Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,573 members, 7,823,495 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? (92493 Views)

Dating A Broke Guy (my Experience): Is It Worth It? / 10 Ways Ladies Will Frustrate Your Life If You Are A Broke Guy / 10 Categories Of Nigerian Ladies You Should Not Woo If You Are A Broke Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by 3sha4lyf: 10:33pm On Sep 20, 2014
gede7744:

is this a compliment or an insult?

I guess its a COMPLIMENTARY INSULT cheesy grin cheesy grin

5 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by jmoore(m): 10:36pm On Sep 20, 2014
QuiverBox:

When you say Man are you referring to your Husband or your Boyfriend?

If you are referring to your Boyfriend, then let me ask, what Morally justification do you have to demand for him to take care of you , what ownership do u have over him? Is it a right for him to succumb to you demand? HELL NO. What ever he will do for you should be consider a privilege not a Right.

If you are referring to your Husband , then he as the Man of the House has a responsibility to take care of his Household , you his wife inclusive. Even the Bible says in 1 Timothy 5:8 "any man that does not take care of his Household is worst than an Infidel"

My dear if you mindset has been that of a Guy to take care of his Babe all the time, you have to change that mindset and learn to fend and take care of yourself with or without a man, But if you are Married , please support your Husband in fending for your Household.

Men don't like Liability.

Please, are you from mars? I'm impressed.

2 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by ChiSun27(m): 10:38pm On Sep 20, 2014
gede7744:

is this a compliment or an insult?

Insult keh? Wia was it written?
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by ideology(m): 10:39pm On Sep 20, 2014
Ladies calling a guy broke, as. Long as he is not your husband, he owes you nothing than love, its not about money

If I may ask what have you added to his life.
How have you motivated him to be successful?

From all indications you are selfish

5 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Sep 20, 2014
Mcbussy:

Yes,its a crime in d civilized world...if your dream is to be a sit at home wife in d 21st century,then u are not just 1 of those NFAs,you are also crude...a relic of a lost age tongue

Just saying wink
hisses at you in Spanish I am a working class lady tho

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by 3sha4lyf: 10:52pm On Sep 20, 2014
ideology: Ladies calling a guy broke, as. Long as he is not your husband, he owes you nothing than love, its not about money

WRONG....he's ur boyfriend so he owes you a lot more than an ordinary male friend, as long as you guys remain together, however long you remain together for. Same way when you're in a relationship, he doesn't just expect you to hang out with every Tom Dick n Harry. You both owe eachother, and if he has to cater to your needs, emotional, physical or financial, then he sure owes you that.
Tx

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Sep 20, 2014
ideology: Ladies calling a guy broke, as. Long as he is not your husband, he owes you nothing than love, its not about money

To be rich is for your own sake! Won't Ɣ☺u be happy if Ɣ☺u r comfortable like wizkid, davido and all? Have most of all you want at ur command? Its not about your gf now, its about Ɣ☺u. What diff will it make if my bf is rich, it it will only make me happy cos m not in the relationship for money. Rich guys have asked me out but my answer remains NO because ur money is useless to me as far as am concerned. How many times do Ɣ☺u hear of mrs Dangote? Mrs Adenuga,....Ɣ☺u cn clearly see its all about ur comfort cool
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by ideology(m): 11:02pm On Sep 20, 2014
OlamiB:
To be rich is for your own sake! Won't Ɣ☺u be happy if Ɣ☺u r comfortable like wizkid, davido and all? Have most of all you want at ur command? Its not about your gf now, its about Ɣ☺u. What diff will it make if my bf is rich, it it will only make me happy cos m not in the relationship for money. Rich guys have asked me out but my answer remains NO because ur money is useless to me as far as am concerned. How many times do Ɣ☺u hear of mrs Dangote? Mrs Adenuga,....Ɣ☺u cn clearly see its all about ur comfort cool

Are you saying he doesn't desire to be financially stable.
My question is simple, what are you doing to help him successful, in what way are you motivating.

If you have not done anything then, you are a liability too with no insurance cover.

