Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,049 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (216) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1225576 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 6:35pm On May 08, 2015
BuddahMonk:
Am not critizing Innoson i love the brand name asmuch as i love the product but he should try and make the company have the same outlook Ford, Suzukis and Hondas of this world have, what does it cost, why is he yet to be planning on how to be listed on the stock market?

See Ifeanyi Uba is least wealthy omanbala i admire his style.
You mentioned Iwuanyanwu, if i were around then i will still criticize it, so what happened to Abiola Babes, OUK, Udoji, Jasper, et al and all these accidental bigmen with pot belly owned clubs

these are clubs that lack integration with the society, am a brand manager and i know what it means to run different orgs and how to project them to the audience.

Sports clubs all over the world are integrated and part and parcel of the host community that is where they get their fanbase, loyalties, supports, investments from.
You hardly see an Enugwu resident that support Enyimba and rarely see an Aba person that support Heartland who is not from Imo State, if this club is named Nnewi or Anaedo believe me many Nnewi people will come out en masse to identify with it.

How can i support a club with an individual's name for self glorification and chestbeating, this is not even a club yet though i will be mistakenly calling it that for the time being.

Dont you see Ice Cube or Game wearing Raiders or Lakers apparels, Common or Lupe Fiasco will only be wearing Bulls or Bears, while in NY people follow the yankees, rangers, jets, knicks and the Gaints....these clubs will increase your love and patroitism for your city that is one of the philosophies.
We need to learn from them abeg, we need it, lets stop exhibiting stiffneck in everything.
I was born in Onicha and i love and respect the city of my birth, if want to show off my royalty i will buy apparels from clubs that integrate the city in their outlook and brand building not one big man that is trying to show off his wealth.

Tomorrow now if Ifeanyi Uba get nnukwu ugba for biz or image it will affect the club because it was built around an individual not a city, town or state.

Iji okwu nwanne.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 7:42pm On May 08, 2015
asha80:
there is a belief he is not engaged in enough projects

Human desires are insatiable. The man is doing his bit but but I know the dwindling feds allocation will catch up with him soon or later,except if he has other plans. Save for Peter Obi who saved money for Anambra in hard currency Obiano would have had a rough start. This is why I said anybody who is insulting Obi is an enemy of Anambra.

8 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by SUBWAY101(m): 9:38am On May 09, 2015
Watch out. I greet you Buddahmonk and Chino, we are coming to visit here soon.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by oneeast: 9:57am On May 09, 2015
General, this is against the Treaty/Accord we all signed in Addis-Ababa 2yrs ago.

Check your email ASAP!

SUBWAY101:
Watch out. I greet you Buddahmonk and Chino, we are coming to visit here soon.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by SUBWAY101(m): 10:03am On May 09, 2015
[s]
oneeast:

General, this is against the Treaty/Accord we all signed in Addis-Ababa 2yrs ago.

Check your email ASAP!

[/s]

Who the Bleep is general? You have agreement with scatter and not me. You and your men think you are smart, you continue to hide under new handle to cause trouble and think we are fools. Lets continue to play the game as you and Buddahmonk have been doing.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 4:53pm On May 09, 2015
SUBWAY101:
[s][/s]

Who the Bleep is general? You have agreement with scatter and not me. You and your men think you are smart, you continue to hide under new handle to cause trouble and think we are fools. Lets continue to play the game as you and Buddahmonk have been doing.

Look,take your madness and f.oolishness out of here or you will get banned and your comments deleted. Be warned!

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 8:02pm On May 09, 2015
We shall continue to lead the pack in all facets of development..

Schematics:
Anambra excels in education again, clinches 1st position in ANCOPSS Quiz, … Retains title for keeps

Anambra State has continued to show its leading position in the field of education in Nigeria with the latest information revealing that students of the State posted excellent performances in the just-concluded 2015 All Nigeria Confederation of Principals of Secondary Schools (ANCOPSS) Quiz competition organized for Nigerian students.

The State represented by Master Umeh Anthony Nnaemeka of Igwebuike Grammar School Awka came tops in this year’s ANCOPSS Quiz Competition organized for all schools in Nigeria as a way of enhancing academic performance of students.

