Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

$9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate (29619 Views)

PDP Senators Walk Out As Senate Confirms Amaechi As Minister (Photos) / NASS Crisis: What Buhari Told APC Reps At The Meeting / Soldiers Stop APC Reps Candidate From Leaving His Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by Hamazz1: 6:37pm On Sep 23, 2014
Amanwulu1: smh seriously @ apc, My neck is even paining me. Thugs in d house, no decorum at all. Smh again.
i wonder hw some of u thnk ds issue is an embarassment to every nigerian if d legislature dnt say anythng abt u ll b amng d 1st 2 critisize them.an order to delibrate on d issue was raised for fear d knwn fact dt d PDP LED F.G might be accused of conspiracy d majority pdp voted on a louder voice against delibration whc is unfair to all nigerians seeking justice wht was d opposition suppose to do play alng while injustice holds sway..they hv to clearly show nigerians they r not part of ds grand conspiracy corruptn n architectural cover up.. n as they staged a work out...

2 Likes

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by okoromss(m): 6:38pm On Sep 23, 2014
"The money na for arms simple and short "
Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by Mclick(m): 6:39pm On Sep 23, 2014
Two Nigerians and an Israeli, who are the two Nigeria and who is the Israeli, it seem people have not really observe that the names has deliberately hiding from the public

1 Like

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by Nobody: 6:40pm On Sep 23, 2014
It was a Fucking election it would have gone either way. That's why its good to have the majority in the house. This has also happened in the USA where the democrats wanted the pentagon audited and the republicans blocked it. The truth about democracy is you must accept the result or go thru the legal channel to state ur grievances. APC chose neither. ANARCHY PEOPLES CONGRESS.
Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by Nobody: 6:42pm On Sep 23, 2014
It was a Fu****g election it would have gone either way. That's why its good to have the majority in the house. This has also happened in the USA where the democrats wanted the pentagon audited and the republicans blocked it. The truth about democracy is you must accept the result or go thru the legal channel to state ur grievances. APC chose neither. ANARCHY PEOPLES CONGRESS.
Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by Nobody: 6:43pm On Sep 23, 2014
It was a Fucking election it would have gone either way. That's why its good to have the majority in the house. This has also happened in the USA where the democrats wanted the pentagon audited and the republicans blocked it. The truth about democracy is you must accept the result or go thru the legal channel to state ur grievances. APC chose neither. ANARCHY PEOPLES CONGRESS.
Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by Nobody: 6:45pm On Sep 23, 2014
yayitifury: Just imagining how stupid and deluded you are(author or what r you called?)Such amount of money was seized in another counrty which is at our lost........to justify such action your so caLled government said it's for arms....jst listen to your comment.who will uphold our honour.......

Be careful o! Ignore dt silly guy. He will drag u down to his level and beat u with experience

1 Like

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by miketayo(m): 6:46pm On Sep 23, 2014
Billyonaire: APC walked out because they hate Democracy. If in a voice vote, the majority won, why would a party that calls itself 'Progressive', walk out. This is an indication that APC is walking out of Democracy, I am sure they love Sharia. I hate these barbarians with a passion.

Democracy must defeat j.a.n.j.a.w.eed minority. So mote it be.

why should it be a voice vote in the first place? $9.3M isn't a small money its obvious PDP is hiding something

4 Likes

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by datribune: 6:49pm On Sep 23, 2014
GozieDiora:
You see, democracy as we know can never favour everyone. Instead, it tends to conform to the majority principle. Anyone that claims he is an advocate of democracy must accept it in its full nature not just in times when it favours him cause it will never always favour him. It is not just about who is right as regards the proposed debate, APC has exhibited inexcusable disregard for democratic procedures and it goes a long way to give a picture of the type of government they intend to bring on board. You talked about people revolting when decisions are not taken in their favour as if it's an acceptable norm; what would you say if in future, your dear party imposes a law on you regardless of the public stand? Or do you think their decisions will always be in your favour? Why not check their bad tendencies now for your future gain?

