Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,460 members, 7,812,406 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:54 PM

Getting Engaged @19 - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Getting Engaged @19 (7319 Views)

Some Things You Need To Know About Your Partner Before Getting Engaged! / The Fear Of Getting Engaged... / Dating Before Getting Engaged: How Long? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting Engaged @19 by chimerase2: 10:57pm On Oct 06, 2014
Choi men sharp die cheesy
Different ways of killing a cat
If plan A no work plan B go work cheesy
Op easy de give amu cat kill remember u re sombody's future wife, dnt let amu widen dat ua Cat to an inelastic eluelu
Dats ma advice and advice no be curse angry
Re: Getting Engaged @19 by folameme(f): 11:00pm On Oct 06, 2014
Peterjosh:

Medicine after death..So so too late..You know,when u try to make shit a beauty,thats the case here..What is wrong can never be right unless if corrected. Sec and relationship are too far apart things..
Exactly,imagine she's jst 19 and she's that bold to say she's already had sex with her bf severally,i mean how do they gather that courage from?doesn't she feel guilty?wow!jst stop opening ur leg for a man that is not ur husband,have u no dignity or pride?hmmmmmm*sighs*

1 Like

Re: Getting Engaged @19 by MizMyColi(f): 11:10pm On Oct 06, 2014
folameme:
Exactly,imagine she's jst 19 and she's that bold to say she's already had sex with her bf severally,i mean how do they gather that courage from?doesn't she feel guilty?wow!jst stop opening ur leg for a man that is not ur husband,have u no dignity or pride?hmmmmmm*sighs*

You know normally, when I see people being bashed here, I'm always quick to come to the rescue or offer a word of encouragement.

For the first time on NL, I decided not to say anything.

I am indifferent.
Sometimes, people need to go the hard way to learn.

Unfortunately, I'm loosing my hard talking skills.

Ride on guys.

I'll come around later to do my part grin

[size=2pt]Tag: Ihedinobi2[/size]
Re: Getting Engaged @19 by Pervert1(m): 11:11pm On Oct 06, 2014
Funke4Jesuss:

It seems u are the boy she's talking about abi...
AMEBO
If you have a crush on me why not say it in private!
Re: Getting Engaged @19 by folameme(f): 11:11pm On Oct 06, 2014
Pervert1:
...and where in her comment did she say S.EX was a priority?
sorry bro,so u can advice ur lil sis to go and have premarital sex?#smh#
Re: Getting Engaged @19 by folameme(f): 11:14pm On Oct 06, 2014
3DCYCLOPS:

Like seriously...you think we believe you....msthw

"in charles inojie's voice" impossible
i wasn't tryna convince or persuade ok?that was ma opinion!
Re: Getting Engaged @19 by Funke4Jesuss(f): 11:15pm On Oct 06, 2014
Pervert1:
If you have a crush on me why not say it in private!
it is funny how everybody now think i have a crush on them. It is well o www.nairaland.com/1936441/she-always-reminds-me-she#26925103
Re: Getting Engaged @19 by Meggy007(f): 11:22pm On Oct 06, 2014
Crocz:
In this kind of situation, in where I come from, we usually ask Ifa...that dude is like the Know-All!...he's incredibly accurate and sh*t, he doesn't collect goats and palm oil...only a cowry, poor dude cry ...it's not even in use as a means of exchange no more cry

And hey, I mean those sh*t up there

ROTF.....hehehehehehehe.
Re: Getting Engaged @19 by Pervert1(m): 11:23pm On Oct 06, 2014
Funke4Jesuss:

it is funny how everybody now think i have a crush on them. It is well o www.nairaland.com/1936441/she-always-reminds-me-she#26925103
I was just kidding....but it would be kinda cool though.
Re: Getting Engaged @19 by Pervert1(m): 11:29pm On Oct 06, 2014
folameme:
sorry bro,so u can advice ur lil sis to go and have premarital sex?#smh#
nope. the deed is done,and It's not like premarital-sex education even helps anymore! some Teenagers feel fulfilled this way.

