Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,767 members, 7,817,117 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? - Romance (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? (92455 Views)

Dating A Broke Guy (my Experience): Is It Worth It? / 10 Ways Ladies Will Frustrate Your Life If You Are A Broke Guy / 10 Categories Of Nigerian Ladies You Should Not Woo If You Are A Broke Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by CoachDX: 11:19am On Oct 01, 2014
obongproff:

Am not a prophet of doom. But I see u breaking up with him by dis time next year. Cos ur already starting d process by dis post above.

Why are u comparing him with odas? Why do u use ur friends and oda ppl as a standard ur boyfriend must attain to?

Its obvious ur unhappy with ur relationship.

Does he hav a dream or a goal dat will improve his financial condition within 5yrs? Does he hav a plan to actualize dat dream? If he does, 5 yrs from now, u wd either regret u left him or be happy u stayed.

U ladies must undastand dat being broke and being poor are not d same. Broke is temporarily not having cash but having d capacity or potential to make a lot of money in d future. Poor is having no cash and lacking d mental capacity or human potential to make more money in d future.

ENDorsed!
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by whandeykoal(f): 11:21am On Oct 01, 2014
Enahi: Sorry girlfriend,dating a broke guy is not worth it most times. Am dating one presently,I won't call him broke because he is working. But He is very stingy or I don't know if its because I don't ask him for anything. Am seriously having a rethink.
. Never marry a stingy man my sister
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by gede7744(f): 11:21am On Oct 01, 2014
StevePenninho: No one was born to be rich. We all ave d same 24 hrs. Work hard for ur money. Don't belive in alredy planned destiny before birth

l don't like arguing on any topic. that is my own opinion/believe. u are entitled to urs
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by fscream(m): 11:22am On Oct 01, 2014
It is very impt for all especially ladies to know that there is a very thin line btw ideal love and prostitute;Pay well to service well.
U might just be a wh**e in his profile while u r there praising ur bf for bn a caring guy.
Also, the chase after not-so-many rich men is a rat race. Dont think u r d only one eyeing dat guy with full pocket. u better be ready to break wateva record break-able like husain bolt to stay up there! Many av ran it on me got their legs or somethg broken *trueconfession*
Lastly, any guy u help to overcome his financial drought especially in dis harsh economy will likely not forget u. Even if he cheats on u wen he's ok wit someone like YOU and YoU and yOU looking for rich guy...he'll come back to u coz he sees those YOUs as prostitute, gold diggers or d confused and you are his Angel.
Experience talking

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by CoachDX: 11:22am On Oct 01, 2014
Ddy: mind u,big guys of dis days dnt settle for pple like u.we need independent ladies that will support us is tinz goes wrong cos change is d only constant tin in life.
ENDorsed
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 11:22am On Oct 01, 2014
This is a touchy topic on nairaland, huh

*tea*
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 11:24am On Oct 01, 2014
Lily4star: Now everyone knows your bf is broke undecided, why you dey fall em hand for public nah.

You weren't forced into the relationship and you sef know he doesn't ve, as long as you both understand eachother, and you sound like a babe that cares about what friends say about your relationshipn infact you listen to advice from friends a lot, stop comparing jor. Since you say he has a bright future e go better, support him, encourage him and pray for him as well too. Stop bringing your relationship in public for people to ve something to talk about. Now get ready for the rest things others ll say, I trust Nl
Comments Loading... 99%.

This is pure mockery ooo I swear, now Imagine your bf sees this, he ll be like
. Na very foolish girl now.

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by ugwum007(m): 11:25am On Oct 01, 2014
MissTeaseMe:
Best post on this thread.
Well analyzed and addressed.
How people easily forget that it takes 2 to be in relationship.
Afterall the guy did not kidnap you, so y are u complaining

Looking for the perfect guy when u are not the perfect girl. An HUNGRY GIRL, with a BROKE GUY will always be frustrated.

mixed with bad girlfriends....
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by golddeejay(m): 11:26am On Oct 01, 2014
Ndababa: Well, love is naturally expensive....
who is selling n who is buyin

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by fragillrockzz(m): 11:32am On Oct 01, 2014
prettythicksme: dude take it easy on me are you a broke guyI am talking to broke guys okay
What's your definition of a broke guy? All this fake a** girls on the street with personal interest and no potentials to make money except they get bleeped...
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 11:33am On Oct 01, 2014
Wot more can I say...

