Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,343 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? (30386 Views)

Guys,how Do Yhu Initiate S3x When You Are Alone with a Girl? / 10 Statements Ladies Make To Scare Guys When They Initiate Sex / What Will It Take For A Guy To Initiate A Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by seunwen2(m): 6:58am On Oct 18, 2014
Just observing
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by kingvicking(m): 6:59am On Oct 18, 2014
GamaG:
I want to know whether it is the sole duty of men to say 'I love you' first before the women respond with 'I love you too'.

These days, na the babe go the wire am for your ear 24/7, I love you for morning, afternoon, evening, night. Especially if she loves you sincerely. She won't even wait for I love you too
Have you forgotten? What a man can do, a woman can try.lol
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by Ucheosefoh(m): 6:59am On Oct 18, 2014
paramedic:
if you don't, who will?
or you looking for whom to call a cheap girl?
as far as the flag is green white and green,
it's your responsibility to initiate such
See mindset so a girl should not initiate it first cus its a man's responsibility which kind school taught you that. If you date my kind you go wait for am tire cus I can't be initiating it while a girl's duty is to respond rather than reciprocate. @topic I wonder the type of girls you guys date, the ones I date always initiate it first in the relationship before I will start reciprocation.
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by Nobody: 7:02am On Oct 18, 2014
It's a simple logic, d guy plays d song 1st just to get 2 d honey pot while d lady sings d koruz 4eva. If she dont, she doesnt feel u!
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by dre11(m): 7:05am On Oct 18, 2014
prettythicksme:
Anyone can say it but guys should always be the one to say it first not a ladies so that we won't look cheap.

cheesy
cheesy
Lady.. .. How can u look cheap in a relationship that is on
Is not like the guy is just wooing u now.. ... The relationship has being on and everytime the lady wants the guy to say that magic word

Why not allow him to act the magic word and believe that he still loves u than him saying the magic words and his actions doesn't speak that magic words.. .......

That's why a player's is sooo good at his game because he knows the right words to say where as he might not mean it

2 Likes

Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by Bluffly: 7:06am On Oct 18, 2014
19naia:
If not for women taking the lead and giving birth to men, there would be no men... The women of course lead the way in all matters of proper function of humanity.. The men are just there to challenge them by making problems so things dont get boring for the women... Oh and yes the men also are slaves to do the hard labour, feed and house the women when they are laden with children to birth and raise...

If we wait on men to initiate love, then we allow opening the gate for Esu to harness the world for his kingdom of hell.... If we step aside and let women, they will find the way even if with failures and difficulty along the way but only to bring us all closer to love without laying foundations for Esu and his kingdom of hell.... I know some womem are evil ,but behind every evil woman is an abusive or manipulative man of usury.. wink
Hmm...du...
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by dre11(m): 7:08am On Oct 18, 2014
SpcAgtOko:
It is better if the man says it first - for the first time..

After that, either one grin

I guess the man would have said it even before the lady accept full to date her.. ...

So,
The person saying it is not a problem to me but is he acting it.......... that suppose to be the concern of the ladies
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by fecosequence(m): 7:10am On Oct 18, 2014
Yomieluv:
The women folks are something else,they want everything center around them.

I thought I was the only one in this,till this thread.

Fiancee won't say it,till I say it first. Since I noticed that,I locked up too,after all,display of affection shouldn't be one sided..

I only say it when in the mood to fight "chinese" with her to grant me easy access. Body no be firewood.
bad nigga
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by mindovamatter: 7:12am On Oct 18, 2014
Hmmmm.....na d guy dey feel am pass undecided
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by Nobody: 7:13am On Oct 18, 2014
Depending on d gravity of the feelings/emotions @ dat moment, anybody could say it esp. when sth impressive and touching is done or probably d romance section forces d words uncontrollably out of their mouths non-stop, den u can really judge whose duty it really is.cheesy
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by dre11(m): 7:16am On Oct 18, 2014
evegran:
It can be anyone- m ale or female, depending on the situation or growth of emotions I guess. The fear here should be hoping it is a mutual thing and not a one sided feeling.

Nice to have some ladies that are not stereotype to this one side notions stuff
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by Auxiliary(m): 7:16am On Oct 18, 2014
In simple words.... Just tell her, she will surely be the 1 initiating it! I actual have to tell my gal, before she starts initiating it... When am silent she knows wat to do! Majority of them do not realize this. Let her know u both are dating each other!

1 Like

Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by ojialo(m): 7:16am On Oct 18, 2014
Yomieluv:
The women folks are something else,they want everything center around them.

I thought I was the only one in this,till this thread.

Fiancee won't say it,till I say it first. Since I noticed that,I locked up too,after all,display of affection shouldn't be one sided..

I only say it when in the mood to fight "chinese" with her to grant me easy access. Body no be firewood.
gbam.. I stop too..
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by Nobody: 7:18am On Oct 18, 2014
Sometimes, its just the orientation of the girl. Some girls are emotionally uptight, they don't just find themselves saying sweet things to their partners. They do all the loving in their minds.

Sometimes, the love has gone cold. She doesn't feel that blood rush in her. So, she doesn't get emotional enough to say it.

Sometimes, it can be you. You don't always put her in that emotional position to say it. You even say it at the wrong time. When you say it at the wrong time, it will just be a duty for her to reply.