By the excellent performance of Master Umeh, Anambra State retains the cup for keeps, being the 3rd consecutive time students from the State are winning the cup.

ANCOPSS organizes the Quiz and Essay competitions yearly for competition by all schools in the nation as a way of enhancing academic performance of students.

In the Essay competition of the same ANCOPSS Competition, Miss Okoro Chiazagom Emmanuella of Queen of the Rosary College, Onitsha (Q.R.C) Onitsha took the 2nd position.

Normally, the ANCOPSS competition starts from the various states at the Local Government Area level, then 1st position winners move to compete at State level, from where they move to compete at Zonal level and from the six geopolitical Zones, the national competitors emerge.

Reacting to the outstanding performance of students from the State in the Quiz and Essay competitions, governor Obiano restated the commitment of his administration to continue to improve on infrastructure and manpower in the schools at all levels.

Recall that governor Obiano was welcomed into office in early 2014 with the news of successful performances of candidates from the State who recorded first position among all the states in the country whose candidates took the 2013 National Examinations Council (NECO).

The NECO success came barely a week after the West African Examinations Council (WAEC) statistics showed that Anambra State came first among all the states in the country whose students took the 2013 WASSCE.

http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/news/178731/1/anambra-excels-in-education-again-clinches-1st-pos.html

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Zonacom(m): 8:18pm On May 09, 2015
Schematics:
We shall continue to lead the pack in all facets of development..

Not surprised. Anambra adibago mma
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 8:23pm On May 09, 2015
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Macelliot7(m): 8:59pm On May 09, 2015
FKO81:
All parts of Anambra are construction sites
More from Onitsha.

I commend your work....
I wanted to quote you with my real account "Macelliot" but found out that I was banned for some days by a mod.......
I want you to remove some irrelevant pictures and replace them with this ones....
Let me post it inorder to make it easy....

Weldone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by SUBWAY101(m): 8:00am On May 10, 2015
OdenigboAroli:

Look,take your madness and f.oolishness out of here or you will get banned and your comments deleted. Be warned!

Your useless father is the foolish one, you just love throwing insult around you cursed little child. Your big head is empty and just for decoration, even the cursed buddahmonk is better than you. Fool.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ACM10: 9:10am On May 10, 2015
Macelliot7:

I commend your work....
I wanted to quote you with my real account "Macelliot" but found out that I was banned for some days by a mod.......
I want you to remove some irrelevant pictures and replace them with this ones....

Weldone.
Those pictures look like a throwback. l guess it was taken during Mbadinuju's time.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 9:37am On May 10, 2015
[size=16pt]What does Peter Obi really want?[/size] cc Buddamonk, 9inches

The political tug of war going on between former governor Peter Obi and his successor, Chief Willie Obiano, the governor of Anambra State has continued to

astound many observers. Coming against the backdrop of the former governor’s assurances of non-interference when he handed over power in March last year, the raging face-off between the two brothers remains a curiosity to people who had hoped that finally, Anambra had shrugged off the usual ego clashes between her leading citizens. That this needless ego clash has continued to fester against wise counsels and endless interventions by their mutual friends speaks to the deeper psychological inadequacies that characterize the lives of public servants in Nigeria.

In this case though, Mr. Obi seems to be the guilty party. After wrestling power from the strong men whose sole purpose of seeking political power was for personal enrichment and setting a record as the first governor to successfully hand over power to his anointed candidate, expectations were understandably high on Peter Obi. Many people had hoped that Obi would ascend to a higher grace; that he knew too well the cost of war to offer his successor peace. Many people had wished that Obi’s unassuming nature and loud simplicity would dictate his attitude to life after service. Alas, they were all wrong. It soon became clear that Obi was only willing to relinquish the office but not the power. The former governor has continued to act as though he is the alternate governor of Anambra State; stage-managing public functions for himself across the state where he is either flagging off a project or commissioning a new one with fanfare and robust media coverage. Obi’s recent visit to St Augustine’s Primary and Secondary School, Nkpor is one instance that stands out as not only unwise but needlessly provocative.

