Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,420 members, 7,954,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:38 AM

$9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate (29730 Views)

PDP Senators Walk Out As Senate Confirms Amaechi As Minister (Photos) / NASS Crisis: What Buhari Told APC Reps At The Meeting / Soldiers Stop APC Reps Candidate From Leaving His Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by crown777(m): 9:36am On Sep 24, 2014
Deceive yourself for eternity, FG is buying arms and the lawmakers are not aware? Ok to sponsor BH that PDP created to get sympathy from Nigerians.
Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by amobii: 9:50am On Sep 24, 2014
Billyonaire: Will I rather vote someone with military background, with coup plotting in his Biography ? I rather vote for Jonathan and keep the Oligarchs away from Aso Rock.

I think it's not the leaders that got. problem, I think it's the followers, we are not objective rather we applied sentiment to issues even if we do not benefit from it, well it's your right to vote anyone you like, posterity will judge every one be it leaders or followers.

2 Likes

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by legba1(m): 10:03am On Sep 24, 2014
PassingShot: Nigeria is finished! So the house deemed it fit not to debate that disgraceful occurrence? We're done for ...

Imagine that, it can only happen in naija. And we have some morons here on the platform celebrating the fact the house voice vote favour the matter be swept under the dirty pdp rug while casting aspersions on the persons of those who want a probe....... if this is the way the youths......leaders of tomorrow reason.......then am afraid we are more done for

1 Like

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by scantee(m): 10:12am On Sep 24, 2014
good job PDP show them how politics is played, while they played their own in media we play ours.........ur guess is good as mine.
Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by mko2005: 10:57am On Sep 24, 2014
enigmaotr:
I want to ask you, is it legal to use a private jet for business purposes in Nigeria? And again, what is the percentage of Christians in ancient Turkey as against pagans? Do you even know that Turkey is a secular state as we speak? Why is it a coincidence that Ayo's jet was the one used? What would be your reaction if Sultan's jet was used for such purpose?
Please answer! And remember, I'm also a Christian- a non-catholic
If a private Jet is under lease with a commercial company like Green Coast produce ltd,what do you make of it ? Does it not tell you that the process of using the private Jet must have been met by the company before doing so as per their claim below:
“A Bombardier Challenger 600 aircraft Registration No N808HG was leased to us, Green Coast Produce Company Limited, on the 2nd of August 2014. We have since that time been running and managing charter services with the aircraft in accordance and compliance with global best practices. On the 5th of September 2014 the aircraft was hired from us by a John Ishyaku. The charter to John Ishyaku was upon the following documented terms:
*Depart Abuja-Johannesburg on the 5th of September 2014;
*Return to Abuja on the 6th of September 2014;
*To wait and return with the passengers.
“The said terms are normative within the industry.
“As with every other aircraft charter company, our knowledge of the cargo carried on the aircraft was in accordance with the information provided by ABC Limited. All cargo were accompanied by passengers who could readily defend the contents. We are not and can not be privy to any alleged extraneous cargo transported on the aircraft other than that declared in the agreed terms of hire. We are not liable and cannot be construed as a party to any alleged infractions, either in Nigeria or South Africa as the case may be, after the hire of the aircraft.''-Green Coast Produce ltd.
Asking if it is legal to use a private Jet for commercial purpose is like asking if it is normal/legal to register my private toyota sienna car with God is Good motors to run Lagos Onitsha for me ! If the commercial company Green Coast Produce is registered then there is no crime in using a private Jet for commercial purpose !
Turkey is a secular state as we speak with currently 98 percent muslims and 0.02 percent Christians and we say there are stuffs responsible for the drastic decline of Christians in Turkey considering the fact that the seven Churches mentioned (Ephesus,Smyrna,Philadelphia,laodecea etc) mentioned in Revelation 2 and 3.
Concerning why it was Orit's Jet that was used,I said earlier that according to FG,this is a 'covert operation' and it is a private Jet that MUST be used and not a military Jet.Fortunately and unfortunately it was the company Green coast produced that operates Oritsejafor's Jet that was contacted and it was Orit's Jet that was presented to the charterers probably because that is the BEST Jet among their FLEET or it could be the exact one that was demanded by the charterers.But let's also not rule out the possibility that Oritsejafor has told his 'sons' those at the coridor of power that his Jet is currently running on lease and that when ever they have need for use of private Jet that they should contact Green coast produce since more bizness for Green coast produce means more money for Ayo since his Jet might be charted. If you own a property that is up for rent or lease,should you not market when necessary ? It is possible that Ayo's influence gave green Coast produce this very transaction that turned controversial.
If it was sultan's Jet that was used and I don't have anything against sultan,i will think this same way but if I have something against the sultan,I will definitely think the way most of you think presently concerning Ayo Oritsejafor.
Let's think straight without sentiment until proven otherwise !