Inasmuch as I don't think it's right,I'm not against it. shaking your head doesn't change the fact that in all part of the world,premarital sex happens,and neither you nor I can stop it.don't crucify the young lady if you have not crucified the thousands in this country in the same act.
Re: Getting Engaged @19 by Crocz(m): 11:48pm On Oct 06, 2014
Meggy007:

ROTF.....hehehehehehehe.

Lolz...are you Yoruba?..if I may ask cry

And are you Meggy Bonds?...007? grin
Re: Getting Engaged @19 by folameme(f): 11:54pm On Oct 06, 2014
MizMyColi:

You know normally, when I see people being bashed here, I'm always quick to come to the rescue or offer a word of encouragement.

For the first time on NL, I decided not to say anything.

I am indifferent.
Sometimes, people need to go the hard way to learn.

Unfortunately, I'm loosing my hard talking skills.

Ride on guys.

I'll come around later to do my part grin

[size=2pt]Tag: Ihedinobi2[/size]
lolz,how are doing sugar?
Re: Getting Engaged @19 by RiffRaff: 12:04am On Oct 07, 2014
Dont Let anybody tell you that you are a child. Most people still get feed & sleep on their parent's chair @ age 30 in Naija. They term themselves "YOUNG boy/girl"
Let the hypocrites keep ranting about sex, most of them are not virgin either. They wil mouth off all form of crap online to look holy. Pay them no mind.
@ 22 most of d losers are probably still writting jamb. They cant wrap their brains around it that a man can be emotionally, physically and financially matured @ that age. Its the bane of a retrogressive society.
To the main issue @ hand:
Gettin engaged @ 19 is no big deal. It simply means ur Boyfriend knows wat he wants in life. Its a step in the right direction. U guys are both adults.
Are u certain he is the 1 u want to spend the rest of ur life with?
Is he the man you want to be the father of ur children?
Are u willin to walk the mile with him com rain, com sunshine or wateva life throws @ u? If all ur answer to the above question is YES! Then give it ur best shot.
An official engagement involving family members might be out of the question for now cuz of the kind of country (Nigeria) u live in.
Ur parents will probably not recieve the news too kindly. So u guys av to take things slow.
For now, a promise ring will do.
When u are on holiday, try inviting him over for family function or visit.
Drop subtle hint that he is the guy u are seeing, let him get familiar wit ur family. Get familiar wit his too. The more they see him around the better.
After a while u guys can take d bold step of a real engagement involving family members.
That being said dont lose sight of other priorities in ur life.
Education: Make sure u get good grades & chase ur dreams.
As for ur BF, let him take the time to build his career, Be supportive.
For d sex, u guys should keep usin protection and dont take things for granted.
When that time comes after ur family must have been aware of ur relationship. U guys can get engaged officially.
Age doesnt determine whether a Marriage will be successful or not. i know a lot of people who got married early and have a wonderful married life. Same as a lot of people who married late & their marriage hit the rock. There is no blueprint, every1 should get married when they deem it right as long as they have attained adult age of consent.
I wish you guys goodluck & all the joy and blessings that coms wit love.
Most people can only dream of the kind of love you have for Each other.

6 Likes

Re: Getting Engaged @19 by Hardheolar(m): 1:35am On Oct 07, 2014
RiffRaff:
Dont Let anybody tell you that you are a child. Most people still get feed & sleep on their parent's chair @ age 30 in Naija. They term themselves "YOUNG boy/girl"
Let the hypocrites keep ranting about sex, most of them are not virgin either. They wil mouth off all form of crap online to look holy. Pay them no mind.
@ 22 most of d losers are probably still writting jamb. They cant wrap their brains around it that a man can be emotionally, physically and financially matured @ that age. Its the bane of a retrogressive society.
To the main issue @ hand:
Gettin engaged @ 19 is no big deal. It simply means ur Boyfriend knows wat he wants in life. Its a step in the right direction. U guys are both adults.
Are u certain he is the 1 u want to spend the rest of ur life with?
Is he the man you want to be the father of ur children?
Are u willin to walk the mile with him com rain, com sunshine or wateva life throws @ u? If all ur answer to the above question is YES! Then give it ur best shot.
An official engagement involving family members might be out of the question for now cuz of the kind of country (Nigeria) u live in.
Ur parents will probably not recieve the news too kindly. So u guys av to take things slow.
For now, a promise ring will do.
When u are on holiday, try inviting him over for family function or visit.
Drop subtle hint that he is the guy u are seeing, let him get familiar wit ur family. Get familiar wit his too. The more they see him around the better.
After a while u guys can take d bold step of a real engagement involving family members.
That being said dont lose sight of other priorities in ur life.
Education: Make sure u get good grades & chase ur dreams.
As for ur BF, let him take the time to build his career, Be supportive.
For d sex, u guys should keep usin protection and dont take things for granted.
When that time comes after ur family must have been aware of ur relationship. U guys can get engaged officially.
Age doesnt determine whether a Marriage will be successful or not. i know a lot of people who got married early and have a wonderful married life. Same as a lot of people who married late & their marriage hit the rock. There is no blueprint, every1 should get married when they deem it right as long as they have attained adult age of consent.
I wish you guys goodluck & all the joy and blessings that coms wit love.
Most people can only dream of the kind of love you have for Each other.
d only reasonable contribution. . 1000likes

