Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,954 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? (92443 Views)

Dating A Broke Guy (my Experience): Is It Worth It? / 10 Ways Ladies Will Frustrate Your Life If You Are A Broke Guy / 10 Categories Of Nigerian Ladies You Should Not Woo If You Are A Broke Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Sep 30, 2014
@OP God bless you jare say no to lazy men.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 11:28pm On Sep 30, 2014
Enahi: You can't date a typical naija broke guy,trust me I have been there. Not once. Majority of them will see you as their bank,food ticket ,and also expect the lady to do everything for them.

Wow! grin how many broke niggas have you dated? All Nija broke guys?

Damn! Such a huge pity. Your punnany must be worn out already. grin

2 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by bosun11(m): 11:28pm On Sep 30, 2014
What A Funny Thread....
Nobody forced you into dating this so-called broke guy...u dated him because you liked him to an extent ...or were you dating him out of PITY ??
U could as well date a rich guy, but u know something abt them,.....when they treat you right and it becomes obvious you dated them because of money, they might as well dump you! for another babe.

My candid advice is date a man with Goals And Visions....Money doesn't bring happiness in marriage only if you just dating without the mindset of getting married to the individual.......................
Relationship goes beyond love , money and all...it involves understanding , tolerance , sacrifice and communication.............

My last statement : done date a guy because of his finance ....Be Independent...That is when Men respect ladies only if you dating a BOY !EOD

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by watchindelta(m): 11:29pm On Sep 30, 2014
no money no pussycat.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 11:30pm On Sep 30, 2014
Acidosis: op is an i diot.

See the way you're admonishing guys to make money like Dangote and Adenuga. Wait first o, how much be ya papa pension? see your loud mouth like Dangote.

Na all this kain rubbish dey make guys go into fraud, robbery and juju.
Are you aware the economy is harsh? Are you aware there no good jobs around?

Is your bf happy about the lack?

By the way; have you ever heard the word - Contentment?
Must everybody be Rich?
Who & What stops you from dating a rich man?

You'd better quit insulting this innocent man before you call the wrath of God upon your idio.tic self.

And Yes; I don't care if you call me broke or not; I'm not living my life to make you happy. I am broke and happy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Thank you sir. Where in my write up did I say guys should trun to arm robbers to impress their girlfrnds? I only gave dangote and adenuga as examples, does that mean am implying that every guy must be as rich as them? I only mean you should be comfortable in your own little way. Ok?
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by LONGFELLOW02(m): 11:31pm On Sep 30, 2014
MrsGoodness: i dont do broke guys

So u're riches Dog

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Acidosis(m): 11:32pm On Sep 30, 2014
OlamiB:
Thank you sir. Where in my write up did I say guys should trun to arm robbers to impress their girlfrnds? I only gave dangote and adenuga as examples, does that mean am implying that every guy must be as rich as them? I only mean you should be comfortable in your own little way. Ok?
Your boyfriend is comfortable in his own little way.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by kenex4ever(m): 11:32pm On Sep 30, 2014
destante: well I would date a not too buoyant man if he wouldn't get intimidated by me. And yes, a lady needs a lot of patience to date such men.
Am not too buoyant and I won't be intimidate. WILL U DATE ME?
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by LONGFELLOW02(m): 11:33pm On Sep 30, 2014
Most of this babe that are looking for rich guy are 4rm poor home without dream. . .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by livingstoneony(m): 11:33pm On Sep 30, 2014
prettythicksme: chaii broke guys they can bleep heaven yet they don't have money to take care of the thing they bleep.I have friend that date them so annoying
wow.."that date dem"?! because dey r broke doesn't mean dey r nt human or r from another race... Girls r to materialistic this days!
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by marcyemi(m): 11:34pm On Sep 30, 2014
OlamiB: I Just don't know why broke guys wants to have a girlfriend too, before you start complaning let me quickly tell you am actually dating one shocked

Guys jump into conclusion that girls don't want to date a broke guy simply because he has nothing to offer financially, but this is not true in all cases, a girl that loves you sees you in her future like her husband. She wants the best for you cos she sees you in her future, a girl can date a broke guy but no girl will intentionally marry a broke man.

