Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,666 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:46 PM

Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? (53170 Views)

Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: / Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why / Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by MadCow1: 7:19am On Oct 02, 2014
Observations of a Mad Cow.. Why are most of the responses on this thread so far gender bias towards the women? The title didn't specify single mothers, it said "someone who has a child".. Even the female respondents are ignoring the single fathers and focusing on single mothers like they are lesbians. grin

I guess the trend of the responses speaks a great deal about our overall mentality as a people towards single parents which is;

Single Father = acceptable..
Single Mothers = taboo..

Just an observation.. But it's none of my business..

11 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by grandstar(m): 7:22am On Oct 02, 2014
There are 2 types of single mothers:those who have kids we can see and those who have kids only god can see.The question is whom do we prefer?Majority of girls would be single moms if there was no abortions. The world is full of hypocrisy. Matt 7:1-4

8 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by khiaa(f): 7:28am On Oct 02, 2014
free2ryhme: If all keeping specifying the kind of single mother they want to marry with specific qualities and xter my question remains if you eventually find the woman with all these why can't she with all the right qualities and xter maintain her current marriage with her child's father? Except her husband is late which is an exception.

The topic is about single mothers who have never been married.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by IdomaLikita: 7:28am On Oct 02, 2014
Few things we must note:
1. The Child is Innocent
2. The Mum had a Choice, but chose to bear the stigma
3. Its Weird down here and can be difficult!
4. What's Life without Challenges?

So yes I can!

6 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by timilehing(m): 7:28am On Oct 02, 2014
Hell no!!
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Ishilove: 7:30am On Oct 02, 2014
Of course I can. Are they not human beings?
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Lexusgs430: 7:32am On Oct 02, 2014
Love conquers all. It takes maturity and understanding to embark on this position.
Been a single parent could happen on varying levels. Accidental, widowed, physical or domestic abuse in past relationship etc etc etc
Everyone deserves a second or third chance. Anybody could become a single parent, due to circumstances, they had no control over.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Nobody: 7:32am On Oct 02, 2014
There is a reason she is a baby mama to someone,that reason can't be fulfilled with me.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by tellwisdom: 7:35am On Oct 02, 2014
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Revolva(m): 7:36am On Oct 02, 2014
Am having affection for two babes and discovered they have kids ....I tire..two of dem....they r really nice to me...
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:36am On Oct 02, 2014
I'm indifferent. A single mother (that got a child outside wedlock) is not different from any other girl. Some other girls like her without children do what got her pregnant - sèx, just that they don't get pregnant probably due to caution and contraceptives. From what I've seen, a large number of those that get pregnant are not as sexùally active as some without children. This inexperience or lack of precaution makes them to easily fall victims of single motherhood.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Fourwinds: 7:37am On Oct 02, 2014
ericessien24: HELL NO, it disgust me a lot cos il be imagining the reason she is not with her man,baby daddy,

will she leave me too
most of them are dirty
imagine small me being step father
the real daddy will come for his baby after youv spent all ur life on the baby
will she still not be loving the baby daddy.

I have a lot to consider.I can't even try it.if she lies and I marry her even after 20 yrs il stil leave her.
a very good one. I have seen dis reason playing out itself. I'm a witness to it. very dicey situation
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Nobody: 7:38am On Oct 02, 2014
MadCow1: Observations of a Mad Cow.. Why are most of the responses on this thread so far gender bias towards the women? The title didn't specify single mothers, it said "someone who has a child".. Even the female respondents are ignoring the single fathers and focusing on single mothers like they are lesbians. grin

I guess the trend of the responses speaks a great deal about our overall mentality as a people towards single parents which is;

Single Father = acceptable..
Single Mothers = taboo..

Just an observation.. But it's none of my business..
My dear you took the words right out of my mouth, some pips are screaming hell no, cos dey haven't even reached d age of courting talk more of marriage so dey should save it till dey get there, I bliv who wears d shoe shuld know were it pinches him, to me I bliv its the situation, maybe he or she is divorced with kids b4, in dis case deres nofin wrong if u both reach an agreement I've seen people do it, in nigeria I don't want to mention d tribe dey do it a lot even with 2 -3 kids and dey r happy so why r we making a mountain out f nothing.
If the male or female had d child out f wedlock I still see nofin wrong, cos even without kids broken home is bound to happen if it will. Well am a PROUD single mum, had my son as a teen, am stil young and will get married anytime soon, I've neva had any issues wit any guy cos f my son, mayb because I know how to package myself nd I know my priorities nd wat am supposed to do in a rel, I know wen to show d guy love nd wen to give it to my son,I don't carry any stigma on my head cos I don't luk @ maself as a cast away cos am way more sexier dan those without kids and I don't lie abt my status(men like those who tell d truth) I also don't carry all his responsibility on anyone, nd no one has wanted to run from me cos of my son, so I say it depends on d persons involved, wen u r in it u can have a smooth relationship like me. Thank u
Pls don't quote me cos I will not reply u