God help us
Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by mko2005: 11:01am On Sep 24, 2014
crown777: Deceive yourself for eternity, FG is buying arms and the lawmakers are not aware? Ok to sponsor BH that PDP created to get sympathy from Nigerians.
FG says it's a 'covert operation'how do you expect the lawmaker to be aware ? Make them come use am play politics abi ? If we are aware then it's no longer covert but overt that should be legal and not illegal ! Covert operations like this one are usually illegal and there is nothing wrong with it if it's urgent and necessary !

God help us
Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by ALISMILE(m): 12:11pm On Sep 24, 2014
PassingShot: Nigeria is finished! So the house deemed it fit not to debate that disgraceful occurrence? We're done for ...
My broda the country is finished! There is absolutely nothin to luv again in this country!

2 Likes

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by Nobody: 3:44pm On Sep 24, 2014
mko2005:
Asking if it is legal to use a private Jet for commercial purpose is like asking if it is normal/legal to register my private toyota sienna car with God is Good motors to run Lagos Onitsha for me ! If the commercial company Green Coast Produce is registered then there is no crime in using a private Jet for commercial purpose !
Turkey is a secular state as we speak with currently 98 percent muslims and 0.02 percent Christians and we say there are stuffs responsible for the drastic decline of Christians in Turkey considering the fact that the seven Churches mentioned (Ephesus,Smyrna,Philadelphia,laodecea etc) mentioned in Revelation 2 and 3.
Concerning why it was Orit's Jet that was used,I said earlier that according to FG,this is a 'covert operation' and it is a private Jet that MUST be used and not a military Jet.Fortunately and unfortunately it was the company Green coast produced that operates Oritsejafor's Jet that was contacted and it was Orit's Jet that was presented to the charterers probably because that is the BEST Jet among their FLEET or it could be the exact one that was demanded by the charterers.But let's also not rule out the possibility that Oritsejafor has told his 'sons' those at the coridor of power that his Jet is currently running on lease and that when ever they have need for use of private Jet that they should contact Green coast produce since more bizness for Green coast produce means more money for Ayo since his Jet might be charted. If you own a property that is up for rent or lease,should you not market when necessary ? It is possible that Ayo's influence gave green Coast produce this very transaction that turned controversial.
If it was sultan's Jet that was used and I don't have anything against sultan,i will think this same way but if I have something against the sultan,I will definitely think the way most of you think presently concerning Ayo Oritsejafor.
Let's think straight without sentiment until proven otherwise !

God help us
"For private aircraft owned or leased by individuals, only the family members of the owner / lessee of the aircraft will be permitted on board as passengers. For private aircraft owned or leased by companies or corporate entities only the employees and members of the Board of Directors of the company will be permitted on board as passengers.
For aircraft belonging to non-scheduled or scheduled operators, only the employees and members of the Board of Directors of the company or the corporation may be permitted on board as passengers.
“All operators will declare the identities of all passengers on non- revenue charter flights in the appropriate General Declaration Forms prior to obtaining ATC clearance.
Nigerian carriers operating international non-scheduled flights will comply with the following: a) “For private aircraft owned or leased by individuals, only the family members of the owner / lessee of the aircraft will be permitted on board as passengers. b) For private aircraft owned or leased by companies or corporate entities only the employees and members of the Board of Directors of the
Company will be permitted on board as passengers. c) For aircraft belonging to non-scheduled or scheduled operators, only the employees and members of the Board of Directors of the company or the corporation may be permitted on board as passengers. d) All operators will declare the identities of all passengers on non-revenue charter flights in the appropriate General Declaration Forms prior to obtaining ATC clearance.”-Civil Avaition Policy!
Worldwide, persons intending to conduct only private operations with their private jets must be wary of any condition that might result in revenue generating operations. This is not the case here in Nigeria where some private jet owners, without due certification for commercial operations, surreptitiously lease their equipment to ’friends’ for profits without actually declaring so.”
The ministry said that the new aviation policy was "geared toward restoring sanity in the sector and bringing operations of both scheduled and non-scheduled flight operations to international standard and best practice. This government will not be distracted from this. Insinuations that the policy is undemocratic, draconian and impracticable are untrue and reductionist.”- Ministry of Avaition(2013)
I didn't write the above myself.
Even if you are to convert your private car for commercial purpose, you have to change your plate number. Illegality is illegality! No more, no less.

