Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,968 members, 7,825,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? (30406 Views)

Guys,how Do Yhu Initiate S3x When You Are Alone with a Girl? / 10 Statements Ladies Make To Scare Guys When They Initiate Sex / What Will It Take For A Guy To Initiate A Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Oct 18, 2014
happykidArotiba:
read it again, with ur right senses
u nor well! If simple n correct english nor let u speak, why nt use pidgin
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Oct 18, 2014
Have you ask Google ?
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by HARDDON: 2:56pm On Oct 18, 2014
Paulv:
broda nothing lik ring or cheating,she as been away now for lik 3wks or so, the only time she calld was 2days ago nd she was(pls call me nd imediatly hangup) if i'm to follow wat u said dat i quote i dnt no if it wl propel her to call too or i wil b messingup. but she'nt working oo.nd any time i tel her dos magic word(in a very romantic way)she wl reply wit alot of surbtility asiv she won cry.nd thnk 4 honouring my questn.

Nopes nopes nopes!

Remedy to condition 3 can NOT, I repeat, can NOT be applied here abruptly for obvious reasons:

1) she just left d country n hasn't even acclamatized yet to d swift change of culture , whether nor surroundings .

2) she doesn't even have a phone yet. Does not know how GSM ntw operate over there( phone n subscription) . Bliv me Itz way diff to what u got in Nigeria. Unless ofcos she roamed her line,,,, whoever does that?

Until she finds her footing, u got to wisely do d calling when ever she reaches out.
To help out a lil, if itz masters she went for, free internet access is part of her paciage but that wud come after her reg. So man up.

Only do these if u think she is worth it, if not, Id simply say move on

Btw, u didnt tell me if u planned anything b4 she left.
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by lotlord(m): 3:08pm On Oct 18, 2014
GamaG:
I want to know whether it is the sole duty of men to say 'I love you' first before the women respond with 'I love you too'.

honestly speaking, this issue has been giving me cause for concern as when I refused to say it, my fiancee will not initiate it. your opinion is highly needed please.

3days left to go in the CEO~CHALLENGE

‪#‎INNOVATION‬ THROUGH CONCEPTUALIZED CODING#

Please vote for ‪#‎team‬ LUG~SMIT ,a team of high borne intellectual programmers in the current CEO~CHALLENGE.

Heres the voting procedure

1, please start by liking their fan page by searching P&G CAREER NIGERIA or http://facebook.com/PGCareersNigeria

2, after that copy this link to your url tab ,this link takes you directly to our picture page to vote http://woobox.com/odgogp/vote/for/4917896

3, click on vote , it then redirects you to a facebook page stated PHOTO CONTEST please click ok ...

4, it takes you back to the voting page then you click on the voting button again....

Please your default web browser if using a mobile platforn or Mozilla if using a system..

Sharing this page also is of great importance to.....as it increases our chances of qualifying to the next level... thankz...

Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 18, 2014
I guess we are just curios as to wether our boyfrnd or girlfrnd still loves us so we say the i love u to get thr response... And that is so bad... If u love ur man or woman, den dnt b so shy to keep telling dem....nit doesnt mean u must say it after every phone call(ladies pls u guys are guilty of this). Pls lets not abuse the "i love u " statement pleeease... It should be said only when we mean it and not when we are just curios to knw if our bf/gf still loves us
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by xcoded(m): 4:32pm On Oct 18, 2014
somtimes boys need it
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by Paulv(m): 5:30pm On Oct 18, 2014
HARDDON:

Nopes nopes nopes!

Remedy to condition 3 can NOT, I repeat, can NOT be applied here abruptly for obvious reasons:

1) she just left d country n hasn't even acclamatized yet to d swift change of culture , whether nor surroundings .

2) she doesn't even have a phone yet. Does not know how GSM ntw operate over there( phone n subscription) . Bliv me Itz way diff to what u got in Nigeria. Unless ofcos she roamed her line,,,, whoever does that?

