Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,299 members, 7,819,007 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? (92470 Views)

Dating A Broke Guy (my Experience): Is It Worth It? / 10 Ways Ladies Will Frustrate Your Life If You Are A Broke Guy / 10 Categories Of Nigerian Ladies You Should Not Woo If You Are A Broke Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by stanisbaratheon: 11:50pm On Sep 30, 2014
OlamiB:
I am not. I do most of the spending and also giving him money for this career

wow
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by abdulwastecx(m): 11:51pm On Sep 30, 2014
OlamiB: I guess some GUyS don't understand me, I am only asking the guys to be rich for their own good not because of a leech gf/fiance. Nigerian men are quick to insult any girl that comes here to talk about money in a relationship. I am not after my BF's money or anything, his happiness is mine also and I know he will be happy by the time he is financially ok to cater for all his own needs and beyond.
If Ɣ☺u become financially successful it is your name that will be known not your wife's name talkless of a GF, that is why I used Dangote and ADenuga as example...how often do Ɣ☺u guys hear of Mrs dangote or Mrs adenuga? Is it as often as both men? NO!

why can't you work hard to be rich too?
Brazilian president is a woman
Chilean president is a woman
German chancellor is a woman
japanese former prime minister is a woman.

work to be rich instead of indirectly seaking bleeping partners for money all in the name of relationship
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by xp17(m): 11:52pm On Sep 30, 2014
destante: well I would date a not too buoyant man if he wouldn't get intimidated by me. And yes, a lady needs a lot of patience to date such men.
...and no one pushed the like button to this comment. this shows most people got issues with taste.

20 likes.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by watchindelta(m): 11:52pm On Sep 30, 2014
there are two things in life that we can,t do without, to get them is a problem, to leave them is a bigger problem! Money n woman, they are our bigger problem. Some steal for them, some kill for them. Some do anything to achieve them.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 11:53pm On Sep 30, 2014
glitest:

I never claimed to be from a weathly family....I am just in a position where i can handle my own, and do not have to lean on a man for money.
may the gods bless you.
Say ise.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 11:54pm On Sep 30, 2014
Enahi: Sorry there is nothing like broke lady here,read my comment again. You probably didn't read the part were I wrote that I don't ask him for anything. You broke a** guys need deliverance.

When broke a** guys meet a decent nice girl,you take her for a fool. Yeah she doesn't ask and you even want her to do more for you,hello? You guys are crazy as hell.
Okay it is when she asks for money that the guy can ask her to do more for him?
Now he is paying for your services right.

Wh0re alert!grin

2 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by kenex4ever(m): 11:54pm On Sep 30, 2014
OlamiB:
Ɣ☺u seem to understand me. I am just pouring my heart out to feel light inside of me, posting this about my bf wasn't intentional
By d way, how old are u? u don reach to get boy friend? In fact, come let me pray 4 u
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by bosun11(m): 11:55pm On Sep 30, 2014
i really dislike it when ladies complain of lack of cash from their guy though....

its either your bf is stingy...which is bad
or you are greedy and all you want is MONEY !!!
or d dude is managing his life and still huzzling and u are a PEST
or he has enough cash and claims he loves you but doesn't spend on you...in that case....HE DOESN'T LOVE YOU because love involves sharing and giving

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by awofe20(m): 11:56pm On Sep 30, 2014
striktlymi: Aren't you a broke girlfriend?
i like this question..........
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by abdulwastecx(m): 11:57pm On Sep 30, 2014
Nigeria women believe that p.u.ssy is a higher commodity than p.enis. In reality, men do all the hard work. fucking doesn't start until we get high and fucking stop immediately we get low...

under normal circumstances, women need to pay us for getting them wet

5 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by searay(m): 11:58pm On Sep 30, 2014
prettythicksme: at least the bleeper should try to take care of the bleeped
and vice versa
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by idoncome: 11:59pm On Sep 30, 2014
@op, i hv gone thru ur post more dan thrice. so many contradicting statements.one thing u made clear is 'Money making is only for Guys'.chai! LEECHING dat is d word.My friend once said he will not advice anyone marrying a broke gal or from a broke home,dat is his opinion and it makes sense sometimes going by mentality d op has.WHY THE RICH MARRY THE RICH? Sometimes i dont blame them.WHY SHOULD FINANCIAL SUCCESS BE ONLY FOR GUYS? My Respect to INDEPENDENT LADIES.
note: na my mind i just talk o

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 12:00am On Oct 01, 2014
This thread remind me of M.I and waje song( one naira).rich guys are choping this girls like biscuit,chai!if u see d way those money crying ladies like d op are f..ucking in town.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Abraham2013(m): 12:03am On Oct 01, 2014
OlamiB:
Must Ɣ☺u butress your point by calling me foolish?nd who says I dnt have my own money? I respect my bf a lot and I see him as my husband already
Problem number 2. U r seeing d guy already as ur husband wen he has not proposed. Dem no dey carry unwanted pregnancy tire guys down again o! Dat format don cast. If u carry belle, u born d pikin; life goes on. So my dear, don't see d guy as ur husband wen he has not proposed to u. Na dis kind tin dey make some gals dey stay reach 40yrs dem neva marry.

