Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,428 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! (34100 Views)

I Am So Depressed And At The Brink Of Committing Suicide. / Reasons Why You Wake-up Feeling Tired After A Full Night's Rest / What Drug Can A Pregnant Woman Feeling Malaria Take ?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by Nobody: 1:56pm On Oct 07, 2014
BankoleNco:

You honestly think I give a rats ass about FP? I am talking about the intricate things of life and here you are telling me about some inconsequential FP shit! What value would it add to me. Not mad at you sorry, just. . . .
no, am just saying my own o,but be thankful bro,u made it.
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by Nobody: 2:28pm On Oct 07, 2014
just make a list of what you want to do and start doing them now before you turn 30 years old... why get depressed when you should be doing those things...
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by ola512: 2:38pm On Oct 07, 2014
It is normal. Am turning 30 At d same time also. Life is all abt wat u want. 1st of all God cums 1st n 2nd age is a number. I don't even look 29. Av a friend DAT is 23 n he look 35. 4get abt age. Pursue ur dream. N pls don't rush into marriage.

1 Like

Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by Isk(f): 2:39pm On Oct 07, 2014
BankoleNco:

Don't want to seem rude, but if I am to go by your post. I'd be well in my jurisdictions to say, you are the one without a purpose. Simplistic reasoning like yours stem from the brain of a barbaric dimwit! You don't even know me. How can you jump to such conclusions? I might be 29, but absolutely certain I live a better life than urs, atleast financially . You judgemental simpleton.
From your response, it seems like you see some truth in what He/she said. There's no point getting upset or cussing out someone for having an opinion but if there is even an atom of truth in it, you'll be doing yourself a favor by self-evaluting. U may find the cause of your depression.
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by Isk(f): 2:40pm On Oct 07, 2014
dancok:
no, am just saying my own o,but be thankful bro,u made it.
lol. Such a funny comment.
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by bosunjohns(m): 2:42pm On Oct 07, 2014
pweetixandy:
U need God..u are not living a purpose driven life. Ur life has no depth,u have no love to give and so u are not receiving any. When u learn to live for others,life wld b meaningful.
please tell me more about this purpose driven life.
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by soulglo: 3:02pm On Oct 07, 2014
BankoleNco:
Hey guys,
I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I'd go ahead and post here as it is related to health (depression).
Well, I don't want to bore you with long sermon-esque writings, so I'd skip the fancy stuff and go straight
to the point. I'd be turning 30 mid next year and its really eating me up! I feel depressed and old! Its been
giving me sleepless nights and middle of the night insomnia I wake up 4.00 am for no reason nowadays
and just stare at the ceiling lost in thought and scared as hell with thoughts of being in the twilight of my youth,
knowing I'd have to get married pretty soon, just 10 years away from 40, no more clubbing, no more spontaneous
Saturday drives. The worst part is I spent MOST of my teenage and youth life in self development and didn't have
time to indulge in some most of the activities attached to youthful exuberance.Its paid off, yes! But, I AM DEPRESSED right now! sad
Did any of you guys currently 30 and above experience same? Would really help if someone said something. *sigh*

Snap out of it
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by Nobody: 3:22pm On Oct 07, 2014
Isk:
lol. Such a funny comment.
such a funny girl,anyway I like ur profile DP.
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by aspirebig: 3:45pm On Oct 07, 2014
Op,
You need to wake up and know that you are in a serious problem and face it.
How can one be depressed because you are 30? I think there is more to it.
What do you do for a living? Have you graduated and no job? Have you learned a trade and no money to establish yourself? Are you still living with your parents? Are you frustrated seeing your peers doing great and you are have nothing to offer? Are you comparing your self to others? Are you thinking of that woman / man that left you for another person and got married and you are still single? Are you thinking of when are you going to rent your own flat,build your own house,buy your jeep or travel abroad annually for holidays?
Do you want to relocate to abroad?

Whatever it is,pls bros,calm down. Such thinking has led many to early graves. Better plan yourself,your time. Write down your plans,table them before God,before you know it,it will become past tense.

You should thank God that you are alive,people that have acquired all those things that you are looking for now die everyday.A trip to the hospital will make you appreciate God better.

At 30,you can plan yourself towards a better future,it is not too late.Remember that time and tide wait for no man.

Clubbing,womanising,partying will only take away your focus and resources from you. For how long will you club,womanise,party? The earlier you wake to reality the better. I know guys that graduate from uni at 28 to 30,did nysc,got job,marry,buy ride and by 40,they have the 2 or 3 kids they wanted and are already living in their personal house. It is about focus.

3 Likes

Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by ifymusa(f): 4:17pm On Oct 07, 2014
Bros jst take it easy on ur slf face the reality of life n trust God he will surely take u to ur expected end. I use to feel the same way especially wen u have no frnd to talk to though am jst 28 but God is helping me. Jst trust God n life will be better *cheers*
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by Nobody: 4:22pm On Oct 07, 2014
I think I understand the OP's point of view because I am in the same situation.I am 29,a lawyer and I am still doing my youtth service with no other source of income apart from the monthly allawee.