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by CoachDX: 11:34am On Oct 01, 2014
OlamiB:
Must Ɣ☺u butress your point by calling me foolish?nd who says I dnt have my own money? I respect my bf a lot and I see him as my husband already
A part of your post says "i can't marry him if he continues being broke."
Do you actually know what you want in that young man?
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Ilovenigeria(f): 11:34am On Oct 01, 2014
MissMeiya: This is a touchy topic on nairaland, huh

*tea*
Oya contribute.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 11:35am On Oct 01, 2014
Ilovenigeria:
Oya contribute.

I did.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 11:35am On Oct 01, 2014
fscream: It is very impt for all especially ladies to know that there is a very thin line btw ideal love and prostitute;Pay well to service well.
U might just be a wh**e in his profile while u r there praising ur bf for bn a caring guy.
Also, the chase after not-so-many rich men is a rat race. Dont think u r d only one eyeing dat guy with full pocket. u better be ready to break wateva record break-able like husain bolt to stay up there! Many av ran it on me got their legs or somethg broken *trueconfession*
Lastly, any guy u help to overcome his financial drought especially in dis harsh economy will likely not forget u. Even if he cheats on u wen he's ok wit someone like YOU and YoU and yOU looking for rich guy...he'll come back to u coz he sees those YOUs as prostitute, gold diggers or d confused and you are his Angel.
Experience talking

Need anyone else say more??
Case closed!
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by tareigns(m): 11:39am On Oct 01, 2014
QuiverBox:

When you say Man are you referring to your Husband or your Boyfriend?

If you are referring to your Boyfriend, then let me ask, what Morally justification do you have to demand for him to take care of you , what ownership do u have over him? Is it a right for him to succumb to you demand? HELL NO. What ever he will do for you should be consider a privilege not a Right.

If you are referring to your Husband , then he as the Man of the House has a responsibility to take care of his Household , you his wife inclusive. Even the Bible says in 1 Timothy 5:8 "any man that does not take care of his Household is worst than an Infidel"

My dear if you mindset has been that of a Guy to take care of his Babe all the time, you have to change that mindset and learn to fend and take care of yourself with or without a man, But if you are Married , please support your Husband in fending for your Household.

Men don't like Liability.
that girl you are trying to prove a point to is just straight out dumb. stop wasting your time
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by CoachDX: 11:41am On Oct 01, 2014
Enahi: Sorry girlfriend,dating a broke guy is not worth it most times. Am dating one presently,I won't call him broke because he is working. But He is very stingy or I don't know if its because I don't ask him for anything. Am seriously having a rethink.
I think you're seriously trying to save your face. How do you know your guy is stingy if you don't ask him for anything?
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by mztubsy(f): 11:41am On Oct 01, 2014
OlamiB:
I am not. I do most of the spending and also giving him money for this career
babes! U rock! I love ur bluntness.its a shame most ppl r not reading in between the lines to see ur intent.its not the brokeness that's the issue,u r just stating the obvious.if u love ur man and youu believe in his dreamsnhis financial status wouldn't be that much of a big deal.like y'all heard she saids she bears the financial burden.if a woman can spend hher money on u and you think u bleeping her. Is the worthor equivalence,u simply stupid.nowadays,sex can be gotten anywhere, I seriously ANYWHERE.so thumbs up to every girl who dates a broke guy and still covers him up,makes evryone belive he's the man and still adores him the same.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Arsenate(m): 11:42am On Oct 01, 2014
Ilovenigeria:
Normally I would have ignored you but let me just tell you this...IF YOU GUYS THINK THAT LADIES HAVE NOTHING TO OFFER IN A RELATIONSHIP THEN YOU GUYS SHOULD PLEASE STOP GOING AFTER THEM.
That your girlfriend contributed nothing except her pussey does not mean that all girls are same.
Lol, no be fight na. was just a simple question.

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by golddeejay(m): 11:43am On Oct 01, 2014
Kennedyiheme: look the dreams most guys is hve is really big, he mite get rich smeday, in america girls dnt realy care abt money, why are africans this dead in tinkin....
poverty...plus they r lazy mentally n physically
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by CoachDX: 11:48am On Oct 01, 2014
QuiverBox:

When you say Man are you referring to your Husband or your Boyfriend?

If you are referring to your Boyfriend, then let me ask, what Morally justification do you have to demand for him to take care of you , what ownership do u have over him? Is it a right for him to succumb to you demand? HELL NO. What ever he will do for you should be consider a privilege not a Right.