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by micolaj: 12:04am On Oct 01, 2014
Women fooling men since 419BC
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 12:04am On Oct 01, 2014
RaphaellaDD:

You're so on point. I'm an extremely independent person, even asking my dad for cash when I'm dead broke in school is a problem. I have a lot of acquaintances that think I'm crazy for running a business to fend for myself. All they know how to ask is 'don't you have a boyfriend? Why will you be disturbing yourself? ' Mtcheeew. Because we females were born for the purpose of spending guys' hard earned money.
A good persnality/ideology with beauty.
What a sweet combo. *blushing*
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by afrokid(m): 12:05am On Oct 01, 2014
Nothing to say because...

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 12:06am On Oct 01, 2014
ogzille: You do not love this guy one bit.

You have no respect for him; else you won't come here to wash your man.

I pray he doesn't marry you (if he makes money), as you will take your first marriage misunderstanding to Linda Ikeji.
Says who?
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by RaphaellaDD(f): 12:06am On Oct 01, 2014
Vessi:
A good persnality/ideology with beauty.
What a sweet combo. *blushing*

Blushing ? At your ripe old age? cheesy
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 12:08am On Oct 01, 2014
RaphaellaDD:

Blushing ? At your ripe old age? cheesy
bwahahahaha I still blush when there is cause grin
smiley
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by nikkyshyne(f): 12:09am On Oct 01, 2014
Most of you all are missing the point. The op isn't saying women should depend on men. She is only emphasising on the joy knowing fully well you have a comfortable bf or husband. A friend of mine called off her wedding plans even after introduction just because the guy was lazy and always asking her for money. She was comfortable, but he was a dead broke lazy niggar.

I can relate with what the op is saying. Her boyfriend's happiness is hers. A broke man is definitely not happy. There is joy in seeing your man happy.

So guys, go out and work. Do legal stuffs to make money and stop complaining about women asking you for money. Make the money for your own good.

4 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by BraniacX(m): 12:09am On Oct 01, 2014
valdes00: I no pray mak my babe use mistake b ur friend..... Cos if two of una be fwends, haaa am finished....
bros! Me too oh!
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by destante(f): 12:10am On Oct 01, 2014
kenex4ever:
Am not too buoyant and I won't be intimidate. WILL U DATE ME?
Lol nvm cheesy
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 12:12am On Oct 01, 2014
Sincerely, being broke wont command full respect from a Gurl tho she might love u. She gets sad when she sees her fellow gf's bf doing well. Not that a ni*gga being broke is a crime, it all depends on the effort the dude is subscribing to inorder to break up with brokeness..
Going on with the oppression of Rich Dudes, a Broke dude shouldnt consider himself with a creamy gurl..
We guys shouldnt take it personal, Its a challenge... Manage the ones u can while u are broke and Upgrade when there is bread...
Chicks should also note that dudes aint Social welfare or Insurance companies..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by richard870(m): 12:12am On Oct 01, 2014
Absolute crap!!!....its obvious dis babe na 'olosho'
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Abraham2013(m): 12:13am On Oct 01, 2014
OlamiB:
Stay there. Ɣ☺u will sure tell ur kids Ɣ☺u were busy with NL when ur mates were making money
Plz I hav a question 4 u, how old r u n how old is ur bf? Cos wat u were saying dat u pay almost all his bills, its like u r 10yrs his senior. #Just saying
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by hardbody: 12:13am On Oct 01, 2014
prettythicksme: chaii broke guys they can bleep heaven yet they don't have money to take care of the thing they bleep.I have friend that date them so annoying

Topic makes sense but ur line is silly, i guess u are too. I am comfy but i have dated babes who felt obligated to do things for me materially. It is called mutual respect and appreciation.

U are disgusting

2 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 12:13am On Oct 01, 2014
OlamiB: Why are you people bashing me like this? Ɣ☺u dnt seem to get me, God knows I love him and m not with him because of money. I am not this typical nigerian girl with the mentality that the guy should act as the father.
I just want the best for him. Money is important in a relationship even if the girl isn't demanding for it. I have never for once collected money frm him to buy materialistic thing. I pray for his sucess every morning cos I believe in him and I love him very much. He is nice in his own way.

Girl, dont mind everyone bashing you. Am a guy and I perfectly understand you. Just keep praying for the guy.

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by politicalpastor: 12:14am On Oct 01, 2014
Na the guy born? Don't you have father?
No wonder they end up getting h I v.