I love my broke boyfriend because firstly am not dating him for financial reason and 2ndly because I see a bright future in him, but one thing remain, I can't marry him if he continues being broke.

I have stopped condemning girls that doesn't settle for less, there are so many disadvantages of dating a broke guy namely:

*talk about a boring relationship; when your female friends are going places with their rich bf, you are just there lying on his bed staring at each other's faces in his heated room.

*your friends will not respect him; by the time your female friends get to know about his brokeness the respect will just not be there anymore, girls love each other and they want the best for each other.

*he will always disgrace you; yes! This is most annoying, a little amount of money will cause fight between you two, imagine asking your broke boyfriend to at least present himself in a wealthy way to impress your female friends by buying provision or something for them will make him tear you apart.

*he commands too much respect; this is funny, even rich guys that can afford to buy expensive things for their woman doesn't command as much as him, I guess this is done so you won't disregard him.

*he will naturally look stingy to you ; imagine asking your broke boyfriend to help you with #500 when he himself already has a plan for the only #1000 left with him, this is ridiculous because by the time he decides to impress you with 2000# you won't just be feeling him anymore.

This is just a few of what I can remember now, guys should note that their being financially okay brings a kind of hapiness to their girlfriend/fiancé not only because of what they will enjoy from you but because they see their dream being fufilled through you, you live in the best house, drive the best car and all tell me if ur partner won't be proud to show you off.

I love my baby very much but as little as 100# can cause a misunderstanding btw us. God knows the kind of joy that will fill my heart the day he will be financially ok.

'it takes a real woman to date a broke guy and help him fufil his dream'

All this is written from the sadness of my heart.

I guess some guys don't understand me, I am only asking the guys to be rich for their own good not because of a leech girlfriend/fiance. Nigerian men are quick to insult any girl that comes here to talk about money in a relationship. I am not after my Boyfriend's money or anything, his happiness is mine also and I know he will be happy by the time he is financially ok to cater for all his own needs and beyond.

If you become financially successful it is your name that will be known not your wife's name talkless of a girlfriend, that is why I used Dangote and ADenuga as example...how often do you guys hear of Mrs dangote or Mrs adenuga? Is it as often as both men? NO! And in case the woman is as sucessful as the likes of omotola jalade, ngozi iweala their man is as successful as them.

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by brunofarad(m): 11:35pm On Sep 30, 2014
valdes00:
*yawns*... For my money you say?... Am broke... So hit sumwhere else
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Sep 30, 2014
But seriously, ladies as a matter of fact, depending on ur work for money rather than ur guy at a bf/gf level adds more dignity and value to u. Gone are the days when women in most villages are not allowed to sch or work. Not now again

Besides this topic reminds me of when I was earning very little, my girls(2 girls) spend for me and they're unforgettable today. Everyman can't have same opportunity.

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Ethicaliyke(m): 11:37pm On Sep 30, 2014
Yea am open!!!!!!!!!!! cool
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by darlingnuel(m): 11:38pm On Sep 30, 2014
Lily4star: Now everyone knows your bf is broke undecided, why you dey fall em hand for public nah.

You weren't forced into the relationship and you sef know he doesn't ve, as long as you both understand eachother, and you sound like a babe that cares about what friends say about your relationshipn infact you listen to advice from friends a lot, stop comparing jor. Since you say he has a bright future e go better, support him, encourage him and pray for him as well too. Stop bringing your relationship in public for people to ve something to talk about. Now get ready for the rest things others ll say, I trust Nl
Comments Loading... 99%.

This is pure mockery ooo I swear, now Imagine your bf sees this, he ll be like
Awesome analysis.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Mintayo(m): 11:39pm On Sep 30, 2014
obongproff:

Am not a prophet of doom. But I see u breaking up with him by dis time next year. Cos ur already starting d process by dis post above.

