Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:46 PM

Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle (22729 Views)

Biafra Comment: Benjamin Adekunle Daughter Gets Death Threats / Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. / Photos Of Gen. Benjamin Adekunle From The Nigerian Civil War (1967-1970) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Go Down)

Re: Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle by waternogetenemy: 12:20pm On Oct 04, 2014
Aigbofa:

Must he be internationally recognized? He was accorded a full military burial and that is what most soldiers get.
Everything else is ceremony.

Like every other soldier right, nothing special? grin

2 Likes

Re: Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle by Nobody: 12:20pm On Oct 04, 2014
asadike:
i undastand but he ended up commiting war crimes nd atrocities. Didnt obj,gowon nd danjuma fought d same war? Nw c how he ended up- sick, poverty stricken,eaten up by worms while stil alive,abandond by his people including u,yes u aigbofa. Karma is indeed a bitchy bitch.

Tales your uncle told you does not qualify as history.

2 Likes

Re: Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle by Nobody: 12:21pm On Oct 04, 2014
waternogetenemy:

Like every other soldier right nothing special? grin

Absolutely.

1 Like

Re: Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle by ChinemeOkpan: 12:22pm On Oct 04, 2014
0rlando0woh:

Is this supposed to be your original moniker?
Take your own advice.
Mine was banned.
I am still wating for evidence.
Lying coward.

Yes this is my Original Moniker- disprove it

U are an eddiot, u think u are talking to ur fellow fools.

Evidence will be provided when u post with your real handle

Your father is a coward

4 Likes

Re: Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle by waternogetenemy: 12:24pm On Oct 04, 2014
Aigbofa:

Absolutely.

Let me not hear Adekunle the great again from your mouth, becos he is just a common mutherfucker, a foot soldier like all other foot soldier, nothing special but everything worst in term of being a criminal and lacking in honour. wink

5 Likes

Re: Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle by asadike(f): 12:26pm On Oct 04, 2014
Aigbofa:

Tales your uncle told you does not qualify as history.
i agree wit u. U can nw dig up history nd educate me. Am a willing student sir.

2 Likes

Re: Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle by Nobody: 12:28pm On Oct 04, 2014
waternogetenemy:

Let me not hear Adekunle the great again from your mouth, becos he is just a common mutherfucker, a foot soldier like all other foot soldier, nothing special but everything worst.(criminal) wink

You don't understand. It is what he did that is really important. That is what made him great, not what happened after he died.

3 Likes

Re: Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 12:31pm On Oct 04, 2014
Aigbofa:

Can you please provide a precedent? Ojukwu was a governor and a politician, Adekunle was not.

But he wasn't a national hero. sb that almost tore the country apart shouldn't get more than sb who allegedly kept it together.
Gowon was missing bro

5 Likes

Re: Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle by waternogetenemy: 12:34pm On Oct 04, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:

But he wasn't a national hero. sb that almost tore the country apart shouldn't get more than sb who allegedly kept it together.
Gowon was missing bro

Please tell him... Tribalism has destroyed his senses... He does not want to see wat is right in front of him. grin

4 Likes

Re: Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle by BlackTechnology: 12:35pm On Oct 04, 2014
Michdear:
gowon was actually at mimiko birthday party in ondo yesterday,I guess that's why he couldn't come but actually why you people comparing adekunle with ojukwu,I guess ojukwu is high in rank than adekunle aside ojukwu is also a regional military leader back then while adekunlw was just one powerful military fighter,note:igbos hatred towards adekunle makes him more popular,there are more igbos who knw adekunle than yorubas,even a young kid from south east knows him than his/her yoruba mate.

Mimiko will always have birthdays till he dies but Adekunle's burial is once in eternity

Chai .

Gowon never said go bye to his boy

There is olodumare oooo

4 Likes

Re: Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 04, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Gowon was missing bro

Ojukwu was a governor and the leader of a break away region. Adekunle was strictly a soldier and was buried like one.

4 Likes

Re: Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle by waternogetenemy: 12:37pm On Oct 04, 2014
Aigbofa:

Ojukwu was a governor and the leader of a break away region. Adekunle was strictly a soldier and was buried like one.

hahahahahahahahahahaha!I dun laff fall for chair! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle by Nobody: 12:40pm On Oct 04, 2014
waternogetenemy:

hahahahahahahahahahaha!I dun laff fall for chair! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Was he a politician? He was not. Just a soldier.

