Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,097 members, 7,811,081 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:50 PM

Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! (34101 Views)

I Am So Depressed And At The Brink Of Committing Suicide. / Reasons Why You Wake-up Feeling Tired After A Full Night's Rest / What Drug Can A Pregnant Woman Feeling Malaria Take ?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by Nobody: 11:56am On Oct 07, 2014
Bennymontana:
Lolz...I know exactly how u feel...why?cos I"m @ least 3yrs older an you...haven't u heard that 30's the new 20's?and if so,it must mean dt 40's the new 30's....its all psychological and partly geographical...when it comes to ageing...the male folks are actually kinda lucky...bro;hit the gym;excercise;eat healthy so you"ll look very cute(just so you know;when u excercise;lyk lifting weights for instance;jogging and all,u"ll look younger dan ur age,cos ur body releases hormones dt will make u look younger and stronger)as 4 d food and drinking(take what will help your weight and all;if u don't work out and eat junk,u"ll look older,sloppy weak and older...if u hit d gym,u"ll be surprised ow young u"lll feel)......u"ll look lyk a mahn...maybe not a pretty boy lyk u used to be...buh lyk a man...wit ur self development and experience...u now know ow to enjoy life...(As for achievement;ow r u gonna achieve if u feel depressed?) Tins play out when u live ur life mahn;be open to opportunities,u can neva tell;if its the marriage tin dt is bothering you...well,u can still av a child outta wedlock sha...start building ur dreams...if you can afford it;travel to other climes and see how people your age enjoy life...take lots of pix,get a tattoo.av threesomes;av crazy friends ur age;try new and different tins and u"ll be surprised ow life will try catchn up wit you;and just along the line,don't be surprised you"ll find ur dream girl dt"ll love ur free spirit...I av relations dt are lyk 10yrs older dan I am...mehn,u nid to see dem avn fun and partyn...u"ll laff @ ur depressed stage...u"ll be lyk these men,are lyk 10yrs older dan you"re and they sure know ow to party and take care of their family...bro;ur life just started...live it up and take lots of pix for memory sake and u won't regret it wen u"re burnt out...na u go use ur hand tell ur sef wen u don old,and u"ll do dt wit a big mischievous smile on ur face and allow the younger ones to live their lives too...life's stages mahn...
grin
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by MrRhymes101(m): 12:01pm On Oct 07, 2014
Vikky014:
ur sisters are his neighbours,street babes,church girls any babe @all.good advice .
I dint say he shud rape dem na! So if he is a gud toaster n my sista falls, fyn tongue
Vikky014:
ur sisters are his neighbours,street babes,church girls any babe @all.good advice .
I dint say he shud rape dem na! So if he is a gud toaster n my sista falls, fyn
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by Vikky014(f): 12:04pm On Oct 07, 2014
MrRhymes101:
I dint say he shud rape dem na! So if he is a gud toaster n my sista falls, fyn tongue I dint say he shud rape dem na! So if he is a gud toaster n my sista falls, fyn
cheesy
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by phreakabit(m): 12:06pm On Oct 07, 2014
dancok:
Op I don't know ur worry,I will be that 30 next year without any achievements,u better thank God for ur life,not clubbing again is what bothering,well diff type of people sha.

He never said clubbing was his problem. . .Read his post again, he said he spent his youth amassing wealth, and didn't have the luxury of most of the youthful pleasures. Its common knowledge that in life you'd regret what you didn't do over what you did.

