Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. (16180 Views)

Must A Wife Always Say Yes To Sex?by Bunmi Sofola / I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month / Eniola Kashaam: They Said I Was Too Fat To Find A Husband But I Got The Best (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by Nobody: 8:31pm On Oct 14, 2014
freshdude2:
You're right, this is not a gender war and I'm not instigating one. What you've stated are your opinion, not fact. You've lost the plot, which is, how realistic and, in your words, factful is this report by the OP? Should this really be an issue? Etc etc

Okay. you say its not a fact, even when other women in the thread have testified to it? No problemo. DO AS U LIKE OOOOOO. dnt say women are wicked when u get disappointed.
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by coogar: 8:34pm On Oct 14, 2014
abeautifulchick:

I am.its just that i need maximum attention from him

Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by Nobody: 8:35pm On Oct 14, 2014
BABE3:

abeg make we hear word jare.
I understand why girls would say money is not important though; they don't wanna be tagged a gold digger; everyone wants to be 'miss independent'. cheesy grin

you don't have to admit it.

Do you think OP would have said yes if the man was a wheel barrow pusher? grin

Pls stop all this.I am a graduate and i am working in a multi national company.i can afford some of the things he gives to me.so money is not the issue here.
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by coogar: 8:37pm On Oct 14, 2014
abeautifulchick:

Pls stop all this.I am a graduate and i am working in a multi national company.i can afford some of the things he gives to me.so money is not the issue here.

would you have said yes to a truckpusher - seeing that you work in a MNC?

2 Likes

Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by pickabeau1: 8:38pm On Oct 14, 2014
coogar:

[img]htp://www.4thletter.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/laughter.gif[/img]

Loool
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by damiso(f): 8:38pm On Oct 14, 2014
coogar:

so you would advise a woman to marry a jobless guy with no ambition or career that drives him but he's ready to give 1000% attention? cheesy grin
coogar:

cheiii cheiiii cheiiiiii
damiso kicking knowledge as usual......let the cinderella girls keep deceiving themselves and be looking for attention. grin

Nothing wrong with attention naa grin.Some girls do not necessarily want money,power etc some don't mind a modest lifestyle,sharing one car etc if it means they get to spend more time with their spouse.

In other words,know what you want.Dont marry or date a fiercely driven person(some women are too) and start whining about attention.apart from driven some people's line of work need it .even we the children knew that daddy goes to island club every Friday night.we could be eating dinner and next thing he has to go to Abuja for 2 days.Funny enough my hubby is direct oppodite because in a way I knew I was not like my mum.If my hubby is not at work or studying or hanging out(very rarely) he is at home and we are doing stuff together.Deep down I don't think I could have coped with that my parents lifestyle.then again we even live in a different environment.

1 Like

Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by coogar: 8:41pm On Oct 14, 2014
damiso:

Nothing wrong with attention naa grin.Some girls do not necessarily want money,power etc some don't mind a modest lifestyle,sharing one car etc if it means they get to spend more time with their spouse.

In other words,know what you want.Dont marry or date a fiercely driven person(some women are too) and start whining about attention.apart from driven some people's line of work need it .even we the children knew that daddy goes to island club every Friday night.we could be eating dinner and next thing he has to go to Abuja for 2 days.Funny enough my hubby is direct oppodite because in a way I knew I was not like my mum.If my hubby is not at work or studying or hanging out(very rarely) he is at home and we are doing stuff together.Deep down I don't think I could have coped with that my parents lifestyle.then again we even live in a different environment.

so you would advise a woman to marry a jobless guy with no ambition or career that drives him but he's ready to give 1000% attention? cheesy grin
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by BABE3: 8:41pm On Oct 14, 2014
abeautifulchick:

abeautifulchick:

and said i should pick a cab just because he was busy hanging out with his friends. But he gives me almost anything i asked for financially.

what does the highlighted mean? Why did you feel the need to put in that piece of information? grin

As a 'miss independent' that works in a multi national company, what are you asking for again? Brazillian hair? Are you a beggar? grin

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by coogar: 8:43pm On Oct 14, 2014
BABE3:

what does the highlighted mean? Why did you feel the need to put in that piece of information? grin

As a 'miss independent' that works in a multi national company, what are you asking for again? Brazilian hair? Are you a beggar? grin

the thread is most likely a fake story but let's pretend she's real. i am being entertained here, ain't you?
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by Nobody: 8:43pm On Oct 14, 2014
abeautifulchick:

Your problem is not that you want just attention but that you want to be more important than any biz or friend which is very right so dont let attention talks shift you off focus. If you occupy that important placement you crave you will still let him do biz/have friends yet be considered first before he makes decision. Now do you have the liver to tell him to hold on with the wedding say 6months that you want to see him change the change he talked about for real and sure? Know that he can move to another gal but if he waits then know he loves you, can and be willing to change, only adhere to the time frame even when there changes and be VERY SURE the change is real. The ish if you go ahead is that he will choose his friends opinion's over yours in running the home and you can not stop bad friends that may corrupt his good manners or save him from bad biz. Come on the doubts you have are not borne out of ordinary fears they are warning signals which should not be taken lightly. BTW what are the other issues he has?

