Stats: 3,194,394 members, 7,954,574 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:01 PM

$9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate (29728 Views)

PDP Senators Walk Out As Senate Confirms Amaechi As Minister (Photos) / NASS Crisis: What Buhari Told APC Reps At The Meeting / Soldiers Stop APC Reps Candidate From Leaving His Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by LeStylo: 4:05pm On Sep 23, 2014
gratiaeo: All Progressives Congress members of the House of Representatives have staged a walkout on the House following a stalled debate on the controversial $9.3m seized last week by the South African Government.

A private jet with three people from Nigeria, including an Israeli, ‎conveyed the money, said to have been intended for the procurement of arms and ammunition to South Africa.

Members bid to debate the motion on Tuesday but it failed after a voice vote called by the presiding Deputy Speaker, Mr. Emeka Ihedioha, went in favour of the majority, who opposed the debate.

APC members immediately began walking out on the House.

More details later…
http://www.punchng.com/news/9-3m-apc-reps-walk-out-during-house-debate/
Another useless reportage that cannot as little as convey the basic essence of what the debate was all about concerning the arms purchase. It would have lent credence to what the walkout was about.
What can we do correctly?
Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by Balkan(m): 4:06pm On Sep 23, 2014
obailala:
What do you know about democracy?

In every democracy, people have a right to protest and the APC lawmakers have simply exercised that right...

At this point, any sensible Nigerian should be asking why a very sensitive issue which is presently tarnishing Nigeria's image internationally should not be debated or discussed by the house. Any sensible Nigerian should be worried that a majority of their representatives have trivialised this issue which is bringing us international embarrassment.
we have more pressing issues to debate. leave the matter as it is. the owners of Nigeria have spoken LONG LIVE EMEKA IHEDIOHA LONG LIVE GEJ LONG LIVE BDP LONG LIVE IGBOS one Nigeria or nothing
Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by nagoma(m): 4:07pm On Sep 23, 2014
philantoxx: it was a comic scene.they left lyk students who had been told lectures won't hold.

So you don't think the topic is important enough to be debated?

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by Nobody: 4:07pm On Sep 23, 2014
gratiaeo: All Progressives Congress members of the House of Representatives have staged a walkout on the House following a stalled debate on the controversial $9.3m seized last week by the South African Government.

A private jet with three people from Nigeria, including an Israeli, ‎conveyed the money, said to have been intended for the procurement of arms and ammunition to South Africa.

Members bid to debate the motion on Tuesday but it failed after a voice vote called by the presiding Deputy Speaker, Mr. Emeka Ihedioha, went in favour of the majority, who opposed the debate.

More details later…
shocked sad angry grin
Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by doja(m): 4:07pm On Sep 23, 2014
There are no valid reasons why this issue shouldn't be debated by the house . We are in serious trouble in this country as the rogues have finally take over every aspect of our Nation.

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by Nobody: 4:09pm On Sep 23, 2014
obailala:

In every democracy, people have a right to protest and the APC lawmakers have simply exercised that right...

At this point, any sensible Nigerian should be asking why a very sensitive issue which is presently tarnishing Nigeria's image internationally should not be debated or discussed by the house. Any sensible Nigerian should be worried that a majority of their representatives have trivialised this issue which is bringing us international embarrassment.
I know a lot about Democracy, far more than your paymasters. That's why I was able to make a better decision to support an elite intelligent party than a mere habitat of Islamists. The issue of arms purchase is sensitive and national security related. The lawmakers know that, so its been shelved for the sake of Nigeria Unity. But you can cry, like your mentor Buhari, or bend and shake hands with symbols of Boko Haram, like Tinubu.

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by seunwen2(m): 4:11pm On Sep 23, 2014
Controversy: That is how APC will walk out of Nigeria after 2015 elections

Dey there dey dream grin
Controversy: That is how APC will walk out of Nigeria after 2015 elections

Dey there dey dream
Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by philantoxx(m): 4:11pm On Sep 23, 2014
OkikiOluwa1: really?
Was it shown on TV?
I miss Nigeria
yea it was shown on AIT
Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by Nobody: 4:12pm On Sep 23, 2014
hilariousdammie:
pls wat should they debate about after we've all known the truth angry
they could debate about how to stop further occurence. And we voted for them to represent us cause all of us can not be in govt, they should represent us at national issue and not their own selfish interest.

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by Nobody: 4:12pm On Sep 23, 2014
hilariousdammie:
Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by tit(f): 4:12pm On Sep 23, 2014
This is a smokecreen by APC to avoid passing the PIB bill!
Shame on APC!

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by obailala(m): 4:13pm On Sep 23, 2014
Billyonaire: I know a lot about Democracy, far more than your paymasters. That's why I was able to make a better decision to support an elite intelligent party than a mere habitat of Islamists. The issue of arms purchase is sensitive and national security. The lawmakers know that, so its been shelved for the sake of Nigeria Unity. But you can cry, like your mentor Buhari, or bend and shake hands with symbols of Boko Haram, like Tinubu.
Oh!.. I had no idea I was even responding to a paid agent. Good luck in your paradise!

