Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,375 members, 7,954,519 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:56 PM

$9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate (29727 Views)

PDP Senators Walk Out As Senate Confirms Amaechi As Minister (Photos) / NASS Crisis: What Buhari Told APC Reps At The Meeting / Soldiers Stop APC Reps Candidate From Leaving His Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by chamboy(m): 4:34pm On Sep 23, 2014
Still no Tangible Explanation from Pre-GEj, Pro-PdP to defend their masters

2 Likes

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by Baawaa(m): 4:38pm On Sep 23, 2014
PassingShot: Nigeria is finished! So the house deemed it fit not to debate that disgraceful occurrence? We're done for ...
This is Nigeria for me and you!!

1 Like

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by yayitifury: 4:38pm On Sep 23, 2014
Just imagining how stupid and deluded you are(author or what r you called?)Such amount of money was seized in another counrty which is at our lost........to justify such action your so caLled government said it's for arms....jst listen to your comment.who will uphold our honour.......
Billyonaire: APC walked out because they hate Democracy. If in a voice vote, the majority won, why would a party that calls itself 'Progressive', walk out. This is an indication that APC is walking out of Democracy, I am sure they love Sharia. I hate these barbarians with a passion.

Democracy must defeat j.a.n.j.a.w.eed minority. So mote it be.

1 Like

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by Nobody: 4:39pm On Sep 23, 2014
obailala: grin cheesy lol...
Thanks bro, but the rice and stew I earn honourably is enough to satisfy my hunger... I don't think I need the extras so much for me to compromise my honour and what I believe in..
You are speaking in French my friend. Those APC nematodes that walked out of the Chambers can not define honesty. If they cared about honesty, they would have known that Democracy is a game of numbers. Spare me una mumbo jumbo. Na only you waka come ?

3 Likes

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by tdayof(m): 4:40pm On Sep 23, 2014
Gbawe2:

Again mentioning Yorubas needlessly, unfairly and disparingly. Are all Reps now Yoruba alone? The fondness of your ilk for ethnocentric and openly prejudiced behaviour is nauseating. When Yorubas then tell you to mind your own business, since you never have anything good to say about Yorubas and must always portray them negatively, you will begin playing victim. Bigot.
nice reply
d guy is confused!!
gbam.
Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by babybos(m): 4:40pm On Sep 23, 2014
[quote author=gratiaeo]All Progressives Congress members of the House of Representatives have staged a walkout on the House following a stalled debate on the controversial $9.3m seized last week by the South African Government.

A private jet with three people from Nigeria, including an Israeli, ‎conveyed the money, said to have been intended for the procurement of arms and ammunition to South Africa.

Members bid to debate the motion on Tuesday but it failed after a voice vote called by the presiding Deputy Speaker, Mr. Emeka Ihedioha, went in favour of the majority, who opposed the debate.

APC members immediately began walking out on the House.

THIS WAS NOT THE FIRST TIME THEY WILL WALKED OUT NEITHER WILL IT BE THE LAST TIME. THEY STILL HAVE MANY WALK OUT TO DO. BAD REPRESENTATIVES

1 Like

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by kel4soft: 4:41pm On Sep 23, 2014
Balkan: we have more pressing issues to debate. leave the matter as it is. the owners of Nigeria have spoken LONG LIVE EMEKA IHEDIOHA LONG LIVE GEJ LONG LIVE BDP LONG LIVE IGBOS one Nigeria or nothing

Any Government In Power (AGIP) as usual. What other pressing issues are they supposed to debate?

4 Likes

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by amolex(m): 4:41pm On Sep 23, 2014
na dem sabi jare, even when d money dey naija how much enter my pocket..

2 Likes

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 23, 2014
yayitifury: Just imagining how stupid and deluded you are(author or what r you called?)Such amount of money was seized in another counrty which is at our lost........to justify such action your so caLled government said it's for arms....jst listen to your comment.who will uphold our honour.......
Go ahead and empty your jar of insults, j.a.n.j.a.w.e.e.d. That's what you are good at. I hope you have BP monitor and vasoprine, because we at Pro-GEJ are about to show you nematodes how politics is played and won.

