Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,895 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? (92440 Views)

Dating A Broke Guy (my Experience): Is It Worth It? / 10 Ways Ladies Will Frustrate Your Life If You Are A Broke Guy / 10 Categories Of Nigerian Ladies You Should Not Woo If You Are A Broke Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Sep 20, 2014
Crystalsemerald: forgive me if i sound a little bit orthodox but how come most females believe guys are in this world to, you know Bleep ? Or whatever that is called these days.
I don't understand what you wrote ooo
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Sep 20, 2014
Why are you people bashing me like this? Ɣ☺u dnt seem to get me, God knows I love him and m not with him because of money. I am not this typical nigerian girl with the mentality that the guy should act as the father.
I just want the best for him. Money is important in a relationship even if the girl isn't demanding for it. I have never for once collected money frm him to buy materialistic thing. I pray for his sucess every morning cos I believe in him and I love him very much. He is nice in his own way.

8 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by QuiverBox(f): 7:49pm On Sep 20, 2014
prettythicksme: cheap how enumerate?

So you hve se.x with your BF so that he can take care of your needs? Or take care of what he is fucking as u put it

Any lady that waits for a guy to take care of her needs is Lazy and Cheap.

#work for your money

18 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 20, 2014
prettythicksme: don't mind him he thinks am a lil girl he can't just talk to anyhow.

Oya no too vex again. *pats her on d back*
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Sep 20, 2014
QuiverBox:

So you hve se.x with your BF so that he can take care of your needs? Or take care of what he is fucking as u put it

Any lady that waits for a guy to take care of her needs is Lazy and Cheap.

#work for your money
so you are telling our man should not take care of us if they have the money or whateven though a lady is working a man should also give I can never go into a relationship whereby my husband will not give me money even though I have mine. what you saying is not right okay

3 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Sep 20, 2014
faceURfront:

Oya no too vex again. *pats her on d back*
thanks **remove the hand for my back jorr abi baby
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Sep 20, 2014
prettythicksme: thanks **remove the hand for my back jorr abi baby

cheesy
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by QuiverBox(f): 8:12pm On Sep 20, 2014
prettythicksme: so you are telling our man should not take care of us if they have the money or whateven though a lady is working a man should also give I can never go into a relationship whereby my husband will not give me money even though I have mine. what you saying is not right okay

When you say Man are you referring to your Husband or your Boyfriend?

If you are referring to your Boyfriend, then let me ask, what Morally justification do you have to demand for him to take care of you , what ownership do u have over him? Is it a right for him to succumb to you demand? HELL NO. What ever he will do for you should be consider a privilege not a Right.

If you are referring to your Husband , then he as the Man of the House has a responsibility to take care of his Household , you his wife inclusive. Even the Bible says in 1 Timothy 5:8 "any man that does not take care of his Household is worst than an Infidel"

My dear if you mindset has been that of a Guy to take care of his Babe all the time, you have to change that mindset and learn to fend and take care of yourself with or without a man, But if you are Married , please support your Husband in fending for your Household.

Men don't like Liability.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by herald9: 8:15pm On Sep 20, 2014
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 20, 2014
QuiverBox:

If you are referring to your Boyfriend, then let me ask, what Morally justification do you have to demand for him to take care of you , what ownership do u have over him? Is it a right for him to succumb to you demand? HELL NO. What ever he will do for you should be consider a privilege not a Right.

If you are referring to your Husband , then he as the Man of the House has a responsibility to take care of his Household , you his wife inclusive. Even the Bible says in 1 Timothy 5:8 "any man that does not take care of his Household is worst than an Infidel"

My dear if you mindset has been that of a Guy to take care of his Babe all the time, you have to change that mindset and learn to fend and take care of yourself with or without a man, But if you are Married , please support your Husband in fending for your Household.

and what of those men that take care of their wives real good and dont allow them to work is that a crime or what??
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Sep 20, 2014
faceURfront:

cheesy
tongue
faceURfront:

cheesy
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by loswhite(m): 8:32pm On Sep 20, 2014
prettythicksme: at least the bleeper should try to take care of the bleeped
and d bleeped should try to take care of the bleeper. My point is both party should care of one another.

2 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by loswhite(m): 8:35pm On Sep 20, 2014
faceURfront:

Let d bleeped take care of d bleepee
cheesy grin grin cheesy
na so o brother.

