Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

Feminism Redefined By Emma Watson - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Feminism Redefined By Emma Watson (19632 Views)

Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! / An open letter to Emma Watson and all feminists / Adichie’s Feminism: Vacuums And Fallacies By A. Gonzaga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Feminism Redefined By Emma Watson by Jarchi(m): 6:35am On Sep 25, 2014
She's being my crush since 2008
Re: Feminism Redefined By Emma Watson by sam90s(m): 6:36am On Sep 25, 2014
timilehing: Let me reframe it for you
As long as Men are called Male, Women are called Female, there will never be gender equality

I wonder if thar goes with race too. Remember there are variances in our genes too.

1 Like

Re: Feminism Redefined By Emma Watson by kilokeys(m): 6:39am On Sep 25, 2014
oveflogged issue... mtcheww.

i support gender equality (basic rights)

i also say, we can't have equal responsibilities

there is a difference.

Imagine If PEJ was d president.. undecided. diaris goodu o

most fanatic feminists now would go for deliverance much later when they r tired of bearing their father's name.

*gladly unfollows thread*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Feminism Redefined By Emma Watson by Nobody: 6:41am On Sep 25, 2014
Wow this is quite a read, you know it is quite unusual to see smart young women in the entertainment industry, who do not just come in for the fame and money it brings, they come in and use both to make a change in the society, the way people see things. thumbs up Emma. Am a man and I love the idea behind feminism. I believe every gender should be treated equally. In a Field of work, it should not matter if you are male or female, rather your ability to do the job. Both genders should be treated equally, its a right and not a privilege. #iamaFeminist

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feminism Redefined By Emma Watson by funmo(m): 6:43am On Sep 25, 2014
LIVE AND LET'S LIVE! WHAT'S ALL THESE ADO ABOUT FEMINISM ET AL

THE MAN WAS CREATED FIRST.THE WOMAN CAME OUT OF HIS RIB!... IT DOESN'T DEPICT SUPERIORITY, IT MEANS "SYNCHRONIZATION" !!!

FEMINISM IS NOT EVEN WHAT FEMINISTS THINK IT'S!!!

na so una go dey look 4 equalism till una 40+ but never marry!!!
Re: Feminism Redefined By Emma Watson by Nobody: 6:45am On Sep 25, 2014
I love women who are feminist and will love to marry one.

I envision them as intelligent and women with valour.

Only insecure men will feel bad because I don't see anything intimidating in feminism. smiley

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feminism Redefined By Emma Watson by Nobody: 6:49am On Sep 25, 2014
FrancisTony: I love women who are feminist and will love to marry one.

Only insecure men will feel bad because I don't see anything intimidating in feminism. smiley
true!

The elite r wifey materials

3 Likes

Re: Feminism Redefined By Emma Watson by lawrenceunaa: 6:50am On Sep 25, 2014
until i see a woman who can do everything a man could do ......

1 Like

Re: Feminism Redefined By Emma Watson by kittykat1(f): 6:50am On Sep 25, 2014
aisha2: Applause
Thank you Emma. This is What feminism is truly about equal rights for all not hate of any gender, thank you defining it for us.

For the close minded, you may not understand it but we all suffer the consequence if an unequal society. Men who are not able to emotionally express themselves, fathers who are told they shouldn't spend too much time with Their kids and miss the bonding experience . Men who Suffer abuse in silence, men who are publicly ridiculed for being hit by Women. These are All consequences of inequality
That's what I like about the article. That finally it's been realised that equal rights can't be had if men were also not considered. I hope that d future sees a change in traditions that box ppl into roles that put them at a disadvantage.

3 Likes

Re: Feminism Redefined By Emma Watson by kittykat1(f): 6:51am On Sep 25, 2014
kilokeys: oveflogged issue... mtcheww.

i support gender equality (basic rights)

i also say, we can't have equal responsibilities

there is a difference.

Imagine If PEJ was d president.. undecided. diaris goodu o

most fanatic feminists now would go for deliverance much later when they r tired of bearing their father's name.

*gladly unfollows thread*
You still didn't understand the article or u didn't read it.

4 Likes

Re: Feminism Redefined By Emma Watson by sam90s(m): 6:58am On Sep 25, 2014
Chimamanda too did justice to the topic.