1 Like

Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by NosaHenry(m): 12:12pm On Oct 07, 2014
Nonsense. If you know how many people die before their 30th birthday you will be graceful if you get there. Pray to God to continue to spare your life instead of been depressed for sparing your life.
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by fireforfire: 12:26pm On Oct 07, 2014
hian...... so black man can b depressed i think say na only oyibo depression dey affect...

on a serious note, bro take it easy. give thanks to God dat ur even alive to witness 30..
many didnt.
besides its a thing of joy to age gracefully .
just try n have fun ,forget d age aspect,love evryone around u, keep away frm grudges n troubles. live ur life like nothing ekse matas.

dnt wither away in sorrow. it does more harm than good
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by fireforfire: 12:33pm On Oct 07, 2014
bigt2:
Why depressed Go and marry bro. Leave the streets for d boys . you cant have your cake and eat it. embarassed embarassed tongue

bro , na d oda way round. "you cant eat ur cake n hv it"
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by fireforfire: 12:37pm On Oct 07, 2014
keppyy:
I'm 22years but I feel the same way bro...It's eating me up badly...

at 22 ur already complaining
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by Nobody: 12:38pm On Oct 07, 2014
Its always like that in a point in ones life. Thank God and motivate yoursef. Then also try and venture into a serious relationship. Am not saying you should rush marriage o. But just get a working relationship. Tht shud make you feel reponsible to some extent. Cheers
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by Idrismusty97(m): 12:41pm On Oct 07, 2014
bjims:

fall in love with your best friend....you will find a reason to live
And that is your advice for her?
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by bigt2(m): 12:43pm On Oct 07, 2014
fireforfire:

bro , na d oda way round. "you cant eat ur cake n hv it"
i hate agitations and baseless arguments. let me refer you sharply
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You_can%27t_have_your_cake_and_eat_it
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by Nobody: 12:45pm On Oct 07, 2014
I know a cure, its called weed bro.. say bye bye to sad days grin
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by UjSizzle(f): 12:47pm On Oct 07, 2014
OP relax, 30 isn't the end of life.
You've had a good head start in life even if you don't see it that way. There will always be time to enjoy everything (in your case club etc.). If marriage is next for you, then do just that. Your can have fun with your wife before the children arrive, or after they come.

I think you're just perturbed now because we've somehow managed to convince ourselves that your early 20s is the time to have as much fun as you can get. You've done something different and should be happy about that.

Chill, there are people who wish they'd spent less time being guys and more doing something valuable with their lives smiley
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by ReLaTE(m): 12:56pm On Oct 07, 2014
op,some of ur mate hvn't achieved anything yet never killed themselves. At 30 from ur post u are comfortable materially just dat u missed the other side.
I tell you,at 30 I didn't hv 500k in my account and never married,not that I didn't hustle bt due to circumstances. I hv virtually done all types of occupation.
I left secondary school at the age of 17 bt no money to further my education and as the first son I hv to hustle and start helping my parents.I did apprenticeship,i trade,i learn work,later went back to school to do OND.,went back to bizness b4 getting married. You can guess what age I got married bt now am happy and never regret anything even though many of my mates hv stopped child bearing and am still starting.BT I thank God bcus some are dead, some lost their wife and some are living from hand to mouth nw.
Pls thank God for ur life and remain grateful to him, forget abt all those things u said u missed during ur youth age,they dnt last.I didn't enjoyed them bt am enjoying both world nw.
You will enjoy this world most if you get married to a good wife and comfortable financially, good health and seeing ur kids will gv u the greatest happiness.Starting everything early is good bt it's nt the sure road to happiness, some succeeded while others were regreting. Even,divorce and infidelity is more common on men that married too early than those that were older.Also,getting married from 28-32 is the best age bracket for a man irrespective of some tribes that abhors it.,its still d right age.
Just relax and look for a good wife you will enjoy the rest of ur life.Shalom
N.B sorry for some of my grammatical errors.

