Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,470 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? (92462 Views)

Dating A Broke Guy (my Experience): Is It Worth It? / 10 Ways Ladies Will Frustrate Your Life If You Are A Broke Guy / 10 Categories Of Nigerian Ladies You Should Not Woo If You Are A Broke Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 12:18am On Oct 01, 2014
didadavid:

Girl, dont mind everyone bashing you. Am a guy and I perfectly understand you. Just keep praying for the guy.
God bless Ɣ☺u bro, help me tell them.

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 12:19am On Oct 01, 2014
RaphaellaDD:

undecided
How are you doing BTW?
I'm super good and can't wait for the day to break. It's independence day. Happy independence and how are you gonna spend it?
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by valmunich(m): 12:20am On Oct 01, 2014
destante: Lol nvm cheesy
Lol be nice. BTW, why you still awake
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Abraham2013(m): 12:20am On Oct 01, 2014
OlamiB:
Ɣ☺u think I can intentionally get pregnant for a broke guy just to tie him down? How will he take care of a baby when he hrdly takes care of himself? I see him as my husband cos I cnt afford to date a guy for the fun of it, I have been with him for more than 2years now and still counting. We are dating cos we see ourselves getting married. Tnks
My dear assumption is d lowest form of knowledge. I hav seen people date for 8yrs n dey did not end up getting married. Weda u date 4 fun or not is not d issue, d issue is dat u r seeing d guy as ur husband wen he has not proposed to u. Out of d fullest of d heart d mouth speaks, so my dear if d guy has not proposed to u den he does not see u as his wife. Dere no law against engaging u while he is trying to set himself up.

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by RaphaellaDD(f): 12:22am On Oct 01, 2014
Vessi:
I'm super good and can't wait for the day to break. It's independence day. Happy independence and how are you gonna spend it?

Ehhhh, at home. HBU?
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by crisycent: 12:22am On Oct 01, 2014
I wonder when it has become a sin to express your opinion. I admire the OP's courage and my advice to you is that, this your broke bf, by the time he's "financially okay" he will dump you. So be prepared for the worst.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by majalisa(m): 12:23am On Oct 01, 2014
valdes00: What's the similarity btw this type of girls n prostitutes?
.... They all want money after sex....
u r an illogical daft...so daft dat d pix op is trying to paint can't be interpreted by ur imbecilic brain

2 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by moonraker(m): 12:24am On Oct 01, 2014
OlamiB: I Just don't know why broke guys wants to have a girlfriend too, before you start complaning let me quickly tell you am actually dating one shocked

Guys jump into conclusion that girls don't want to date a broke guy simply because he has nothing to offer financially, but this is not true in all cases, a girl that loves you sees you in her future like her husband. She wants the best for you cos she sees you in her future, a girl can date a broke guy but no girl will intentionally marry a broke man.

I love my broke boyfriend because firstly am not dating him for financial reason and 2ndly because I see a bright future in him, but one thing remain, I can't marry him if he continues being broke.

I have stopped condemning girls that doesn't settle for less, there are so many disadvantages of dating a broke guy namely:

*talk about a boring relationship; when your female friends are going places with their rich bf, you are just there lying on his bed staring at each other's faces in his heated room.

*your friends will not respect him; by the time your female friends get to know about his brokeness the respect will just not be there anymore, girls love each other and they want the best for each other.

*he will always disgrace you; yes! This is most annoying, a little amount of money will cause fight between you two, imagine asking your broke boyfriend to at least present himself in a wealthy way to impress your female friends by buying provision or something for them will make him tear you apart.

*he commands too much respect; this is funny, even rich guys that can afford to buy expensive things for their woman doesn't command as much as him, I guess this is done so you won't disregard him.

*he will naturally look stingy to you ; imagine asking your broke boyfriend to help you with #500 when he himself already has a plan for the only #1000 left with him, this is ridiculous because by the time he decides to impress you with 2000# you won't just be feeling him anymore.

