Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? - Romance (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? (92512 Views)

Dating A Broke Guy (my Experience): Is It Worth It? / 10 Ways Ladies Will Frustrate Your Life If You Are A Broke Guy / 10 Categories Of Nigerian Ladies You Should Not Woo If You Are A Broke Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by nwadiuko1(m): 10:36am On Oct 01, 2014
kepal99: Naija aint easy, d streets aint funny buh seriously U want an angel as a gf U shld be ready to make her look and feel like an angel always. Buh d girls make una still try understand o
on point bro
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by StevePenninho(m): 10:37am On Oct 01, 2014
gede7744: op l like u. u are too factual.

but have u considered d fact that some ladies/women are created to be richer than their husbands/ (or in ur case bf)

if u are born to be richer than ur husband and u refuse to maximize ur potential all because u believed that men are born to be a sole provider u are cheating on urself and u will definitely be miserable

my advice- maximize ur potential. don't wait for any man to complete u. be a complete entity. any other jara is appreciated

shalom
No one was born to be rich. We all ave d same 24 hrs. Work hard for ur money. Don't belive in alredy planned destiny before birth
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by lottoe(m): 10:39am On Oct 01, 2014
This is the major cause of divorce in our society today. All the ladies i have dated never for once demanded anything from me, they werevery supportive, caring and always proud of me, despite the fact i have nothing to offer, today i thank God for them, their encouragement as really lifted me to be successful in life. I will affirmably say it is irresponsible ladies that date or marry a guy because of his money. Guys wise up, go for ladies interested in your potentials not the so called WHORES.

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Ilovenigeria(f): 10:41am On Oct 01, 2014
dablazor: I have a friend, back in the day this brother is f***cking broke, he is really broke, he started dating this new lady around 2011, and things just changed for him, he got a lucrative job, next thing he got a nice ride.. he owe it all to his gf, they got married last year, when he talks about his wife? u would wanna dump ur gf without thinking bout it.
Girls need to know, if he aint all set, u bn set should make him set. he is a man and ur his woman, make him if he aint made, and if u cant do that, then lay single waiting for the seasonal senator to f**ck u and leave u alone every night to be with his own family, nothing good comes easy.
Nice story. I love your story. Remember op is still with her boyfriend of 3yrs and no where in her post did she advice a girl not to date a broke guy. Honestly if you asked that woman her experience of dating that her husband when he was broke she if she is sincere she will tell you that it wasn't easy.
I have dated a broke guy myself and my dear it wasn't easy at all. Imagine taking a walk with your boyfriend and a car pull over in front of you guys to toast you thinking he is your brother. You trying to give your boyfriend help or money he will bluntly refuse because he wanted to be the man, Him being insecure all the time afraid you are going to leave him for a better guy, lying most times to save face, then the most annoying one is his sisters beefing you thinking you are eating their brother's money simple because you look good. Imagine a scenario where a boyfriend broke her babe's phone simply because it was a gift from a friend.

I hate broke PROUD guys.

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Arsenate(m): 10:41am On Oct 01, 2014
Ilovenigeria:
It's not about sense of entitlement its about reality and fact. Go back to my post and this time read very carefully then you will realise I wasn't referring to only boyfriend/girlfriend relationship alone.

Having a broke and LAZY guy as a brother can be frustrating talk more of a boyfriend or husband .
who said anything about lazy here. you aren't looking for a hard working guy; you are all searching for a rich dude. to you broke=lazy. but in reality not all broke guys are lazy.
my main point however is what is your contribution in the relationships you've been in?

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by mavelli(m): 10:42am On Oct 01, 2014
Gooci:

i like this question...........
this is why I said I won't talk to any woman until am financially okay. I hate to be insulted. Gilrs of this days can't put up with you if u ain't financially strong. Believ me, that gilr will leave that boy for another rich guy when he comes. That's our values system here. There is no love in Nigeria without money. Why should a girl put the happines of their friends first before yours? Instead of you to stand up and help your man to get it (money ) all, you are there talking what I don't know. So broke guys don't deserve to be loved right? God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Onyemadonald(m): 10:43am On Oct 01, 2014
Poverty is a disease. NL guys need 2 change their mentality
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by ugwum007(m): 10:44am On Oct 01, 2014
OlamiB:
Who is this one? That ur gf is dating Ɣ☺u for money doesn't mean every girl is like her ok? I have been with my bf for close to 3years now nd I haven't spent his 10k, if the relationship is based on money, I would have left even before the first 3months.

