Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,404 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

How Shy People Flirt - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Shy People Flirt (43286 Views)

10 Things Shy People Would Do When They Are Crushing...... / Can A Relationship Between Two Introverted And Shy People Work? / Should Married People Flirt ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Shy People Flirt by streetzdreamz(m): 11:02am On Sep 25, 2014
AfricanApple: still dsame thing, online friends can't be trusted at all cos most often people turns out to be a completely different person u chatted with
trust? Ion even trust masef,ion need anything outa d blues from em,dats y frndship n d likes doesnt freak me out,just someone to chat wit wen m bored,exchange diff views bout life,dats all dia s to it.
Re: How Shy People Flirt by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 25, 2014
I'll be coming out BOLD.
Re: How Shy People Flirt by Keenysbojan(m): 11:20am On Sep 25, 2014
AfricanApple: http://m.wikihow.com/Overcome-Shyness

this should help
thanks,I have save it...I will read it later
Re: How Shy People Flirt by expensive007(m): 11:21am On Sep 25, 2014
Really?
Re: How Shy People Flirt by Keenysbojan(m): 11:22am On Sep 25, 2014
AfricanApple: http://m.wikihow.com/Overcome-Shyness

this should help
thanks,I have save it...I will read it later...
Re: How Shy People Flirt by Superstar007(m): 11:26am On Sep 25, 2014
hahaha. . I can really relate with some of that. I think it has to do with the way peeps were brought up. For instance, in my fam. . my dad used to frown at us relating with peeps outside I dunno why.
And I was this quiet type that didn't talk too much, was extremely shy that my then class teacher had to award me for being the most quiet nigger in the class. I remember in my Js1, when We were given assignment on social studies unfortunately the answers wasn't included in my text book. Our neighbour's daughter attended same school with me so my dad told me to go and ask for her own text book maybe what I was looking for will be there. .the mere thought of approaching her made me sick that I cried that day ehn but I eventually summoned courage and went with my sister to get the book grin

Fast forward to my Ss1, it is a well known fact that am a cutie(undisputable) cheesy but this didn't mean much to me then cos I didn't care much about the opposite sex. So after new students joined our class, there was this particular girl that was all over me though I have come to realized she wasn't the only one drooling over me but hers was more pronounced. Eventually, I began to like her, she was an epitome of beauty(no objection) but the thought of talking to her was like saying Mikel will win the footballer of the year(mission impossible) grin grin

It came to a point where her seat partner asked to swap places with me(maybe she asked her to) and I obliged. So I now started sitting beside her in most of the classes but gracious Jesus I could spend two hours sitting there without uttering a word. I would go home dejected asking my self what was wrong with me although she sometimes initiated a convo I ended up acting like one boring jerk. grin
Each time I summoned courage to talk to her, I only ended up collecting her notes after I had sat there like a monument. Then there was this other dude behind her often chatting her up while I was sitting there jealous and abusing my self in my mind. But when I got to Ss2 things changed sha, I began socializing more maybe becaure our class was made up mostly of boys and
my name was always on the list of noisemakers and the likes. #Story of my life.

Although, I still have a little trait of quietness and shyness in me. When I look back now I simply shake my head for those wasted opportuinities and ask my self "Dude what was wrong with you" grin

7 Likes

Re: How Shy People Flirt by AfricanApple(f): 11:36am On Sep 25, 2014
Keenysbojan: thanks,I have save it...I will read it later...
no yawa
Re: How Shy People Flirt by Nobody: 11:52am On Sep 25, 2014
pasqal09: 1. Silent Witness
Shy people will gladly take part in a conversation with their crush, but only as far as listening goes! You might notice that a shy person will never ask questions or delve deeper into your personality or interests - they just simply don't have the courage! Shy people will instead satisfy their curiosity by asking other people about you, or by checking out your social media pages for more information.

2. Cell Phone Flirting
You probably realize by now that shy people aren't too great with the whole "flirting face-to-face thing". Another trick shy people use to flirt with is their cell phone or computer. They will find it extremely easy to be flirtatious over text message or via a chat session, but as soon as you see them in person they act disinterested or pretend they didn't see you just to avoid any awkwardness.

3. Favour Galore
Have you got a shy friend who seems to always go out of their way to help you? Looks like this friend might have a little bit of a crush on you! Shy people will often do favors for the person they like, however they will mask these favors as simply "just trying to help out / be nice". To shy people, this is flirting.

4. The Friends Blanket
Shy people seem so confident and sure of their feelings towards their crush whilst they are with their friends, but then as soon as it's just one-on-one time with their crush, they become all shy again! Shy people will often use their friends as a safety blanket, so if you find they act disinterested or distant while they're alone with you, this just means they find it hard to flirt without the back-up of their friends.

5. Laughing
We've all come across someone like this - the person who laughs at absolutely everything! Often this laughter is a nervous laugh from a shy person, who feels that if they laugh at everything their crush says or does, then it will come across as flirting.