This is just a few of what I can remember now, guys should note that their being financially okay brings a kind of hapiness to their girlfriend/fiancé not only because of what they will enjoy from you but because they see their dream being fufilled through you, you live in the best house, drive the best car and all tell me if ur partner won't be proud to show you off.

I love my baby very much but as little as 100# can cause a misunderstanding btw us. God knows the kind of joy that will fill my heart the day he will be financially ok.

'it takes a real woman to date a broke guy and help him fufil his dream'

All this is written from the sadness of my heart.

I guess some guys don't understand me, I am only asking the guys to be rich for their own good not because of a leech girlfriend/fiance. Nigerian men are quick to insult any girl that comes here to talk about money in a relationship. I am not after my Boyfriend's money or anything, his happiness is mine also and I know he will be happy by the time he is financially ok to cater for all his own needs and beyond.

If you become financially successful it is your name that will be known not your wife's name talkless of a girlfriend, that is why I used Dangote and ADenuga as example...how often do you guys hear of Mrs dangote or Mrs adenuga? Is it as often as both men? NO! And in case the woman is as sucessful as the likes of omotola jalade, ngozi iweala their man is as successful as them.

I was trying to understand your point of view until i stumbled on the bolded statement. Bullshit.

I dont think anyone has the obligation to buy people who have absolutely no connection with any thing.

Its bad enough that you complain that he doesnt spend on you, then you want him to spend on your friends?

How old are you btw?

3 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 12:25am On Oct 01, 2014
RaphaellaDD:

Ehhhh, at home. HBU?
At the park with friends and foes. Yeah foes cause I love my enemies grin.

You are specially invited.
Okay, I'll make an invitation card for ya.smiley
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by RaphaellaDD(f): 12:27am On Oct 01, 2014
Vessi:
At the park with friends and foes. Yeah foes cause I love my enemies grin.

You are specially invited.
Okay, I'll make an invitation card for ya.smiley

And what makes you think that I live in the same city as you?
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by richybanky(m): 12:32am On Oct 01, 2014
OlamiB:
I am not saying they should have money because of their gf, but because of themselves. Won't they be happy if they live in expensive area? Ride a good car?
Den we should go and do blood money ni or yahoo yahoo shey? I dont use pple's time to work, I do my tins on my own.. God's time is d best dearie
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 12:33am On Oct 01, 2014
RaphaellaDD:

And what makes you think that I live in the same city as you?
Okay, if tomorrow is late for journeying then I'll make out time to catch fun next time at the park with us. grin
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 12:34am On Oct 01, 2014
OlamiB:
God bless Ɣ☺u bro, help me tell them.

I dont have to tell them, they'll figure it out. You have really tried and I commend you to have stayed with him for this long....
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by LyfeJennings(m): 12:36am On Oct 01, 2014
I know how U feel but if U love him & U see qualities in him. STAND SOLIDLY BY HIM...
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by RaphaellaDD(f): 12:36am On Oct 01, 2014
Vessi:
Okay, if tomorrow is late for journeying then I'll make out time to catch fun next time at the park with us. grin

Tsk, tsk. What are you going to be doing at the park.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by RaphaellaDD(f): 12:36am On Oct 01, 2014
Vessi:

Tsk, tsk. What are you going to be doing at the park?
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by humblesteve(m): 12:37am On Oct 01, 2014
This is one of the best thread. I have seen on nl with the best suitable comments

Wonderful and perfect comments I must say

1million likes
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by moriton(m): 12:38am On Oct 01, 2014
Shit another err made to look like swag...First bald, guys, then short,now broke guys Nairaland wants to make them feel confident. OK I have a friend with a really small dee(no ask me how I take know)..any tips on how to make him feel better.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by dapsy4u2(m): 12:39am On Oct 01, 2014
destante: well I would date a not too buoyant man if he wouldn't get intimidated by me. And yes, a lady needs a lot of patience to date such men.
. Interesting!
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by ProBlack03(m): 12:41am On Oct 01, 2014
Why don't you get him a job? @op

5 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 12:44am On Oct 01, 2014
RaphaellaDD:

Tsk, tsk. What are you going to be doing at the park?
I don't know yet. But there will be enough money to eat anything and ride whatever cause it's fun day. And I'll sure play snooker and ride roller coaster.