babe, abeg just tell yourself the truth. ..the relationship don tire, u re just looking for an escape route.....mind, dont expect to reap where u didn't sow in the future. ..
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 10:44am On Oct 01, 2014
OlamiB:
Who is this one? That ur gf is dating Ɣ☺u for money doesn't mean every girl is like her ok? I have been with my bf for close to 3years now nd I haven't spent his 10k, if the relationship is based on money, I would have left even before the first 3months.
girl,dont mind these guys. I can understand you. God will provide for you and your bf. Stay with him and u should both work hard.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by ugwum007(m): 10:49am On Oct 01, 2014
Ilovenigeria:
Nice story. I love your story. Remember op is still with her boyfriend of 3yrs and no where in her post did she advice a girl not to date a broke guy. Honestly if you asked that woman her experience of dating that her husband when he was broke she if she is sincere she will tell you that it wasn't easy.
I have dated a broke guy myself and my dear it wasn't easy at all. Imagine taking a walk with your boyfriend and a car pull over in front of you guys to toast you thinking he is your brother. You trying to give your boyfriend help or money he will bluntly refuse because he wanted to be the man, Him being insecure all the time afraid you are going to leave him for a better guy, lying most times to save face, then the most annoying one is his sisters beefing you thinking you are eating their brother's money simple because you look good. Imagine a scenario where a boyfriend broke her babe's phone simply because it was a gift from a friend.

I hate broke PROUD guys.

broke or not broke. ....rich guys can also be very insecured, nature will always take care of itself
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Ilovenigeria(f): 10:50am On Oct 01, 2014
keyzid:
That's bullshit ma'am. When he knew he ain't gonna takup responsibilities, why did he get married to her? BTW, I hate guys like that. cheesy . I'm this type of guy that don't consider spending for your gf a necessary act. She has her parents. Lemme pay her bridal price and get her from her parents. Then, I will start spending on her. Incase she wants a divorce in the long run, I will be justified to get all my wasted money on her back. Shikeynah. grin
Choiii sharp wicked boy!

But are you telling me that all these irresponsible men started it all of a sudden? I have seen men ignore their immediate and extended family
Anyway I am a girl that likes spending on anybody. girlfriends, boyfriends, friends of friends, family infact anybody around me.
If you are my boyfriend and dont wanna spend on me fine but aleast show me you care about me and people around you. At least when we are finally married people won't accuse me chopping your money alone.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Ilovenigeria(f): 10:51am On Oct 01, 2014
ugwum007:

broke or not broke. ....rich guys can also be very insecured, nature will always take care of itself
At least you understand my point.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Ilovenigeria(f): 10:53am On Oct 01, 2014
ugwum007:

babe, abeg just tell yourself the truth. ..the relationship don tire, u re just looking for an escape route.....mind, dont expect to reap where u didn't sow in the future. ..
Three good years and she hasn't tried already?
And who told you she is tired cos I didn't see that anywhere in her post.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Airmaker: 10:54am On Oct 01, 2014
OlamiB:
Tnk u
hmm!
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Tomjazzy2: 10:55am On Oct 01, 2014
over-dependency syndrome is a cankerworm which has regrettebly, continued to eat deep into the fabrics of the female gender.

Whilst I am in no way downplaying the importance of having a financially dependable man in any relationship, any girl/lady/woman in this century who relies squarely on her partner as a potential means to financial cum social empowerment, is to say the least, perpetually improverished.

The OP is undoubtedly a classical example of the pitiable life expectancy of most Nigerian ladies: graduate from any institution, of any course of study, with any grade, get married to a rich/made man, have children, have grand-children, and possibly great-grand children, then die happily.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by ugwum007(m): 10:56am On Oct 01, 2014
Givemejoy: Shut up! why is Kim Kardashian with Kanye West, Beyonce with Jay-z and others..... Women like money, did I say like? Love money., which serves as a security for them.

u re one of the bad grapes in our society today.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Ilovenigeria(f): 10:58am On Oct 01, 2014
Arsenate: who said anything about lazy here. you aren't looking for a hard working guy; you are all searching for a rich dude. to you broke=lazy. but in reality not all broke guys are lazy.
my main point however is what is your contribution in the relationships you've been in?
Normally I would have ignored you but let me just tell you this...IF YOU GUYS THINK THAT LADIES HAVE NOTHING TO OFFER IN A RELATIONSHIP THEN YOU GUYS SHOULD PLEASE STOP GOING AFTER THEM.
That your girlfriend contributed nothing except her pussey does not mean that all girls are same.

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by ugwum007(m): 10:58am On Oct 01, 2014
Ilovenigeria:
Three good years and she hasn't tried already?
And who told you she is tired cos I didn't see that anywhere in her post.

u won't see it.....u all re looking through d same window so will see d same thing
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Angeldemivida: 10:59am On Oct 01, 2014
striktlymi: Aren't you a broke girlfriend?