As was reported by Valentine Obienyem, his media aide who is infernally drawn to intrigues, Mr. Obi has visited at least one school a month since he left office. Obienyem, irredeemably obsequious and always eager to go beyond his master’s brief, garnished his narrative with misguided allusions to “costly wines and Epicurean indulgences.” But the point here really is not about costly wines and lifestyles but about Mr. Obi’s new found love for philanthropy, which has prompted the rhetorical question – Is Saul also among the prophets? Seriously, is Obi, a man famous for his tight-fist also, among the emergency philanthropists? Okay. For the sake of argument, let’s agree that this particular Saul is now counted among the prophets; would it be asking for too much to suggest that this strange philanthropy be done in a silent, if not less offensive way? How about simply making a quite donation? Would Obi’s peculiar philanthropy amount to less if it is not turned into a state function? If he performs it in a way that makes it look a little less than an outright eye-ball contest with the man he handed over power to?

Beside the notion that Obi is hell bent on an avoidable head-on collision with his successor is also the sad narrative of the infuriating cold-shoulder he has given the man that he fought to install in office. Keen observers believe that the cold war between the duo began immediately after handover, when Obiano began to show unexpected confidence in his own ability. Obi had hoped that the ex-banker would be overwhelmed by the new challenge sooner than later and scurry back to him for guidance. When it didn’t happen, he decided to recoil from him, shunning all invitations to public functions in the state and avoiding open association with Obiano. But what got people talking was that when Obiano began to garner rave reviews from his sterling performance, Obi stood aloof and never for once said what people had hoped he would say to re-enforce the general perception of the man he had campaigned so intensely for. Obi’s silence and deliberate absence from state functions to which he was always duly invited left gaps in the new Anambra story for the public to fill with rumours and malicious speculations. If only Obi had deigned to say one pleasant thing about his successor, if only he had said a simple “I told you so.”

If Obi’s aloofness smacked of thinly veiled witch-hunt, his dogged campaign to drum home the fact that he handed over the sum of N75bn to his successor was simply curious. It is indeed curious that for one whole year, Obi and his battery of aides have turned this singular topic into a tragic refrain. The curiosity deepens when it is realized that at no point has Obiano raised questions about this “great” inheritance. And from the look of things, the state does not seem in imminent danger of bankruptcy. Salaries are not owed and other financial obligations have not gone bad. So, why is Obi suddenly anxious to shove this great legacy of his down our throats? Hello!

Be that as it may, whatever Obi has up his sleeve will show itself one day. Whatever that may be, one however hopes that unleashing his media aides to launch dirty calumny campaigns against Obiano as has been the case in the past six months is not a part of it. Nor the planting of moles in Obiano’s cabinet and living quarters to snitch on him and his wife. That is a low down dirty scheme that should not come from a venerated Knight. Truth be told, Val Obienyem’s “young” English and Stanley Chira’s (Mazi Odera) hilarious grunts on social media all in an effort to attack Obiano who they erroneously see as Obi’s enemy, come across as one more reason why Peter Obi may never be finally counted among the greats.

Already, questions are being asked about what Obi truly wants. Another term in office as governor? Already, there is a disquieting murmur that Obi who had a turbulent time in his eight years as governor is stricken with a strange malady that makes him fancy himself as the best thing to ever happen to Anambra State, preening and grandstanding in a hollow show of faux statesmanship. The fear is that this illness has reached an advanced stage where Obi now sees himself as the alternate governor of Anambra State, holding state functions with pompand pageantry. Fortunately, this is a bizarre psychological condition which has yet to show itself in any other ex-governor in Nigeria except Peter Obi.
http://www.absradiotv.com/index.php/commentary/1210-what-does-peter-obi-really-want
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 9:44am On May 10, 2015
Peter obi is the only ex governor in Nigeria grin grin grin grin