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Nobody: 7:38am On Oct 02, 2014
AdeniyiA: At least it shows her fertility, how do you explain a lady who had had several unprotected intimacy not having a baby, it's either she's done abortions or she's infertile, either way what's d assurance she'd be able to conceive when married /
...this is just hypothetical reasoning.without being rude,most ladies abort.her being a baby mama is her trademark.single guys can't cope with a lady with kid-it's worse than you know...
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by khiaa(f): 7:40am On Oct 02, 2014
DWJOBScom: I was going to scream a loud "NO" after reading a lot of comments here somehow I feel I don't have to right to judge a book by it's cover and won't look down on anyone's comments or decision.
A lot might have made her "baby mama" "single with a kid" etc as stated by Mad Cow but I stick with the caution maintained by safari(watch out for a lot of things like loyalty, love etc)
I will marry with all the caution and "watch out" loud on alarm screen.

#my thoughts

So you would marry her but you wouldn't trust her? sad
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by prowlG: 7:41am On Oct 02, 2014
She will wait for me to go and give birth first and then come back to marry.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Samuel124(m): 7:43am On Oct 02, 2014
http:///k95t6ab Hello goodday to u all my fellows, i have found a great news for you, I just found the best site for match making,jokes,educations and mostly u can be connected to your old time friends and you can also enjoy free airtime when you join,and connect with students. i have tried the website and its working. Just visit this link http:///o5g6nmq
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Fourwinds: 7:45am On Oct 02, 2014
Safari29:

my friend think about it. Again think deep about it. It is difficult. It is not meant for a young guy. Am talking from experience. U are going to be third on her priority list. U are definately going to marry her with her kid. her kid must like you. You are going to make her happy almost every time because if u don't u ll be resented. if she is smarter than you pls forget it. most of them are pathetic because of their past and dont have a heart. If she is supportive and u know genuinely that she loves u (not just I love u I love you too)then I wish u the best. I know you have butterfly in ur tommy now wait till you guys are in bad terms. then u know if she really loves u or not
yeah. a friend of mine dated a girl from such home. d mother didn't make matters better. married to prof. and her daughter wasn't his. d mum is so proud and d girl saw dese traits and imbibed them too. even d man's family couldn't come into d house. menhhh. oboy dat girls for use my friend head chop coco nut.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by jaxxy(m): 7:48am On Oct 02, 2014
Yungwizzzy: [size=70pt]No[/size]

Seal dated and married Heidi klum when she Ws heavily pregnant with anoda mans baby(her ex) So it's possible if there's Real Love.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by donbigboy(m): 7:52am On Oct 02, 2014
Safari29: hmm dating a single mother is so easy and u Wd enjoy it in the short run. But marrying a single mother needs maturity no be beans. U ll face alot of challenges. alot of things u can't take. Most single mothers are not loyal. if shes the outgoing type u break her heart she leaves in a giffy. I once dated one with marriage prospect. all her friends are guys I knew we won't last
what you just wrote applies to 98 percent of single mother's out there !!! Very unfortunate ! Been there and don that, it doesn't worth the headache! Let NO one deceive anybody, above is what you are going to experience in the life of 98 percent of our single mother's out there !!!
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by abworld6deep(m): 7:52am On Oct 02, 2014
Why not? So far the reasons behind it has been clarified. And proper adjustment were made. I knew it takes a matured and reserved someone to date or marry one of them. Sincerely we still some good ones outside there.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by bennygreat1(m): 7:52am On Oct 02, 2014
Safari29:

my friend think about it. Again think deep about it. It is difficult. It is not meant for a young guy. Am talking from experience. U are going to be third on her priority list. U are definately going to marry her with her kid. her kid must like you. You are going to make her happy almost every time because if u don't u ll be resented. if she is smarter than you pls forget it. most of them are pathetic because of their past and dont have a heart. If she is supportive and u know genuinely that she loves u (not just I love u I love you too)then I wish u the best. I know you have butterfly in ur tommy now wait till you guys are in bad terms. then u know if she really loves u or not