3 Likes

Re: Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 12:41pm On Oct 04, 2014
Aigbofa:

From what you say of him, he was not just an ordinary soldier.
Gowon should have been there, adekunle helped him a lot during the war. more Yoruba politicians would have been there .
Achuzia was! a biafran officer and he is still important in Igbo land.
He is not poor at all.
If he dies, all eastern governors will be there.

6 Likes

Re: Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle by Nobody: 12:43pm On Oct 04, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:

From what you say of him, he was not just an ordinary soldier.
Gowon should have been there, adekunle helped him a lot during the war. more Yoruba politicians would have been there .
Achuzia was! a biafran officer and he is still important in Igbo land.
He is not poor at all.
If he dies, all eastern governors will be there.

That is not how it works in the military. If his commander in chief was a civilian he would have done his Job the same way.
He was a Nigerian hero not just a Yoruba hero. He even got a better deal than the pilot who was beheaded while serving Nigeria. At least he was not denied.
Re: Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 12:44pm On Oct 04, 2014
BlackTechnology:

Mimiko will always have birthdays till he dies but Adekunle's burial is once in eternity

Chai .

Gowon never said go bye to his boy

There is olodumare oooo

wait!
Gowon was actually in SW yesterday and he chose a mere birthday to the burial of his servant?!!!
Now, this is the height of it

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 12:46pm On Oct 04, 2014
Aigbofa:

That is not how it works in the military. If his commander in chief was a civilian he would have done his Job the same way.
poor defence, burial was too low key for his purported achievements.

No Yoruba dignitaries except fash.
I give up
no media coverage.
He kept going to Abuja during obj time, begging for money, yet, nothing.
He openly confessed the children he killed kept disturbing him, didn't he?

5 Likes

Re: Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle by Nobody: 12:47pm On Oct 04, 2014
[quote author=InyinyaAgbaOku post=26856879]
poor defence, burial was too low key for his purported achievements.

No Yoruba dignitaries except fash.
I give up[/quote

Tell that to the families of the pilot who was completely denied.
Re: Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 12:49pm On Oct 04, 2014
[quote author=Aigbofa post=26856915][/quote]
I don't know of any pilot, please don't shift grounds.

3 Likes

Re: Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 04, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:

wait!
Gowon was actually in SW yesterday and he chose a mere birthday to the burial of his servant?!!!
Gowon did not attend Ojukwu's burial so his presence at Adekunle burial is irrelevant. We know the silly excuse Gowon gave for not attending Ojukwu's burial.

1 Like

Re: Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 12:53pm On Oct 04, 2014
berem:
Gowon did not attend Ojukwu's burial so his presence at Adekunle burial is irrelevant. We know the silly excuse Gowon gave for not attending Ojukwu's burial.

I don't mind Gowon not attending, I mean, they are enemies.
In this case, we are talking about allies

6 Likes

Re: Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle by BlackTechnology: 12:55pm On Oct 04, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
We all know why Jonathan gave Ojukwu a state burial, to the extent of attending it personally - to get Ndigbo votes in 2011.

Election is around why didn't he attend it to win Yoruba votes.?

Answer

He knows he can use stomach infrastructure to win you guys vote who do not value your heroes but will lose Igbo votes who treat their heroes with respect

He knows Igbos collectively are more reliable than Yorubas who are easily bought over with bags of rice

7 Likes

Re: Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle by Nobody: 12:58pm On Oct 04, 2014
BackDatAssUp:
God Punish the useless bastard mod that hid my post.

You did not see the outright display of hate and mockery of innocent children here but chose to delete my post.

As I said YORUBAS ARE THE PROBLEM.

Yorubas instituted corruption, nepotism and tribalism in the Civil Service after the civil war. The spoils of war dictated that they occupy the civil service. Guess how that turned out. If the Hausa/Fulani can be blamed for years of rot because they occupied the top spot, the Yorubas should bear full responsibility as well because they were the technocrats and civil servants.

Yorubas Pioneered drug trafficking in the 70's and they are still heavily invovled in it. While other tribes can't be exempted from this form of criminality and National image tainting, the Yorubas are by far more shameless in the game as majority of drug couriers invovle respected personalities within the Yoruba society. Assiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu started off as a drug mule and then rose to be a major drug traffiker. Even the demograph of drug mules till this day reflect the corrupt mentality of the Yoruba people with Middle aged women and men and celebrities forming the bulk of traffickers from that region. In essence, the Yoruba middle and upper class have more drug tainted individuals than other tribes. This is in stark opposite to the average young hustler from the east stereotype hoping to eke a livelihood.