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by philantoxx(m): 4:13pm On Sep 23, 2014
nagoma:

So you don't think the topic is important enough to be debated?
actually its worth it.but u know majority is supreme.
Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by philantoxx(m): 4:14pm On Sep 23, 2014
OkikiOluwa1: really?
Was it shown on TV?
I miss Nigeria
yea.it was aired on AIT.
Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by successking: 4:14pm On Sep 23, 2014
PassingShot: Nigeria is finished! So the house deemed it fit not to debate that disgraceful occurrence? We're done for ...

You don't really understand what is going around you, therefore commenting is not a must, just move on with your life.
Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by Nobody: 4:14pm On Sep 23, 2014

More details later…
HMMMMMMMMM THEY ARE GUILTY OF THEIFERY

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by kel4soft: 4:14pm On Sep 23, 2014
hilariousdammie:

What truth?
Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by Sunnybobo3(m): 4:16pm On Sep 23, 2014
talktimi: [b]Shebi there was a vote, so why did they walk out ? [/b]If you don't lobby, you can't have things your way in the legislature so these people should stop dramatizing things unnecessarily.

They are not a democratic organisation.
Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by Gbawe: 4:16pm On Sep 23, 2014
Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by JingoOAU(m): 4:16pm On Sep 23, 2014
It is very pathetic, unacceptable and ludicrous for the leadership of the House to play politics with something of such magnitude. I am very sure were it to be the Speaker, he would use his influence to scale through the debate.

We have been ridiculed abroad, and here in Nigeria, the PDP and it's leadership is ridiculing us the more. Yet, one cretin calling himself Gratiaeo is supporting such a devilish act....i wish we are in the military era where I can shot u and everything associated with u

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by Nobody: 4:17pm On Sep 23, 2014
Amanwulu1: smh seriously @ apc, My neck is even paining me. Thugs in d house, no decorum at all. Smh again.

[size=14pt]its called a protest. Standing up for the truth. The issue on hand is a big deal, its funny you are reasoning this way, if we are going to grow as a nation we must learn to challenge evil regardless of who is involved, cut the bloody sentiments mahn.[/size]

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by Gracious3105(m): 4:18pm On Sep 23, 2014
Since we have had from d FG dat this issue is about our country security it shud not be a public discussion. Pls let us not play police with this; let's stand as one and find d real cause of wot actually happened and find solution to it. since d FG said America are blocking d way to buy weapons legally.
Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by Nobody: 4:19pm On Sep 23, 2014
obailala:

In every democracy, people have a right to protest and the APC lawmakers have simply exercised that right... nu

You see, democracy as we know can never favour everyone. Instead, it tends to conform to the majority principle. Anyone that claims he is an advocate of democracy must accept it in its full nature not just in times when it favours him cause it will never always favour him. It is not just about who is right as regards the proposed debate, APC has exhibited inexcusable disregard for democratic procedures and it goes a long way to give a picture of the type of government they intend to bring on board. You talked about people revolting when decisions are not taken in their favour as if it's an acceptable norm; what would you say if in future, your dear party imposes a law on you regardless of the public stand? Or do you think their decisions will always be in your favour? Why not check their bad tendencies now for your future gain?

On the other hand, it beats my imagination why such a case shouldn't worth thorough debate. I'm not a party oriented person but let's call a spade a spade; in as much as APC played it real bad, I actually agree with their stand in this matter. Our government is becoming more like a gathering of vultures and I'd be fooling myself pledging support for any of the parties. Let's not be fast to forget the old PDP. They are chameleons. APC is not any better. So why would I spend my time spear heading their propaganda online. ..........

I just hope we don't have those paid internet warriors here cause it would be pointless responding to their posts.

Cheers!

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by Exponental(m): 4:20pm On Sep 23, 2014
This is a proof dat money laundery is d basis of d seized money not its proclaimed defence. When will we speak with one voice in ds nation and stand for justice? PDP, stealing since 1999!

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by Nobody: 4:20pm On Sep 23, 2014
I really don't know why any sensible Nigerian will take this inconsequencial apc party seriously. The Army Authority has said its a legal deal and EFCC has backed it up, so I see no reason why they'll want to waste Tax Payers money debating irrelevant issues when the PIB is still there begging for attention.
Emeka Ihedioha and others (PDP, APGA, LP and AC etc) in the house should use their absence and discuss the PIB on time, Pass it to law and give to the President for his approval. No time to waste time. The apc doesn't matter in the scheme of things.

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by Nobody: 4:20pm On Sep 23, 2014
obailala: Oh!.. I had no idea I was even responding to a paid agent. Good luck in your paradise!
You are defeated my friend. Go and change this monika, then come back to Pro-GEJ Camp. Rice and Stew is very Plenty.