4 Likes

Re: Getting Engaged @19 by Emmandus(m): 2:07am On Oct 07, 2014
never be afraid to take action , do every thing with wisdom and be guided. Maturity is not in age, but ask yourself, can you two =, really handle the responsibilities that come with it. If you both can go for it!

1 Like

Re: Getting Engaged @19 by MizMyColi(f): 7:01am On Oct 07, 2014
folameme:
lolz,how are doing sugar?

I am fine Dear

Good morning Jare.

How far, the lady @topic, is she coming around?
Re: Getting Engaged @19 by MizMyColi(f): 7:05am On Oct 07, 2014
Hardheolar:
d only reasonable contribution. . 1000likes

Because he supports her having sex or because he actually made some sense bar the sex part.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Getting Engaged @19 by Hardheolar(m): 7:19am On Oct 07, 2014
MizMyColi:

Because he supports her having sex or because he actually made some sense bar the sex part.
Try to read through his response once again slowly cus dats not d only point raised and analyzed.

2 Likes

Re: Getting Engaged @19 by MizMyColi(f): 7:20am On Oct 07, 2014
Pervert1:
nope. the deed is done,and It's not like premarital-sex education even helps anymore! some Teenagers feel fulfilled this way.

Inasmuch as I don't think it's right,I'm not against it. shaking your head doesn't change the fact that in all part of the world,premarital sex happens,and neither you nor I can stop it.don't crucify the young lady if you have not crucified the thousands in this country in the same act.

I quite agree with you.
I think what irked Folameme and most of the people throwing jabs at her is that, she sees nothing wrong in/with doing so. Not really the fact that She's doing it.
You get? I quite agree that they were extremely harsh, but then, different strokes, different folks.

Besides, I think it's in order to make her see reasons, if I have the capacity to do good to One Single Person (Tautology), do I hold back simply because there are a million more who are in the exact same (Tautology again) position? And for obvious reasons, I couldn't possibly reach out to them?

These are my thoughts on the matter.

There is a spirit in man, the inspiration of the almighty (The Creator) gives him understanding, of what is right, of what is wrong.

I hate to sound "holier than thou" but then, I'll say it as it is.

SEX before marriage is wrong, very wrong and I don't wanna date a guy who doesn't share this belief, no, not again.

It is one thing to do a wrong thing and admit you've done wrong

[size=14pt]It is another thing, on an entirely different plane this time, to do a wrong thing and claim that it's okay (kini big deal).[/size]

imo, in that regard, it shows a person's conscience has been seared in hot iron.

If sex is what I need to keep my man in a relationship or part of what I need, then it is better I tell myself the truth, relationships aren't meant for me.
What am I saying sef.....the relationship is doomed already once sex is involved (please this is a personal opinion).

Look, I'm not condemning sex before marriage because my bible says so (I haven't opened the bible in close to a year).
You might say that I'm still being influenced by my former religion (to some extent, maybe)

But Y'see, there is this knowing, this knowing, its just there, I can't explain how it got there, but I believe that it's innate in all of us, whose consciences are still alive - Discerning right from wrong.

