Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

$9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate (29620 Views)

PDP Senators Walk Out As Senate Confirms Amaechi As Minister (Photos) / NASS Crisis: What Buhari Told APC Reps At The Meeting / Soldiers Stop APC Reps Candidate From Leaving His Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by grafikii: 5:01pm On Sep 23, 2014
Billyonaire: Hahahahahahaha, You have no point to counter. You have gone personal and emotional. See ya Long Piriki grin
cheesy cheesy
Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by philips70(m): 5:02pm On Sep 23, 2014
obailala: ..Seriously?

Are we really okay in this country?

A situation which is about to cause an international row between Nigeria and SA... A situation which makes the entire leadership of Nigeria (and in fact, the entire Nigerian citizens) look like crooks in the international scene... The house of Representatives do not think this is an important matter that should be discussed??

..And even here in Nairaland, a lot of supposedly intelligent ordinary Nigerians do not also see this as an issue that should be discussed but are rather concerned about APC vs PDP drama??

On the contrary, a negligible percentage of people on this forum can be passed as intelligent. Intelligence here is not the amount of grammar you can construct but the ability to reason objectively and debate issues with adequate knowledge of subject matter devoid of ethnic, political and religious sentiments. What magic does it really need to realize we have very bad leaders piloting affairs since independence hence the collapse of all infrastructure and very little percentage of citizens gainfully employed in the midst of all the human and natural resources we are bestowed with?

8 Likes

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by obailala(m): 5:03pm On Sep 23, 2014
GozieDiora:
You see, democracy as we know can never favour everyone. Instead, it tends to conform to the majority principle. Anyone that claims he is an advocate of democracy must accept it in its full nature not just in times when it favours him cause it will never always favour him. It is not just about who is right as regards the proposed debate, APC has exhibited inexcusable disregard for democratic procedures and it goes a long way to give a picture of the type of government they intend to bring on board. You talked about people revolting when decisions are not taken in their favour as if it's an acceptable norm; what would you say if in future, your dear party imposes a law on you regardless of the public stand? Or do you think their decisions will always be in your favour? Why not check their bad tendencies now for your future gain?

On the other hand, it beats my imagination why such a case shouldn't worth thorough debate. I'm not a party oriented person but let's call a spade a spade; in as much as APC played it real bad, I actually agree with their stand in this matter. Our government is becoming more like a gathering of vultures and I'd be fooling myself pledging support for any of the parties. Let's not be fast to forget the old PDP. They are chameleons. APC is not any better. So why would I spend my time spear heading their propaganda online. ..........

I just hope we don't have those paid internet warriors here cause it would be pointless responding to their posts.

Cheers!
Agreed, APC lawmakers may have been unruly in this case but just like every other civil protest, that may just have been the most expedient option to raise an awareness to this issue (instead of engaging in brawls or fisticuffs). Judging from the history of our nation, I can bet my last buck that without such an 'unruly' action, this issue would NEVER be discussed in the house until it is totally forgotten.

Anyway at this time, my concern isn't the legitimacy of the actions of the lawmakers, my real concern as a Nigerian is why there are so many people out there who do not think it is necessary to discuss such a sensitive issue.
Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by anonimi: 5:06pm On Sep 23, 2014
This is a good development for our democracy as the minority party showed its strength on an embarrassing national issue.
Unfortunately such cannot happen in our STATE legislatures as there is almost no other party apart from the ruling party in the state executive arm sad
Let's hope these APC representaTHIEVES will also walk out on their bogus salary compared to the miserable N18,000 minimum wage. That would be the day!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by Rijes: 5:07pm On Sep 23, 2014
Tunjasko: nice one by d APC reps....until we start getting smetinzz ryt....dere are many questions left unanswered abt d jet,d money Nd d arms.....in dizz tym of internet Nd cashless policy....why would our govt prefer to load a jet wt $9.3bn......if Jonathan can't gve us a reasonable explanation Nd punish anyone found guilty in dizz mess....den I would strongly believe dat he z d GCFR of BOKO HARAM
Pls na $9.8m pls not $9.8bn. You have not hear the reason behind the money.
Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by Ikengawo: 5:08pm On Sep 23, 2014
amobii:

I think everyone is an enemy of this government, from boko haram to APC to America to South Africa and many more..... lol.

it sounds funny but it's very true. The issue is this, Nigeria is growing faster than it ever has before and people are nervous. The west sees we're edging out their control of west africa. My evidence is the french mining companies that have been taking Dangote to court for investing in senegal and ending their monopoly. South Africa has lost it's title as africa's '#1 economy' and are very openly bitter about it because that was their #1 selling point. To them loosing that is like Nigeria loosing it's oil. Countries like the UK are very naive and detached from the reality of the globe but it's clear they don't understand islamic militancy and are now even surprised that their own citizens are joining in droves. If you told a Nigerian that muslims in Nigeria sympathize with Al Quaeda, it wouldn't surprise us because we know it's a possibility and understand the nature of the issue. The british don't and it's clear that their 'learner' status is keeping them from understanding the issue and how nigeria is tackling it as well as our constraints.

then there's APC that feels it's only hope is demeaning and degrading Nigeria internationally. Northern govs have even lobbied the US government against their own Nigerian government just because the leader isn't one of them. It's a sad situation but yes this administration has threats from all sides due to our raise in status and the uniqueness of the issues we're face. Sadly, we're also facing them alone.

2 Likes

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by Nobody: 5:10pm On Sep 23, 2014
The voice votes opposed the debate becos they see nothing wrong in the arms trade. Matter closed.

2 Likes

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by stan241(m): 5:13pm On Sep 23, 2014
My first question is was there any valid reason given as to why the majority leaders decided not to vote yes on the issue of the arms deal....it all still reeks of a blatant cover up to me bt for all our sakes in this country I hope im wrong....btw we shouldn't always make everything abt party politics what is wrong is wrong and vice-versa
Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by esoboy875(m): 5:13pm On Sep 23, 2014
Tonniey: I don't even bother 2 read d article, bt all am gonna say is dat pls our lawmakers, don't allow d wish of d americans to come 2 pass.
Wat is d wish of Americans?
Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by Sopino: 5:17pm On Sep 23, 2014
Toktee: You are very pathetic,so want them to be part of currupts gvt plan.
Do you want them help buried the truth,u wnt them to help jonathan in stealing the wealth of the nation.
God punish you!
Toktee! Stealing or not the house is meant to sit over the issue. They are meant to Dialogue as to know the possible next action to apply. Since d party rep walked out did anything change? It is even nonsense for him to do that because things might happen in his absence. Abi na him group them catch with d money? It possible u know
Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by merieam16(f): 5:17pm On Sep 23, 2014
dayosaurus:

How do I Gerrit for z10
I rili can't say buh I guess its d same procedure
Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by Nobody: 5:18pm On Sep 23, 2014
See as these Yoruba pundits are so angry at the mention of their tribe and abusing the Gratieo who said the truth about them. So e dey pain una? If na igbos now, una go get mouth. Afterall, APC is a party which 90% of follower-ship are known to be by yaribas. Truth they say is bitter.

3 Likes

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by merieam16(f): 5:19pm On Sep 23, 2014
purpinkx: lol . I will ... On another topic
grin
Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by eluquenson(m): 5:20pm On Sep 23, 2014
This case is a pure money laundering, there is no arms purchase anywhere, govt just wanna cover up with a cooked stories.

5 Likes

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by size38: 5:22pm On Sep 23, 2014
Usual planed cover up of massive corruption going on under the PDP led federal govt. APC members have done the needful. Don't support corruption. Kill corruption instead.

4 Likes

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by Faitholu(m): 5:25pm On Sep 23, 2014
Controversy: That is how APC will walk out of Nigeria after 2015 elections
honestly, I can't agree with you any less. Let them keep walking out of everything... It only show their level of immaturity. Anyway, does their presence matter in d first place? Shmmmms

1 Like

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by Ayed44: 5:34pm On Sep 23, 2014
chrisbaba1:

[size=14pt]its called a protest. Standing up for the truth. The issue on hand is a big deal, its funny you are reasoning this way, if we are going to grow as a nation we must learn to challenge evil regardless of who is involved, cut the bloody sentiments mahn.[/size]
there is nothing like protest afternoon an election. There was a voice vote on the floor of the house which the APC members participated in and the result of which could have gone either way, but unfortunately it went against APC. What is the essence of participating in voting when u already know that u would not accept the outcome? The other day APC national chairman said that they would form a parallel government in 2015 irrespective of the election results. That is sheer irresponsibility. APC should learn how to accept defeat so that Nigerians can take them serious.