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by Dipville(m): 4:21pm On Sep 23, 2014
chiefinalowo:

It shall not be well with you for mentioning Yoruba in that sentence.

APC are losers and they will continue to lose till thy kingdom come.

Amen....shall nva b well wit d dude grin
Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by pendy79: 4:26pm On Sep 23, 2014
we failed as a nation not because we don't know what to do or how to do it. The essence of institutions and establishment is to ensure that things are done correctly and orderly without impunity.

Money was moved out of the treasury without due process, the CBN has not deem it fit to allay fears of not being in charge, flight went out of our airspace contravening NCAA directive and law banning use of private jet for commercial purpose , NCAAA is quiet too they didn't knowhow they went up, arms were supposed to be procured for security agencies, the NSA and DSS denied knowledge of such initially but now are quiet when FG lay claim to the money, a motion of national importance and security was moved, the presiding speaker acting on party and secessionist agenda put it to voice vote for it to be discussed as representatives of the masses who demand clarification and accountability but no the perpetrators who are close confidant of the president must be protected.

Impunity drove Somalia to its present state, drove hosni mubarak out of power in egypt, made saddam hussein and ghaddafi sacrifice their life yet our government is toiling the same path of destruction and invisibility. Nigerians may look docile and foolish but some day soon the cup will get full and we will look back and ask ourselves how we get here.

FG may use all agencies within it control to muzzle out dissidents and opposition to its draconian and repressive acts of lawlessness and also cover up atrocities but then the day of reckoning will beckon and I pray it doesn't consume them all.

Anyone who thinks the yoruba race can be cajoled or made to align with a sinister and inglorious use of power against the North to punish them and seek revenge against events of 1967-1970 occasioned by the ill prepared declaration of biafra is foolish and myopic. Power will rotate somehow and someday and I pray they don't bear witness to the result of their unjustifiable support for a government whose agenda is to divide the country along religious and ethnic line and hence ride on the back of that to perpetuate themselves in power. Just can't imagine the state of the nation if that jet belonged to a northerner or any Member of the opposition. The UN won't have been able to protect such person but here we are with Federal Institutions fighting over themselves to kill the story and return business as usual.

God bless and help Nigeria and rescue it from implosion.

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by amobii: 4:26pm On Sep 23, 2014
Billyonaire: APC walked out because they hate Democracy. If in a voice vote, the majority won, why would a party that calls itself 'Progressive', walk out. This is an indication that APC is walking out of Democracy, I am sure they love Sharia. I hate these barbarians with a passion.

Democracy must defeat j.a.n.j.a.w.eed minority. So mote it be.

so sorry, by the time this government is done you will know, can you just ask yourself a sincere question why do they say 'no' to a serious issue like that, you think you are not affected but it would be clear when the time comes.

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by Gbawe: 4:29pm On Sep 23, 2014
@topic.

Let me get this straight. A highly embarrassing situation has transpired that raises the real possibility that the Nigerian Government is shady, corrupt, highly dubious and a glorified money launderer. This is a situation every sane and upright person will agree must be investigated transparently ,minus any cover-ups, with heads made to roll if wrongdoing is proven. Those with the most power to perform oversight function and check gross abuse of power by the executive arm are our lawmakers.

APC Reps are insisting the matter must be discussed so that the truth is known and answers given to the Nigerian public.
PDP, which is the majority, is insisting on a cover-up which disregards the need to account to the Nigerian people always as obtains worldwide.

Yet some forumers are actually criticising the rightful and responsible conduct of the APC Reps while inanely backing the backward and clearly insincere conduct of the PDP reps? Walahi, Nigerians deserve all the misrule visited upon them by their crooked, irresponsible and callous leaders.

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 23, 2014
amobii:

so sorry, by the time this government is done you will know, can you just ask yourself a sincere question why do they say 'no' to a serious issue like that, you think you are not affected but it would be clear when the time comes.
Stop mourning, this Government will be done in 2019. Wait till then my little friend. For now, you can either become smarter or stay dumb for the next 4 yrs. How can people chose to be unhappy ? Open your eyes and see that GEJ has no road block on his way to 2015. Ask OBJ, Ask Amaechi, Ask Wole Soyinka, Ask Tinubu. Jonathan is water, he has no enemies but you can drown in him, not his fault. Dont mess with the son of a fisherman.

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by obailala(m): 4:32pm On Sep 23, 2014
Billyonaire: You are defeated my friend. Go and change this monika, then come back to Pro-GEJ Camp. Rice and Stew is very Plenty.
grin cheesy lol...
Thanks bro, but the rice and stew I earn honourably is enough to satisfy my hunger... I don't think I need the extras so much for me to compromise my honour and what I believe in..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Appoints Maj-Gen Yusha'u To lead Operation "Zaman Lafiya Dole" / Anxiety At NNPC Ahead Of Buhari’s Massive Shake-up / Yemi Osinbajo Arrives in Sokoto State, Meets With Sultan (Photos)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59