3 Likes

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by kel4soft: 4:43pm On Sep 23, 2014
tit: This is a smokecreen by APC to avoid passing the PIB bill!
Shame on APC!

Shut up you self-servicer!!!

PDP can pass the PIB since they have the numerical strength.

3 Likes

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by Nobody: 4:44pm On Sep 23, 2014
PassingShot: Nigeria is finished! So the house deemed it fit not to debate that disgraceful occurrence? We're done for ...

Lemme help u finish ur statement. ...for worst
Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by Nobody: 4:46pm On Sep 23, 2014
mko2005: AYO Oritsejafor,see you below !

''However, we note with dismay the unguarded utterances of some leaders that they will call on their followers to defend themselves.''-Jama’atu Nasril Islam
From the above as stated by the Jama’atu Nasril Islam(JNI)goes further and clearly again to show that it is the game of tit for tat. Let's consider below few quotes from Oritsejafor:

''If you continue to forcefully convert our girls to muslims that means you have declared war on Christianity''
''If you do not stop bombing us and our churches we will be forced to defend ourselves''
''Islamic leaders and cleric please call Boko Haram to order''
''We too, want to have freedom, freedom of religion, freedom to worship as we choose without fear, we want to have justice, based in equality and not driven by discriminatory religious practices. Let me remind us that this is not about economics but about an ideology that has a history of sponsoring genocide across the globe.”-Oritsejafor addressing a US Congress subcommittee concerning terrorist attacks on Christians in Nigeria.

From the above statements uttered by Oritsejafor,i think i can understand how the Jama’atu Nasril Islam( JNI) and other Islamic bodies and leaders would want to continually tie him up completely with the purported failed arms deal or money laundry as it were.
If a man says he has a private Jet under lease with a particular company called Eagle air not minding if he has interest in that company or not and the said Eagle Air company put the Jet up for lease with another company called Green Coast Produce Ltd who in turn hire this Jet to a certain persons for a certain Business, How should it be that it is the owner of the Jet we run to first to ask questions if not for a fact that this Owner is our enemy or once upon a time a pain in our a.s,s. ! The first persons to query in this case are the persons been caught with the said 9.3 million dollars.The second group should be the operators of the Jet(Green Coast Produce ltd) and by extension, Eagle Air would be involved since they are supposed to ask questions if they hear that the company they leased out their Jet to isn't forth coming with positive news concerning their property. As the Owner of the Jet,I get worried when I don't receive any alert from these operators or Eagle Air with which I have residual interest in. The Only reason people generally will not confront the federal government and query them heavily concerning the failed arms deal should be when they have something negative already concerning Oritsejafor who is in my opinion a bizness man the bible has also encouraged, for us not to heavily rely on tithes and offerings of followers. No wonder Apostle Paul says he works with his hand to make a living and not rely on the congregation.‘’We work wearily with our own hands to earn our living.......''1 Corinthians 4:12a.
Oritsejafor should be the last person to be queried concerning this issue and the reasons are numerous: He isn't the operator of the Jet even though he owns it.He isn't the company that leased it from the operators. He isn't even the charterer or among the persons found on the Jet. He is not FG that says the money belongs to them. But he is definitely the first outspoken CAN president and the very first CAN leader to openly declare his interest in supporting a Christian leader (G.E.J)a spiritual son(G.E.J) who supports his ministry and calls him father spiritually speaking.
Some ask questions ranging from why did the government not use a military Jet but a private Jet and I say,if the operation according to government is a ‘covert operation’ you still expect them to go with a military Jet ? Use ur head mates! Why should it be Oritsejafor’s Jet that must be chartered according to El-rufai ? To put things straight, he only owns it but does not have the power to say who charters it or decide the destination and cargo aboard the jet since he does not operate it. Besides, a Jet must be chartered for this 'covert operation' according to FG and fortunately and unfortunately, it was Ayo,s Jet that was Chartered.(who will not want his jet to be chartered?) Besides, it is possible that Ayo must have told all his 'sons in the lord' that his jet is currently up for lease now and in case they have any private bizness they should charter his Jet so as to increase bizness for Eagle Air where he has interest, BECAUSE more bizness to either eagle Air or green coast produce means more money for Oritsejafor who in my opinion is a pastor and a business man !
I just think some catholics ignorantly will be hitting hard at Oritsejafor since he is a Pentecostal pastor and since they equally claim not to be part of CAN not knowing that in the body of Christ if the hand suffers the leg will soon feel the impact because the devil is aiming the head in the long run. I can understand why the muslims should call for Ayo's head. Oritsejafor is a terror to the enemy and you don't expect the enemy to go and sleep while you terrorise his kingdom. They must fight to bring down their enemy.But we still have some Pentecostal Christians who are in APC and are not just happy that AYO is an ARDENT supporter of G.E.J & does not hide it & they say bring him up for a roast! There are some others who just because AYO isn't their pastor not minding that they are also Pentecostals, they say AYO should be stoned.We have the neither here nor there people who doesn't know their left from their right & these ones are generally pastors bashers but only time will position these ones !

