Stats: 3,153,505 members, 7,819,831 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] (47821 Views)

Google Shows Supports For Nigeria With Election Day Doodle [photo] / Google Celebrates Nigeria’s 54th Independence Anniversary With A Doodle [PHOTO] / Happy 54th Independence Day To All Nairalanders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by BankuTilapia2: 5:30pm On Oct 01, 2014
zappyj:

That's a lame way to think bro and you know that..every country has its issues including your mediocre country - Ghana, so get a life bro and join in our celebration.

Hahaaaaaaaa wot r u celebrating

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by HARDDON: 5:31pm On Oct 01, 2014
Kul however they dipict it!

Isn't this the first time ever they are celebrating with us?

Good People
Great Nation !

Awesome Don

We gein there!
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Sagamite(m): 5:37pm On Oct 01, 2014
EroticAngelina: like cultural dresses or tourism places!

You are a cretin!

Is Nigeria known for tourism for them to be showing tourism?

You better be praising God they did not decide to show a Naija youth on a PC sending scam messages about how his father is the founder of Nigeria and he just sold it for £54bn that he wants to transfer.

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by marimalove: 5:47pm On Oct 01, 2014
Must google use okada napep nd danfo to describe naija nawa o
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by FrancaBee: 5:51pm On Oct 01, 2014
They're making a mockery of us and we are busy here writing trash and being happy? Geez!! your persistent and ein wife inside Danfo, are you all friggin blind? how is that a good thing? pls tell me?. 54 years, is there no better way to celebrate us?, how about a proper pic displaying what our culture is really about? Kai!! SMH!!
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Sunday17: 6:06pm On Oct 01, 2014
Nice concept. I employ the remaining site to cultivate their habit. Nigeria should be always recognise no matter how bad,corrupt,poverty rate.... We are still d giant of Africa.
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Nobody: 6:28pm On Oct 01, 2014
emmyspark007:
This is one of the reasons y i hate most yoruba ppl; always acting childish nd tribalistic...The doodle is meant to celebtate one NIGERIA not yoruba, so shut ur stinking mouth
cry cry baby, eyah sorry.. the post was meant to be funny but is seems hate has eroded every sense of humour you had..
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by lawrenceunaa: 6:37pm On Oct 01, 2014
ednut1: is dat not jona in the danfo
I think say na only me see am ooo

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by dabossman(m): 6:53pm On Oct 01, 2014
FrancaBee: They're making a mockery of us and we are busy here writing trash and being happy? Geez!! your persistent and ein wife inside Danfo, are you all friggin blind? how is that a good thing? pls tell me?. 54 years, is there no better way to celebrate us?, how about a proper pic displaying what our culture is really about? Kai!! SMH!!

Let's be honesty with ourselves for once. Where is the mockery? That doodle is a true representation of the reality in our country today. When the average politician in Nigeria talks about youth or community empowerment this is what you get. They buy hundreds of okadas, keke napeps, taxis and danfos and distribute. That is how they empower Nigeria's youths. They hardly build factories, give scholarships or support small businesses with loans and grants. No, it is mostly okada, keke and danfo.

The designer has only depicted some of the most notable symbols in our society. It is not Google's fault that we don't have bullet or subway trains and double-decker buses. I bet they would depict China with bicycles and rickashaws too.

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by emeka1101: 7:02pm On Oct 01, 2014
MORNDEW: Saw this very early this morning and i was so happy. Weda keke or danfo, it shows we can survive anywhere. Btw imagine wetin dem go put for Ghana or South Africa wen their own reach.
Ghana ---google doodle. 2012

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by emeka1101: 7:03pm On Oct 01, 2014
Ghana --- 2013 Google doodle

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by emeka1101: 7:04pm On Oct 01, 2014
Ghana 2014

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by easyelliot(m): 7:15pm On Oct 01, 2014
So this is it, wow
Alumo rock was not available I guess.
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Nobody: 7:18pm On Oct 01, 2014
easyelliot: So this is it, wow
Alumo rock was not available I guess.

ALOMO ROCK?

*flood of tears*
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Nobody: 7:27pm On Oct 01, 2014
EroticAngelina: yes they did. but tz barely noticeable angry and they should remove the darn keke and danfo!
I get your point Angelina
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by iAmMystical(m): 7:46pm On Oct 01, 2014
so d yorubas are notable for dere keke napeps and the hausas on d bike. happy independence from leg bus
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by emeka1101: 7:47pm On Oct 01, 2014
Nigeria 2010

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by emeka1101: 7:48pm On Oct 01, 2014
Nigeria 2013

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by emeka1101: 7:49pm On Oct 01, 2014
this is no achievement.
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Nobody: 7:53pm On Oct 01, 2014
Sagamite:

You are a cretin!

Is Nigeria known for tourism for them to be showing tourism?

You better be praising God they did not decide to show a Naija youth on a PC sending scam messages about how his father is the founder of Nigeria and he just sold it for £54bn that he wants to transfer.
quit quoting me! Would u!!
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Nobody: 7:54pm On Oct 01, 2014
prezelThomas: I get your point Angelina
good.
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by lovelyronke20(f): 8:02pm On Oct 01, 2014
We Yorubas dey at the Back sha chai
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Nobody: 8:19pm On Oct 01, 2014
I Still don't see it on my phone. Both google.com.ng and google.com
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Nobody: 8:21pm On Oct 01, 2014
lovelyronke20: We Yorubas dey at the Back sha chai
Hausa...Igbo...Yoruba. Might be arranged alphabetically
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Forwetinnah: 8:28pm On Oct 01, 2014
grin...and the Molue carry GEJ for front seat. Saw it late last night, funny
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Nobody: 9:53pm On Oct 01, 2014
freecharles: This is good...it feels good to know that Nigeria is recognized. How many countries get this on their independence day.

GREAT PEOPLE

Why would they use danfo, keke n okada rather than Eko Atlantic, Tinapa, or even River Niger...? of all the monuments in Nigeria, they insist on making a caricature doodle of Nigeria's poverty
One day a Nigerian will come out with something larger than google. nonsense people!
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by lovelyronke20(f): 10:07pm On Oct 01, 2014
adebayor1490: Hausa...Igbo...Yoruba. Might be arranged alphabetically

That's true
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by tomakint: 10:24pm On Oct 01, 2014
THIS Is nothing but undiluted bullshit....suffering and smiling

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by meetgentry: 10:34pm On Oct 01, 2014
Kudos to google! but our full representation 1/36. But I must commend them sha, because our indigenous IT firms were only concerned with how to milk our economy with their atutupoyoyo's products
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by 3RNEST(m): 10:48pm On Oct 01, 2014
Lol, funny photoz, but why those three (3) means of transportation? grin
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Nobody: 12:33am On Oct 02, 2014
musKeeto:
The ignorance.

.....can't be quantified....of epic proportions, sure to blow you the fvck away. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mega Party: Atiku, Tinubu, Makarfi’s PDP Target March 2017 Date / APC Presidential Aspirants In War Of Campaign Posters (pics) / Photos Of The Surveillance Aircraft Used During Sambisa Invasion