Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,100 members, 7,818,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. (58048 Views)

Why Do Nigerian Men Find It Difficult To Forgive A Cheating Wife? / Which Is Worse? A Cheating Or Nagging Wife / Infidelity{how Come Women Forgive Easily,& Men Hardly Forgive?} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by 50calibre(m): 9:35am On Oct 08, 2014
cococandy:
most Nigerian women put up with cheating sometimes because being a divorcee in a society like ours puts them in a disadvantaged position. I hope some gullible men don't mistake that for forgiveness.

She remembers. Everyday.
Don't get too cocky and play russian roulette with the most important thing you have. smiley

Bravo!!! The queen of self-deceit has spoken!!

Please can you stop making noise & misleading gullible young girl?

If your husband cheats on you, what's the worse you're going to do? Divorce? Hahahaha don't make me laugh.

3 Likes

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by MizMyColi(f): 9:40am On Oct 08, 2014
50calibre:

If your husband cheats on you, what's the worse you're going to do? Divorce? Hahahaha don't make me laugh.

Yeah right.
If concurring with what she wrote in red makes me gullible, I couldn't possibly have enough in one lifetime.

Cococandy Ma'am, I want to be like you when I grow up kiss kiss kiss kiss

6 Likes

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Babaji111(m): 9:40am On Oct 08, 2014
Women do forget that no matter how men have sex outside their homes, there won't be any noticeable physical or whatsoever changes that sex would cause on them. But women having sex illegally has a lot of physical and biological effects on them. Few among the effects includes: 1. Loss of virginity (for spinsters)
2. Unwanted pregnancy
3. STDs
4. Loss of natural firmness in breasts
5. Virginal enlargement or looseness
6. Disrespect to her spouse (if she is getting 'IT' better outside)
7. Loss of morality and sound faith
8. Lack of interest in her spouse
9. Lack of interest in spending good time at her marital home
10. Psychological defects in rare cases......etc

So, NO reasonable man will forgive his spouse for exposing herself to the above. This is not a matter of Beijing Conference it is NATURE that made man and woman differ .

3 Likes

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by KAYD007(m): 9:41am On Oct 08, 2014
Ugovin:
It takes a devilish and a wicked man not to forgive. if been cheated on,, WHY? Don't Judge Others. (Judge not, and ye shall not be Judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive and ye shall be forgiven (luke6:37) ) as a christian, one of the features of your recreated human Spirit is love, and love doesn't judge or slander others. One day JESUS was sitting somewhere and the jewish leaders and men chased after a woman whom they said was caught in the very act of adultery. So they said to Jesus, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act. Now Moses in the Law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou? This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But JESUS stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not. (John 8:4-6) when JESUS eventually raised his head, He said to the womans accusers ''let the one without sin cast the first Stone'' (john 8:7) but they couldn't. So one after the other, they dropped their stones and left, leaving the woman alone with JESUS. Then JESUS said to her, ( hath no man condemnd thee? She said No man, lord. And JEsUs said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go and sin no more'') John8:10-11) we are to act like JESUS; HE said, "I wouldn't condemn you,go and sin no more." Jesus recognized her sin; Meaning we can recognize when people do something wrong; yet, like JESUS, don't judge them. Love is not all about sex, or making love. There is more to It.

you are kidding right? undecided
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by emotional(m): 9:43am On Oct 08, 2014
1. Only a woman(wife)knows who she really loves,d dude outside or d husband
2. She can tell d 'dude' everything about you d husband while she can never tell you d husband about the dude
3. Only a woman(wife) knows d biological father of her child(absence of DNA analysis)

Dangerous situation.

4 Likes

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by bebe2(f): 9:43am On Oct 08, 2014
ugoezeik:
sis r u serious? wman r really wore onto man

No am critical grin

Its nah
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 9:48am On Oct 08, 2014
timawoku:
she means 'more acceptable by the society'.

Bullshit! Did you hear me? That's total bullshit!

1 Like

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by bebe2(f): 9:50am On Oct 08, 2014
Babaji111:
Women do forget that no matter how men have sex outside their homes, there won't be any noticeable physical or whatsoever changes that sex would cause on them. But women having sex illegally has a lot of physical and biological effects on them. Few among the effects includes: 1. Loss of virginity (for spinsters)
2. Unwanted pregnancy
3. STDs
4. Breast stacking

So, NO reasonable man will forgive his spouse for exposing herself to the above. This is not a matter of Beijing Conference it is NATURE that made man and woman differ .