IS NIGERIA HEADING THE WAY OF TURKEY? From history, the apostles were first called Christians in Antioch the ancient Syria which is today's Turkey and Christianity lasted there for only 1,023 years before the present percentage of 0.02 percent and Islam about 98 percent. It was the same Turkey Apostle John took Mary the mother of Jesus to after the death of Christ. What do you think lead to the rapid decline of Christianity in Turkey ?

Simple,Osman Ghazi the brain Child of the Ottoman empire capitalized on the disunity amongst christian denominations ! The contemporary Christians are at it again ! We fight denominationally ! We kick against the anglicans becos we are catholics,we kick against the Pentecostals becos we are anglicans,we kick against the baptists becos catholics etc ! These we do some times unknowingly! Some are out there waiting to capitalize on our disunity to send us into OBLIVION !

God help us !
I want to ask you, is it legal to use a private jet for business purposes in Nigeria? And again, what is the percentage of Christians in ancient Turkey as against pagans? Do you even know that Turkey is a secular state as we speak? Why is it a coincidence that Ayo's jet was the one used? What would be your reaction if Sultan's jet was used for such purpose?
Please answer! And remember, I'm also a Christian- a non-catholic

2 Likes

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by obailala(m): 4:47pm On Sep 23, 2014
Billyonaire: You are speaking in French my friend. Those APC nematodes that walked out of the Chambers can not define honesty. If they cared about honesty, they would have known that Democracy is a game of numbers. Spare me una mumbo jumbo. Na only you waka come ?
I know the language I speak is strange to a typical Nigerian however just like everything in life, it is a choice I made for myself to speak that language to anyone around me who cares to listen.

As for the APC, I don't care who they are or what their motives are but in this issue, they have simply conveyed my concerns as an ordinary Nigerian; how can the house possibly not think it is necessary to debate such a sensitive and embarrassing issue?

7 Likes

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by Nobody: 4:47pm On Sep 23, 2014
Billyonaire: Go ahead and empty your jar of insults, j.a.n.j.a.w.e.e.d. That's what you are good at. I hope you have BP monitor and vasoprine, because we at Pro-GEJ are about to show you nematodes how politics is played and won.

Bro please if you know anyone in the HoR, let dem know they can continue with their sitting, they have other important topics to debate and pass like the PIB etc
And please save yourself the headache of exchanging words with those apc jan.jawe.ed nematodes, you'll wasting ur time
Mods, una try ooo so
J-anja-we.ed = supporter of apc
Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by talktimi(m): 4:48pm On Sep 23, 2014
abdulabbakar: Let them go back to their various constituencies and explain why the scandal shouldn't be debated upon!...

Naija!!!...An awful-god-forsaken republic of thieves...

Time will tell!
maybe your own part of naija but definitely not mine
Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by Asam2(m): 4:48pm On Sep 23, 2014
I AM ASHAMED OF THE REPRESENTATIVES AND THE STUPID CITIZEN WHO ARE IN SUPPORT OF THIS TRASH.

ALL OUR REPRESENTATIVES .......... ANYWAY LET SEE IF GOD WILL OPPOSED IT TOO

FOR THE STUPID OF U WHO VALUE TRIBE THAN PROBLEMS OF YOUR COUNTRY........ THAT SHOWS THAT U HAVE ROASTED BRAIN IN YOUR HEAD.