5 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by ideology(m): 11:09pm On Sep 20, 2014
3sha4lyf:

WRONG....he's ur boyfriend so he owes you a lot more than an ordinary male friend, as long as you guys remain together, however long you remain together for. Same way when you're in a relationship, he doesn't just expect you to hang out with every Tom Dick n Harry. You both owe eachother, and if he has to cater to your needs, emotional, physical or financial, then he sure owes you that.
Tx

Am not saying he can't cater for your needs, but He doesn't owe you, your needs, go get a life for yourself.
Don't mount unnecessary pressure on the young man.
Have seen guys do all the above for ladies, they still get dumped for someone richer than they are.

Howbeit, i always ask, what are you adding to his life, what can you say you motivated him to achieve.

if you are no more, what will he remember you for, a cute lady, a sex partner or woman of my dreams and mother of my children, better still my best friend.

7 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by RaphaellaDD(f): 11:11pm On Sep 20, 2014

6 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Sep 20, 2014
ideology:

Are you saying he doesn't desire to be financially stable.
My question is simple, what are you doing to help him successful, in what way are you motivating.

If you have not done anything then, you are a liability too with no insurance cover.
I encourage him a lot especially when we are together, I also help him financially. I have denied myself somethings I need cos I believe he needs the money more than me at that particular moment

4 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by ideology(m): 11:17pm On Sep 20, 2014
I may not have heard of mrs Adenuga, and mrs Dangote, but Have heard of mrs Ngozi Iwela, prof. Dora Akunyili(of blessed memory), mrs madubeke, dr (mrs) Ekwezili
Mrs Omotola, ms Genevieve, Nigeria needs more wake up and get a life

4 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by ideology(m): 11:22pm On Sep 20, 2014
OlamiB:
I encourage him a lot especially when we are together, I also help him financially. I have denied myself somethings I need cos I believe he needs the money more than me at that particular moment
Babe We need to talk outside NL, you need to push him extra.
You guys need to talk about alot
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Joshpa: 11:35pm On Sep 20, 2014
Visit one of the best websites to read strictly Nigerian and international retail news. If you have a business you run, this website will top you up with current information in retail. www.retailtopnews.com Dont forget to like our page for regular updates.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Joshpa: 11:35pm On Sep 20, 2014
Visit one of the best websites to read strictly Nigerian and international retail news. If you have a business you run, this website will top you up with current information in retail. www.retailtopnews.com Dont forget to like our page for regular updates.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by 3sha4lyf: 12:07am On Sep 21, 2014
ideology: I may not have heard of mrs Adenuga, and mrs Dangote, but Have heard of mrs Ngozi Iwela, prof. Dora Akunyili(of blessed memory), mrs madubeke, dr (mrs) Ekwezili
Mrs Omotola, ms Genevieve, Nigeria needs more wake up and get a life

I think we misunderstood poster but then Guess what?! All these Mrs Okonjo, Mrs Omotola and Miss Genevieve and co, they'll NEVER DATE BROKE GUYS...Show me one SUCCESSFUL woman dat is dating/dated a broke guy into marriage and I'll show you several successful women who lived with well-to-do guys all thru their lives, one way or the other... that is not to say they depended on them... its just to add that a broke guy demotivates a hardworking girl...PERIOD!... BtW, this is my opinion, I very much respect your view and opinion albeit.

3 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by 3sha4lyf: 12:14am On Sep 21, 2014
ideology:

Am not saying he can't cater for your needs, but He doesn't owe you, your needs, go get a life for yourself.
Don't mount unnecessary pressure on the young man.
Have seen guys do all the above for ladies, they still get dumped for someone richer than they are.

Howbeit, i always ask, what are you adding to his life, what can you say you motivated him to achieve.

if you are no more, what will he remember you for, a cute lady, a sex partner or woman of my dreams and mother of my children, better still my best friend.