If you are referring to your Husband , then he as the Man of the House has a responsibility to take care of his Household , you his wife inclusive. Even the Bible says in 1 Timothy 5:8 "any man that does not take care of his Household is worst than an Infidel"

My dear if you mindset has been that of a Guy to take care of his Babe all the time, you have to change that mindset and learn to fend and take care of yourself with or without a man, But if you are Married , please support your Husband in fending for your Household.

Men don't like Liability.
Autograph please? wink
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by whytepawn1(m): 11:49am On Oct 01, 2014
this is a silly write up. Take a look at your fingers and tell me what you see..
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Fruitful2: 11:53am On Oct 01, 2014
It's disheartening to see the male folks bashing the lady for saying the truth.

Its only an Irresponsible and a lazy man who will see what she is saying as Stupid.

I might not agree with all she said in terms of Compairing and gaining respect from her friends but I do agree with her 100% about been comfortable.

Money plays an Important role in every relationship.

She is not asking you to be dangote but rather be comfortable enough to be able to take of the basic things.

She is a good person that desires the best for her man,home n kids.

Some men are just lazy.Mind you she is a working class lady supporting her man.

Guys go and work so u can atleast provide the basic things for yourself and family.

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by zappyj(m): 11:53am On Oct 01, 2014
Bunch of hungry guys defending their poverty! The rich ones would just be smiling cos they know that OlamiB def has a good heart.

From her lamentations you would know the guy isn't helping matters. Get some money broke ass niggas and stop castigating this chic.

If I knew u personally, I would def love to date ur kind, u av a good heart and you are a selfless person. Love isn't blind again! E get eyes.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by MDelgado(m): 11:57am On Oct 01, 2014
MrIknowAll: If go no go, I go do yahoo yahoo.... Like play like play, after 9 years on NL, I made d 1st comment...

9 years?Why haven't you been commenting?I hope is not what am thinking..
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by MhisIjay(f): 12:01pm On Oct 01, 2014
Niggurs b catching feelings cos dey r all damn broke tongue
#runsoutofthread#
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Tomjazzy2: 12:04pm On Oct 01, 2014
Angeldemivida:

You guys are accusing this poster wrongly
She has a good heart, she only shared her mind. She is still staying with the scarcity of money, she was only wishing that he can improve for his own good too and for them to look good and comfortable. We humans all like good things, the way the Kardashians moved from loving rich black basketballers to rich black musicians right now, the rich footballers may be the next target. lol.
The funny thing about good hearted ladies like these is that they are left with the poor guys while the sharp ones that really love their men rich gets away with the wealthy men. Love is funny sha.
you are missing the point here. where in the post did the OP mention any of her contribution or efforts towards supporting either herself or partner? though she may have been doing so, but to be objective and factual, I can only comment/ base my analysis on the facts she presented by herself.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by 3sha4lyf: 12:04pm On Oct 01, 2014
angelo82:

Whats wrong if you both have and able to share responsibilities like its done in Europe….
guess that was in the 90's. A British former, whinnying at me, told me to tell my friend that, in his own words, "Real men take their girls shopping all the lovely stuffs when they are on vacation"...

Nairalanders pleeeeeeeeeeaaaaassssseeee WAKE UP!!! I put it to you (lmao @ Lawyers terms) that you won't marry a broke guy. Throw back if you're dating one AND YOU ARE COMFORTABLY HAPPY WITH IT. Btw Broke is the far other end of Rich BUT there is "Financially OK" in between oh.

Worse case scenario, If you are a successful lady and you date a broke guy, 3 things are possible when you both go shopping TOGETHER...
1) If you are paying for your shopping, you'll NOT buy what you want and can afford; for ya mind, you'll be saying "I'll come back tomorrow to buy this one, hope it will still be here".
If you shop like you really want to with your money, you'll be seen as a pompous babe, showing off in front of your man, when u know he can't afford it.

2) If he's paying for your shopping, 70% of the things you pick will either be ugly in his eyes (considering the price, etc) or he'll be like "do you really need that?", "We can get that some other time", "I don't eat this", "I'm watching my carbs so we shouldn't buy that", etc

3) it's less likely you'll go shopping together again.

If care is not taken, as a successful lady, you'll stick to online shopping in your private times.

Please be true to yourself, stop bashing OlamiB except you ARE PRESENTLY dating one (not that you can date one oh). It's not impossible but e go hard oooo. Ain't nobody got time for that please. smiley

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by CoachDX: 12:05pm On Oct 01, 2014
Obinoscopy: If I were lady I won't go after guys because of their riches, no. If you do, you'd lose your respect and love from such rich men.