Until she finds her footing, u got to wisely do d calling when ever she reaches out.
To help out a lil, if itz masters she went for, free internet access is part of her paciage but that wud come after her reg. So man up.

Only do these if u think she is worth it, if not, Id simply say move on

Btw, u didnt tell me if u planned anything b4 she left.
oh yess!!i wrote a very romantic letter to her before she did left....containin: howmuch i love her,dat i dont just want a boy/girl frnd r/ship dat i wnt to make her my wifee nd she accepted,u need to see hw she kiss me so passionately after reading it. hmmm i wil do as u say,bcus i av the conviction dat shez into me. She's in nigeria.
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by ukerunv: 5:48pm On Oct 18, 2014
Yes o.. D duty of d man
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by Mrfils(m): 6:07pm On Oct 18, 2014
HARDDON:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Been thinking about that for a while now
But how do u put a face to a ghost within the fog?
How do u conclusively consider something so multi facet that men tru time n ages faught for, lived for and died for yet had little knowing about ?

How do u define something that defies definition?
Melt minds, lame limps , weaken wills and heat up hearts?
Something so customized such that what works for some, dooms for others?

Real time friends have been prodding for a blog, but

how do u Define Love? Men? and Women?

Tot to each his own?
Perfectly get ur point boss... In life, everyone will eventually bliv wat he/she wants to. I bliv each person was deposited With something special for a purpose. This could jst b ur own gift to 'manhood'.. Giv it a try boss, by d way u got gud command of eng language..take dis advice n *thnk me later wink
HARDDON:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

How do u conclusively consider something so multi facet that men tru time n ages faught for, lived for and died for yet had little knowing about ?

Tot to each his own?
Perfectly get ur point boss... In life, everyone will eventually bliv wat he/she wants to. I bliv each person was deposited With something special for a purpose. This could jst b ur own gift to 'manhood'.. Giv it a try boss, by d way u got gud command of eng language..take dis advice n *thnk me later wink
HARDDON:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Tot to each his own?
HARDDON:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Tot to each his own?
Perfectly get ur point boss... In life, everyone will eventually bliv wat he/she wants to. I bliv each person was deposited With something special for a purpose. This could jst b ur own gift to 'manhood'.. Giv it a try boss, by d way u got gud command of eng language..
#Awaiting My 2 cents.....
take dis advice n start getting urs wink
HARDDON:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Tot to each his own?
HARDDON:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Tot to each his own?
HARDDON:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Tot to each his own?
HARDDON:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Tot to each his own?
Perfectly get ur point boss... In life, everyone will eventually bliv wat he/she wants to. I bliv each person was deposited With something special for a purpose. This could jst b ur own gift to 'manhood'.. Giv it a try boss, by d way u got gud command of eng language..
#Awaiting My 2 cents.....
take dis advice n start getting urs
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by Mrfils(m): 6:10pm On Oct 18, 2014
Damn!! Wat did I jst do?? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Oct 18, 2014
she' s just shying ni o :Dshe' s just shying ni o
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by Kingsimmer(m): 8:28pm On Oct 18, 2014
Yomieluv:
The women folks are something else,they want everything center around them.

I thought I was the only one in this,till this thread.

Fiancee won't say it,till I say it first. Since I noticed that,I locked up too,after all,display of affection shouldn't be one sided..

I only say it when in the mood to fight "chinese" with her to grant me easy access. Body no be firewood.
grin
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by Sunshinelady(f): 8:58pm On Oct 18, 2014
chinziaski:
Sometimes, its just the orientation of the girl. Some girls are emotionally uptight, they don't just find themselves saying sweet things to their partners. They do all the loving in their minds.

Sometimes, the love has gone cold. She doesn't feel that blood rush in her. So, she doesn't get emotional enough to say it.

Sometimes, it can be you. You don't always put her in that emotional position to say it. You even say it at the wrong time. When you say it at the wrong time, it will just be a duty for her to reply.