I AM SO ASHEMED.

2 Likes

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by musicwriter(m): 4:49pm On Sep 23, 2014
talktimi: Shebi there was a vote, so why did they walk out ? If you don't lobby, you can't have things your way in the legislature so these people should stop dramatizing things unnecessarily.

Talk of being undemocratic!,
Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by OkikiOluwa1(m): 4:49pm On Sep 23, 2014
philantoxx:
yea.it was aired on AIT.
ok
Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by grafikii: 4:50pm On Sep 23, 2014
Billyonaire: I know a lot about Democracy, far more than your paymasters. That's why I was able to make a better decision to support an elite intelligent party than a mere habitat of Islamists. The issue of arms purchase is sensitive and national security related. The lawmakers know that, so its been shelved for the sake of Nigeria Unity. But you can cry, like your mentor Buhari, or bend and shake hands with symbols of Boko Haram, like Tinubu.
See this non entity

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by omokab: 4:51pm On Sep 23, 2014
When somebody wake up in Nigeria early in the morning,he/she needs to ask a question about coming to this world.he/she needs to 1st ask a question of why God created him/her to this country if he can now get a answer that definitely he must be created in a particular country he will not be disturb of born in nigeria.secondly,he will ask,if is gud to have a leaders that will be directing the affairs of where he was born.He must know that certainly there must be a leader that is why you can find the role of a leader in bible,quaran and intraditional believe.he now need to ask himself about the way all our leaders are being managing the affairs of this country if is a course that we can't have a trusted leader with goog sense of having the concern of citizen at heart.Is there you will now know that our leaders are just being naturally wicked.you can see the people we voted for laughing at a serious issue like this definitely,one must know that there is a proplem.Really,I can't blaim them because they are all birds of a feather,flog together.Likewise the one posted to insult yoruba and APC(gratiea or whatever is address may be) is another bigot we need to be very careful when analysing how this country will move forward.I don't know if a yoruba is the one that is affecting his/her family or not,or the proplem that is affecting his family is caused by yoruba or APC.Had it been is somebody that we can see,you people will bear with me that he needs a deliverance and help from a good psycologist.Also in one word all other lawmakers apart from APc in the house of represenataive that support this badly act were all an ingrate and one day they will meet their God.
Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by Nobody: 4:51pm On Sep 23, 2014
Gabbysky:
Bro please if you know anyone in the HoR, let dem know they can continue with their sitting, they have other important topics to debate and pass like the PIB etc
And please save yourself the headache of exchanging words with those apc supporter of APC nematodes, you'll wasting ur time
The house continued the sitting. The planned exit strategy of the nematodes in the chambers didnt stop the majority from continuing with deliberations. If we all keep quiet and allow these jan.jaweed crusaders to flood nairaland with their negativism, they will think they have made a point. I am here this hour to cut their lies in the bud, and show them how f00lish it is, to disobey democratic norm.

2 Likes

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by ezugegere(m): 4:51pm On Sep 23, 2014
DONGOYARO1: Indeed
Nigeria is finished ! I cant imagine that a scandal of that magnitude would be swept under the carpet.

NINE. THREE MILLION DOLLARS !

If you believe Nigeria is finished, what are you still doing here? Take the next available flight to Somalia boy!

3 Likes

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by Alabsworld(m): 4:53pm On Sep 23, 2014
Dis APC is bunch of evil...enuf xplanation has been given. Am sure D BH sympatizers among dem wants to knw D strategy used so as to leak it to BH. LOOSERS.

2 Likes

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by Nobody: 4:53pm On Sep 23, 2014
grafikii:
See this non entity
Hahahahahahaha, You have no point to counter. You have gone personal and emotional. See ya Long Piriki grin

1 Like

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by dayosaurus(m): 4:53pm On Sep 23, 2014
merieam16: u can say dat again

How do I Gerrit for z10
Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by ogene007: 4:54pm On Sep 23, 2014
Bunch of overpaid and over-indulged lawmakers from APC. What a sheer waste of resources used in sustaining them as assembly members. I can't remember the last time they proffered any legislative solution to the bokoharam crisis. Their popular pastime has been to seek cheap publicity and playing to the gallery with any and every issue on the BH crisis. Post 2015, I bet they will be singing different tunes after they must have found their way out of the doomed and sinking ship called APC.