Sometimes, it is because she's not feeling the boy.

This love thing is getting boring, "I love you" is a statement, I don't know why it requires an answer.

1 Like

Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by Missyetty(f): 7:18am On Oct 18, 2014
I dn't bliv dat coz u shudn't generalize it, not al Nigeria women er nt romantic, if u truly lov ur patner i dn't tink showin it shud b a prob, tho my lover alwaz tel me e lov me often buh i do dat as wel
prince3009:

My brothers, Nigerian women are just so unromantic. It is common to hear phrases such as "He is the man, he is suppose to call me" and tjings like that. They feel that they are doing you a favor when they are dating you so to even say "I love you" na big wahala! The only time a woman display topmost affection to you as a guy is when they want you to give them something or take them shopping. Smh
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by fairygeh(f): 7:20am On Oct 18, 2014
Anyone, so far as it comes from the mind cheesy grin
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by ojialo(m): 7:21am On Oct 18, 2014
CuteAnnabelle:
kiss kiss Don't Know, Don't Care
I wonder if you'll make a good wife...
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by MDelgado(m): 7:25am On Oct 18, 2014
prettythicksme:
Anyone can say it but guys should always be the one to say it first not a ladies so that we won't look cheap.

We need not worry about who is to initiate the statement,Prettythicksme just told us why they don't like to initiate the statement first,Ladies don't want to look cheap..I thought so too..as for me I can say it a million times even if the way am feeling inside is different,Saying I love you don't cost a thing..Does it?
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by mindovamatter: 7:25am On Oct 18, 2014
I think the babes are always doubting till you put a ring on
their finger or plant a seed in them.....but one sure way to make her be the first to say it is SPEND CASH and lots of cash! cheesy
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by blakky97(m): 7:29am On Oct 18, 2014
HARDDON:

Sure say, but hmmmmm, could u help us with d how he should lay d question across?

"Y don't u tell me u love me first?" Dock! Simply yuck!

U see, there r some things that comes naturally, if for 7 years she hasn't been able to express her self, aint no need.
Which should make a lady really shy : stripping n having a guy explore her nu8e body or looking @ her own guy n telling him how she feels?
Seriously HARDON, most girls don't express themselves verbally.
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by jaylehk(m): 7:32am On Oct 18, 2014
My ex would always initiate it first.but my current partner doesn't just care.whenever I express d statement,her response would be "same here"
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by 2good(m): 7:33am On Oct 18, 2014
xxxxx
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by GamaG(m): 7:36am On Oct 18, 2014
khukhi:
Not its not the duty of men.
how I wish u are mine khukhi.
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by kurt09(m): 7:36am On Oct 18, 2014
She told me i love you last night. I was confused because d reverse should have be the case. Girls deceiving us since Eden.

1 Like

Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by mindovamatter: 7:38am On Oct 18, 2014
@2good.... After 3yrs of marriage. Posts like this makes me wanna remain single.
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by fentoluwa2(m): 7:41am On Oct 18, 2014
In the words of Prof. Gour, women are so cunny that their NO NO means YES YES at times and from their silence too U can't determine their choices. Ladies speak out your mind at least once for Christ sake huh
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by Tallesty1(m): 7:44am On Oct 18, 2014
I don't say "I Love You" more than once in a relationship.

But you may hear something like "You know that I Love You Nah" when I need something or when I mess up.

Why should I say it again and again?

I have said it once and it is enough.

If there is any change I'd let her know.
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by Lordmykel(m): 7:48am On Oct 18, 2014
I do not think there is anyway a lady can say "i love you" without feeling or being cheap. The guy might take her to be a cheap person and that is what all girls are afraid of. If a lady tells me she loves me, i might never take her serious maybe she said it because i'm handsome or because i'm wealthy but what if i'm not all that handsome and not rich too. Then she might be sent from the underworld to hunt men and i'm about to fall a victim.

Ladys don't say "i love you" the feel it's not their thing, the feel it's the guys obligation.
And i support them ! #lordmykel
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by Nobody: 7:53am On Oct 18, 2014
eduxerxes:
I've said it time without number, the girl I'm gonna marry MUST be the one to love me first. I ain't ready to go chasing girls...dem go think say u dey force them. Trust me, it makes the union stronger and lasting (nowadays).
You are wrong. Men are the initiators of love. Love and make a woman love you first. when she loves you back, she gonna love you too hard. In fact she will suffocate you with her love.
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by fairheven: 7:54am On Oct 18, 2014
GamaG:
for 7years now we've been together, she neva say it once to me. so am curious av decided to stop saying it.
Forget her,she is not realy into you...7yrs?is she waiting on the lord
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by Richiy(f): 7:54am On Oct 18, 2014
Tallesty1:
I don't say "I Love You" more than once in a relationship.

But you may hear something like "You know that I Love You Nah" when I need something or when I mess up.

Why should I say it again and again?

I have said it once and it is enough.

If there is any change I'd let her know.

Just once? Guy thats harsh o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nairalander Set To Wed / She's Pregnant For Me Even When I Told Her Am Not Ready / FFK: Any Man Who Doesn't Give His Lady At Least N2M For Christmas Is In Trouble

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.