Yorubas are also known for armed robberies, serial rapists, touts, gangsterism and ritual killings. The self description of a sophisticated race is nothing but a myth. Yoruba politicians are touts and quick to use violence to attain power. Compare the Osun elections to that of Anambra. There were over 10 candidates of significant weight and sway in the Anambra elections but not a single case of political violence or death was recorded in the build up to the election. Compare that to the Osun elections with cases of violence and recorded deaths over some back water voodoo enclave position. The police intercepted some government sponsored touts from Osun who where sent to cause mayhem. They are still rotting in jail as I type.

Here are a list of some other notable Yoruba cultural contributions to Nigeria;

1. Omonile (a bunch of lazy touts claiming indegene harassing property developers for money)

2. Face me I face you architecture. 20 rooms with one toilet.

3. Pure water retailing

4. Tap water retailing.

5. Pomo

6. Danfo and Molue

7. Motor Park touts. Virtually all the touts in Abuja are Yorubas from Osun. Go figure.

8. Ritual killings and voodoo. Hardly is there not any venture a yoruba man does not refer to his voodoo for assistance. Be it wooing a woman or keeping her in check (magun), getting a promotion or getting rid of the competition.

9. Yorubas have the highest GDP of Bastards. Ask Tuface. With 4 baby mamas, 3 are yoruba. Tuface did well to marry the lone calabar girl. Almost all scandals involve yoruba women and hardly is there any celebrity who has a child out of wedlock whose babymama isnt yoruba.

10. Yorubas are dirty. This is not debatable as this is obviously fact.

11. Yorubas invented child hawking.

12. Yorubas use children to beg

13. Yoruba men and women have the highest case of infidelity and divorce.

14. Yorubas destroyed Britain and Ireland with their welfare claiming lazy bums.

grin. This guy is high on his own poop.

2 Likes

Re: Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle by BlackTechnology: 12:59pm On Oct 04, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:

wait!

So you don't know

They used him and dumped him

I pity Tinubu because the same fate awaits him just like Awo Diya Afonja etc

8 Likes

Re: Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle by Nobody: 1:00pm On Oct 04, 2014
GeneralScatter:

Igbo goat, shut up.

This is where your bastadry was confirmed.

You son of your lanlord I am a proud Urhobo man

After the way una dey mis yarnb against Bros Jay and ND as a whole we don realize say una portion no pass jealousy

Taju omo ale

5 Likes

Re: Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle by waternogetenemy: 1:06pm On Oct 04, 2014
berem:

Testimony! Ojukwu the relevant and Adekunle the irrelevant... Testify!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFBZkWA4dTE

1 Like

Re: Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 04, 2014
BlackTechnology:

Election is around why didn't he attend it to win Yoruba votes.?

Answer

He knows he can use stomach infrastructure to win you guys vote who do not value your heroes but will lose Igbo votes who treat their heroes with respect

He knows Igbos collectively are more reliable than Yorubas who are easily bought over with bags of rice
yorubas are the ab0kis of the south

7 Likes

Re: Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle by Nobody: 1:11pm On Oct 04, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
We all know why Jonathan gave Ojukwu a state burial, to the extent of attending it personally - to get Ndigbo votes in 2011.

I wonder why ibos are comparing adekunle to ojukwu. Why not compare ojukwu to obasanjo? That will make a better comparison.

Ojukwu is far more respected and worshipped by ibos than Adekunle could ever dream to get from any Yoruba, for him to even be acknowledged shows he was important to the Nigerian side of the war(not to Yoruba). He is just a brave Yoruba man doing his work but he's not a Yoruba saviour ojukwu was to ndigbo, please let this inane comparison stop.

3 Likes

Re: Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle by BlackTechnology: 1:12pm On Oct 04, 2014
BackDatAssUp:
yorubas are the ab0kis of the south

Gbam

3 Likes

Re: Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 04, 2014
Yoruba stupid1ty is not had to proove these days. Adekunle a war criminal that was withdrawn from the front by his own higher ups is a hero?

No wonder they have a misguided since of role models and hereos. Today it is that arch criminal and fraud they celebrate.

It is on record that Fela(peace be unto his blessed sou) was despised by these vipers. It took fela's death for these hypocrites to celebrate him.

As I said before yorubas are the problem.

GEJ should grant odua republic independence irrespective if they want it or not

Useless betrayal cowards

6 Likes

Re: Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle by ChinemeOkpan: 1:40pm On Oct 04, 2014
Chidozie aka Dozzybaba aka Yourhealthlabs

How are you?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15)

Burutai Moves Army Institute To His Hometown / Chicago State University Authenticates Tinubu's Certificate, Academic Records / Senate Approves Death Sentence For Kidnapping

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.