2 Likes

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by Ikengawo: 4:54pm On Sep 23, 2014
1. Why do we post numbers in dollars? Even our government does this
2. I'm a staunch PDP supporter but I do believe this issue is worth debate. I'll say this much though, the efforts to sabotage Nigeria are clear from the west. I understand why Nigerians would buy weapons discretely. Lets not forget that the US just blocked a Nigerian effort to buy a battle helicopter from Israel today!

With that, I completely understand why we would buy weapons informally. Western politicians, media, and 'thinkers' have all shown that they are clearly against the Nigerian government and sympathize with boko haram. They are acting by proxy with Cameroon who is devoted to breaking our morale with propaganda. So I thank everyone involved in the private jet situation for their patriotism and assistance and don't believe we should follow APC's lead in demonizing them in the name of politics and boko haram sympathy.
Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by BOAR: 4:55pm On Sep 23, 2014
Balkan: we have more pressing issues to debate. leave the matter as it is. the owners of Nigeria have spoken LONG LIVE EMEKA IHEDIOHA LONG LIVE GEJ LONG LIVE BDP LONG LIVE IGBOS one Nigeria or nothing

Mumu x 100

4 Likes

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by amobii: 4:55pm On Sep 23, 2014
Billyonaire: Stop mourning, this Government will be done in 2019. Wait till then my little friend. For now, you can either become smarter or stay dumb for the next 4 yrs. How can people chose to be unhappy ? Open your eyes and see that GEJ has no road block on his way to 2015. Ask OBJ, Ask Amaechi, Ask Wole Soyinka, Ask Tinubu. Jonathan is water, he has no enemies but you can drown in him, not his fault. Dont mess with the son of a fisherman.

I see, well I know your Jonathan will come back by whatever you guys can do to get the power, but search your mind do you think this is good for your nation, well if you think it's good then, I rest my case. crack on!!!
Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by amobii: 4:59pm On Sep 23, 2014
Ikengawo: 1. Why do we post numbers in dollars? Even our government does this
2. I'm a staunch PDP supporter but I do believe this issue is worth debate. I'll say this much though, the efforts to sabotage Nigeria are clear from the west. I understand why Nigerians would buy weapons discretely. Lets not forget that the US just blocked a Nigerian effort to buy a battle helicopter from Israel today!

With that, I completely understand why we would buy weapons informally. Western politicians, media, and 'thinkers' have all shown that they are clearly against the Nigerian government and sympathize with boko haram. They are acting by proxy with Cameroon who is devoted to breaking our morale with propaganda. So I thank everyone involved in the private jet situation for their patriotism and assistance and don't believe we should follow APC's lead in demonizing them in the name of politics and boko haram sympathy.

I think everyone is an enemy of this government, from boko haram to APC to America to South Africa and many more..... lol.
Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by Nobody: 5:00pm On Sep 23, 2014
amobii:

I see, well I know your Jonathan will come back by whatever you guys can do to get the power, but search your mind do you think this is good for your nation, well if you think it's good then, I rest my case. crack on!!!
Will I rather vote someone with military background, with coup plotting in his Biography ? I rather vote for Jonathan and keep the Oligarchs away from Aso Rock.

1 Like

Re: $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate by BOAR: 5:01pm On Sep 23, 2014
obailala: I know the language I speak is strange to a typical Nigerian however just like everything in life, it is a choice I made for myself to speak that language to anyone around me who cares to listen.

As for the APC, I don't care who they are or what their motives are but in this issue, they have simply conveyed my concerns as an ordinary Nigerian; how can the house possibly not think it is necessary to debate such a sensitive and embarrassing issue?

You are just being damn too civil in explaining your points to a clearly PDP thug.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

AIG Mbu Orders Arrest Of 50 Police Officers For Dressing Shabbily. / Nigerian Army Appoints Maj-Gen Yusha'u To lead Operation "Zaman Lafiya Dole" / Anxiety At NNPC Ahead Of Buhari’s Massive Shake-up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.