*your friends will not respect him; by the time your female friends get to know about his brokeness the respect will just not be there anymore, girls love each other and they want the best for each other.

*he will always disgrace you; yes! This is most annoying, a little amount of money will cause fight between you two, imagine asking your broke boyfriend to at least present himself in a wealthy way to impress your female friends by buying provision or something for them will make him tear you apart.

*he commands too much respect; this is funny, even rich guys that can afford to buy expensive things for their woman doesn't command as much as him, I guess this is done so you won't disregard him.

*he will naturally look stingy to you ; imagine asking your broke boyfriend to help you with #500 when he himself already has a plan for the only #1000 left with him, this is ridiculous because by the time he decides to impress you with 2000# you won't just be feeling him anymore.

This is just a few of what I can remember now, guys should note that their being financially okay brings a kind of hapiness to their girlfriend/fiancé not only because of what they will enjoy from you but because they see their dream being fufilled through you, you live in the best house, drive the best car and all tell me if ur partner won't be proud to show you off.

I love my baby very much but as little as 100# can cause a misunderstanding btw us. God knows the kind of joy that will fill my heart the day he will be financially ok.

'it takes a real woman to date a broke guy and help him fufil his dream'

All this is written from the sadness of my heart.

I guess some guys don't understand me, I am only asking the guys to be rich for their own good not because of a leech girlfriend/fiance. Nigerian men are quick to insult any girl that comes here to talk about money in a relationship. I am not after my Boyfriend's money or anything, his happiness is mine also and I know he will be happy by the time he is financially ok to cater for all his own needs and beyond.

If you become financially successful it is your name that will be known not your wife's name talkless of a girlfriend, that is why I used Dangote and ADenuga as example...how often do you guys hear of Mrs dangote or Mrs adenuga? Is it as often as both men? NO! And in case the woman is as sucessful as the likes of omotola jalade, ngozi iweala their man is as successful as them.
[/quote]
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by RaphaellaDD(f): 12:14am On Oct 01, 2014
Vessi:
bwahahahaha I still blush when there is cause grin
smiley

undecided
How are you doing BTW?
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 12:14am On Oct 01, 2014
Abraham2013:
Problem number 2. U r seeing d guy already as ur husband wen he has not proposed. Dem no dey carry unwanted pregnancy tire guys down again o! Dat format don cast. If u carry belle, u born d pikin; life goes on. So my dear, don't see d guy as ur husband wen he has not proposed to u. Na dis kind tin dey make some gals dey stay reach 40yrs dem neva marry.
Ɣ☺u think I can intentionally get pregnant for a broke guy just to tie him down? How will he take care of a baby when he hrdly takes care of himself? I see him as my husband cos I cnt afford to date a guy for the fun of it, I have been with him for more than 2years now and still counting. We are dating cos we see ourselves getting married. Tnks
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 12:17am On Oct 01, 2014
3sha4lyf: Its he who wears the shoes that knows where it pinches...
if you are a lady and you're of the opinion that you shouldn't mind/depend on ur man's finances, welldone.
I can relate very well with the poster OlamiB. Even if you are a multi-billioniare duchess, there's this satisfaction as a woman if and only if you can boast TO YOUR SELF that at least, the lingerie youre wearing today was given to you by your partner.
So if a man is broke, if thats what it is, is not healthy for a relationship...

I call money a "hygiene factor" (from Herzeberg's motivation theory) in relationships, be it dating or marriage. If money is present, it doesn't mean the relationship wont crash, but if there's no money, that relationship will struggle to survive. Even a broke guy knows he's not happy; hes only hopeful that things will change pretty soon. And if he cant handle the effect of "brokage", several factors can creep in, even being unnecessarily possessive over the (only) girl who can tolerate his weak pockets even if she has hers.

Back in the days, my big uncle told us that its the poor boyfriends that yell at you, ask you questions like "where'r r u coming from"?, "Who's calling you?" "who gave you that money? etc, yet they be the ones to come to your room, open ur fridge and drink those exotic can drinks you stuffed in there, but u bear it all for love.

My dear poster, one deep suggestion is that as long as you see some harness-able potentials in him, let the love you have for him encourage you to support him get there--->the promised land.

For others, please dont bash yet until you've taken the challenge to date a broke guy while you are "hardworking" and "ok". I bet you wont even be able to buy yourself that lovely average wrtistwatch you've always craved when you know your guy hasnt even got a wristwatch. You cant even spend your own money openly near him cos youre just inviting palaver for yourself (Guys you know this very well).

Like i said, please only bash if you have survived, and STILL surviving in a relationship with a broke guy.

tx

You are the only sensible person I have seen on this thread thus far

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (28) (Reply)

Pictures: I Later Got Married To One Of These Two Girls / Canadian Lady Excited As She Arrives Nigeria To Meet Her Nigerian Lover / The Chat That Ended A 3-Year-Old Relationship (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.