I don't have any serious relationship because no girl wants to hook up with a broke bottom nigga.I just stopped thinking about my age and what I have achieved because that will only kill me before my time.

The OP is lucky because he has money and can always do those things he listed in his post (abi dem say make 30 year old no enter club or carry olosho again?) What does the OP want people like us to do now that we have achieved nothing apart from getting a certificate to practice law in Nigeria?

The OP should just thank God and enjoy his life to the fullest whilst not taking life too seriously...what if he drops dead tomorrow (God forbid)?

Ultimately,only God knows what he has in stock for our lives,OP needs to snap out of it and enjoy his money,at least he has it
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by phreakabit(m): 4:24pm On Oct 07, 2014
Peoples view of OP's problems are simplistic. The way I see it OP sees life as a checklist and is trying to make up for lost time, because he grew up way too fast and is now experiencing the side effects. Truth is you can't go back! Dwell on past or move on with life.

1 Like

Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by jahlove4jah: 4:27pm On Oct 07, 2014
BankoleNco:
Hey guys,
I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I'd go ahead and post here as it is related to health (depression).
Well, I don't want to bore you with long sermon-esque writings, so I'd skip the fancy stuff and go straight
to the point. I'd be turning 30 mid next year and its really eating me up! I feel depressed and old! Its been
giving me sleepless nights and middle of the night insomnia I wake up 4.00 am for no reason nowadays
and just stare at the ceiling lost in thought and scared as hell with thoughts of being in the twilight of my youth,
knowing I'd have to get married pretty soon, just 10 years away from 40, no more clubbing, no more spontaneous
Saturday drives. The worst part is I spent MOST of my teenage and youth life in self development and didn't have
time to indulge in some most of the activities attached to youthful exuberance.Its paid off, yes! But, I AM DEPRESSED right now! sad
Did any of you guys currently 30 and above experience same? Would really help if someone said something. *sigh*
if you fail to identify the cause of your depression,you can't. Get out of it. Honest self examination will just do you much good.
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by kenex4ever(m): 4:28pm On Oct 07, 2014
aspirebig:
Op,
What do you do for a living? Have you graduated and no job? Have you learned a trade and no money to establish yourself? Are you still living with your parents? Are you frustrated seeing your peers doing great and you are have nothing to offer? Are you comparing your self to others? Are you thinking of that woman / man that left you for another person and got married and you are still single? Are you thinking of when are you going to rent your own flat,build your own house,buy your jeep or travel abroad annually for holidays?

Whatever it is,pls bros,calm down. Such thinking has led many to early graves. Better plan yourself,your time. Write down your plans,table them before God,before you know it,it will become past tense.

You should thank God that you are alive,people that have acquired all those things that you are looking for now die everyday.A triP to the hospital will make you apprecaite God better.

At 30,you can plan yourself towards a better future,it is not too late.Remember that time and tide wait for no man.

Clubbing,womanising,partying will only take away your focus and resources from you. For how long will you club,womanise,party? The earlier you wake to reality the better. I know guys that graduate from uni at 28 to 30,did nysc,got job,marry,buy ride and by 40,they have the 2 or 3 kids they wanted and are already living in their personal house. It is about focus.
Just like u stated, I have seen people dat has acquired anything u can dream of getting and dey end up committing suicide in their mansion. What is it in this life dat we should kill ourselves for? No matter how rich u r, no body will ensure ur happiness but you, so bro live life and enjoy it and like a guy said earlier "Don't spoil ur 2day with d thought of how ur future will be." Me too will b 30 by nov next year and dat doesn't mean I should kill myself b4 I get to 40. If a guy is feeling depressed for turning 30 then what do u want d girls dat r nt married at 30 to do?
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by Aroniyo200(m): 4:33pm On Oct 07, 2014
Give your life to Christ. Keep away from anything your conscience does not approve of. Obey your conscience. Confess your sins. Then, forgive yourself, because, at times, we refuse to forgive ourselves even when God must have forgiven us. Be real, be true to your conscience. Then, shun negative thinking. It will not be easy, to change your thinking pattern over night. But keep at it, with prayer and persistence, you will get control over your negative thinking. Keep praying, never give negative thoughts a second of chance, less it overwhelms you again. Exercise. Stop thinking about your problems. Start thinking about other people's problems and assist them in solving them. Too much isolation and introspection can depress. Go out. mix with people. Don't take life or yourself too seriously. Take life and its problems as a game. Yes, turn your problems to a game. Enjoy the game. You are not the problems. They don't define you. Separate yourself from them. Call me on 08064415185 for more advice. You will win if you don't give up. If you give up, you do so in ignorance. I am speaking from experience. I twice attempted killing myself. I am enjoying myself today, because I did what I am telling you to do now. Stay blessed. Hope to hear from you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by Nobody: 4:36pm On Oct 07, 2014
Accept Jesus Christ as your personal LORD and saviour. And you will no longer be depressed.#Truth
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by tania28(f): 4:49pm On Oct 07, 2014
Age is only a number,that's the spirit of fear u must pray to overcome it,@age 30 life is just begining for you,you ought to be thankful to God and not to be scared.be urself,do your best n let God take care of the rest. Do ‎​What makes you happy and go have fun if possible change your environment.
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by jaxxy(m): 4:50pm On Oct 07, 2014
BankoleNco:

+ Lost interest in my friends football , work and most things I used to enjoy doing. . . Is that depressed enough?

