Stats: 3,152,037 members, 7,814,541 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] (47801 Views)

Google Shows Supports For Nigeria With Election Day Doodle [photo] / Google Celebrates Nigeria’s 54th Independence Anniversary With A Doodle [PHOTO] / Happy 54th Independence Day To All Nairalanders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Sagamite(m): 11:15am On Oct 01, 2014
EroticAngelina: mm, they tried. at least we got recognized wink but frankly, I don't want that to be the picture they used there to be in Google.com !!!!! Hellooooo! that's embarrassing! they could have used an art drawing of women/men dressed in the three major tribes of Nigeria attires! that's more presentable! in every celebration these white ppl do for us, they must be a negative part! angry I CNT shout abeg

You don't know your country is embarrassing?

You want the world to hide the embarrassment for you?

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Sagamite(m): 11:16am On Oct 01, 2014
Tundeiab: saddist... undecided

I lie?
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by ChristyG(f): 11:16am On Oct 01, 2014
clitlicker: Why yoruba go carry last na sad
dat is cos the tribes were arranged alphabetically...h-hausa,i-igbo(looks more like a niger delta look to me tho)then Y-YORUBA.on a normal day,yoruba no dey carry last8-)

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by champman(m): 11:18am On Oct 01, 2014
Idrismusty97: It is only "Google.com.ng" celebrating it. "Google.com" isn't.
u ppl shld hv a change of heart n attitude.u post unconfirmed gibberish because of ur obnoxious culture of cynicism.mtchewwwwwwwww
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Idrismusty97(m): 11:18am On Oct 01, 2014
Vikky014: errrm meaning?all i know google is celebratn with us tongue
Tundeiab: Bad belle. Are google.com and google.com.ng not owned by same company? Nawa for you o...
Yea. But what is the point if it is only Nigerians that will witness it. Or those using Nigerian IP. During the Sochi Olympics everybody saw the doodle and even the US independence day. But for Nigeria even Togo wouldn't even know if we are celebrating anything smiley.
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Sagamite(m): 11:18am On Oct 01, 2014
bushdoc9919:

That's Obasanjo's legacy (Jonathan is busy reviving the railways).

Reviving the railways by buying 2 second-hand, 1960s trains for millions of pounds to be used by the 20 million in Lagos?

You were dumbly blinded by the repainting of the archiac trains?

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by MrDoGood(m): 11:20am On Oct 01, 2014
only in nigeria google home displayed wth the above photo celebrating nigeria and not all over the world.

that is the home page for google nigeria.

thanks to them though.

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Idrismusty97(m): 11:21am On Oct 01, 2014
champman: u ppl shld hv a change of heart n attitude.u post unconfirmed gibberish because of ur obnoxious culture of cynicism.mtchewwwwwwwww
I am happy for you. You just learnt two new words. Yipee!
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by tempest01(m): 11:23am On Oct 01, 2014
I was just about to post this!!!
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by jamst(m): 11:23am On Oct 01, 2014
google is displaying our sufferness since 1960...and u ppl dey laugh *smh*
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Nobody: 11:24am On Oct 01, 2014
2ndOGA:

Check again. http://Google.com is infact celebrating it too.
Idrismusty97, 2ndoga, I see nothing like that o .
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Vikthor(m): 11:28am On Oct 01, 2014
Idrismusty97: It automatically redirects me to this link.
http://www.google.com.ng/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=KzwrVM-rPISe-wbB1YGgAg
.....duhhh!...coz u r located in naija...
Just change ur location
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Idrismusty97(m): 11:29am On Oct 01, 2014
Arva:
Idrismusty97, 2ndoga, I see nothing like that o .
Try this. http://www.google.com/doodles/nigeria-independence-day-2014
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by san316(m): 11:32am On Oct 01, 2014
Another ground breaking achievement of gej regime ryt?
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by kriskentos: 11:35am On Oct 01, 2014
Vessi:
Yeah enugu's yellow cab is sexy

Yea, but does it really represent Nigeria? What they used looks more creative and significant to Nigeria and d best we can do is appreciate it. I think I like the concept tho. BRT in Lagos and Enugu yellow cab might be more beautiful but it won't do justice to truly representing us.

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by jamst(m): 11:40am On Oct 01, 2014
yettybaby112: Is that not GEJ inside the yellow bus
yeske! It is him,dont u knw dat jonathan is a laughing stock

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by taosola(m): 11:41am On Oct 01, 2014
boladez: I am very unhappy that the world sees us like this. They are better things in Nigeria. These modes of transportation are not only shameful but not sustainable for the 21st century.