1 Like

Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by BABE3: 8:44pm On Oct 14, 2014
coogar:

the thread is most likely a fake story but let's pretend she's real. i am being entertained here, ain't you?

it's obviously fake. But I love it. cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by skyladon22(f): 8:45pm On Oct 14, 2014
You know the type of man you are dating before you said yes to his proposal

He likes to hang out with his friends because you are not his friend but his lover or Fiancee now

Try to become his friend so that when you are with his friends you all can interact

You are the type that want your man to yourself but he is not the type to can have to yourself

Try to follow his interests if it is football, politics, business etc so that when they are talking to contribute.

He maybe an intelligent guy so you have to move up to his standard.

Everything is not about me, me and me alone in a relationship. There are tunes you just have to dance to in order to make things work out

I will advise you dnt leave him since you guys love each other

All the best

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by Nobody: 8:47pm On Oct 14, 2014
abeautifulchick:

Hmm.its difficult but i think i am out of options here.i have sat him down couple of time to discuss this matter but instead he bought me my own car so that i dont have to call him to take me around.i have tried breaking up before now but he went on his knees and begged me not to leave him.i truly love him and i know he loves me so much.Is there no other approach other than leaving him?

Your fiance seems to be the type who believes he doesnt neccessarily need to spend time with you as long as you get your financial needs taken care of. This is the same mindset the men here commenting have. Since you are working yourself, finances isnt the issue. I think your fiance loves the company of his friiends more than anything and he is the type that is easily influenced by them. Can you sincerely ccope with this after marriage? he isnt going to change you know.
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by Nobody: 8:51pm On Oct 14, 2014
pickabeau1:

My dear..have u dated a broke dude before

correct babe, pickabeau.
op, if uv had the opportunity to date a BROKE guy or Stingy Guy. grin... u wont even ask anybody, whether dis one, u have is a husband material or not...u will grab him and guard him jealously with everything u av... he spends on you, financially without splitting bills with you, u r there having second thots....
let other ladies or some married women tell u what they are going through with their husband... u will shout halleluyah, with your own man.

u still young... 24? .....not much experience with guys... my dear, erase 2nd thots and be grateful he takes care of his responsibility without asking u for a penny.

happy married life in advance.... be wise... marriage is not Mills and Boons

2 Likes

Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by MizMyColi(f): 8:53pm On Oct 14, 2014

Your partner is a Thinker, You're a Feeler. In most cases, matches like that?
Not advisable.
But then, all that is needed to make a relationship work is two mature minds.
Feelers et thinkers or not

Abeautifulchick, I feel your pain, especially seeing as I've been there.

I let go, yes. But that's not saying you should too, in the end, it'll be your call to make.

Unlike our thinking female counterparts, feeling females have this need for extra attention. It takes a man of insight and deep understanding to know and accept this.

Virtually all the guys and some females on this thread are making you feel like you're shitty, like you don't have a life of your own........but I think I understand you. You want attention yes, but you don't want him abandoning and loosing sight of himself because he loves you.
More than financial security, you desire emotional security
Any guy who gives you that has won your fierce loyalty for life.

You just wanna feel like you matter to him. That you're also a priority in his life. You want him to let you in, in on his world.......you don't mind adjusting, you don't mind living for him.
But then, more oft than not, it feels like He's shutting you out.
Albeit unknowingly on his part.

My dear, please follow your heart.

It all depends on you, I repeat.

In other news, please remind me while saying my night prayers, to pray, not to marry the kind of guys who have prominently featured on this thread shocked shocked
SCARY!

They may be good for other ladies, not me and vice versa.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by Nobody: 8:54pm On Oct 14, 2014
Floodgater:
Your problem is not that you want attension but that you want to be more important than any biz or friend which is very right so dont let attension talks shift you off focus. If you occupy that important placement you crave you will still let him do biz/have friends yet be considered first before he makes decision. Now do you have the liver to tell him to hold on with the wedding say 6months that you want to see him change the change he talked about for real and sure? Know that he can move to another gal but if he waits then know he loves you, can and be willing to change, only adhere to the time frame even when there changes and be VERY SURE the change is real. The ish if you go ahead is that he will choose his friends opinion's over yours in running the home and you can not stop bad friends that may corrupt his good manners or save him from bad biz. Come on the doubts you have are not borne out of ordinary fears they are warning signals which should not be taken lightly. BTW what are the other issues he has?