2 Likes

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by datribune: 5:40pm On Sep 23, 2014
Eventually all Nigerians will come to realize dat d so-called largest party in Africa, d PDP, must rank among d most irresponsible political parties anywhere in d world. It is shameful dat d majority PDP will insult Nigerians by sweeping dis odious scandal under d carpet. Come 2015 Nigerians must realize dat they owe it to themselves & to generations unborn to send dis dysfunctional, corrupt, clueless & anti-people party packing. This is a task dat must be done.

4 Likes

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by Mortiano(m): 5:45pm On Sep 23, 2014
what actually are they going to debate...... the military have made stand own, debating the issue is a waste of time.

2 Likes

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by yinkaabeegs: 5:52pm On Sep 23, 2014
APC don dey watch South Africa parliament.. Walking out of parliament/assembly is now the new trend In vogue.. Nice idea and hope they won't change dre minds later after receiving Ghana must go for backyard

1 Like

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by ayukdaboss(m): 6:00pm On Sep 23, 2014
obailala:
What do you know about democracy?

In every democracy, people have a right to protest and the APC lawmakers have simply exercised that right...

At this point, any sensible Nigerian should be asking why a very sensitive issue which is presently tarnishing Nigeria's image internationally should not be debated or discussed by the house. Any sensible Nigerian should be worried that a majority of their representatives have trivialised this issue which is bringing us international embarrassment.
My brother some citizens of this country are big jokers. To think that anybody will be making jest of APC lawmakers instead of quering why a very serious matter like that shouldn't be debated beats me. It's a big shame.

6 Likes

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by datribune: 6:09pm On Sep 23, 2014
Ayed44: there is nothing like protest afternoon an election. There was a voice vote on the floor of the house which the APC members participated in and the result of which could have gone either way, but unfortunately it went against APC. What is the essence of participating in voting when u already know that u would not accept the outcome? The other day APC national chairman said that they would form a parallel government in 2015 irrespective of the election results. That is sheer irresponsibility. APC should learn how to accept defeat so that Nigerians can take them serious.

d action of d APC members was d appropriate action. Any patriot will be left wit no other choice but to protest d despicable efforts of d PDP to use their majority to cover up a potential crime. Without a doubt dis can't be d intentions of d framers of our constitution & it is reprehensible & an abuse of majority power.
Every patriot should feel scandalized by dis abuse & tyranny of majority power.

1 Like

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by ayukdaboss(m): 6:09pm On Sep 23, 2014
mko2005: [s]AYO Oritsejafor,see you below !

''However, we note with dismay the unguarded utterances of some leaders that they will call on their followers to defend themselves.''-Jama’atu Nasril Islam
From the above as stated by the Jama’atu Nasril Islam(JNI)goes further and clearly again to show that it is the game of tit for tat. Let's consider below few quotes from Oritsejafor:

''If you continue to forcefully convert our girls to muslims that means you have declared war on Christianity''
''If you do not stop bombing us and our churches we will be forced to defend ourselves''
''Islamic leaders and cleric please call Boko Haram to order''
''We too, want to have freedom, freedom of religion, freedom to worship as we choose without fear, we want to have justice, based in equality and not driven by discriminatory religious practices. Let me remind us that this is not about economics but about an ideology that has a history of sponsoring genocide across the globe.”-Oritsejafor addressing a US Congress subcommittee concerning terrorist attacks on Christians in Nigeria.