6. Starring
Shy people sometimes even work up the courage to stare at their crush - gasp! The only problem with staring is that it has a 50/50 chance of being successful. Either the person being stared at will think it is a compliment because they find the person staring at them to be quite attractive, or stranger-danger alarm bells will ring in their head and they will find it creepy.

7. Stalking.
While some shy people can only work up the courage to send a friend request on Facebook to their crush, others take it a little step further and may come across as being "stalkerish". This often includes multiple 'likes' of photos, statuses, wall posts, etc. The biggest hint that you've got an avid, but shy, fan on your hands? When they like your photos or statuses from years ago...

freaks undecided
Re: How Shy People Flirt by keandre: 12:03pm On Sep 25, 2014
Keenysbojan: I can shy..even till date most people do complain about being a shy person.. even to kiss my babe na wahala ,hmmm shyness is a disease ooo I don tire for am

Hmmm,this one is strong
Re: How Shy People Flirt by Virgindove(f): 12:17pm On Sep 25, 2014
Your analysis of a shy person is inconclusive. Becos am a member of that class, i know first-hand how they feel. They like doing most of their things off camera. They are unpredictable, as they commune wit their minds more often. This is the reason some called them introverts. As a guy, they tend to be paedophiles or rapists. And as a lady,paedophiles or lesbians. Unfortunately, most shy ladies these days are the one with marital problems. Men usually take them for granted and abuse them.
Re: How Shy People Flirt by keandre: 12:18pm On Sep 25, 2014
Thankgod na disease,e dey curable
Re: How Shy People Flirt by Vhalder: 12:27pm On Sep 25, 2014
so true!
Re: How Shy People Flirt by motherlode: 12:34pm On Sep 25, 2014
Hmmm, are you trying to describe or what? Uhn?!.
(*_*) >>>> THIS IS ME.
Re: How Shy People Flirt by motherlode: 12:34pm On Sep 25, 2014
Hmmm, are you trying to describe me or what? Uhn?!.
(*_*) >>>> THIS IS ME.
Re: How Shy People Flirt by siegfried99(m): 12:35pm On Sep 25, 2014
corlin2: 1 describes me alot
am a shy guy #notproudof:it:thou

You aren't alone cry
Re: How Shy People Flirt by siegfried99(m): 12:37pm On Sep 25, 2014
keandre:

Hmmm,this one is strong

Eleyi Gidi gan grin

1 Like

Re: How Shy People Flirt by Princejboy(m): 12:38pm On Sep 25, 2014
Shy people will gladly take part in a conversation with their crush, but only as far as listening goes! You might notice that a shy person will never ask questions or delve deeper into your personality or interests - they just simply don't have the courage! Shy people will instead satisfy their curiosity by asking other people about you, or by checking out your social media pages for more information.

2. Cell Phone Flirting
You probably realize by now that shy people aren't too great with the whole "flirting face-to-face thing". Another trick shy people use to flirt with is their cell phone or computer. They will find it extremely easy to be flirtatious over text message or via a chat session, but as soon as you see them in person they act disinterested or pretend they didn't see you just to avoid any awkwardness.

3. Favour Galore
Have you got a shy friend who seems to always go out of their way to help you? Looks like this friend might have a little bit of a crush on you! Shy people will often do favors for the person they like, however they will mask these favors as simply "just trying to help out / be nice". To shy people, this is flirting.

4. The Friends Blanket
Shy people seem so confident and sure of their feelings towards their crush whilst they are with their friends, but then as soon as it's just one-on-one time with their crush, they become all shy again! Shy people will often use their friends as a safety blanket, so if you find they act disinterested or distant while they're alone with you, this just means they find it hard to flirt without the back-up of their friends.

5. Laughing
We've all come across someone like this - the person who laughs at absolutely everything! Often this laughter is a nervous laugh from a shy person, who feels that if they laugh at everything their crush says or does, then it will come across as flirting.

6. Starring
Shy people sometimes even work up the courage to stare at their crush - gasp! The only problem with staring is that it has a 50/50 chance of being successful. Either the person being stared at will think it is a compliment because they find the person staring at them to be quite attractive, or stranger-danger alarm bells will ring in their head and they will find it creepy.

7. Stalking.
While some shy people can only work up the courage to send a friend request on Facebook to their crush, others take it a little step further and may come across as being "stalkerish". This often includes multiple 'likes' of photos, statuses, wall posts, etc. The biggest hint that you've got an avid, but shy, fan on your hands? When they like your photos or statuses from years ago...
m guilty of them all8-)
Re: How Shy People Flirt by keandre: 12:43pm On Sep 25, 2014
siegfried99:

Eleyi Gidi gan grin

grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Shy People Flirt by siegfried99(m): 12:44pm On Sep 25, 2014
@Superstar007