Sometimes, it is because she's not feeling the boy.

This love thing is getting boring, "I love you" is a statement, I don't know why it requires an answer.
. U get sense ghon
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by eduxerxes: 9:05pm On Oct 18, 2014
sparkymummy:

You are wrong. Men are the initiators of love. Love and make a woman love you first. when she loves you back, she gonna love you too hard. In fact she will suffocate you with her love.
men always initiate the Love. But I want a girl to show interest in me first, initiate a love-teraction. tell it to my face. Then I'l knw that we're meant to be. Until then, I'l keep my Bachelorhood safe
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by Sunshinelady(f): 9:19pm On Oct 18, 2014
taiwoti:
With my experience, ladies that prove hard and stubborn are the ones dat say it during sex, they won't even know when they say it, this is so funny, sme ladies saaaaaa.
. Wats so funi about it? @OP; here is d reason y ur grl doesn't say it
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Oct 18, 2014
eduxerxes:
men always initiate the Love. But I want a girl to show interest in me first, initiate a love-teraction. tell it to my face. Then I'l knw that we're meant to be. Until then, I'l keep my Bachelorhood safe
Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by etungha08: 9:27pm On Oct 18, 2014
There is nothing wrong if the woman makes the first move;but she will be labelled a "desparador"hence she waits for the man to take the lead.chikeena
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Oct 18, 2014
So true. Yet if you dont say it first they would do as if youve commited one big atrocity. Yet they would never say it first. You see, many girls think the whole world revolves around them they want attention and yet they are unwilling to give it.selfish is what i call that. They are masters at emotional blackmail
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by SHOCK7(m): 10:20pm On Oct 18, 2014
paramedic:
if you don't, who will?
or you looking for whom to call a cheap girl?
as far as the flag is green white and green,
it's your responsibility to initiate such
U surprise me oh,no offence but with 'ur graduate uniform u've such 19th century mentality! cry
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by GamaG(m): 10:32pm On Oct 18, 2014
Vicrobor:

What do you mean by the bolded?
she said dat it is my duty to initiate it. dats y am asking whether it is our responsibility as men to say i love u.
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by Nelson2014(m): 10:44pm On Oct 18, 2014
LEERICIST:
Well I don't know much about love so I'd rather sit this one out.
i tink we ar in dxame team
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by Nobody: 1:32am On Oct 19, 2014
Okay, here's an idea: how about no one says it? I mean, doesn't that phrase contain most annoying sequence of words ever uttered by man?

If you ever feel like you're going to drop the L bomb, just do us all a favor and STOP. The rest of us actually like living, so please don't bomb the place. Do whatever you need to do to snap yourself out that icky haze; strike out in futuristic dance move, or take another shot of brewski (Hey, it could help. It's why you're in this predicament in the first place, no?). Heck, swallow your organ of speech if you have to!

When your whatever is the guilty party, I find it helps to seem REALLY preoccupied, or just tune them out completely like you usually do. If it really freaks you out (as it should), cram the nearest object into their mouth midway sentence, and stick your fingers in your ears. Hum loudly to the calming tune of your choice. If that doesn't work and they continue to chuck bombs, R-U-N. It's soooo not worth it, and they're obviously effin' insane...potentially dangerous even.

During the course of the whatevership, it is appropriate to express yourself in terms of 'hate level' accordingly (neutrality though not recommended, is permissible. Exercise caution). For instance, if your whatever looks especially dashing tonight say something to the effect of: "Well gosh whatever, you look almost passable tonight. I kinda sorta hate you a little less right now", and so forth etc.

Really, you'd be surprised how much peace of mind comes with dodging the 'love' bullet.

Whew! You're welcome.

1 Like

Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by Roodez(m): 10:14am On Oct 19, 2014
i'm still searching google
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by Briareos(m): 12:45pm On Oct 19, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:
Okay, here's an idea: how about no one says it? I mean, doesn't that phrase contain most annoying sequence of words ever uttered by man?