Why are u comparing him with odas? Why do u use ur friends and oda ppl as a standard ur boyfriend must attain to?

Its obvious ur unhappy with ur relationship.

Does he hav a dream or a goal dat will improve his financial condition within 5yrs? Does he hav a plan to actualize dat dream? If he does, 5 yrs from now, u wd either regret u left him or be happy u stayed.

U ladies must undastand dat being broke and being poor are not d same. Broke is temporarily not having cash but having d capacity or potential to make a lot of money in d future. Poor is having no cash and lacking d mental capacity or human potential to make more money in d future.

Its ur choice shawink
I love this post,there i wisdom in this post!
The op relationship will not last, for her to be comparing him to someone else is a shame! It is people like her that end up cheating on their spouse later in life.
I love your analysis on being broke and being poor.
the problem of so many ladies today is that they are short-sighted,they only base their life on the present,they don't know that things can change in twinkling of an eye. The fact that someone is broke today doesnt mean he won't be rich tomorrow. Ladies and contentment,na real wah! IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN SOMEONE OR IN HIS FUTURE,STOP WASTING YOUR TIME WITH THAT PERSON,JUST MOVE ON!

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by marcyemi(m): 11:40pm On Sep 30, 2014

Madam take am easy now. No be one place you dey come from.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by livingstoneony(m): 11:41pm On Sep 30, 2014
OlamiB: I Just don't know why broke guys wants to have a girlfriend too, before you start complaning let me quickly tell you am actually dating one shocked

Guys jump into conclusion that girls don't want to date a broke guy simply because he has nothing to offer financially, but this is not true in all cases, a girl that loves you sees you in her future like her husband. She wants the best for you cos she sees you in her future, a girl can date a broke guy but no girl will intentionally marry a broke man.

I love my broke boyfriend because firstly am not dating him for financial reason and 2ndly because I see a bright future in him, but one thing remain, I can't marry him if he continues being broke.

I have stopped condemning girls that doesn't settle for less, there are so many disadvantages of dating a broke guy namely:

*talk about a boring relationship; when your female friends are going places with their rich bf, you are just there lying on his bed staring at each other's faces in his heated room.

*your friends will not respect him; by the time your female friends get to know about his brokeness the respect will just not be there anymore, girls love each other and they want the best for each other.

*he will always disgrace you; yes! This is most annoying, a little amount of money will cause fight between you two, imagine asking your broke boyfriend to at least present himself in a wealthy way to impress your female friends by buying provision or something for them will make him tear you apart.

*he commands too much respect; this is funny, even rich guys that can afford to buy expensive things for their woman doesn't command as much as him, I guess this is done so you won't disregard him.

*he will naturally look stingy to you ; imagine asking your broke boyfriend to help you with #500 when he himself already has a plan for the only #1000 left with him, this is ridiculous because by the time he decides to impress you with 2000# you won't just be feeling him anymore.

This is just a few of what I can remember now, guys should note that their being financially okay brings a kind of hapiness to their girlfriend/fiancé not only because of what they will enjoy from you but because they see their dream being fufilled through you, you live in the best house, drive the best car and all tell me if ur partner won't be proud to show you off.

I love my baby very much but as little as 100# can cause a misunderstanding btw us. God knows the kind of joy that will fill my heart the day he will be financially ok.

'it takes a real woman to date a broke guy and help him fufil his dream'

All this is written from the sadness of my heart.

I guess some guys don't understand me, I am only asking the guys to be rich for their own good not because of a leech girlfriend/fiance. Nigerian men are quick to insult any girl that comes here to talk about money in a relationship. I am not after my Boyfriend's money or anything, his happiness is mine also and I know he will be happy by the time he is financially ok to cater for all his own needs and beyond.