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Sep 20, 2014
loswhite: and d bleeped should try to take care of the bleeper. My point is both party should care of one another.
good idea tho

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by QuiverBox(f): 8:42pm On Sep 20, 2014
prettythicksme: and what of those men that take care of their wives real good and dont allow them to work is that a crime or what??

That's their Choice not yours as a woman, as you said they don't allow them to work and they take care of them.

10 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by xtervaganza(m): 8:50pm On Sep 20, 2014
At 1st I didn't understand the op but later I did

Guys let's stop putting ourselves in permanent anger mode, this girl clearly what's the best for her man but like you and I, she wants the best for her and her unborn children.

And she's been with him for 3 years, I'm sure she must have had lots of chances to leave him for another guy

5 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by xtervaganza(m): 8:52pm On Sep 20, 2014
QuiverBox:

nice write up

I'm impressed

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Lily4star(f): 8:59pm On Sep 20, 2014
Annnyberry: hhahahaha your so funny and so on point

My Sister, you don see am nah grin

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Generalkorex(m): 9:00pm On Sep 20, 2014
OlamiB:
I am not. I do most of the spending and also giving him money for this career
so this kind of girls still exist.
Hmmmmm God bless u @op

3 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Sep 20, 2014
OlamiB: Why are you people bashing me like this? Ɣ☺u dnt seem to get me, God knows I love him and m not with him because of money. I am not this typical nigerian girl with the mentality that the guy should act as the father.
I just want the best for him. Money is important in a relationship even if the girl isn't demanding for it. I have never for once collected money frm him to buy materialistic thing. I pray for his sucess every morning cos I believe in him and I love him very much. He is nice in his own way.

Well, u came here to complain, to tell us tins u cant tell him. And we all concluded dat u dont love him. If ur boyfriend read ur initial post, do you think he will believe dat u actually do love him, afta comparing him with odas and using ur friends' standard to judge him?

How can u pray for him every morning and still come hia to complain? Is it dat u dont have faith or u think God is too slow concerning his case?

U just need to take it easy cos complaining usually grows into complacency and eventually contempt.

8 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Sep 20, 2014
loswhite: are your friends not enjoying the bleeping? Are your friends taking care of the thing dat does the bleeping? If no, y then do you expect the bleeper to take care of the bleeped grin
LMAO
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by destante(f): 9:10pm On Sep 20, 2014
QuiverBox:

This is nicee smiley

5 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Chilug(m): 9:30pm On Sep 20, 2014
OlamiB:
Who is this one? That ur gf is dating Ɣ☺u for money doesn't mean every girl is like her ok? I have been with my bf for close to 3years now nd I haven't spent his 10k, if the relationship is based on money, I would have left even before the first 3months.
So what's d idea behind ur post and relating it to ur relationship with ur boyfriend. And btw is he aware that u put up dis trash here?
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Sep 20, 2014
prettythicksme: I don't understand what you wrote ooo

you wouldn't....
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by 3sha4lyf: 9:39pm On Sep 20, 2014
Its he who wears the shoes that knows where it pinches...
if you are a lady and you're of the opinion that you shouldn't mind/depend on ur man's finances, welldone.
I can relate very well with the poster OlamiB. Even if you are a multi-billioniare duchess, there's this satisfaction as a woman if and only if you can boast TO YOUR SELF that at least, the lingerie youre wearing today was given to you by your partner.
So if a man is broke, if thats what it is, is not healthy for a relationship...

I call money a "hygiene factor" (from Herzeberg's motivation theory) in relationships, be it dating or marriage. If money is present, it doesn't mean the relationship wont crash, but if there's no money, that relationship will struggle to survive. Even a broke guy knows he's not happy; hes only hopeful that things will change pretty soon. And if he cant handle the effect of "brokage", several factors can creep in, even being unnecessarily possessive over the (only) girl who can tolerate his weak pockets even if she has hers.

Back in the days, my big uncle told us that its the poor boyfriends that yell at you, ask you questions like "where'r r u coming from"?, "Who's calling you?" "who gave you that money? etc, yet they be the ones to come to your room, open ur fridge and drink those exotic can drinks you stuffed in there, but u bear it all for love.

My dear poster, one deep suggestion is that as long as you see some harness-able potentials in him, let the love you have for him encourage you to support him get there--->the promised land.

For others, please dont bash yet until you've taken the challenge to date a broke guy while you are "hardworking" and "ok". I bet you wont even be able to buy yourself that lovely average wrtistwatch you've always craved when you know your guy hasnt even got a wristwatch. You cant even spend your own money openly near him cos youre just inviting palaver for yourself (Guys you know this very well).