On the other hand, it beats my imagination why such a case shouldn't worth thorough debate. I'm not a party oriented person but let's call a spade a spade; in as much as APC played it real bad, I actually agree with their stand in this matter. Our government is becoming more like a gathering of vultures and I'd be fooling myself pledging support for any of the parties. Let's not be fast to forget the old PDP. They are chameleons. APC is not any better. So why would I spend my time spear heading their propaganda online. ..........

I just hope we don't have those paid internet warriors here cause it would be pointless responding to their posts.

Cheers!

d stand of d APC legislators should be commended. They protested dis shameful attempt to cover up a potential crime. In d circumstance dat is what is expected of true patriots. Don't get it twisted. What has taken place here is not democracy but a bastardization of democracy - tyranny of d majority. It is reprehensible & condemnable dat d PDP will place its own corrupt selfish interests above d interest of d nation. d PDP simply used their majority in a morally bankrupt way as an instrument of cover-up, tyranny, oppression & bastardization of democracy.

6 Likes

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by ndcide(m): 6:53pm On Sep 23, 2014
can this happen in our Alausa legislative house?

unfortunately it can't.

I remember when APC told us that they'll block the passage of the budget some times back. They said that because they felt they had a majority.

Let's be honest these guys are politicians and they'll always play politics game. my point is APC will do the same if they had the opportunity. Its not an APC or PDP thing.

again can this happen in alausa? No

2 Likes

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by HYBREED(m): 7:01pm On Sep 23, 2014
PassingShot: Nigeria is finished! So the house deemed it fit not to debate that disgraceful occurrence? We're done for ...
God bless you. That's it in a nutshell. This country is teetering on the brink. How can they not debate such heinous and internationally disgracing act

2 Likes

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by Ayed44: 7:08pm On Sep 23, 2014
datribune:

d action of d APC members was d appropriate action. Any patriot will be left wit no other choice but to protest d despicable efforts of d PDP to use their majority to cover up a potential crime. Without a doubt dis can't be d intentions of d framers of our constitution & it is reprehensible & an abuse of majority power.
Every patriot should feel scandalized by dis abuse & tyranny of majority power.
the so-called protest should have taken place before d voice vote. The APC members shouldn't have participated in the voice vote in d first place. They should have staged a walk-out before d vote was conducted. This is the same mistake some governors made during the NGF election, when they were trying to walk out after they participated in d voting and lost to Amaechi. U can't participate in an election and walk out because the result does not favor u. APC should grow up and be more responsible.

2 Likes

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by PassingShot(m): 7:15pm On Sep 23, 2014
successking:

You don't really understand what is going around you, therefore commenting is not a must, just move on with your life.

What's this one saying?

1 Like

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by Toktee(m): 7:22pm On Sep 23, 2014
Billyonaire: I know a lot about Democracy, far more than your paymasters. That's why I was able to make a better decision to support an elite intelligent party than a mere habitat of Islamists. The issue of arms purchase is sensitive and national security related. The lawmakers know that, so its been shelved for the sake of Nigeria Unity. But you can cry, like your mentor Buhari, or bend and shake hands with symbols of Boko Haram, like Tinubu.
DAFT ABI DULLARD,YOU ARE PATHETIC WITH A COMENT LIKE THIS,BUT remember that nothing last 4ever.

3 Likes

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by ndcide(m): 7:22pm On Sep 23, 2014
Ayed44: the so-called protest should have taken place before d voice vote. The APC members shouldn't have participated in the voice vote in d first place. They should have staged a walk-out before d vote was conducted. This is the same mistake some governors made during the NGF election, when they were trying to walk out after they participated in d voting and lost to Amaechi. U can't participate in an election and walk out because the result does not favor u. APC should grow up and be more responsible.

GBAM!

this is what the sentimental ones fail to realise.

1 Like

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by arresa: 7:22pm On Sep 23, 2014
GozieDiora:

Great, excellent. Note taken. I appreciate your concern. But you must also agree with me that when the so called "civil protest" is employed in a despicable manner, it only constitutes a tool fashioned to antagonise democracy thereby becoming a clog in the wheel of success for any country that wishes to embrace the leadership form. I said it and I'm saying it again; in as much I agree with APC's stand, I still believe they played it real bad this time. They're are other ways of projecting their disagreement with the outcome. Walking away in such a gathering simply paints a bad picture of the set of people aspiring to be our leaders. They must have allowed emotions to overtake their sense of reasoning thus casting a shadow of doubt on their ability to maintain an opinion-tolerant government.