7 Likes

Re: Feminism Redefined By Emma Watson by curiouslad(m): 7:03am On Sep 25, 2014
My only gripe with feminism is that some feminazis think it is a holy jihad against the male gender. undecided

A man is no more equal to a Female any more than a Apple is equal to an Orange.

Equal rights? Yes.
Equality? NO.
Re: Feminism Redefined By Emma Watson by ChiSun27(m): 7:07am On Sep 25, 2014
I have never believed that men are more superior than women....I have seen smart ladies in the midst of men that I couldn't help but ponder on their level of reasoning and handling of organizational activities effectively and efficiently....and on the reverse you will see the male counterparts lazying around without any drive to climb the higher ladder.

My only problem with feminists is that most of them don't know how to balance their official life and their home/family life....they oppose their husbands in almost everything...and that is the downpart of it all.
Re: Feminism Redefined By Emma Watson by Rapsainot(m): 7:12am On Sep 25, 2014
emmyrichie: I think feminists are heartbroken cowards who are very much afraid of going through the previous bad experience they once had.
exactly
Re: Feminism Redefined By Emma Watson by kittykat1(f): 7:14am On Sep 25, 2014
ChiSun27: I have never believed that men are more superior than women....I have seen smart ladies in the midst of men that I couldn't help but ponder on their level of reasoning and handling of organizational activities effectively and efficiently....and on the reverse you will see the male counterparts lazying around without any drive to climb the higher ladder.

My only problem with feminists is that most of them don't know how to balance their official life and their home/family life....they oppose their husbands in almost everything...and that is the downpart of it all.

That's d thing about this article. It shouldn't be about hating any of the sexes. Its understanding equity and justice differently or making it broader. U mentioned official and home life. I think this new view point says both d man and woman should be involved in balancing home and official life in a peaceful way that would favour both.

4 Likes

Re: Feminism Redefined By Emma Watson by Opiosko: 7:15am On Sep 25, 2014
Jarchi: She's being my crush since 2008
That old winch na u crush?
Re: Feminism Redefined By Emma Watson by Tex42(m): 7:28am On Sep 25, 2014
i was here
Re: Feminism Redefined By Emma Watson by Opiosko: 7:30am On Sep 25, 2014
kittykat1:

That's d thing about this article. It shouldn't be about hating any of the sexes. Its understanding equity and justice differently or making it broader. U mentioned official and home life. I think this new view point says both d man and woman should be involved in balancing home and official in a peaceful that would favour both.
Please what's new there? We have been shouting this for a long time that Feminism should not be man hating as the are going about it. There are many liberal minded guys who does not see themsevles as more specail than the female folk but they oppose feminism cos it's a revengful hate mission. Even at this point, i still do not see reason to use the word ' Feminism' to describe the idea cos it's more or less a universal equality concept. Wrapping it in feminism cloak is a deceptive way to make feminists seem less resentful and hate filled.
Re: Feminism Redefined By Emma Watson by Opiosko: 7:31am On Sep 25, 2014
Re: Feminism Redefined By Emma Watson by Oltabaks(m): 7:33am On Sep 25, 2014
Beautiful...I think it's hightime the ladies had a say too.They had a voice,but they didn't have a say.It doesn't diminish our role as their protectors,it only means now we've got each other's back.*TEAMFEMINIST*Grins widely.

10 Likes

Re: Feminism Redefined By Emma Watson by AfricanApple(f): 7:37am On Sep 25, 2014
just d truth about what gender equality is.

1 Like

Re: Feminism Redefined By Emma Watson by dresiri(m): 7:38am On Sep 25, 2014
If a lady wants to earn the same salary as a man for the same work, she should also give up having doors opened for her, or having seats vacated for her....I strongly believe in gender equality, but it goes both ways!!!