Yes. I endorse this.
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by damiso(f): 8:55pm On Oct 14, 2014
coogar:

Coogaarrr. cheesy did I say that now.that was why I asked what is attention sef? If you spend all your time together how una go pay bills na? Most naija guys that I know don't even want to marry a jobless girl talkless of a guy? But ambition is relative like I always say.let me give an example two doctors one is content being a GP and is home by 7pm most week nights he is not poor but might not be as loaded or as revered as the consultant neurologist who is working long hours with research scientists to formulate ground breaking surgical techniques.Sometimes sef time spent away pursuing a dream might not even translate to hard cold cash.

My point was nothing is wrong with wanting attention but if you are going to get it you might have to sacrifice some other things.
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by pickabeau1: 8:55pm On Oct 14, 2014
Amelian:

ortunity to date a BROKE guy or Stingy Guy. grin... u wont even ask anybody, whether dis one, u have is a husband material or not...u will grab him and guard him jealously with everything u av... he spends on you, financially without splitting bills with you, u r there having second thots....
let other ladies or some married women tell u what they are going through with their husband... u will shout halleluyah, with your own man.

u still young... 24? .....not much experience with guys... my dear, erase 2nd thots and be grateful he takes care of his responsibility without asking u for a penny.

Lol........... I don't think she is ready for that step

She should free d guy
He even bought a car for d babe...

That is if this story is true....
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by coogar: 8:57pm On Oct 14, 2014
damiso:

Coogaarrr. cheesy did I say that now.that was why I asked what is attention sef? If you spend all your time together however go pay bills na? Most naija guys that I know don't even want to marry a jobless girl talkless of a guy? But ambition is relative like I always say.let me give an example two doctors one is content being a GP and is home by 7pm most week nights he is not poor but might not be as loaded or as revered as the consultant neurologist who is working long hours with research scientists to formulate ground breaking surgical techniques. Sometimes sef time spent away pursuing a dream might not even translate to hard cold cash.

and this is where fulfilment comes into the equation. some men feel fulfilled working long hours, bending their heads on a research & looking for the next ground-breaking invention.
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by pickabeau1: 8:58pm On Oct 14, 2014
For those typecasting guys based on comments on this thread
I wish y'all the best in your search for attention and emotional security

Come back in 5 years time and tell us how your Odyssey went.

I remember one babe1/2 that had to pretend just to keep a relationship being a fierce woman and all

No worry una still dey in demand....
No be today nyaansh dey back

1 Like

Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by Nobody: 8:58pm On Oct 14, 2014
MizMyColi:

Your partner is a Thinker, You're a Feeler. In most cases, matches like that?
Not advisable.
But then, all that is needed to make a relationship work is two mature minds.
Feelers et thinkers or not

Abeautifulchick, I feel your pain, especially seeing as I've been there.

I let go, yes. But that's not saying you should too, in the end, it'll be your call to make.

Unlike our thinking female counterparts, feeling females have this need for extra attention. It takes a man of insight and deep understanding to know and accept this.

Virtually all the guys and some females on this thread are making you feel like you're shitty, like you don't have a life of your own........but I think I understand you. You want attention yes, but you don't want him abandoning and loosing sight of himself because he loves you.
More than financial security, you desire emotional security
Any guy who gives you that has won your fierce loyalty for life.

You just wanna feel like you matter to him. That you're also a priority in his life. You want him to let you in, in on his world.......you don't mind adjusting, you don't mind living for him.
But then, more oft than not, it feels like He's shutting you out.
Albeit unknowingly on his part.

My dear, please follow your heart.

It all depends on you, I repeat.

In other news, please remind me while saying my night prayers, to pray, not to marry the kind of guys who have prominently featured on this thread shocked shocked
SCARY!

They may be good for other ladies, not me and vice versa.

Cool. Exactly my thoughts. Especially the bolded.

1 Like

Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by Nobody: 8:59pm On Oct 14, 2014

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by Nobody: 9:00pm On Oct 14, 2014
BABE3:

As a 'miss independent' that works in a multi national company, what are you asking for again? Brazillian hair? Are you a beggar? grin
You are really sounding immature now.This is my boyfriend,my best friend,my confidant,we share everything together,he knows my needs even before i ask and he always fix it and i offer my best support when he is in need also.most men especially rich ones feel insecure when their working class girlfriends dont ask for anything,he even bought me a car when i dint ask for it and its only natural that i acknowledge it and appreciate him.IF YOU HAVE A BOYFRIEND THAT TRULLY LOVES AND APPRECIATE YOU,YOU WILL UNDERSTAND.I only came online because i needed advice and not to insult or be insulted by anybody.PLS BE GUILDED.If you check my handle ,you will see that i have always been an inactive nairalander.Thanks.
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by damiso(f): 9:01pm On Oct 14, 2014
coogar:

and this is where fulfilment comes into the equation. some men feel fulfilled working long hours, bending their heads on a research & looking for the next ground-breaking invention.