In my opinion, let's look beyond political parties and engage objective criticism. The decision not to debate on the case is questionable. APC's reaction to it is deplorable.

Once again, I appreciate your take on the matter.

What do you think the APC lawmakers should have done? The majority wasn't interested or in any mood to tackle the issue and they did so with their votes and won.

What else was there to do? Fight them or force them to change their mind? Or just sit there and say thanks and congratulate the majority for dereliction of duty and constitutional obligations?

What's left when the Nigerian lawmakers sworn into office to uphold and protect our laws refused to address lawlessness and our own government breaking the same laws they swore to uphold and protect ?

We all know Nigeria is a lawless and corrupt country and the fact that they call themselves lawmakers doesn't mean they are lawmakers, they are a sad extension of the crooked and corrupt entity called Nigeria.

Crooks in government violates the law and some other crooks in government sweeps it under the rug for them..

2 Likes

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 23, 2014
datribune:

d stand of d APC legislators should be commended. They protested dis shameful attempt to cover up a potential crime. In d circumstance dat is what is expected of true patriots. Don't get it twisted. What has taken place here is not democracy but a bastardization of democracy - tyranny of d majority. It is reprehensible & condemnable dat d PDP will place its own corrupt selfish interests above d interest of d nation. d PDP simply used their majority in a morally bankrupt way as an instrument of cover-up, tyranny, oppression & bastardization of democracy.
I have never been an advocate of PDP leadership. And I also agree that APC's motives could have been pure. But I am strongly of the opinion that the manner in which they pulled it off is irrepressibly egregious. Departing unceremoniously from a socio-political gathering has never been known to be a solution to political conflicts. Their main aim, which I believe was to make it known to the public that the decision did not go down well with them, has been impinged negatively. Acting in such a manner breeds the fear of napoleon leadership amongst the masses. See it this way; if they had gone ahead to commune after the meeting and then publicise afterwards that they wouldn't accept the outcome, would PDP internet warriors have had enough points to propel their argument now? What some of us don't appreciate is that a little mistake on the side of one political party simply waters the ground for the opponent. I repeat, APC might have had a good motive but they pulled it off woefully. Opinionated though.
Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by talktimi(m): 7:28pm On Sep 23, 2014
usbaba123: u r d greatst mumu since voice vote is nw counted as 1man 1vote, I dnt knw y u ppl r blind wt politice dt u can even b honest wt urslf, bt no problem God de
can someone pls tell me what this semi baboon is trying to say ? She's not making any sense
Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by datribune: 7:30pm On Sep 23, 2014
Ayed44: the so-called protest should have taken place before d voice vote. The APC members shouldn't have participated in the voice vote in d first place. They should have staged a walk-out before d vote was conducted. This is the same mistake some governors made during the NGF election, when they were trying to walk out after they participated in d voting and lost to Amaechi. U can't participate in an election and walk out because the result does not favor u. APC should grow up and be more responsible.

Participating in d voice vote was d right thing to do. If they lay any claim to patriotism they can not allow d matter to go without any opposition which is what would hav happened if they did not participate. When however they saw d PDP bastardizing democracy thru a classic case of tyranny of d majority by using their majority as an instument of cover-up, oppression & bastardization of democracy they did what any patriot would do by protesting & showing their discontent to dis disgraceful behaviour. It is unfortunate & sad dat d PDP opted to place their selfish, corrupt interest above dat of d nation.