As for the Turkey issue, The names of the seven churches of Revelation are symbolic names and represent the church down through the ages from the beginning of the New Testament church, right to the end at the second coming of Christ Jesus, and reveals the condition of the church at different periods in history.
Even if we are to take it literally, Christians then, are in the minority! Even If Jesus was to send a letter to the churches of this world today, I think He would say the same thing to them ... "You have churches full of people who say they are Christians, but are the synagogue of Satan".
Do you know that the Roman rulers are the ones who killed christianity in those places centuries before the Ottoman empire? They believed that the church had grown to such dimensions of strength and popularity in the empire that unless Christianity should be promptly stamped out, the traditional Roman way of life would cease to exist and the empire itself would disintegrate. At the very time John wrote these words, Christians were suffering persecution for refusing to worship the emperor Domitian (A.D. 81-96), who insisted on being worshiped as "lord and god." Pergamum was also the religious capital of Asia Minor. It was a center of Hellenistic thought and emperor worship, and had many pagan temples. Its designation as the place "where Satan's seat is" was very appropriate indeed. So you see, you can't persecute people in the majority.
Note that Jesus rebuked all but one of these churches, accusing them of backsliding, lukewarmness and paganism! He gave them warnings, and promise those that are steadfast till the end. If Ottoman Jihadist can forcefully convert all of them, I personally think they are not worthy of the promises. But you see, amidst persecution we still have christians there! As for Nigeria been Islamised, I know it's impossible! Even so, there will be worldwide persecution of God's people, to the extent that if the days are not shortened, even the elects will give in. The Bible says so, so don't shy away from tribulation.
A good christian should remain steadfast in keeping God's commandments, and not contribute in dealing in weapons of mass destruction!
Whichever way you want to argue this, the CAN president is culpable.
Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by arresa: 4:11pm On Sep 24, 2014
mko2005:
FG says it's a 'covert operation'how do you expect the lawmaker to be aware ? Make them come use am play politics abi ? If we are aware then it's no longer covert but overt that should be legal and not illegal ! Covert operations like this one are usually illegal and there is nothing wrong with it if it's urgent and necessary !

God help us

Though the covert thing is silly, but that's a different story.

Now, covert doesn't permit you to violate your own laws, SA's law and international laws.

Covert doesn't mean you have to seek weapons from an illegal weapons supplier with no weapons sales permit in SA.

Sending a private jet and a foreigner with $10 million cash to be exposed openly at the Airport in SA by their officials wasn't covert, it was amateurish, dumb and stupid.

The fact that the whole thing was exposed openly like and cheaply like a common smuggling scam means it wasn't covert and if this is what your country call covert, then we are all in trouble because this is nothing but their usual lazy thinking and incompetence.

1 Like

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by abdulwastecx(m): 5:32pm On Sep 24, 2014
talktimi: na their trademark, next they will say invisible ink was used to conduct the voice vote and that's why they lost. Mumu people

brainless niggroid... some bling bling pastor smuggling into Nigeria and the best the so called criminal ( house of reps) can say is " matter of national security"
Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by talktimi(m): 5:37pm On Sep 24, 2014
abdulwastecx:

brainless niggroid... some bling bling pastor smuggling into Nigeria and the best the so called criminal ( house of reps) can say is " matter of national security"
so a wasted cow is trying to speak English ? Good for you but next time, try making sense. Sho gbo ?
Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by abdulwastecx(m): 5:41pm On Sep 24, 2014
talktimi: so a wasted cow is trying to speak English ? Good for you but next time, try making sense. Sho gbo ?

a primate like you calling some one wasted cow... how ridiculous does it sound?...
Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by vally123(m): 5:41pm On Sep 24, 2014
U min dy walked out of d house proceedings because of what? Dy shud resign from d house den 2 proof dat dy don't want 2 be part of corruption or GO N DIE
Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by SkySpirit(m): 9:30pm On Sep 24, 2014
I think the law makers are right not to debate the issue, any aggrieved person or group can go to court. If such issues are allowed in the house, then they would be usurping the powers of the court.
Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by Vires: 9:52pm On Sep 24, 2014
arresa:

Though the covert thing is silly, but that's a different story.

Now, covert doesn't permit you to violate your own laws, SA's law and international laws.

Covert doesn't mean you have to seek weapons from an illegal weapons supplier with no weapons sales permit in SA.

Sending a private jet and a foreigner with $10 million cash to be exposed openly at the Airport in SA by their officials wasn't covert, it was amateurish, dumb and stupid.

The fact that the whole thing was exposed openly like and cheaply like a common smuggling scam means it wasn't covert and if this is what your country call covert, then we are all in trouble because this is nothing but their usual lazy thinking and incompetence.

a billion likes for you smiley
Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by gaph38: 10:42am On Sep 25, 2014
It amazes me how some people think. We should all know that what we do today will ultimately bring grace or disgrace to upcoming generations. A matter of international disgrace is being politicized. Na Wa o. Nigeria/Nigerians are becoming a laughing stock because of our greed and inability to think deep over any issue. It is no more a matter of what happened but who did what? Followership is the major challenge of this Country, not even leadership. May God help us all, help yourself too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Riot In Yola! / Gbajabiamila Replies Tambuwal, Says, “i’ve Moved On” / If Anything Happens To Buhari, North Will Insist On Two Terms In 2019 – Junaid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.