Already, questions are being asked about what Obi truly wants. Another term in office as governor? Already, there is a disquieting murmur that Obi who had a turbulent time in his eight years as governor is stricken with a strange malady that makes him fancy himself as the best thing to ever happen to Anambra State, preening and grandstanding in a hollow show of faux statesmanship. The fear is that this illness has reached an advanced stage where Obi now sees himself as the alternate governor of Anambra State, holding state functions with pompand pageantry. Fortunately, this is a bizarre psychological condition which has yet to show itself in any other ex-governor in Nigeria except Peter Obi.

say hello to the latest philanthropist in town, some people really don't have shame... cool

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 10:33am On May 10, 2015
ACM10:

Those pictures look like a throwback. l guess it was taken during Mbadinuju's time.
are you saying that's no longer the case? Especially ground pictures undecided
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:11am On May 10, 2015
They should try and do up those inner-city roads! Anyone with recent pics of those areas?

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 11:23am On May 10, 2015
Those are very old from 10-15yrs ago. Core areas of the city like GRA 1&2, Fegge, 3-3, Trans-Nkisi, Omoba 1&2, Inland Town, Housing etc, has good network of asphalted roads/streets. Even most of the inner streets in Awada like the Oraifite, Ezeiweka, and other adjoining streets has been fix. New areas that form the greater Onitsha like Ogbunike, Oba, Obosi etc.are even far better than this because infrastructures cuts through them. .

PROUDIGBO:
They should try and do up those inner-city roads! Anyone with recent pics of those areas?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 11:36am On May 10, 2015
Macelliot7:

I commend your work....

Weldone.
Thanks bro, I have more decent pictures I'll replace them next week, also pictures from Oba international market and Oil ring bridge.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 11:47am On May 10, 2015
[quote brohor=Macelliot7 post=33581588]
I commend your work....

Weldone.[/quote]

Thanks bro, I'll replace them with more decent pictures by next week also upload pictures from ongoing projects, oil ring bridge and Oba international market.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:03pm On May 10, 2015
SUBWAY101:

Your useless father is the foolish one, you just love throwing insult around you cursed little child. Your big head is empty and just for decoration, even the cursed buddahmonk is better than you. Fool.

You are nothing but a coward. Didn't you say you were gonna ruin this thread?? Nigga,I am waiting for you !!

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:08pm On May 10, 2015
Macelliot7:

I commend your work....

Weldone.

I don't know your intention for posting these disgusting pictures but I will advice you to get a quality camera, go down to Anambra and get us the most recent pictures. Otherwise,don't even bother about posting here. We are satisfied with what Frankie,Chino and co has done so far.

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnambraDota: 3:18pm On May 10, 2015
Pita Obi want nothing except good governace, its Obiano that is fighting imaginary enemy, Obiano is busy sponsoring anti Obi campaign everywhere but you rarely hear anything from Obi.

Obiano stop thinking by fighting Obi he will become relevant, tell him nobody knows him, if he failed we blame Obi, if he succeded we praise Obi.

Obiano is secondary to us.

FreeGlobe:

http://www.absradiotv.com/index.php/commentary/1210-what-does-peter-obi-really-want

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Macelliot7(m): 3:23pm On May 10, 2015
OdenigboAroli:

I don't know your intention for posting these disgusting pictures but I will advice you to get a quality camera, go down to Anambra and get us the most recent pictures. Otherwise,don't even bother about posting here. We are satisfied with what Frankie,Chino and co has done so far.
I'm in Anambra...
Those pics up there are my street...I took the first five with my Andriod phone while some of the others with my Nokia phone....
Do you mean there are no quality pics in there?
It's not a fighting matter... I'm just trying to help......
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by 9inches(m): 3:28pm On May 10, 2015
FreeGlobe:
We invited former Governor Peter Obi. On personal note, we don’t have any problem. He was three years my junior in school. He was my chairman at the bank. Honestly, his vote made me an executive director at Fidelity bank. He led the team that invited me to join his campaign. We are not fighting for anything. He chose to go to PDP and I am APGA. That is an ideological difference, that is the main problem. I can’t see him come here and say APGA people should vote for PDP.