2 Likes

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by Mbediogu(m): 7:30pm On Sep 23, 2014
[quote author=Gbawe2]

Again mentioning Yorubas needlessly, unfairly and disparingly. Are all Reps now Yoruba alone? The fondness of your ilk for ethnocentric and openly prejudiced behaviour is nauseating. When Yorubas then tell you to mind your own business, since you never have anything good to say about Yorubas and must always portray them negatively,

Why complain? Na who mama first die?
Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by Youngwee(m): 7:32pm On Sep 23, 2014
Tunjasko: nice one by d APC reps....until we start getting smetinzz ryt....dere are many questions left unanswered abt d jet,d money Nd d arms.....in dizz tym of internet Nd cashless policy....why would our govt prefer to load a jet wt $9.3m......if Jonathan can't gve us a reasonable explanation Nd punish anyone found guilty in dizz mess....den I would strongly believe dat he z d GCFR of BOKO HARAM
case close

2 Likes

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by Nobody: 7:36pm On Sep 23, 2014
arresa:

What do you think the APC lawmakers should have done? The majority wasn't interested or in any mood to tackle the issue and they did so with their votes and won.

What else was there to do? Fight them or force them to change their mind? Or just sit there and say thanks and congratulate the majority for dereliction of duty and constitutional obligations?

What's left when the Nigerian lawmakers sworn into office to uphold and protect our laws refused to address lawlessness and our own government breaking the same laws they swore to uphold and protect ?

We all know Nigeria is a lawless and corrupt country and the fact that they call themselves lawmakers doesn't mean they are lawmakers, they are a sad extension of the crooked and corrupt entity called Nigeria.

Crooks in government violates the law and some other crooks in government sweeps it under the rug for them..

So what exactly has been gained from their reaction? Accept it or not, APC's actions watered the ground for their opponents. Walking out cause one does not agree with certain decisions is never acceptable anywhere and if our leaders engage in such, what would they preach to the people? I am not comfortable with PDP but our dear old APC should have done it better. They have only succeeded in giving their opponents a comfortable ground to criticise them. Like I said earlier, if APC had managed their anger, communed and publicised their stand afterwards, PDP flag bearers wouldn't have had a chance to run their mouths tonight. Their mistake must be noted regardless of the circumstances. No party is infallible.

1 Like

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by Lordlexyy: 7:44pm On Sep 23, 2014
@mko2005, thank you sir. That was quite insightful. I was initially among those who climbed at Papa Ayo, but your right up just made me realised my mistake, and i appologise. I think, the burden of oppressors in collaboration with the muslims against the body Christ largely are the catholics(no prejudice pls). It became easier when the baton of leadership as CAN president was taken from them, a position they believe was their sole right. The unnecessary call for Papa's head which is hinged more in politics rather than a protest to find the truth is nauseating. If anyone should be question, it is the gov't and not the man of God who is going about his legitimate business. There's no better time for Christians to come together to unite against their perceived enemies like this trying period. Those who are gloating over the involvement of Papa Ayo cos they are not Pentecostals shows they know very little what Christianity truely entails and are surely doing a great disservice to the body of Christ.

1 Like

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by Nobody: 7:44pm On Sep 23, 2014
Na only APC waka come out with their broom?

1 Like

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by Nobody: 7:51pm On Sep 23, 2014
too bad. I don't know who to feel for, the apc dudes or the members of house of reps who refused to debate it......infact, wetin consign me??
Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by Waspy(m): 8:03pm On Sep 23, 2014
Its funny reading some crazy comments in here. angry angry angry Nigerians are screewed......... seriously. Its annoying seeing pple always choosing Barnabas over Jesus, just in the name of supporting a Political party or tribal affiliations or just showing gross st.upidity online. GEJ is slow and Corrupt, there is no two ways abt this fact angry angry

2 Likes

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by datribune: 8:07pm On Sep 23, 2014
GozieDiora:
I have never been an advocate of PDP leadership. And I also agree that APC's motives could have been pure. But I am strongly of the opinion that the manner in which they pulled it off is irrepressibly egregious. Departing unceremoniously from a socio-political gathering has never been known to be a solution to political conflicts. Their main aim, which I believe was to make it known to the public that the decision did not go down well with them, has been impinged negatively. Acting in such a manner breeds the fear of napoleon leadership amongst the masses. See it this way; if they had gone ahead to commune after the meeting and then publicise afterwards that they wouldn't accept the outcome, would PDP internet warriors have had enough points to propel their argument now? What some of us don't appreciate is that a little mistake on the side of one political party simply waters the ground for the opponent. I repeat, APC might have had a good motive but they pulled it off woefully. Opinionated though.

