of world's population - are the only bad guys out there. I honestly don't see why women complain about guys all the time because the overwhelming majority of women marry/date short guys.

Judging folks based on height/appearance is the reason why most of these women always end up with the worst type of guys. Hating on tall guys won't change the fact that you had to settle, just because you couldn't get the man of your dreams. Life isn't perfect - just move on.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Tallesty1(m): 4:04pm On Sep 20, 2014
[quote author=Odunharry][/quote]I sight you bro.

We rock.
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Odunharry(m): 4:05pm On Sep 20, 2014
Onyiridike:
I wouldn't want to look spectecular in public and face anguish and pain at home.

Do you want to please people and displease yourself? The choice is yours.
well said.
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by StoneColdBiceps(m): 4:07pm On Sep 20, 2014
Hmmm, tnk God this one learnt her lessons and woke up from her dream. I hope other girls bé listening. Meanwhile dyou still have crush for music artist and movie stars? If u do dat means u still have problems to solve.Dyou still go gaga for them especially when dy are in their limelight?and wat happens wen their career nose dive did ur likeness stoped and u look for d next reigning artist to hav crush on like ur friends do? Thee are more questions to bé answered.
Meanwhile im tall and hav a woman dat wish shes taller dan me, lol. i relate wit women first as a human being and commom sence and my motto is"just bé good"
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by MoyoGENERAL: 4:07pm On Sep 20, 2014
valmunich: Tell em oo, it's not always about the height smiley
hmmmm bro, how short are you?::::::4.6ft or na akin n popo league you dey?
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by macof(m): 4:07pm On Sep 20, 2014
3cycle:
I'm so obsessed with height my dear, tall guys are easy going and forgive easily. They enjoy life as it comes and bear no grudges which is very rare to see in a short dude .

That your sister married a tall man who doesn't send her does not mean it will turn out so for all ladies that married tall guys, very lame to sight her as an example.

My aunt married a short man too(she is tall) he is so filled with inferiority complex that any little thing she does he sees it as an insult because she was way taller. He embarrases her everywhere so people will know he is the man and superior which isn't necessary. She regrets marrying a short guy.

Stop lamenting

grin so u mean to say the taller you are the more you have this qualities u listed above?

height got nothing do with a man's character, tall or not a man would bare grudges if that's his inherit character

The greatest men on earth aren't the tallest men.
So what's the advantage of picking a taller man?

Note: I didn't say picking a tall man over a short man.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by themmydhayhor(m): 4:08pm On Sep 20, 2014
MrIknowAll: DIS POST SHOULD BE D BEST POST OF D DAY....
Really
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by safarigirl(f): 4:09pm On Sep 20, 2014
Well, I'm 5ft.2" so I don't have a choice. I must marry a dude as tall as Will Smith, good luck to those managing shorties, I no fit.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Odunharry(m): 4:10pm On Sep 20, 2014
jennylove7575: To me height is very important...common, no woman want to give birth to an akpuruka child.. Haba..as a nurse, I can clinically tell u say short men manhood no dey long e dey short and chubby.

is that u on ur dp?u gat 100likes na wah o..
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Odunharry(m): 4:11pm On Sep 20, 2014
AfricanApple: u just insulted me cos I said I do not want to marry a short man, I never forced u to marry a short man, that's wat I want and dats why I'm praying to god to grant me that

in case ur eyes was too cloudy to see it in my previous post, I said a tall man I like also has to have those other qualities, in fact d first tin I look out for in a man is his intelligence.
u want to know what I meant by "not too less'? like someone above said, not everything we want that we get , instead to die trying to get that thing, its better to settle for alternative choices, but don't settle for something that later in life u would be like 'I shoulda waited a bit more'

as a matter of fact, my guy is tall,
very very caring, not poor
dresses cutely
he neither snores or open eyes or mouth while sleeping
he gas ever washed my clothes
he has never shouts at me etc etc and dats why I'm praying nothing will drive us apart

however there are short men who has those irritating traits u listed up there. height has nothing to do with a person's character.
mbok, tall or average or nothing more. edumare jowo gbadura mi

and oh pls, if u can not argue amicably pls ignore this, ah no get strength dis nite
buhahahahahah...u dn vex o
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by macof(m): 4:13pm On Sep 20, 2014
3cycle:

It's obvious you married him because of his money and nothing more, you sound too angry to have a reasonable conversation with anyone.
Keep your nwakpuda and let us keep our giants

Even if she did. It's far better to marry a man for his money than jst for his height.

So who is better between u and the OP??

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Sep 20, 2014
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Sep 20, 2014
majekdom2: how did you come about this too ? you get R and D centre for your house ? I got loads of tall friens doing well in their businesses . they are intelligent and dynamic individuals.
lol, use google or consult a neurologistcheesy no mind me o, I too like to de find trouble ocheesycheesy

Yet the op made very significant point stillsmiley

Meanwhile, I just went to my library now and found this: Keller MC, Garver-Apgar CE, Wright MJ, Martin NG, Corley RP, et al. (2013) The Genetic Correlation between Height and IQ: Shared Genes or Assortative Mating? PLoS Genet 9(4): e1003451. doi:10.1371/journal.pgen.1003451

There is a correlation between height and intelligence and sometimes creativity.

Tall people tend to have more IQ than short people...but when they become taller- 6ft above, it becomes a disadvantage to their creativity and intelligence level, sometimes it also affects their life expectancy- they tend to age quick, bend over, develop some illnesses and may die younger than those bw 5ft - 6ft.

Read versed my brother...its good to read everythingsmiley
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Sep 20, 2014
Had my experience with tall and short and both r kinda mean nd couldn't care less. Height changes nothing...men are men .

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Odunharry(m): 4:19pm On Sep 20, 2014
jmoore: Some folks lack comprehension. Listen to the op.
Her last sentence in the first post is the main message.
i dey tell u and people are saying rubbish....

I can bet many people didnt read her message
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Sep 20, 2014
Onyiridike:
Exactly! Can we say that ladies who are yellow in complexion are better than those who are dark-complexioned?

The reason why bleaching creams are selling like pure water.

Enough of lazy and deluded guys who have got nothing but EXCESS pitutrine (growth) hormone to brag about.
hey you. That your experience with tall guy(s) was frustrating doesn't mean you should go stereotypical on tall guys. I'm a tall guy but the way you keep bashing tall guys here is uncalled for. Maybe you weren't destined to spend your life with a tall guy albeit you'd wished for that.

P.S : Since you're happily married to a man of quite an average height and from what I read about him, it can be deduced that he treats you like a queen, then what's the point in digging up your past awful relationships with tall guys. Don't you think your reminiscence will unsettle him(your husband) as a man who loves, cares and cherishes you? undecided

Last Bullet: I'm a tall guy and in a relationship. If you're to judge by the love I share with my partner, then your criticsms are baseless and are not even worth taking with a grain of salt.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

Top Ten Funniest Nigerian Chat-up Lines / My Horrible Reaction When My Side-chick Told Me I Have HIV (Photos) / Graphic DM A Married Man Sent A Lady On Instagram Exposed (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.