This made me laugh.
Oldboy you wicked o-o.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Ilovenigeria(f): 11:01am On Oct 01, 2014
Tomjazzy2:

Whilst I am in no way downplaying the importance of having a financially dependable man in any relationship, any girl/lady/woman in this century who relies squarely on her partner as a potential means to financial cum social empowerment, is to say the least, perpetually improverished.

The OP is undoubtedly a classical example of the pitiable life expectancy of most Nigerian ladies: graduate from any institution, of any course of study, with any grade, get married to a rich/made man, have children, have grand-children, and possibly great-grand children, then die happily.
What a wonderful way to life and die happily wowwwww.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by whandeykoal(f): 11:02am On Oct 01, 2014
U are emphasizing dt u luv ur bf n u r not dating him cos of moni buh wah u jxt did shows u dnt luv him n u r seeing his brokeness as an issue whch ur words shows u r nt contented wit a bit...wat angered me most is sayin its sad wn ur bf cnt get ur frnds stuffs,is ur man workin cos of ur frnds...y wuld u tel him 2 gt dm gifts ,dm dy wed?ptchewwww...u had beta strt thinkin of hw to gt urslf good houses n cars in future...
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Ilovenigeria(f): 11:02am On Oct 01, 2014
ugwum007:

u won't see it.....u all re looking through d same window so will see d same thing
I guess you are looking through the door.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Osama10(m): 11:03am On Oct 01, 2014
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by ugwum007(m): 11:03am On Oct 01, 2014
segend:

guy, pity the op na. lol..........imagine her complaining about 500 naira, should she even be dating

the OP is even worst than broke....N500 is ur problem

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by CoachDX: 11:04am On Oct 01, 2014
loswhite: are your friends not enjoying the bleeping? Are your friends taking care of the thing dat does the bleeping? If no, y then do you expect the bleeper to take care of the bleeped grin
This guy is crazy! LOL
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by ugwum007(m): 11:04am On Oct 01, 2014
Ilovenigeria:
I guess you are looking through the door.

lol......something like that
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Angeldemivida: 11:04am On Oct 01, 2014
Tomjazzy2: over-dependency syndrome is a cankerworm which has regrettebly, continued to eat deep into the fabrics of the female gender.

You guys are accusing this poster wrongly
She has a good heart, she only shared her mind. She is still staying with the scarcity of money, she was only wishing that he can improve for his own good too and for them to look good and comfortable. We humans all like good things, the way the Kardashians moved from loving rich black basketballers to rich black musicians right now, the rich footballers may be the next target. lol.
The funny thing about good hearted ladies like these is that they are left with the poor guys while the sharp ones that really love their men rich gets away with the wealthy men. Love is funny sha.

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 11:07am On Oct 01, 2014
Ilovenigeria:
Choiii sharp wicked boy!

But are you telling me that all these irresponsible men started it all of a sudden? I have seen men ignore their immediate and extended family
Anyway I am a girl that likes spending on anybody. girlfriends, boyfriends, friends of friends, family infact anybody around me.
If you are my boyfriend and dont wanna spend on me fine but aleast show me you care about me and people around you. At least when we are finally married people won't accuse me chopping your money alone.
Lol. You're right though. And to be sincere, if a guy is broke, he shouldn't lack caring and being ambitous. Everything must go hand in hand. + Your bf must be lucky on those worlds I bolded. wink
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Ilovenigeria(f): 11:11am On Oct 01, 2014
ugwum007:

Yeah you are right. but only the rich one can ask you " what is that boy even giving to you that I can't offer you?" a broke guy can never ask you that.

The day my broke boyfriend asked me that question both of us ended up laughinggrin grin grin grin grin grin grin He was a great guy by the way.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 11:13am On Oct 01, 2014
OlamiB:
. Y u come dey complain in d 1st place. U just dey contradict ur-self. Send me a PM,lemme spoil u with money,provided u are good on bed.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by ugwum007(m): 11:13am On Oct 01, 2014
segend:

Guy, she is not worth your time, just let her be. Have gone through her posts also, i could only smh.

even without checking out the LovePeddler claiming to be someone's lovely gf, her post is just a mirror of herself......her kind have nothing to contribute to our society. ..d bad grapes
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by ugwum007(m): 11:15am On Oct 01, 2014
Ilovenigeria:
Yeah you are right. but only the rich one can ask you " what is that boy even giving to you that I can't offer you?" a broke guy can never ask you that.

The day my broke boyfriend asked me that question both of us ended up laughinggrin grin grin grin grin grin grin He was a great guy by the way.

this is the only sensible thing u ve wrote today

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (28) (Reply)

When Does A joystick Really Stop Growing / Pictures: I Later Got Married To One Of These Two Girls / Canadian Lady Excited As She Arrives Nigeria To Meet Her Nigerian Lover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.