Don't get me wrong, i know dat ur intentions ar truly patriotic. I however believe dat what the APC legislators did was d right thing to do. It would hav been wrong 4 d APC to continue in d chambers like all is well in d face of d misguided decisions of d majority. I think they rightly gave dis matter d kind of utter discontent that is due by walking out. I think they were right.
As 4 those clueless clowns, d PDP E-warriors, nothing dat their paymasters do, no matter how outrageous is ever wrong. I don't worry about them neither do i care 4 d APC.

1 Like

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by jelel6: 8:32pm On Sep 23, 2014
i dont have to apologise for generalising this statement. Anybody in support of the position of the presiding speaker and the misguided majority is happy with what Boko haram is doing. Period
Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by nellyelitz(m): 8:40pm On Sep 23, 2014
Wow! I like thise. See their yeye pot bellies, i remb when they were claiming majority during the cross carpeting brouhaha. wey them run go...

1 Like

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by ISpiksDaTroof: 8:41pm On Sep 23, 2014
shockwave91: too bad. I don't know who to feel for, the apc dudes or the members of house of reps who refused to debate it......infact, wetin consign me??
Feel for yourself, your family and your loved ones. Because those bombs and guns were coming to kill you, organized by a President that swore to protect you, funded with money that was supposed to be put to building infrastructure to give you a easier life.

Are you still thinking about who to feel for?
Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by drstone1: 8:50pm On Sep 23, 2014
Ikengawo:

it sounds funny but it's very true. The issue is this, Nigeria is growing faster than it ever has before and people are nervous. The west sees we're edging out their control of west africa. My evidence is the french mining companies that have been taking Dangote to court for investing in senegal and ending their monopoly. South Africa has lost it's title as africa's '#1 economy' and are very openly bitter about it because that was their #1 selling point. To them loosing that is like Nigeria loosing it's oil. Countries like the UK are very naive and detached from the reality of the globe but it's clear they don't understand islamic militancy and are now even surprised that their own citizens are joining in droves. If you told a Nigerian that muslims in Nigeria sympathize with Al Quaeda, it wouldn't surprise us because we know it's a possibility and understand the nature of the issue. The british don't and it's clear that their 'learner' status is keeping them from understanding the issue and how nigeria is tackling it as well as our constraints.

then there's APC that feels it's only hope is demeaning and degrading Nigeria internationally. Northern govs have even lobbied the US government against their own Nigerian government just because the leader isn't one of them. It's a sad situation but yes this administration has threats from all sides due to our raise in status and the uniqueness of the issues we're face. Sadly, we're also facing them alone.

And we would be the better for it- when we master solving our problems by ourself. I maintain that one of our greatest draw backs as a nation is this set of elitist and fanatical northern mafia who think that the power to lead this country is their divine right and as such can manipulate their wAy by enlisting strange elements among the Yoruba to further their cause and give it some legitimAcy.....their arrow heads have done all they think can help their cause including the brutal and silent mass murder of people from other parts of the country deemed by them as worthless kaffirs.just because they think they have monopoly of violence in a country of peaceloving pEeps. They shall indeed be cowed and it wil be cleAr to them soonest thAt they are indeed backward and unpitiable underdogs in todays modern world with that type of arrogant n proud mindset.

1 Like

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by fyneguy: 8:51pm On Sep 23, 2014
ILIDEFI: For majority of the house to refuse the debate, it shows that it's not really as indicting on the government as many of us feel. There is obviously a level of sincerity from and by the FG. If it was really money laundering or arms smuggling as many of us believe, majority of the house would have chosen for it to be debated. Mind you that more members of the house are northerners and probably Muslims too.
So for those of us who keep insisting that Oritsejafor is into arms smuggling, and a sponsor of Boko Haram, please have a rethink and stop soiling his name.

Are you a learner?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

God Is Angry With Buhari – Fayose / How Governor Ayade Transformed A Community In 72 Hours / Femi Adesina To Soyinka: Buhari Inherited Terribly Divided Country From Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.