Bro u need 2 chillout mehn.... Ask urself theses questions:
*What do I love and makes me smile
*what do I wana achieve in life
*what gives u fufillment
*Hw can I be of value 2 myself and my loved ones and possiblely ur nation.

And just commit everything bigger than u 2 Gods hands. Period!
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by Nobody: 5:12pm On Oct 07, 2014
aspirebig:
Op,

You should thank God that you are alive,people that have acquired all those things that you are looking for now die everyday.A triP to the hospital will make you apprecaite God better.

thanks bro ur post tell me I can still make it.
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by hippyzuki(f): 5:15pm On Oct 07, 2014
BankoleNco:
Hey guys,
. Pls send me a mail azuka_nsonwu@yahoo.com let's talk
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 07, 2014
Alcatraz001:
I think I understand the OP's point of view because I am in the same situation.I am 29,a lawyer and I am still doing my youtth service with no other source of income apart from the monthly allawee.

I don't have any serious relationship because no girl wants to hook up with a broke bottom nigga.I just stopped thinking about my age and what I have achieved because that will only kill me before my time.

The OP is lucky because he has money and can always do those things he listed in his post (abi dem say make 30 year old no enter club or carry olosho again?) What does the OP want people like us to do now that we have achieved nothing apart from getting a certificate to practice law in Nigeria?

The OP should just thank God and enjoy his life to the fullest whilst not taking life too seriously...what if he drops dead tomorrow (God forbid)?

Ultimately,only God knows what he has in stock for our lives,OP needs to snap out of it and enjoy his money,at least he has it
abi o,no mind op,abi make we exchange ni?
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by Hero10001: 5:24pm On Oct 07, 2014
OP, You depressed at 29?! You must be living in a wrong place and many things are definitly wrong with you e.g. Parent (Do you stil have Parents)
Your Environment (where d'u reside?) School (Are u a grad, wch school?).
Friends (Do you keep friends?). Job(what d'u do for living)
Relaxation (How d'u spend your siester/free time?
If you can answer these correctly, you'r good to go.

2 Likes

Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by Nobody: 5:54pm On Oct 07, 2014
PAO429:
Wat a coincidence...go get OUR DAILY MANNER read up todays passage and take a look at prayer point 6..u allllbe amaze
You are a genius. OP, pray against depression due to age.

2 Likes

Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by Nobody: 5:59pm On Oct 07, 2014
adepiero:
Forget all the sermons in the comment box. I know exactly how you feel even though am not thirty yet. what you want is a lasting memory of your twenties. something you can always remember, smile, and say I can't believe I did that. well you have all the time in the world for that! my advice, make a list of things you want to do and explore them! other things you least expected too might happens. just have fun bro.

*But don't forget, life is in stages and at some point you have to man up to your responsibilities which includes getting married, raising a family*
Best comment so far

1 Like

Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by LyfeJennings(m): 5:59pm On Oct 07, 2014
OP. We in same shoes but I smoke blunt. U cld try it out... I almost died yesterday morning, if not for a hooker I knew long ago who gave me her shoulder to cry on. I felt so lost and suicidal but brov, try some marijuana,its gonna help....
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by Lawstudent: 6:23pm On Oct 07, 2014
Alcathttp://www.nairaland.com/1937455/lawyers-law-students-lets-meethttp://www.nairaland.com/1937455/lawyers-law-students-lets-meetraz001:

You are invited to
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by adepiero: 6:38pm On Oct 07, 2014
nchewi:
Best comment so far
thanks bro
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by Revolva(m): 6:39pm On Oct 07, 2014
I don't even know wat depression feels like..don't let ur self down...bro mee self dey wile away my sorrows every momment for groovin does not mean I am not focus...who cares na gals need to dey tink dat way not men...ok
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by gloriana(f): 7:44pm On Oct 07, 2014
If u can make it to THE EMOTION DYNAMICS training 2moro at 16 Harvey road , Yaba, 9am . U'll b doing urself a whole lot of good. Thank me after d training. Just ask of Gloria - Emotional Devm Academy
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by bukatyne(f): 7:48pm On Oct 07, 2014
HASSANAASIA:
I made 30 looks good bruv

You really look good
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by NoContract(m): 8:03pm On Oct 07, 2014
BankoleNco:
Hey guys,

OK.

I feel you work in a bank. grin

Are you on whatsapp? Let's be friends.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

‘My Brother Died In My Arms Due To LUTH's Negligence’, Man Reveals. Photos / Santa Claus Collapses And Dies In Front Of Children At School Christmas Party / Acne Treatments And Common Brands Available In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.