6 Likes

Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by koyyess: 12:56pm On Oct 07, 2014
BankoleNco:
Hey guys,
I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I'd go ahead and post here as it is related to health (depression).
Well, I don't want to bore you with long sermon-esque writings, so I'd skip the fancy stuff and go straight
to the point. I'd be turning 30 mid next year and its really eating me up! I feel depressed and old! Its been
giving me sleepless nights and middle of the night insomnia I wake up 4.00 am for no reason nowadays
and just stare at the ceiling lost in thought and scared as hell with thoughts of being in the twilight of my youth,
knowing I'd have to get married pretty soon, just 10 years away from 40, no more clubbing, no more spontaneous
Saturday drives. The worst part is I spent MOST of my teenage and youth life in self development and didn't have
time to indulge in some most of the activities attached to youthful exuberance.Its paid off, yes! But, I AM DEPRESSED right now! sad
Did any of you guys currently 30 and above experience same? Would really help if someone said something. *sigh*
Then what will the 10yr old who cannot walk say, or those younger than you who are decaying in the grave, or the 70 yr old man fighting for his life in the hospital? It's only human to feel depressed at times. We always define success and enjoyment by how the society sees it only for you to achieve all that and realise that it wasn't that important because it never gave you that inner happiness. You think people Your age and older don't have fun responsibly? Or do you envy all those juvenile deliquent teens?
This is your life, take charge of it and live it to the fullest.

1 Like

Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by Nobody: 1:00pm On Oct 07, 2014
lestat:
I know a cure, its called weed bro.. say bye bye to sad days grin
do u take it too?
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by UjSizzle(f): 1:00pm On Oct 07, 2014
keppyy:
shocked What are you afraid of?
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by EpicNigerian(m): 1:07pm On Oct 07, 2014
HASSANAASIA:
I made 30 looks good bruv
You fine well well small.
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by Nobody: 1:11pm On Oct 07, 2014
ReLaTE:
op,some of ur mate hvn't achieved anything yet never killed themselves. At 30 from ur post u are comfortable materially just dat u missed the other side.
I tell you,at 30 I didn't hv 500k in my account and never married,not that I didn't hustle bt due to circumstances. I hv virtually done all types of occupation.
I left secondary school at the age of 17 bt no money to further my education and as the first son I hv to hustle and start helping my parents.I did apprenticeship,i trade,i learn work,later went back to school to do OND.,went back to bizness b4 getting married. You can guess what age I got married bt now am happy and never regret anything even though many of my mates hv stopped child bearing and am still starting.BT I thank God bcus some are dead, some lost their wife and some are living from hand to mouth nw.
Pls thank God for ur life and remain grateful to him, forget abt all those things u said u missed during ur youth age,they dnt last.I didn't enjoyed them bt am enjoying both world nw.
You will enjoy this world most if you get married to a good wife and comfortable financially, good health and seeing ur kids will gv u the greatest happiness.Starting everything early is good bt it's nt the sure road to happiness, some succeeded while others were regreting. Even,divorce and infidelity is more common on men that married too early than those that were older.Also,getting married from 28-32 is the best age bracket for a man irrespective of some tribes that abhors it.,its still d right age.
bro I so much like ur post,I said it in my earlier post,op did ,nt no anytin,he should be thankful or rather he just wanted to make fp.
I will be that 30next year,noting to show, yet to have my uni degree soon,no work nor serious relationship,com may next year I will be 30.
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by BankoleNco: 1:15pm On Oct 07, 2014
dancok:
bro I so much like ur post,I said it in my earlier post,op did ,nt no anytin,he should be thankful or rather he just wanted to make fp.
I will be that 30next year,noting to show, yet to have my uni degree soon,no work nor serious relationship,com may next year I will be 30.

You honestly think I give a rats ass about FP? I am talking about the intricate things of life and here you are telling me about some inconsequential FP shit! What value would it add to me. Not mad at you sorry, just. . . .