From the above statements uttered by Oritsejafor,i think i can understand how the Jama’atu Nasril Islam( JNI) and other Islamic bodies and leaders would want to continually tie him up completely with the purported failed arms deal or money laundry as it were.
If a man says he has a private Jet under lease with a particular company called Eagle air not minding if he has interest in that company or not and the said Eagle Air company put the Jet up for lease with another company called Green Coast Produce Ltd who in turn hire this Jet to a certain persons for a certain Business, How should it be that it is the owner of the Jet we run to first to ask questions if not for a fact that this Owner is our enemy or once upon a time a pain in our a.s,s. ! The first persons to query in this case are the persons been caught with the said 9.3 million dollars.The second group should be the operators of the Jet(Green Coast Produce ltd) and by extension, Eagle Air would be involved since they are supposed to ask questions if they hear that the company they leased out their Jet to isn't forth coming with positive news concerning their property. As the Owner of the Jet,I get worried when I don't receive any alert from these operators or Eagle Air with which I have residual interest in. The Only reason people generally will not confront the federal government and query them heavily concerning the failed arms deal should be when they have something negative already concerning Oritsejafor who is in my opinion a bizness man the bible has also encouraged, for us not to heavily rely on tithes and offerings of followers. No wonder Apostle Paul says he works with his hand to make a living and not rely on the congregation.‘’We work wearily with our own hands to earn our living.......''1 Corinthians 4:12a.
Oritsejafor should be the last person to be queried concerning this issue and the reasons are numerous: He isn't the operator of the Jet even though he owns it.He isn't the company that leased it from the operators. He isn't even the charterer or among the persons found on the Jet. He is not FG that says the money belongs to them. But he is definitely the first outspoken CAN president and the very first CAN leader to openly declare his interest in supporting a Christian leader (G.E.J)a spiritual son(G.E.J) who supports his ministry and calls him father spiritually speaking.
Some ask questions ranging from why did the government not use a military Jet but a private Jet and I say,if the operation according to government is a ‘covert operation’ you still expect them to go with a military Jet ? Use ur head mates! Why should it be Oritsejafor’s Jet that must be chartered according to El-rufai ? To put things straight, he only owns it but does not have the power to say who charters it or decide the destination and cargo aboard the jet since he does not operate it. Besides, a Jet must be chartered for this 'covert operation' according to FG and fortunately and unfortunately, it was Ayo,s Jet that was Chartered.(who will not want his jet to be chartered?) Besides, it is possible that Ayo must have told all his 'sons in the lord' that his jet is currently up for lease now and in case they have any private bizness they should charter his Jet so as to increase bizness for Eagle Air where he has interest, BECAUSE more bizness to either eagle Air or green coast produce means more money for Oritsejafor who in my opinion is a pastor and a business man !
I just think some catholics ignorantly will be hitting hard at Oritsejafor since he is a Pentecostal pastor and since they equally claim not to be part of CAN not knowing that in the body of Christ if the hand suffers the leg will soon feel the impact because the devil is aiming the head in the long run. I can understand why the muslims should call for Ayo's head. Oritsejafor is a terror to the enemy and you don't expect the enemy to go and sleep while you terrorise his kingdom. They must fight to bring down their enemy.But we still have some Pentecostal Christians who are in APC and are not just happy that AYO is an ARDENT supporter of G.E.J & does not hide it & they say bring him up for a roast! There are some others who just because AYO isn't their pastor not minding that they are also Pentecostals, they say AYO should be stoned.We have the neither here nor there people who doesn't know their left from their right & these ones are generally pastors bashers but only time will position these ones !

IS NIGERIA HEADING THE WAY OF TURKEY? From history, the apostles were first called Christians in Antioch the ancient Syria which is today's Turkey and Christianity lasted there for only 1,023 years before the present percentage of 0.02 percent and Islam about 98 percent. It was the same Turkey Apostle John took Mary the mother of Jesus to after the death of Christ. What do you think lead to the rapid decline of Christianity in Turkey ?

Simple,Osman Ghazi the brain Child of the Ottoman empire capitalized on the disunity amongst christian denominations ! The contemporary Christians are at it again ! We fight denominationally ! We kick against the anglicans becos we are catholics,we kick against the Pentecostals becos we are anglicans,we kick against the baptists becos catholics etc ! These we do some times unknowingly! Some are out there waiting to capitalize on our disunity to send us into OBLIVION !

God help us ! [/s]
The FG has about 10PJets.
Nigeria has Military Planes.
This deal was a shady one no matter how you twist it.