We sent an IV to him in his house in Onitsha. He was there that evening. I want to assure you that on personal ground, we don’t have any problem but we have ideological problem because he believes that he has finished with APGA and APGA is gone. Then I assured him that under my watch APGA will be better and bigger than he left it. That is the motivation that moves me to do many things for APGA to prove a point that you cannot rock the boat that made you. You want to sink it as you leave so they can say you were in this party and when you left, it died.
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/my-differences-with-obi-obiano/#sthash.APLebVaq.dpuf
@bolded, time shall tell, with the way Umeh is running things with the party.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 3:29pm On May 10, 2015
The very first picture particularly is as old as Nairaland. I have known that picture for over 10yrs. If you can't get most recent pictures then there is no need. Udo!

Macelliot7:

I'm in Anambra...
Those pics up there are my street...I took the first five with my Andriod phone while some of the others with my Nokia phone....

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 3:44pm On May 10, 2015
School of Nursing at St. Charles Borromeo Hospital, Onitsha was commissioned yesterday..

Direct disbursement to the missions worked wonders in Anambra.

12 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OneNaira6: 3:54pm On May 10, 2015
To be honest, this is one of the main reason I like Anambra, Enugu and Akwa-Ibom post, they try to keep updating it. When people are silently advancing, they don't make so much noise. Unlike some people that will fill several pages with pictures of the same thing and the same street lamp signed off by Fashola.

Anyway, kudos to Chime, Akapabio and Obiano. They doing a good job excluding Akapabio, whose doing a great job.

12 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Kagame: 3:55pm On May 10, 2015
Macelliot7:

I'm in Anambra...

Dont be discouraged by the criticism.

Maybe you should get a good camera to enable you take better shots next time.

Thank you for your efforts and we look forward to seeing more pics from you.

Dalu!

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 4:02pm On May 10, 2015
AnambraDota:
Pita Obi want nothing except good governace, its Obiano that is fighting imaginary enemy, Obiano is busy sponsoring anti Obi campaign everywhere but you rarely hear anything from Obi.

Obiano stop thinking by fighting Obi he will become relevant, tell him nobody knows him, if he failed we blame Obi, if he succeded we praise Obi.

Obiano is secondary to us.

Buddamonk alias AnambraDota (never knew you are female tho), Peter obi is now irrelevant in the scheme of things in Anambra and Nigeria. Nobody knows him. We only know obiano. If Peter obi only wants good governance, he would have transformed Anambra in his 8 years locust reign but he was busy selling propaganda to the people for 8 years. Peter obi is jealous of obiano's achievements. According to you, we rarely hear anything from obi as if he is not aware of all the nonsense Valentine obienyem writes against the governor on the internet. Peter obi is not even secondary to us, he is irrelevant to us, he should go and face his 'Next' business before obiano publicly embarrasses him. I think the governor has respected him enough. Peter obi is not the only former governor in Nigeria.

I remember when we went wih Ngige to inspect the pedestrian bridge at unizik junction, which was awarded by Ngige, Peter obi was very bitter about it, today he is going about government schools dishing out checks from stolen funds

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by mike404(m): 4:29pm On May 10, 2015
Schematics:
Those are very old from 10-15yrs ago. Core areas of the city like GRA 1&2, Fegge, 3-3, Trans-Nkisi, Omoba 1&2, Inland Town, Housing etc, has good network of asphalted roads/streets. Even most of the inner streets in Awada like the Oraifite, Ezeiweka, and other adjoining streets has been fix. New areas that form the greater Onitsha like Ogbunike, Oba, Obosi etc.are even far better than this because infrastructures cuts through them. .

I GA AKABA ARU NA ETINYE FOTO KA ANYI WERE MARU NA IFE INA EKWU BU EZIOKWU

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 4:32pm On May 10, 2015
Schematics:
School of Nursing at St. Charles Borromeo Hospital, Onitsha was commissioned yesterday..

Nice and there is this other one at Nkpor and Ihiala with magnificent structures.
Onu na ekwutor Obi will perish!

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 4:35pm On May 10, 2015
Schematics:

Kudos! I saw another massive project at Iyi enu hospital Ogidi yet to be commission by Obiano, to be frank this guy is really doing great, Awka is changing every day, by the time this guy is through with his first tenure any candidate contesting against him is wasting his resources hooha!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.