2 Likes

Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by koyyess: 1:26pm On Oct 07, 2014
phreakabit:
Relax mate shi happens. . . Same ship here. You can't fight age/aging. In due time you'd get used to it, just make some minor adjustments before 33 wink If anything its the gals who are turning 30 that should be this worried. I know its troubling still gives me a few concerns but like I said thats LIFE. . . . Funny how we are almost age-mates BTW. Take it easy. Its not the end of the world .
'It's the girls turning 30 that should be worried'- That is one of the most deceitful,most delusional and most unreasonable lie I have heard in my life. You rendered your comment invalid with that statement.
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by Nobody: 1:28pm On Oct 07, 2014
fireforfire:

at 22 ur already complaining

Maybe, I'm growing up too fast..
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by Nobody: 1:30pm On Oct 07, 2014
thando:
Im turnin 29 2moro n im beyond depressed, stil hv to get up 2moro for a rather dull job that i hv that i hv which pays peanuts, i basically spend all my salary on transport but cant quit cos i bn ther b4 n almost killed myself "SIGH" .........FUC THIS LIFE I DONT WANT TO B HERE ANYMOR, i dont think i ever did actually
it is a matter of time sister. Tough time don't last but tough pple do....things wl change for better soon
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by Nobody: 1:30pm On Oct 07, 2014
Yello1:
u feel wat?at 20 wat,make man no hear dt one.advice:go pick ur book and read.dis is wat i tag depression abuse.

I'm on a break from academic work..
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by TWEETFELLA: 1:31pm On Oct 07, 2014
BankoleNco:

+ Lost interest in my friends football , work and most things I used to enjoy doing. . . Is that depressed enough?
Just count your blessings. You've got a source of livelihood, friends and more.
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by TEZT: 1:33pm On Oct 07, 2014
I'm much more worried than u, I will clock 30 by mid 2016 and really wish to get married @ 30 and I'm d first born wit 3sisters, I'm currently serving now and my fiancee will b 28yrs old by then. I'm just been optmistic even without a job waiting anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by Daniel6(m): 1:38pm On Oct 07, 2014
keppyy:
. U neva get admission?
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by ReLaTE(m): 1:45pm On Oct 07, 2014
dancok:
I believe that the only thing that can make a man to be heavily depressed is health condition especially terminal ones. As long as ur healthy, pls thank God.
I know a guy though a friend, he wl be 42 this year bt he married at the age of 27 bt no issue up till date, he hasn't killed himself and he's always happy. I also hv a brother extended,he is 34 and deformed on the leg. He has finished school bt no job upon his brilliance, able bodied people never get work less talk of a deformed person. Brother, if you see this guy he's even happy more than able bodied ones and his family is poor.
Just believe and be hard working u wl make it. Op,should see ur post to thank God.

1 Like

Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by ayobase(m): 1:47pm On Oct 07, 2014
BankoleNco:
Hey guys,
I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I'd go ahead and post here as it is related to health (depression).
Well, I don't want to bore you with long sermon-esque writings, so I'd skip the fancy stuff and go straight
to the point. I'd be turning 30 mid next year and its really eating me up! I feel depressed and old! Its been
giving me sleepless nights and middle of the night insomnia I wake up 4.00 am for no reason nowadays
and just stare at the ceiling lost in thought and scared as hell with thoughts of being in the twilight of my youth,
knowing I'd have to get married pretty soon, just 10 years away from 40, no more clubbing, no more spontaneous
Saturday drives. The worst part is I spent MOST of my teenage and youth life in self development and didn't have
time to indulge in some most of the activities attached to youthful exuberance.Its paid off, yes! But, I AM DEPRESSED right now! sad
Did any of you guys currently 30 and above experience same? Would really help if someone said something. *sigh*

believe me all ur worries will be long gone the mooment u marry ur better half.

marriage is knocking on ur door......be quick about it.
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by koyyess: 1:48pm On Oct 07, 2014
HASSANAASIA:
I made 30 looks good bruv
Did you just say you are 30?
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by Skii(m): 1:49pm On Oct 07, 2014
ReLaTE:

your post makes sense like your name,,,ReLate!
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by Nobody: 1:51pm On Oct 07, 2014
Daniel6:
. U neva get admission?

I just graduated.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Santa Claus Collapses And Dies In Front Of Children At School Christmas Party / ‘My Brother Died In My Arms Due To LUTH's Negligence’, Man Reveals. Photos / Acne Treatments And Common Brands Available In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.