Bro r u kidding?

Everything u listed can happen both ways, and I mean everything.

And pls forget this loose virg-ina issue.
Its a myth,

one mans tight is another man's loose shocked

9 Likes

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by coogar: 9:50am On Oct 08, 2014
iwakolewa:

And the risks of getting infected with a deadly sexu.ally transmitted disease isn't worse?

isn't that present from both genders? cheating wife can infect her hubby. cheating hubby can infect his wife. however, a cheating wife can sneak a bästard into the house - a cheating husband cannot sneak a bastärd into the house & claim the baby belongs to his wife.

that's the difference.
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by ogene70: 9:51am On Oct 08, 2014
bebe2:
I kind of see ur point.

Se-x in marriage is sacred like u said.

Most men will never touch the woman again if they find out they slept wit someone else.

Call it pride or watever u like but the fact is wat drives a woman to infidelity is totally different from wat drives a man.

We will all agree that most men think wiy their pe-nis, once the thing done stand something need to bring am down regardless of the consequences. And most times these actions have no emotional involvement.

Buutttt before woman open leg for another man, e don weigh am, calculate am, manipulate am and decide say its worth doing.

And once she try am once, she go hardly stop am. Even science says there is a certain hormone thats secreted during se-x dats imbibes the memory of the man in her for a very very long time.

So which man wants to be competing with dat??

Glad i read this from a lady, God bless you bebe2 for your objectivity.
I had a similar experience back then in unilag , sex with the lady wasnt just it anymore, it felt so disgusting until she worked away herself...that was a girl friend, let alone a wife.
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by ochon: 9:52am On Oct 08, 2014
The simple truth is, women are the reason why society frowns badly at women cheating, while they moderately condemn men's cheating.

I said so because, while the society is to be blamed for such laws/norms INITIALLY, women of this age should've emancipated themselves from such mental slavery and refuse to stand a cheating partner. If the women don't stop tolerating cheating men, the status quo will never be changed. The situation favours us, men, and hell will freeze over before they relinquish such rights to the women.

At the end of the day, it's even the women that supports such norms. For example, women are quick to call their fellow cheating women, "slùts," but then they tag cheating men "bad boys" "ladies men" "playas" Etc. Some women will say, "I don't care if my husband is sleeping around, as long he doesn't bring them inside my house, I'm okay". WTF!! This is the highest form of low self-esteem. Some women takes their stupidity to a greater level by publicly fighting with the mistress of their lover. No shame whatsoever!! They fight and kill each other while the cheating man is allowed to sit back and laugh at their madness.

So until women say enough is enough, society will keep allowing men to walk away with cheating while they get scolded and called slùts.

I'm not claiming to be a saint that has never cheated, I'm just saying, just like I as a man will hardly forgive a cheating woman, such treatment should be meted out to me if I cheat on my woman, shikena.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Sanguine77(m): 9:53am On Oct 08, 2014
bebe2:
I kind of see ur point.

Se-x in marriage is sacred like u said.

Most men will never touch the woman again if they find out they slept wit someone else.

Call it pride or watever u like but the fact is wat drives a woman to infidelity is totally different from wat drives a man.

We will all agree that most men think wiy their pe-nis, once the thing done stand something need to bring am down regardless of the consequences. And most times these actions have no emotional involvement.

Buutttt before woman open leg for another man, e don weigh am, calculate am, manipulate am and decide say its worth doing.

And once she try am once, she go hardly stop am. Even science says there is a certain hormone thats secreted during se-x dats imbibes the memory of the man in her for a very very long time.

So which man wants to be competing with dat??

Your sense dey dia.
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by YourCrush: 9:56am On Oct 08, 2014
Fkforyou:
I prefer she ask for divorce than for her to cheat on me. This might sound wierd to some people esp for married folks anyway its just a thought as well as my personal opinion.
Do u tink it wil b easy 4 u 2 undastand y ur wife wil wake up on 1 faithful morning only 2 tel u dat she is no longer interestd in d marriage?
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 9:56am On Oct 08, 2014
Babaji111:
2. Unwanted pregnancy
3. STDs

I didn't know men are immune to STDs. shocked

3 Likes

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by 50calibre(m): 9:56am On Oct 08, 2014
MizMyColi:

Yeah right.
If concurring with what she wrote in red makes me gullible, I couldn't possibly have enough in one lifetime.