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by RaphaellaDD(f): 12:46am On Oct 01, 2014
Vessi:
I don't know yet. But there will be enough money to eat anything and ride whatever cause it's fun day. And I'll sure play snooker and ride roller coaster.

Ohhhh good for you grin
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 12:47am On Oct 01, 2014
RaphaellaDD:

Ohhhh good for you grin
I wish you'll be there grin
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by samesco: 12:50am On Oct 01, 2014
DiamonJ: girls are depending on guy, just a little suport and gift ginger d relationship, like me my guy know what am what, but atleast when coming back from outside even if is groundnut buy for me ooooo, if u don't i'll start losting feeling for u, i'm a romantic person, even if u are getting d money from me atleast use 10 or 5 percent of it to make me feel like a women that i am
now u'v gotten 1 like, is dat enough for u?? Romantic lady
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by tope3x(m): 12:50am On Oct 01, 2014
What is wrong with this one ? Broke bi**tch forming porch here. ...abeg, park well undecided

prettythicksme: I all I know is that they should try combine the too together everything will works out fine.***team say no to broke guys
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Durchmann(m): 12:51am On Oct 01, 2014
that means u re broke.... eyahhh..... SORRYYYYY
valdes00: I no pray mak my babe use mistake b ur friend..... Cos if two of una be fwends, haaa am finished....
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by RaphaellaDD(f): 12:51am On Oct 01, 2014
Vessi:
I wish you'll be there grin

Oh I wish I was too. I'd increase the speed of the roller coaster when you're on it.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Rapture07: 12:53am On Oct 01, 2014
@op I like ur openness and I can't judge u for anything you say hear on this forum. But neva despite little beginnings. No rich b.f just had it like that, every1 was once broke, except those born with a silver spoon. GEJ didn't just become a president overnight, the guy saw hell. So rather than be discouraged, Y not be his backbone and encourage him.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by ELff: 12:57am On Oct 01, 2014
Onyiibazz: And they keep saying that we're objectising women whereas they are the ones objectising themselves. Now an object is something you acquire, pay for it and use it at will for your own satisfaction, you also maintain it. How is an object different from women?
your mother and sisters are women too. your foolishness knows no bounds..
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 1:03am On Oct 01, 2014
[quote author=RaphaellaDD]

Oh I wish I was too. I'd increase the speed of the roller coaster when you're on it. [/quote
Hahaha that's the fun of it, and if you were with me? I'd cling to you as a baby would cling to its mother. tongue
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by udemzyudex(m): 1:04am On Oct 01, 2014
Damn...some Nigerian can turn things around ehn...

I think the op is right,it will be very hard for you to see a girl that is ready to share your #100 with you even though you have a bright future...
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Westlife2013(m): 1:06am On Oct 01, 2014
Lily4star: Now everyone knows your bf is broke undecided, why you dey fall em hand for public nah.

You weren't forced into the relationship and you sef know he doesn't ve, as long as you both understand eachother, and you sound like a babe that cares about what friends say about your relationshipn infact you listen to advice from friends a lot, stop comparing jor. Since you say he has a bright future e go better, support him, encourage him and pray for him as well too. Stop bringing your relationship in public for people to ve something to talk about. Now get ready for the rest things others ll say, I trust Nl
Comments Loading... 99%.

This is pure mockery ooo I swear, now Imagine your bf sees this, he ll be like
Lwtmyri...laugh wan tear my yansh reach intestine

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (28) (Reply)

Pictures: I Later Got Married To One Of These Two Girls / Canadian Lady Excited As She Arrives Nigeria To Meet Her Nigerian Lover / The Chat That Ended A 3-Year-Old Relationship (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.