I can sense some emotions in your post cheesy well, every man has something to remember a girl he@s been with for, regardless of how small the value may be...even an ever demanding girl adds value to her man...she either makes him work harder to meet demands OR she makes him smart enough to end her patronage and avoid future "customers" with high demands he cant supply...he he he he he he

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by ideology(m): 12:15am On Sep 21, 2014
3sha4lyf:

I think we misunderstood poster but then Guess what?! All these Mrs Okonjo, Mrs Omotola and Miss Genevieve and co, they'll NEVER DATE BROKE GUYS...Show me one SUCCESSFUL woman dat is dating/dated a broke guy into marriage and I'll show you several successful women who lived with well-to-do guys all thru their lives, one way or the other... that is not to say they depended on them... its just to add that a broke guy demotivates a hardworking girl...PERIOD!... BtW, this is my opinion, I very much respect your view and opinion albeit.

When you accepted him, didn't you know he was not financial stable.
Or you noticed that after you accepted him.

Pls note, op was busy comparing her guy with her friends men.
What kind of thing is that.

I wonder how someone's financial statements will make me less motivated.

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by ideology(m): 12:21am On Sep 21, 2014
3sha4lyf:

I can sense some emotions in your post cheesy well, every man has something to remember a girl he@s been with for, regardless of how small the value may be...even an ever demanding girl adds value to her man...she either makes him work harder to meet demands OR she makes him smart enough to end her patronage and avoid future "customers" with high demands he cant supply...he he he he he he

I see, you are one of those that believe it ladies world.
You think your demanding for gold necklace every 30days makes a man works harder.

You are just digging holes in his pocket.
He can't make much serious investment s just to satisfy you demands

If you have nothing positive to offer other than sex, then you are a liability

12 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by 3sha4lyf: 12:28am On Sep 21, 2014
ideology:

When you accepted him, didn't you know he was not financial stable.
Or you noticed that after you accepted him.

Pls note, op was busy comparing her guy with her friends men.
What kind of thing is that.

I wonder how someone's financial statements will make me less motivated.
ideology:
I see, you are one of those that believe it ladies world.
You think your demanding for gold necklace every 30days makes a man works harder.
You are just digging holes in his pocket.
He can't make much serious investment s just to satisfy you demands
If you have nothing positive to offer other than sex, then you are a liability

i dont think you're a female, or better still, like i said, dont bash except you've sucessfully been in and/or you are still in a relationship with a broke dude, and then you come and give the girls some tips on how it worked for you... until then, lets just enjoy the thread...cheesy He who feels it knows it.

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by ideology(m): 12:31am On Sep 21, 2014
3sha4lyf:

i dont think you're a female, or better still, like i said, dont bash except you've sucessfully been in and/or you are still in a relationship with a broke dude, and then you come and give the girls some tips on how it worked for you... until then, lets just enjoy the thread...cheesy He who feels it knows it.

Its your life my dear.
You can call your man broke, even with your empty account. Because He's your atm machine

9 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by ideology(m): 12:33am On Sep 21, 2014
Its very obvious ladies that see their man as their ATM, are broke, they are just looking for someone to transfer their burden to

7 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Odunharry(m): 12:38am On Sep 21, 2014
QuiverBox:

Your comment portrays lack of self worth,
U notice it too...she is probably still young and naive...i hope she learn on time

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Odunharry(m): 12:42am On Sep 21, 2014
glitest: I do not see a reason why I shouldn't date a broke guy. I can date a broke guy, if he does possess a good character, has aspirations/ drive to make it in life, does not see me as his bank, nor ticket to make it in life; also in as long as there isn't jealously towards me, nor insecurities about his situation.
Such situation will not last forever.

u have insight and foresight bt unfortunately,many girls lack such attribute..

God bless u and ur husband/boyfriend

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by single92(m): 12:42am On Sep 21, 2014
Omo dis gal don finish in boi frnd 4 here...imagin dey insult, nawa 4 gals o

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by valdes00(m): 12:43am On Sep 21, 2014
Am very sure d OP's BF wnt b proud of her if he gets to read all wat she wrote........ Dat is if it does nt lead to RED card....

2 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Odunharry(m): 12:48am On Sep 21, 2014
QuiverBox:

When you say Man are you referring to your Husband or your Boyfriend?