Very well then, enjoy!!

When someone is bent on being mislead, there's not much that could be done or said to save that person.

Cococandy & her likes are in the habit of laying out self-destructive routes for young girls to follow, routes they themselves are not willing to take, while the gullible ones like you adhere religiously to their teachings.

I pity you!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 9:57am On Oct 08, 2014
ochon:
The simple truth is, women are the reason why society frowns badly at women cheating, while they moderately condemn men's cheating.

I said so because, while the society is to be blamed for such laws/norms INITIALLY, women of this age should've emancipated themselves from such mental slavery and refuse to stand a cheating partner. If the women don't stop tolerating cheating men, the status quo will never be changed. The situation favours us, men, and hell will freeze over before they relinquish such rights to the women.

At the end of the day, it's even the women that supports such norms. For example, women are quick to call their fellow cheating women, "slùts," but when they tag cheating men "bad boys" "ladies men" "playas" Etc. Some women will say, "I don't care if my husband is sleeping around, as long he doesn't bring them inside my house, I'm okay". WTF!! This is the highest form of low self-esteem. Some women takes their stupidity to a greater level by publicly fighting with the mistress of their lover. No shame whatsoever!! They fight and kill each other while the cheating man is allowed to sit back and laugh at their madness.

So until women say enough is enough, society will keep allowing men to walk away with cheating while they get scolded and called slùts.

I'm not claiming to be a saint that has never cheated, I'm just saying, just like I as man will hardly forgive a cheating woman, such treatment should be meted out to me if I cheat on my woman, shikena.

There is a lot of truth in your post. smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Lovine: 9:59am On Oct 08, 2014
What about when it has to do with your elder brother's son? One culture said its not evil, but evil when its outside, what do we make on that?
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Lovine: 10:02am On Oct 08, 2014
Have you ever seen any perfect marriage? But I still think demons can be funny at times and if you are not careful your marriage is gone.
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by InHim4Him(m): 10:03am On Oct 08, 2014
BananaBender:

It can change, starting from you. Change your mindset, you are only thinking like the product of the society you grew up in. One way to do that, is by encouraging and teaching gender equality in social institutions.

Just wondering if you read your own comment. For you the problem is gender? SMH.

1 Like

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 08, 2014
MizMyColi:
Hmmmmmm
Eleyi Gidi Gan.

Counter Thread Loading...............15%

Talking about paying her price - well, that's true, let's not forget that the same way the guy forwent scores of women to pay her price, she forwent scores of guys to accept his price wink

Owh, OP, I think the points you raised are valid and affects both sides of the divide equally, depending on the individuals involved.

Mizz!!! cheesy couldn't stop laughing at the bolded.

1 Like

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Mintayo(m): 10:04am On Oct 08, 2014
cococandy:
I don't know about you ladies but if a man cheats on me,it ruins everything for me.

I wonder what he said to her to woo her.
Were they the same things he said to me?

I wonder what he said when he was about to cum.
"You're the sweetest woman I've ever had"
I know he said that to me too.

He must have complimented her beauty in ways he did to me.

Maybe lied too. "I'm single. Not married. Divorced. Just broke up". Anything to get her to relax and open up.
I like to feel that I'm the apple of my man's eye.

If he could forget how valuable he said I was,if he could discard my well being and feelings the moment he see another,then it means I'm not the woman I thought I was to him.

It will make me feel CHEAP.

It is not acceptable. Not even slightly acceptable.

I don't know what he'll feel if I cheat on him but I'm pretty sure it's akin to what I'll feel if he cheats on me.
This is deep! Extremely deep!
Similar thing i told a lady sometimes ago. Some men don't actually have conscience,how will you "hit" your chest with a "strange woman",and also "hit" your wife with the same chest,someone you have vowed to spend the rest of your life with...well,my conscience won't let me do that sha!
Same things go for the women too!
And reading the Op open-mindedly,he is right!
I know a man who has been cheating on his wife,yet divorced her when he caught her red-handed cheating on him;he didnt even think twice,he sent her packing,the lady did all she could to reconcile but he wouldn't accept!