We are saying the same thing.are you now saying the GP is jobless or lacks ambition? He does but his ambition might not necessarily require long back breaking hours. The GP might even earn far more than an entry level analyst in the city who spends 12 hrs a day at work.

Are you not earning £500 a day? tongue tongue the other day you were looking to check out of work at 5pm 5 pm coogar when your mates are sleeping in the office tongue tongue grin grin
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by BABE3: 9:04pm On Oct 14, 2014
pickabeau1:
For those typecasting guys based on comments on this thread
I wish y'all the best in your search for attention and emotional security

Come back in 5 years time

2 years is all they need. After the honeymoon phase; when attention becomes useless. grin

Buncha Disney girls.

I don't even fault some guys for not giving the attention. A good number of girls have nothing upstairs apart from brazillian hair and telemundo. Why won't they prefer to spend time with their friends, when their gfs can't even hold intelligent conversations?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by coogar: 9:06pm On Oct 14, 2014
damiso:

We are saying the same thing.are you now saying the GP is jobless or lacks ambition? He does but his ambition might not necessarily require long back breaking hours.

ambition is relative, i agree....
being successful is also relative. however, if we are talking about the ground-breaking successful men, they rarely have time for lovey dovey. how many times would obama be playing snakes & ladder with michele?

Are you not earning £500 a day? tongue tongue the other day you were looking to check out of work at 5pm 5 pm coogar when your mates are sleeping in the office tongue tongue grin grin

i had a game to play with a friend in japan that evening. grin
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by pickabeau1: 9:07pm On Oct 14, 2014
BABE3:

2 years is all they need. After the honeymoon phase; when attention becomes useless. grin

Buncha Disney girls.

I don't even fault some guys for not giving the attention. A good number of girls have nothing upstairs apart from brazillian hair and telemundo. Why won't they prefer to spend time with their friends, when their gfs can't even hold intelligent conversations?

I was trying to be nice
Lol......don't worry they will start spouting radical manhate then.

Exactly what I said in my summary

This chic is a trophy wife who just happens to earn some money

He does not see her as relevant to Hus hustle n still she hates his pals..
Double whammy
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by Nobody: 9:09pm On Oct 14, 2014
coogar:

Wouldnt blame you though.i blame myself for bringing a delicate story here.So have fun all you want.
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by bournvita: 9:10pm On Oct 14, 2014
@OP

Do you work? Do you have a job?

Do you read mills and boon or historical romance novel?

1 Like

Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by BABE3: 9:10pm On Oct 14, 2014
abeautifulchick:

You are really sounding immature now.This is my boyfriend,my best friend,my confidant,we share everything together,he knows my needs even before i ask and he always fix it and i offer my best support when he is in need also.most men especially rich ones feel insecure when their working class girlfriends dont ask for anything,he even bought me a car when i dint ask for it and its only natural that i acknowledge it and appreciate him.IF YOU HAVE A BOYFRIEND THAT TRULLY LOVES AND APPRECIATE YOU,YOU WILL UNDERSTAND.I only came online because i needed advice and not to insult or be insulted by anybody.PLS BE GUILDED.If you check my handle ,you will see that i have always been an inactive nairalander.Thanks.

why did you feel to include the fact that he helps you financially, if you're really 'miss independent'? Why is that a plus? cheesy why was the money aspect so important to you?

So you do have a boyfriend that truly loves and appreciate you, so what else do you want, disney princess? grin
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by FynBabe(f): 9:12pm On Oct 14, 2014
Na wa for you o! For your mind, everything is about money abi? The op raised an issue of concern and all you can think about is how her fiance is not sharing bills with her. You just confirmed with this post of yours that the guys here are right afterall, I thought they were just having fun when they said money comes top on the priority of most women.
Amelian:

correct babe, pickabeau.
op, if uv had the opportunity to date a BROKE guy or Stingy Guy. grin... u wont even ask anybody, whether dis one, u have is a husband material or not...u will grab him and guard him jealously with everything u av... he spends on you, financially without splitting bills with you, u r there having second thots....

1 Like

Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by coogar: 9:12pm On Oct 14, 2014
BABE3:

Buncha Disney girls.

and this is a very good point!

some women cannot adapt to the taste of their partners & they never seem to get quality time with him. if her partner loves football, he should start following football too - adopt a rival club & let the banter start.....

but na lie o....
the typical naija babe wants to watch yoruba magic when a champions league game is on. they monopolise the remote control so they can see the latest episode of the kardashians. why would any guy want to sit at home & watch such?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? / Why Do Some Mothers-In-law Always Maltreat Their Daughters-In-laws? / Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.