2 Likes

Re: Feminism Redefined By Emma Watson by Nobody: 7:43am On Sep 25, 2014
THUMBS UP TO EMMA FOR THISsmiley

1 Like

Re: Feminism Redefined By Emma Watson by QAPHAYNE: 7:48am On Sep 25, 2014
If this is her definition of feminism then its the same as human rights. If its the same why now go under a different name? Let's stop deceiving ourselves, feminism is a movement of man haters who feel its time men where made to pay for there dominance since time. And nigerian ladies will gladly wip out the feminism card when its time to choose between career and family, but when its time to pay for dinner they submit to male leadership. Every democratic constitution has paved way for equal rights there is no need for feminism. Feminism has and is destroying marriages, most of the proponents of this movements are either women from dysfunctional homes where male leadership lacking, sexually and serially abused and feel men anywhere is a threat to women every where. Am not against equality, am against deception. God bless the african woman.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Feminism Redefined By Emma Watson by sarutobie(m): 7:59am On Sep 25, 2014
QAPHAYNE: If this is her definition of feminism then its the same as human rights. If its the same why now go under a different name? Let's stop deceiving ourselves, feminism is a movement of man haters who feel its time men where made to pay for there dominance since time. And nigerian ladies will gladly wip out the feminism card when its time to choose between career and family, but when its time to pay for dinner they submit to male leadership. Every democratic constitution has paved way for equal rights there is no need for feminism. Feminism has and is destroying marriages, only a handful of them have stable homes. Am not against equality, am against deception. God bless the african woman.
I was thinking the same, if emma watson is advocating for equal basic rights for both genders (which should be in any society that wants to progress) then she is advocating for human rights(for all genders of all ages), it then makes the word 'feminism' unnecessary really...

3 Likes

Re: Feminism Redefined By Emma Watson by Frankenstein: 8:08am On Sep 25, 2014
What do you call a letter from a feminist?
Re: Feminism Redefined By Emma Watson by Frankenstein: 8:12am On Sep 25, 2014
QAPHAYNE: If this is her definition of feminism then its the same as human rights. If its the same why now go under a different name? Let's stop deceiving ourselves, feminism is a movement of man haters who feel its time men where made to pay for there dominance since time. And nigerian ladies will gladly wip out the feminism card when its time to choose between career and family, but when its time to pay for dinner they submit to male leadership. Every democratic constitution has paved way for equal rights there is no need for feminism. Feminism has and is destroying marriages, most of the proponents of this movements are either women from dysfunctional homes where male leadership lacking, sexually and serially abused and feel men anywhere is a threat to women every where. Am not against equality, am against deception. God bless the african woman.
The bolded tho. The hypocrisy of Nigerian feminists.

3 Likes

Re: Feminism Redefined By Emma Watson by Frankenstein: 8:18am On Sep 25, 2014
FrancisTony: I love women who are feminist and will love to marry one.

You'll be very sorry if you marry a feminist. Intelligence doesn't make marriages work. How can you survive with a woman that her major aim in life is focused on proving a non-existent equality? You'll cook your own meals. Sex will be once a month cos she doesn't wanna appear as an object. Haha. Good luck!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feminism Redefined By Emma Watson by Nobody: 8:19am On Sep 25, 2014
smiley

3 Likes

Re: Feminism Redefined By Emma Watson by Nobody: 8:21am On Sep 25, 2014
Frankenstein: You'll be very sorry if you marry a feminist. Intelligence doesn't make marriages work. How can you survive with a woman that her major aim in life is focused on proving a non-existent equality? You'll cook your own meals. Sex will be once a month cos she doesn't wanna appear as an object. Haha. Good luck!

I am attracted to women with intelligence and that equals Love.

I despise women who love to be housewives.

5 Likes

Re: Feminism Redefined By Emma Watson by Nobody: 8:22am On Sep 25, 2014
Frankenstein: You'll be very sorry if you marry a feminist. Intelligence doesn't make marriages work. How can you survive with a woman that her major aim in life is focused on proving a non-existent equality? You'll cook your own meals. Sex will be once a month cos she doesn't wanna appear as an object. Haha. Good luck!
like seriously Did you read the post at all? Sex once a month? That's just exagerration!

4 Likes

Re: Feminism Redefined By Emma Watson by Nobody: 8:22am On Sep 25, 2014
I was moved when i watched d video. There are differences between the 2 sexes but none is more superior. When/if males and females handle the same responsibility, they should be paid the same way, addressed the same way, respected the same way. No gender should be more superior because of something they have no control over{their sex}. Humans should be judged by what they can or what they achieve not by their anatomy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Teaching Our Children The Sense Of Gratitude. / Nigerian Ghost Stories (pressing Someones Neck At Night) / “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.