Like I've always posited:
Sex Is Worth Waiting For. There's a right time for everything under the sun.
Emotions are powerful, yes. But they are not more powerful than those who wield them.
All we need is a change of heart and the right mindset.
This is my conviction and I'm not saying it's absolute.

Though, I'm not perfect, Though I stand alone, I'll keep standing, standing for what I know to be right.
It is NEVER TOO LATE to do the right thing, virgin or not.
Thank You.

Signed: Mizmycoli(f)
Re: Getting Engaged @19 by jaydee87(m): 7:54am On Oct 07, 2014
Funke4Jesuss:

You are a Mor0n. So sex outside of marriage is alright as long as the person is up to 18?
I can't blame u. U were not trained well by ur parents.
It shows how trained you are coming here and pretending u the best, funke I now girls like you. pretend to be the saint while deep down u ain't. tell me u dint av sex before 20? answer the question pls...
Re: Getting Engaged @19 by jaydee87(m): 8:03am On Oct 07, 2014
Funke4Jesuss:

We are only advising you to stop having s.ex. And infact, you are too young to be considering marriage at this age. Are u not supposed to be in school? Which kind of stupid love is that? It could have even been understandable if the guy is mature. But believe me, u are both kids. U think u are romeo and juliet now, but when ur eyes go clear, u will start looking 4 where to lay blames.
If u were my sister i would have beaten u to coma, that when u wake up ur face will be so deformed that ur romeo wannabe boyfriend will think twice, and would probably dump you 4 another slut.
shows funke had a similar experience probably at the same age and that's why she's trying her best to advice u not make same mistake...

1 Like

Re: Getting Engaged @19 by jaydee87(m): 8:06am On Oct 07, 2014
Funke4Jesuss:

We are only advising you to stop having s.ex. And infact, you are too young to be considering marriage at this age. Are u not supposed to be in school? Which kind of stupid love is that? It could have even been understandable if the guy is mature. But believe me, u are both kids. U think u are romeo and juliet now, but when ur eyes go clear, u will start looking 4 where to lay blames.
If u were my sister i would have beaten u to coma, that when u wake up ur face will be so deformed that ur romeo wannabe boyfriend will think twice, and would probably dump you 4 another slut.
Re: Getting Engaged @19 by folameme(f): 8:59am On Oct 07, 2014
MizMyColi:

I quite agree with you.
I think what irked Folameme and most of the people throwing jabs at her is that, she sees nothing wrong in/with doing so. Not really the fact that She's doing it.
You get? I quite agree that they were extremely harsh, but then, different strokes, different folks.

Besides, I think it's in order to make her see reasons, if I have the capacity to do good to One Single Person (Tautology), do I hold back simply because there are a million more who are in the exact same (Tautology again) position? And for obvious reasons, I couldn't possibly reach out to them?

These are my thoughts on the matter.

u aint standing alone on dis matter jare babe!d truth of the matter is,any young lady who isn't ready for marriage yet,shouldn't go into r/ship becos doing this prolong thingy of r/ship,becos it will bring abt wah u're tryna avoid.men these days do not value/appreciate a decent innocent woman,they believe they've gotta be physical wif a lady b4 love can be proved! Buh sex aint love,and i strongly believe a woman's pride and dignity is in a virtue asides other qualities that makes a real woman(attitude,loving,God caring,understanding,impacting lives ETC)don't get me wrong,i aint hating on the d non-virgins,i jst believe there's a way they can start been celibate and keep their dignity. Virginity is not a big deal,its all about discipline and self control!its not a passbook to a successful r/ship its jst doing what u know its right even wen others are doing otherwise so@op,I'm also 19,done wit one course and I'm studying anoda course in uni,i gained admission at a very young age and i get loads of guys asking me out even wen i knew i was that young,i knew i shouldn't get myself involved wit such!dnt get me wrong,its not as if have never had a bf too,atleast in ma church mind i tot i had one earlier dis year we met jst once and we communicated through fone .jst checked ur profile pix,and u're a really pretty gal,i dnt even look or act my ma age,that always make me have more advances from guys,u need to see me(lipssealed),buh i believe one's got to be focused. for now its all abt keeping ma grades up u can also do that sugar,dnt break up wif ur boyfriend,jst stay off sex and NO dnt get engaged now,i believe u're also naïve like me too,so we don't really know what we want out of life. For now,so jst focus on ur Education and wen d right time comes,u'd know wah to do and pls babe,before going into a r/hship pray abt it,i hate it wen ladies have so many Exes it aint cool,isn't it better jst to stay single till d right guy comes?so babe i love u as a friend,dnt accept d engagement ring.ps:I'm sorry abt how harsh i sounded the first time,its jst becos u're same age wit me,and i believe there's a way u could have abstained sorry babe,love u mucho.@mizcoy hw are u doing today?hope u're gud? Funny enough,most of ma friends are way more older than me lolz