3 Likes

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by limamintruth: 6:12pm On Sep 23, 2014
Jmain:

Evidence of sore losers' grin

hahahaha grin
true talk bro. Thank God i'm neither a pdp nor apc supporter. Walking out was a wrong move by them really. I dont know why apc politicians behave like thugs sometyms; mtschwwww

1 Like

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by usbaba123: 6:13pm On Sep 23, 2014
talktimi: na their trademark, next they will say invisible ink was used to conduct the voice vote and that's why they lost. Mumu people
u r d greatst mumu since voice vote is nw counted as 1man 1vote, I dnt knw y u ppl r blind wt politice dt u can even b honest wt urslf, bt no problem God de
Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by Nobody: 6:15pm On Sep 23, 2014
Does that mean when APC looses the presidential election come 2015 they would walk out on nigeria.
Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 23, 2014
obailala:
Agreed, APC lawmakers may have been unruly in this case but just like every other civil protest, that may just have been the most expedient option to raise an awareness to this issue (instead of engaging in brawls or fisticuffs). Judging from the history of our nation, I can bet my last buck that without such an 'unruly' action, this issue would NEVER be discussed in the house until it is totally forgotten.

Anyway at this time, my concern isn't the legitimacy of the actions of the lawmakers, my real concern as a Nigerian is why there are so many people out there who do not think it is necessary to discuss such a sensitive issue.

Great, excellent. Note taken. I appreciate your concern. But you must also agree with me that when the so called "civil protest" is employed in a despicable manner, it only constitutes a tool fashioned to antagonise democracy thereby becoming a clog in the wheel of success for any country that wishes to embrace the leadership form. I said it and I'm saying it again; in as much I agree with APC's stand, I still believe they played it real bad this time. They're are other ways of projecting their disagreement with the outcome. Walking away in such a gathering simply paints a bad picture of the set of people aspiring to be our leaders. They must have allowed emotions to overtake their sense of reasoning thus casting a shadow of doubt on their ability to maintain an opinion-tolerant government.

In my opinion, let's look beyond political parties and engage objective criticism. The decision not to debate on the case is questionable. APC's reaction to it is deplorable.

Once again, I appreciate your take on the matter.
Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by arresa: 6:22pm On Sep 23, 2014
desgiezd:

I wonder what a tribal bigot like you is doing on an informed public forum like this.

Too many like him are on this informed forum that sometimes it seams this is the most uninformed forum in the world...

1 Like

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by Nobody: 6:24pm On Sep 23, 2014
It was a Fu****g election it would have gone either way. That's why its good to have the majority in the house. This has also happened in the USA where the democrats wanted the pentagon audited and the republicans blocked it. The truth about democracy is you must accept the result or go thru the legal channel to state ur grievances. APC chose neither. ANARCHY PEOPLES CONGRESS.

2 Likes

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:26pm On Sep 23, 2014
Even though majority, through voice vote, suggested that the matter shouldn't be discussed the presiding officer should've used his prerogative to make members disuss the issue.
Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by ayukdaboss(m): 6:30pm On Sep 23, 2014
limamintruth:

hahahaha grin
true talk bro. Thank God i'm neither a pdp nor apc supporter. Walking out was a wrong move by them really. I dont know why apc politicians behave like thugs sometyms; mtschwwww
So APC is your problem? They behave like thugs? A very serious issue like this wasn't important to be discussed as was voted by the majority of the house consisting of PDP Members and you see nothing wrong with that? Please change your first sentence "I'm neither a PDP or APC". You are a PDP...It's a big shame.

1 Like

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by MidaxPhoenix(m): 6:37pm On Sep 23, 2014
Perusing through the comments really shows the level of so-called intelligence and political sagacity of e-warriors on nairaland..

Gone were the days that you get lectured on issues, rather we throw tantrums and jibes.

If the leadership of PDP is not interested in discussing the issue,the power lies with the speaker to call for the only vote that can not be countered, a voice vote and results of a voice vote cannot be recalled or countered.

The APC has the right to walk out thereby reducing the number and quorum not reached. The session is guillotined. And sitting adjourned..

It's so sad that we have decided to wear the garb of ethnicity, party affliation.

An ostrich effect indeed...

How do we explain this to our children?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Speaker Yakubu Dogara Visits Bauchi (photos) / Peter Dauke Shares Meal With Soldiers As He Visits Them In The Frontline. PICS / Aminu Suleiman Supports Northern Youths' Ultimatum To Igbos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.