The Doodle used by Google is rather ridiculous and derogatory. It does not respect and represent our dear country. I hereby present my choice of DOODLE as the following:

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by stevecantrell: 11:42am On Oct 01, 2014
Idrismusty97: It is only "Google.com.ng" celebrating it. "Google.com" isn't.

G B A M

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by EldaTimba(m): 11:42am On Oct 01, 2014
Iamsynord: is that not GEJ in the Front of the Danfo ?? holding the flag in d danfo ??
I thought I was the only one observing that caricature
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Nobody: 11:45am On Oct 01, 2014
hahahaha.

Even google sabi say d easterners dey drive better car pass others.

Am still laughing at housa and bicycle.
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 01, 2014
Sagamite:

You don't know your country is embarrassing?

You want the world to hide the embarrassment for you?
are u insane? angry all I'm saying is that they could have used a better picture! every country has something..u knw ... local. they wouldn't like it if that's what Google uses! they are better ways. listen Mr whatever Ur name is, if you don't understand what someone is saying, I'd suggest u tame that Lil finger of urz that's itching to press 'quote' to quote the person o.k.a.y?? angry
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by hizaya61(m): 12:00pm On Oct 01, 2014
is that gonna get me a good job, better wife, fame etc ?
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by stevecantrell: 12:08pm On Oct 01, 2014
starlike: The fact that Google recognised Nigeria is laudable, but the caricature dose not go down well with me.

https://www.nairaland.com/1927945/why-did-google

The caricature was done by a Nigerian designer in Google Lagos office. Funny, aint it ?
Nigerians, mocking themselves since 1960.
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Nobody: 12:08pm On Oct 01, 2014
CAN SOME FREE RECHARGE CARDS IN THIS SIMPLE CONTEST: http://a.pgtb.me/12ZxCd

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by qleap2all(m): 12:09pm On Oct 01, 2014
very hilarious! If for 54 years Nigeria has only being transformed to keke,
danfo and okada thenwhither the development when other nations have
developed safe and efficient #railway system.Then we need a #Change
thanks to PDP revolution
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by BankuTilapia2: 12:10pm On Oct 01, 2014
Mumu nation

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by DMilanista: 12:14pm On Oct 01, 2014
AC Milan also tweeted a congratulatory message to Nigeria.

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by tuffgongjo(m): 12:14pm On Oct 01, 2014
StealthyMe: Those three modes of transport grin explains lots in details without saying a thing!

Google definitely have to celebrate Nigeria; we keep them in business ( with questions like 'the new cooker wey Mama Nkechi just buy,abeg how much e cost ; i know say na lie she been dey lie') ...lol grin
Proudly Nigerian...
This cracked me up like kilode
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by deesmom(f): 12:25pm On Oct 01, 2014
I agree that the image may not be as appealing as we would have loved it to be , but lets appreciate what we were given and make an individual pledge to do whatever it will take to ensure that Nigeria gets better and then we can all be sure to get a better representation come october 2015 and please, enough of Yoruba in the marwa or Igbo in the keke, please for once lets address ourselves as Nigerians.
There is beauty in our diversity. God bless Nigeria .
Good people,Great nation would only be a reality if we try to be good people first.
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Nobody: 12:26pm On Oct 01, 2014
Every country is always celebrated by Google on its independence. It's not just Nigeria.
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Nobody: 12:28pm On Oct 01, 2014
timilehing: What a caricature!! Keke NAPEP, Danfo & Okada undecided
where u expecting Lamborghini?

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Nobody: 12:31pm On Oct 01, 2014
?
EroticAngelina: are u insane? angry all I'm saying is that they could have used a better picture! every country has something..u knw ... local. they wouldn't like it if that's what Google uses! they are better ways. listen Mr whatever Ur name is, if you don't understand what someone is saying, I'd suggest u tame that Lil finger of urz that's itching to press 'quote' to quote the person o.k.a.y?? angry
timilehing: What a caricature!! Keke NAPEP, Danfo & Okada undecided
where u expecting Lamborghini? sori mam..buh he didn't mean any harm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

New Police Car Already Bashed Less Than One Week After It Was Purchased. Photos / Sunday Igboho: I Can Fight Boko Haram Without Government Support / Millionaires Flee As IPOB Takes Over Nnewi South