You'd lose the love cos they know you don't love them but their money. You'd lose the respect cos you don't even believe in yourself, you don't see yourself as capable of been independent financially.

I have seen rich men fall heavily to the ground and couldn't rise up again. If you inquire critically, you'd realise that such rich men must have married gold-diggers who was outto chop the money from the onset. Men detest such. They can however marry gold-diggers because of her beauty (to flaunt to the society and to ensure that his kids are beautiful too) but he'll never love and respect her.

What every wise lady should look out for in a guy is one with prospects and aspirations that is in sync with yours. You can be the inspiration to make your husband very rich. I tell you most solemnly, a man who became great courtesy of his wife would forever remain indebted to her and would love her for the rest of his life.

I know of guys who even borrowed to get married but are now very rich. That's courtesy of their wives. When you hear those guys talking about their wives in public, you'd see the love, admiration and gratitude written all over his face.

The adage: "Behind every successful man there's a woman" is now becoming useless because ladies are now lazy and wants to marry an already successful man. This has to stop if we want progress in our society.

I'm not saying our ladies should marry a tout or a beggar. I'm simply saying she should marry a hard working guy with prospects and aspirations regardless of whether he's rich or poor. Together, you guys can change the world smiley.
Obino, you surely have your head on your neck.

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by MDelgado(m): 12:11pm On Oct 01, 2014
OlamiB:
Who is this one? That ur gf is dating Ɣ☺u for money doesn't mean every girl is like her ok? I have been with my bf for close to 3years now nd I haven't spent his 10k, if the relationship is based on money, I would have left even before the first 3months.

If the relationship is not based on money,then your guy is doing his bedroom chores wella..you can't be deprived of both..
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by humblesteve(m): 12:32pm On Oct 01, 2014
chlowi: I remember a thread similar to this years back by another Op, where I made a comment about sticking To a guy who has nothing But a hard worker, And we both work hard to earn and make it!!!

I was bashed by guys in that thread! You wanna Knw? They said I must be ugly for wanting to settle with a broke guy cheesy,

Now in that thread, my comment was my opinion, I did not just accept that the guy who is broke But with potentials deserved true love, I also accepted that i,the lady(that is if am the one in question) would also work hard to earn and support the little she could!!!

Money remains An essential. Ingredient. In any relationship, be it brother and sister or man and woman, and as such both parties wd have to support each other emotionally, financially etc and irrespective of whom it comes from, adds a spice to that relationship.

I have witnessed many situations where a lady sticks to a particular guy tru thin and just when it became thick he dumps her

I have also seen where. A man would go extra miles for his woman and when things become less rosy, the lady in questions cowers ...

that's life, however it comes we make due and The most of it and be better...

I understand the Op( altho not with the part her friends were mentioned)
I must give her credit most women would zoom off bfor it hits a year but she has stayed(bearing in mind all the negative vibes dt cmes with being broke) 3years and as a matter of fact would still stay investing time, money and wisdom (correct me if am wrong OP) common, let's give credit when due ! But. That aside, the whole essence Of the thread was to expose how it feels to be in a relationship with a broke guy!! Which she successfully did in a nutshell.

May God see. You both through!!! Keep praying for you both! And if u feel u can't stick any longer well he ain't your hubby yet!!!

10million likes you have spoken well

God bless you

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by deadie(m): 12:59pm On Oct 01, 2014
@OP, if a rich guy accepts, supports and loves his poor girlfriend/fiancee, why can't the same be applicable to a rich woman? If you are bothered that he doesn't buy things for your girlfriends (which is not his responsibility by the way) the way your friends boyfriends do, why can't you discuss this issue with him and GIVE HIM THE MONEY TO BUY THE THINGS (assuming that he can't afford it)?

I by no standard fit into your classification of a 'broke' guy. But one thing that I will teach my daughter is not to reason like you. And by the way, as long as a guy loves my sister or daughter, I will support the relationship and I will HELP HIM. There is a difference between being broke and being lazy. I am what I am today partly because I work hard, but also because I had a family who supported me. It does not mean that I am in any way better than your 'broke guy'. Given the opportunity that I had, maybe he would have done better than me. And what have you done for him? Have you or your family found him a job or opened a business for him and he flopped? Your type disgust me and you should be ashamed of coming here to bash him.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (28) (Reply)

Pictures: I Later Got Married To One Of These Two Girls / Canadian Lady Excited As She Arrives Nigeria To Meet Her Nigerian Lover / The Chat That Ended A 3-Year-Old Relationship (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.