So so on point Sir... I mean very CORRECT. Here's the answer@op.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by khiaa(f): 7:53am On Oct 02, 2014
Hishuula: I only pray for birth tru vigin* for my wife ,after birth it can never be the same again ..if you keep telling her its the same as before u re simply trying not to hurt her

If she has a cesarian birth it will truly be like before, no lying because no baby will pass through her va.gina.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Bigzig(m): 7:53am On Oct 02, 2014
Oh yes with love..i can seriously do

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by felifeli: 7:54am On Oct 02, 2014
databoy247: I have often been in hot conversations with other peeps, and most of them sound like it's a taboo to get married to a lady who has a child (maybe out of wedlock). It's usually cool when they as guys having one or two kids wants a lady to get married to them but when its the reverse, na war.

Wat's behind this mentality? And are single unmarried ladies who already have a child actually "bad" like the society paint the picture? Am not a traditionalist so i really dont discriminate but my peeps sometimes see me as someone who have "lost it" cos i dont see anything wrong with single ladies (with a kid). Your views pls....

Only if you are desperate for a wife ... or you also are a single father
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by MizMyColi(f): 7:54am On Oct 02, 2014
databoy247: wow.....lotsa comments. Where are the ladies naw? grin

I presume this is an FP topic? Haven't checked just yet.

Hmmmmmmmmm

I'm not a single MoM, So I wouldn't know how to reply this without a bias of sorts.
Hmmmm.......

There are some parallels to consider here.

I'll put myself in the shoes of a man here.
I'll ask myself these questions.

1. Does the child like me?
2. Do I love this woman (not the feeling kind of love, I'm talking bou the DECISION kinda love.)
3. What's her background like?
4. If she took in as a result of promiscuity, is she a better person now or striving towards becoming better?
5. Am I good for her?
6. Am I willing to treat the child(ren) like they are mine whether or not she concieves for me?
7.Does she love me.
8. Can she................... lipsrsealed

If I were a Man, My reply would be Yes. All things being equal.
I can marry a single Father too, if he's not above 35

Errmm, that's my 2Rand.
Hope that's somewhat coherent......
Listening to my favorite music and deepthinking on matters like this aren't my strongest suit.

Goodmorning smiley
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Fourwinds: 7:55am On Oct 02, 2014
Jarchi:
No No No Yes,my yes is of 25percent xcept on reasonable ground,but why can't they marry the fada's child is still my question
dats d question. what went wrong. dose of u who are saying....I can, ...no problem... until u are able to find answers to dese questions don't play any stunt here. before a hawk picks its prey., its first of all narrow down its gaze., with everything being equal., it comes swiftly and grab without missing
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by hayoakins(m): 7:58am On Oct 02, 2014
No comment

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by khiaa(f): 8:00am On Oct 02, 2014
lepasharon: Black women have the highest incidence of abortion in America and yet STILL are the race with the most kids out of wedlock ! What do they want?

Jheezzz undecided

We are talking about single mothers period, no particular race or country. Jeeeez!!!
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by lakefist(m): 8:01am On Oct 02, 2014
All this nairaland teens dat are not ripe for any marriage are just commenting base on their shallow experience.
I fear for many guys saying hell No because u neva know where u will fjnd happiness and peace.Marriage goes beyond marrying a single mother or not.
If not for abortion 90%of ladies would av been a single mother.
I will marry a single lady if am in love with one.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by khiaa(f): 8:05am On Oct 02, 2014
Atmmachine: [b][/b] I HATE NIGERIANS.
You can't marry someone who has a child ??

You don't hate Nigerians.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Nobody: 8:06am On Oct 02, 2014
hmmmm, depends. if the mother of his child is still alive, then nooooowayy!!! if she's dead, cool, I can consider him coz of the love we have. I'm a christian, and marrying a divorcee is a sin ;( and there are lots of challenges! especially with the child..... u knw that saying that the second wife always maltreats the first wife's kid... some wife's don't maltreat their husbands kid from his first wife, but becoz the child is pained, he or she makes it seem so. another problem, he might still be in love with his ex. its better u just marry a fresh meatwink .....but love is a mysterious thing. u can fall in love with any type of man.. yeah, love is a bitch!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

If She Tells You She Had An Abortion / She Told Me She Was Engaged, Now She Wants Me To Marry Her / Five Funny Styles Nigerian Guys Use To Toast A Woman(find Yours)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.