Ur story is very similar to mine.. Choi. grin grin

No be small thing oo grin
Re: How Shy People Flirt by cheezkid(m): 12:58pm On Sep 25, 2014
Ha ! im shy. i neva knew
Re: How Shy People Flirt by bedfordng(m): 12:59pm On Sep 25, 2014
most of what op said is true especially the cell phone.shy people can flirt more on cell phone or even text,calls since they feel they are behind a mask but face to face meet up is not something they would wish to encounter often.but if the shyness has gotten to the extent of being a flegmatic (extreme introvert ),then such person have to do something about it because it is very bad to be a flegmatic person,you can't even fight for your right and you will just allow poops and people to take advantage of such person without talking because you won't want to cause a scene even when some one brings out a gun in public and it happens you saw it first, an extreme shy person will just be there looking without saying something,being shy is not too good.there is difference between being shy and being gentle.the worse case is when a girl is shy,it affects girls more than the guys.female shyness is worse than guys.more over,shy people are the best to keep secret.they can even die with some ones secret without saying anything to anyone even in their grave.i always recommend most shy people to buy the novel called " (why you act the way you do),knowing their temperement as well as other peoples temperements will boost their social life.its a very good book i will recommend for not only shy people.

1 Like

Re: How Shy People Flirt by kenex4ever(m): 1:03pm On Sep 25, 2014
AfricanApple: now i know dat do not judge a book by its cover is very true. on d contrary I'm a very quiet person, I'm also shy but I'm already learning how to overcome d shyness.
thanks anyway
Lolz, now I know dat looks can be deceiving is true, sorry 4 d wrong personification. U R welcome anyways.
Re: How Shy People Flirt by bedfordng(m): 1:10pm On Sep 25, 2014
Keenysbojan: hehehe,hmmm..lyk seriously I don tire for dis shyness of a tin.. d tin dey kill me small small..please what can I do to get rid of it?
you should get this book called "why you act the way you do".
Re: How Shy People Flirt by Effizle(m): 1:15pm On Sep 25, 2014
bedfordng: i always recommend most shy people to buy the novel called " (why you act the way you do),.
. Author pls?
Re: How Shy People Flirt by Nobody: 1:16pm On Sep 25, 2014

2. Cell Phone Flirting

3. Favour Galore

4. The Friends Blanket

5. Laughing

6. Starring

7. Stalking.
inteterestingsmiley
Re: How Shy People Flirt by kenex4ever(m): 1:17pm On Sep 25, 2014
though I like my quiet nature cos it gives me d ability to study people but I hate d shyness, it makes me feel as if I'm still a baby[/quote]

Yea, shyness makes some one look like a baby even in d presence of some one much younger than u do.

1 Like

Re: How Shy People Flirt by kenex4ever(m): 1:20pm On Sep 25, 2014
AfricanApple: seriously? nothing else works for u aside that? I don't think that's gonna help u cos u meet all manners of people on the Internet, some of them their mission is to be destructive, they don't know you so they don't care about u, its those around you in real that should matter most to you cos u know them, where they come from, who they are, u can decide who to make friends with cos u have seen their characters and either satisfied or not satisfied with it.

though I like my quiet nature cos it gives me d ability to study people but I hate d shyness, it makes me feel as if I'm still a baby

My above comment is a quote gone wrong.
I tried quoting dis lady, am not dat shy
Re: How Shy People Flirt by bedfordng(m): 1:21pm On Sep 25, 2014
Habdolleez02: nyc post..... Is lyk u r talkn to me directly but am nt proud of it thou.... Is realy affectn me seriously
if it gets to the extent of being a flema,that will be the worse.will recommend you buy and read this book called "why you act the way you do".only shy people knows how to communicate with their fellow shy friends when they come across them but after reading this book, you can even tell a shy person exactly their life style even if you have not met them before and you will have more ways to associate with them when you meet even if you are not the shy type.shyness is not too good,it kills ones self esteem and inferiority complex.ones a girl noticed a guy is shy,some of them takes advantage of them,collecting anything they see on the guys house or with him without the person saying anything.
Re: How Shy People Flirt by bedfordng(m): 1:27pm On Sep 25, 2014
Effizle: . Author pls?
its by tim lahaye, check what people said about it on nairaland too at www.nairaland.com/6883/why-act-way-tim-lahaye
Re: How Shy People Flirt by fajani(m): 1:30pm On Sep 25, 2014
AfricanApple: Lol, how do u mean
I mean you are ravishing......
Re: How Shy People Flirt by bedfordng(m): 1:32pm On Sep 25, 2014
Youngtekkey: walahi,this is the typical me,everything here applies to me the only thing to include is dat am an introvert
introvert,that is also another attributes of being shy.or you wanted to say extrovert.you should get this book called "why you act the way you do" www.nairaland.com/6883/why-act-way-tim-lahaye
Re: How Shy People Flirt by lastchild: 1:37pm On Sep 25, 2014
Please can any igbo in the house translate "ogbanje" to yoruba language, its urgent please

Sorry 4 derailing the topic

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

15 Things Most Nigerian Girls Says When You Compliment Them / Share The Crazy Things You Did While In Love / How Do You Handle Frequent Sexual Urge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.