Like i said, please only bash if you have survived, and STILL surviving in a relationship with a broke guy.

tx

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by lymelyte(m): 9:47pm On Sep 20, 2014
loswhite: are your friends not enjoying the bleeping? Are your friends taking care of the thing dat does the bleeping? If no, y then do you expect the bleeper to take care of the bleeped grin
guy u well so? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by BankManager(m): 9:50pm On Sep 20, 2014
[quote author=DiamonJ]girls are depending on guy, just a little [quote][/s] suport and gift ginger d relationship, like me my guy know what am what, but atleast when coming back from outside even if is groundnut buy for me ooooo, if u don't i'll start losting feeling for u, i'm a romantic person, even if u are getting d money from me atleast use 10 or 5 percent of it to make me feel like a women that i am[quote][s]
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Mcbussy(m): 9:52pm On Sep 20, 2014
prettythicksme: and what of those men that take care of their wives real good and dont allow them to work is that a crime or what??

Yes,its a crime in d civilized world...if your dream is to be a sit at home wife in d 21st century,then u are not just 1 of those NFAs,you are also crude...a relic of a lost age tongue

Just saying wink

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Sep 20, 2014
3sha4lyf: Its he who wears the shoes that knows where it pinches...
if you are a lady and you're of the opinion that you shouldn't mind/depend on ur man's finances, welldone.
I can relate very well with the poster OlamiB. Even if you are a multi-billioniare duchess, there's this satisfaction as a woman if and only if you can boast TO YOUR SELF that at least, the lingerie youre wearing today was given to you by your partner.

I call money a "hygiene factor" (from Herzeberg's motivation theory) in relationships, be it dating or marriage. If money is present, it doesn't mean the relationship wont crash, but if there's no money, that relationship will struggle to survive. Even a broke guy knows he's not happy; hes only hopeful that things will change pretty soon. And if he cant handle the effect of "brokage", several factors can creep in, even being unnecessarily possessive over the (only) girl who can tolerate his weak pockets even if she has hers.

Back in the days, my big uncle told us that its the poor boyfriends that yell at you, ask you questions like "where'r r u coming from"?, "Who's calling you?" "who gave you that money? etc, yet they be the ones to come to your room, open ur fridge and drink those exotic can drinks you stuffed in there, but u bear it all for love.

My dear poster, one deep suggestion is that as long as you see some harness-able potentials in him, let the love you have for him encourage you to support him get there--->the promised land.

For others, please dont bash yet until you've taken the challenge to date a broke guy while you are "hardworking" and "ok". I bet you wont even be able to buy yourself that lovely average wrtistwatch you've always craved when you know your guy hasnt even got a wristwatch. You cant even spend your own money openly near him cos youre just inviting palaver for yourself (Guys you know this very well).

Like i said, please only bash if you have survived, and STILL surviving in a relationship with a broke guy.

tx

Hmm! Madam, I totally agree with u. Broke guys hardly find love dis days, especially with the no-finance-no-romance philosophy in naija. He shd be grateful she stayed with him for 3yrs.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by ChiSun27(m): 10:12pm On Sep 20, 2014
gede7744: op l like u. u are too factual.

but have u considered d fact that some ladies/women are created to be richer than their husbands/ (or in ur case bf)

if u are born to be richer than ur husband and u refuse to maximize ur potential all because u believed that men are born to be a sole provider u are cheating on urself and u will definitely be miserable

my advice- maximize ur potential. don't wait for any man to complete u. be a complete entity. any other jara is appreciated

shalom

You know one thing my friend....

You must have come from village...cause only peeps from my village talks the way you just did.

It is good having a sister like you.

Hope th OP hids to your advise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by gede7744(f): 10:20pm On Sep 20, 2014
ChiSun27:

You know one thing my friend....

You must have come from village...cause only peeps from my village talks the way you just did.

It is good having a sister like you.

Hope th OP hids to your advise.

is this a compliment or an insult?
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Sep 20, 2014
3sha4lyf: Its he who wears the shoes that knows where it pinches...

tx
Ɣ☺u seem to understand me. I am just pouring my heart out to feel light inside of me, posting this about my bf wasn't intentional

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Ladies Smoking At Club Joker In Benin (Fun Photos) / Pictures: I Later Got Married To One Of These Two Girls / Canadian Lady Excited As She Arrives Nigeria To Meet Her Nigerian Lover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.