1 Like

Re: Getting Engaged @19 by naijaboiy: 9:17am On Oct 07, 2014
Funke4Jesuss:

OH shut the Fùck up angryangry

I hate it when people try to form holier than thou undecided

You think because you attached 'Jesus' to your rusty name means you can come to preach rubbish to us

Just stop being a hypocrite angry

3 Likes

Re: Getting Engaged @19 by MizMyColi(f): 9:20am On Oct 07, 2014
folameme:

I'm good deariee. Very good o.
Thanks for your input.

I'm happy at reading your post.

You certainly don't reason like your age mates.
It's okay Dear, I've been accused of that too. cheesy cheesy cheesy

You might wanna be spacing your texts more.
I understand that when writing from the heart, there's really no time to be adding some effizy, but I think it's a lot better and better helps to drive home your message, you get?

Please forgive me if I sound offensive dear, just something I thought you might wanna look into smiley
Re: Getting Engaged @19 by folameme(f): 9:32am On Oct 07, 2014
MizMyColi:

I'm good deariee. Very good o.
Thanks for your input.

I'm happy at reading your post.

You certainly don't reason like your age mates.
It's okay Dear, I've been accused of that too. cheesy cheesy cheesy

You might wanna be spacing your texts more.
I understand that when writing from the heart, there's really no time to be adding some effizy, but I think it's a lot better and better helps to drive home your message, you get?

Please forgive me if I sound offensive dear, just something I thought you might wanna look into smiley
thnx dearie,na vex make me write am like tha jare,i didn't even prove read i hope i didn't gbagaun sha
Will try to space it. Are u also 19?
Re: Getting Engaged @19 by MizMyColi(f): 9:36am On Oct 07, 2014
folameme:
thnx dearie,na vex make me write am like tha jare,i didn't even prove read i hope i didn't gbagaun sha
Will try to space it. Are u also 19?

Uhn Uhn

Two Decades and A half embarassed
Re: Getting Engaged @19 by kmoneyman: 9:58am On Oct 07, 2014
MizMyColi:

Uhn Uhn

wow! When I looked up ur profile pic,I was able to guess ur age grin
Re: Getting Engaged @19 by MizMyColi(f): 10:06am On Oct 07, 2014
kmoneyman:
wow! When I looked up ur profile pic,I was able to guess ur age grin

cheesy
Owh really?!

cool COool
Re: Getting Engaged @19 by folameme(f): 10:14am On Oct 07, 2014
MizMyColi:

Uhn Uhn

sorry babe,meant proof read,oh u're 25?u're ma lil mum on nairaland now *kisses*

1 Like

Re: Getting Engaged @19 by kmoneyman: 10:18am On Oct 07, 2014
MizMyColi:

cheesy
Owh really?!

cool COool
Yeah. Pls keep up with d good writing style. I used to write back in d days for Hints and Hearts magazines.I can see ‎u going places.
Re: Getting Engaged @19 by MizMyColi(f): 10:23am On Oct 07, 2014
kmoneyman:
Yeah. Pls keep up with d good writing style. I used to write back in d days for Hints and Hearts magazines.I can see ‎u going places.

Waow!
Thanks smiley

I have a project I'm working on, more like "should be working on".
Thing is my head's so blank on what to write about.
Like I've hit a writers' block embarassed

It gets better though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Often Should Couples Have S£x? / Guys Do You Find Girls Wearing Tight Boxers Pant Attractive / See Hilarious Conversation Between A Guy And A Lady On Whatsapp

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.