If you are referring to your Boyfriend, then let me ask, what Morally justification do you have to demand for him to take care of you , what ownership do u have over him? Is it a right for him to succumb to you demand? HELL NO. What ever he will do for you should be consider a privilege not a Right.

If you are referring to your Husband , then he as the Man of the House has a responsibility to take care of his Household , you his wife inclusive. Even the Bible says in 1 Timothy 5:8 "any man that does not take care of his Household is worst than an Infidel"

My dear if you mindset has been that of a Guy to take care of his Babe all the time, you have to change that mindset and learn to fend and take care of yourself with or without a man, But if you are Married , please support your Husband in fending for your Household.

Men don't like Liability.
God bless u
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by ideology(m): 12:50am On Sep 21, 2014
valdes00: Am very sure d OP's BF wnt b proud of her if he gets to read all wat she wrote........ Dat is if it does nt lead to RED card....
She was busy comparing him with another man, that is very terrible
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by valdes00(m): 1:07am On Sep 21, 2014
ideology:
She was busy comparing him with another man, that is very terrible
I jus pity her BF....
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by HFOG(f): 1:49am On Sep 21, 2014
ideology: Its very obvious ladies that see their man as their ATM, are broke, they are just looking for someone to transfer their burden to
Not all ladies
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Keypha(m): 3:06am On Sep 21, 2014
Instead of praying to your guy to have money you are here talking shit ageist him, no be ur fellow women dey swallow drug enter flight go deliver and make money, even some girls brings connection to there guys, later dey marry with mega money.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Dolcilicious(f): 9:29am On Sep 21, 2014
OlamiB: I Just dnt know why broke guys wants to have a girlfriend too, before you start complaning let me quickly tell you am actually dating one shocked
Guys jump into conclusion that girls dnt want to date a broke guy simply because he has nothing to offer financially, but this is not true in all cases, a girl that loves you sees Ɣ☺u in her future like her husband. She wants the best for you cos she sees Ɣ☺u in her future, a girl can date a broke guy but no girl will intentionally marry a broke man.
I love my broke boyfriend because firstly am not dating him for financial reason and 2ndly because I see a bright future in him, but one thing remain, I cnt marry him if he continues being broke.
I have stopped condemning girls that doesn't settle for less, there are so many disadvantages of dating a broke somebody
*talk about a boring relationship; when your female frnds are going places with their rich bf, Ɣ☺u r just there lying on his bed staring at each other's faces in his heated room.
*your frnds will not respect him; by the time your female frnds get to know about his brokeness the respect will just not be there anymore, girls love each other and they want the best for each other.
*he will always disgrace you; yes! This is most annoying, a little amount of money will cause fight between you two, imagine asking your broke bf to at least present himself in a wealthy way to impress your female frnds by buy provision or something for them will make him tear Ɣ☺u apart.
*he commands too much respect; this is funny, even rich guys that can afford to
Buy expensive things for their woman doesn't command as much as him, I guess this is done so Ɣ☺u won't disregard him.
*he will naturally look stingy to you; imagine asking your broke bf to help Ɣ☺u with #500 when he himself already has a plan for the only #1000 left with him, this is ridiculous because by the time he decides to impress you with 2000# Ɣ☺u won't just be feeling him anymore.
This is just a few of what I cn remember now, guys should note that their being financially okay brings a kind of hapiness to their gf/fiancé not only because of what they will enjoy from you but because they see their dream being fufilled tru Ɣ☺u,Ɣ☺u live in the best house, drive the best car and all tell me if ur partner won't be proud to show Ɣ☺u off.
I love my baby very much but as little as 100# can cause a misunderstanding btw us. God knows the kind of joy that will fill my heart the day he will be financially ok.
'it takes a real woman to date a broke guy and help him fufil his dream'
All this is written from the sadness of my heart.

awww,his he a working class or a student?If he is a student things might get better when he graduates and start working,i.e if ur not taking his stinginess for brokeness.But if he is a working class and is still broke?abeg he needs prayer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

When Does A joystick Really Stop Growing / Pictures: I Later Got Married To One Of These Two Girls / Canadian Lady Excited As She Arrives Nigeria To Meet Her Nigerian Lover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.