If you become financially successful it is your name that will be known not your wife's name talkless of a girlfriend, that is why I used Dangote and ADenuga as example...how often do you guys hear of Mrs dangote or Mrs adenuga? Is it as often as both men? NO! And in case the woman is as sucessful as the likes of omotola jalade, ngozi iweala their man is as successful as them.
op too is broke...
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by abdulwastecx(m): 11:43pm On Sep 30, 2014
[quote author=prettythicksme][/quote]

I remember when a female friend told me that she needs to dress well to a wedding party, so that she could get a rich nigga with a geep...
I was like, why can't you work harder to buy a geep for yourself because respect women that can afford things.

if you want a nigga that will not Bleep you and dump you, stop expecting him to oay your bills
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Sep 30, 2014

Ur signature na big lie. A proverb says if u've not been challenged or be with a challenged before, u can never learn.

U live, u don't love (u're not deep enough to know real love), consequently u can only learn a little

3 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by ogzille(m): 11:45pm On Sep 30, 2014
You do not love this guy one bit.

You have no respect for him; else you won't come here to wash your man.

I pray he doesn't marry you (if he makes money), as you will take your first marriage misunderstanding to Linda Ikeji.

2 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by ALKARULEZ615(m): 11:45pm On Sep 30, 2014
I'm inluv wid Lily4star
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by ijbeauty(f): 11:47pm On Sep 30, 2014
Op all I see is you trying so hard to impress your friends

Your bf isn't dating you alone but all your female friends, you better not push the guy into something illegal.

Try and have more faith in him and knw that r/ship is only meant for two,
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Abraham2013(m): 11:47pm On Sep 30, 2014
OlamiB:
Who is this one? That ur gf is dating Ɣ☺u for money doesn't mean every girl is like her ok? I have been with my bf for close to 3years now nd I haven't spent his 10k, if the relationship is based on money, I would have left even before the first 3months.
Haba aunty u can lie oh! U haven't spent his 10k in 3yrs, abeg ur bf na meruwa?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 11:48pm On Sep 30, 2014
bosun11: What A Funny Thread....
Nobody forced you into dating this so-called broke guy...u dated him because you liked him to an extent ...or were you dating him out of PITY ??
U could as well date a rich guy, but u know something abt them,.....when they treat you right and it becomes obvious you dated them because of money, they might as well dump you! for another babe.

My candid advice is date a man with Goals And Visions....Money doesn't bring happiness in marriage only if you just dating without the mindset of getting married to the individual.......................
Relationship goes beyond love , money and all...it involves understanding , tolerance , sacrifice and communication.............

My last statement : done date a guy because of his finance ....Be Independent...That is when Men respect ladies only if you dating a BOY !EOD
I am dating a man with a future and ambition. Tnk u
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by ZERKNICHTER(m): 11:48pm On Sep 30, 2014
its hard to find a good girl when ur rich cause of all dem gold diggers so dont start getting rich before u got one
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by yemyemis(m): 11:49pm On Sep 30, 2014
prettythicksme: at least the bleeper should try to take care of the bleeped
like u dnt enjoy the bleeping mtchwwwwww
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 11:49pm On Sep 30, 2014
Enahi: Sorry girlfriend,dating a broke guy is not worth it most times. Am dating one presently,I won't call him broke because he is working. But He is very stingy or I don't know if its because I don't ask him for anything. Am seriously having a rethink.
So you want to quit the relationship because he gives you not money?
Girls and fish brain. Would you be a fool if you go work for your own money as he is working for his.
It's a relatinship and we are free to give out money to our partners when we like.
You don't expect him to share his salary with you when he has got family to take care of?
Would you be less a human if you worked for your own money?
Or you see a relationship as avenue of having wealth?

2 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by bosun11(m): 11:50pm On Sep 30, 2014
OlamiB:
I am dating a man with a future and ambition. Tnk u

you welcome...
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by ogzille(m): 11:50pm On Sep 30, 2014

I hope you do mind a new title - "modern ......"
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by success9(m): 11:50pm On Sep 30, 2014

Olomi lo ma n re!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (28) (Reply)

Pictures: I Later Got Married To One Of These Two Girls / Canadian Lady Excited As She Arrives Nigeria To Meet Her Nigerian Lover / The Chat That Ended A 3-Year-Old Relationship (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.