3 Likes

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by cococandy(f): 10:04am On Oct 08, 2014
I wonder what your business is with how I decide to handle a cheating a husband.

All in all my post wasn't telling any lady how to handle her own situation. Infact I don't remember directing my post at ANY lady.

It is simply directed to guys like you who think putting up with a cheating partner because it is more convenient than divorcing is the same thing as forgiveness.(Gullible you would believe that)

I take god beg you,I don't have the energy to be misunderstood today.
50calibre:

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Mintayo(m): 10:06am On Oct 08, 2014
InHim4Him:

Just wondering if you read your own comment. For you the problem is gender? SMH.
i smh too when i read her comment,what she is saying is that,once the man cheats,d woman should cheat too!
Smh again!
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 08, 2014
Mintayo:

i smh too when i read her comment,what she is saying is that,once the man cheats,d woman should cheat too!
Smh again!

Please show me where she said so.

3 Likes

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Homguy(m): 10:07am On Oct 08, 2014
timawoku:
dunno? The society sucks!!!
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by cococandy(f): 10:09am On Oct 08, 2014
ochon:

At the end of the day, it's even the women that supports such norms. For example, women are quick to call their fellow cheating women, "slùts," but when they tag cheating men "bad boys" "ladies men" "playas" Etc. Some women will say, "I don't care if my husband is sleeping around, as long he doesn't bring them inside my house, I'm okay". WTF!! This is the highest form of low self-esteem. Some women takes their stupidity to a greater level by publicly fighting with the mistress of their lover. No shame whatsoever!! They fight and kill each other while the cheating man is allowed to sit back and laugh at their madness.

I'm not claiming to be a saint that has never cheated, I'm just saying, just like I as man will hardly forgive a cheating woman, such treatment should be meted out to me if I cheat on my woman, shikena.
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Mintayo(m): 10:11am On Oct 08, 2014
coogar:

isn't that present from both genders? cheating wife can infect her hubby. cheating hubby can infect his wife. however, a cheating wife can sneak a bästard into the house - a cheating husband cannot sneak a bastärd into the house & claim the baby belongs to his wife.

that's the difference.
true!
And some women ehen?
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by ochon: 10:12am On Oct 08, 2014
Babaji111:
2. Unwanted pregnancy
3. STDs

This is the most annoying and most pathetic hypocritical excuse I've read in decades.

So cheating men don't gets STDS, don't impregnate other women? So when a man cheats, he doesn't disrespect his woman? Okay, he loves her sooooooooo much, he has to cheat on her? So there is "enough interest in spending good time in his marital home" and so he had to cheat on her? So when a man cheats, there's no lack of interest in his spouse but if a woman does so, there's lack of interest?

Wow!! Your hypocrisy stinks to odium!!

9 Likes

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by cococandy(f): 10:12am On Oct 08, 2014
All these things can happen to a man who cheats too. grin

Babaji111:
2. Unwanted pregnancy
3. STDs

3 Likes

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by cococandy(f): 10:14am On Oct 08, 2014
We'll be like each other when we grow up cheesy
MizMyColi:

Yeah right.

1 Like

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Mintayo(m): 10:14am On Oct 08, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Please show me where she said so.
Yinmu,i know your likes. I have been in the family section enough to know what it means!
The same trick some people make," i didnt say this! Where did you see me say that?" they wll even go to the extend of bringing the post!
Don't play ignorance,i am sure you know what gender equality means! Afterall,you all move in the same direction!
Smh again!
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by MizMyColi(f): 10:15am On Oct 08, 2014
50calibre:

Very well then, enjoy!!

When someone is bent on being mislead, there's not much that could be done or said to save that person.

Cococandy & her likes are in the habit of laying out self-destructive routes for young girls to follow, routes they themselves are not willing to take, while the gullible ones like you adhere religiously to their teachings.

I pity you!!

grin
Thank you sir smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Househelp Cuts Off Baby's Hand (Graphic Pics) / Wife Dumps Her Son, Empties Husband's Shops, Elopes With School Boyfriend / Why Do Girls Add Weight Or Get Fat In Their Huuby's House.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.