If you ever feel like you're going to drop the L bomb, just do us all a favor and STOP. The rest of us actually like living, so please don't bomb the place. Do whatever you need to do to snap yourself out that icky haze; strike out in futuristic dance move, or take another shot of brewski (Hey, it could help. It's why you're in this predicament in the first place, no?). Heck, swallow your organ of speech if you have to!

When your whatever is the guilty party, I find it helps to seem REALLY preoccupied, or just tune them out completely like you usually do. If it really freaks you out (as it should), cram the nearest object into their mouth midway sentence, and stick your fingers in your ears. Hum loudly to the calming tune of your choice. If that doesn't work and they continue to chuck bombs, R-U-N. It's soooo not worth it, and they're obviously effin' insane...potentially dangerous even.

During the course of the whatevership, it is appropriate to express yourself in terms of 'hate level' accordingly (neutrality though not recommended, is permissible. Exercise caution). For instance, if your whatever looks especially dashing tonight say something to the effect of: "Well gosh whatever, you look almost passable tonight. I kinda sorta hate you a little less right now", and so forth etc.

Really, you'd be surprised how much peace of mind comes with dodging the 'love' bullet.

Whew! You're welcome.

I can't really decide if this is sarcasm or not... But if it isn't, it is over the top cynical.
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Oct 19, 2014
Briareos:

I can't really decide if this is sarcasm or not... But if it isn't, it is over the top cynical.

Nah. There're times we can't fault the diehard cynic for their nature, but cynicism in itself is really just an inverted form of naïveté, twisting one's view of reality and putting the worst interpretation on other people's actions. It inevitably cuts one off from experiencing favorable chances/opportunities = not the life! If any "-ic" at all, I would comfortably class myself as a SKEPT-ic.

Yh that right up there was sarcasm...I think tongue NL is fast turning everything into a battleground of the sexes to the point that it's becoming someone's "duty" to say ILY. *Gahhh!* A cynic may have the most enjoyment to gain from such at post, but I believe I was merely providing a feasible solution for a 'pertinent' issue smiley
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by Briareos(m): 6:02pm On Oct 19, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Nah. There're times we can't fault the diehard cynic for their nature, but cynicism in itself is really just an inverted form of naïveté, twisting one's view of reality and putting the worst interpretation on other people's actions. It inevitably cuts one off from experiencing favorable chances/opportunities = not the life! If any "-ic" at all, I would comfortably class myself as a SKEPT-ic.

That right up there was sarcasm...I think tongue NL is fast turning everything into a battleground of the sexes to the point that it's becoming someone's "duty" to say ILY. *Gahhh!* A cynic may have the most enjoyment to gain from such at post, but I believe I was merely providing a feasible solution for a 'pertinent' issue smiley

You might be a skeptic, but your original post is quite cynical.

I really don't have problems with cynics...frak it! What am i saying? I have problems with cynics.

How can someone view life through a tainted and broken glass of mistrust?

But again, we've digressed. I agree, the post was sarcastic.
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Oct 19, 2014
Briareos:

You might be a skeptic, but your original post is quite cynical.

I really don't have problems with cynics...frak it! What am i saying? I have problems with cynics.

How can someone view life through a tainted and broken glass of mistrust?

But again, we've digressed. I agree, the post was sarcastic.

No harm. From your perspective, it really could've been either!

Lol. Oftentimes, a cynic does not simply choose to be one. They have their reasons, and they're not all wrong all the time.
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Oct 19, 2014
*double
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by daey118(m): 8:13pm On Oct 19, 2014
mhiztee:
She may be shy. undecided
she can mess in his front. But she can't say she loves him because she's shy ? undecided what's your definition of shyness again? undecided
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by daey118(m): 8:23pm On Oct 19, 2014
prettythicksme:
Anyone can say it but guys should always be the one to say it first not a ladies so that we won't look cheap.
Since when did telling your bf you love him. Qualify yu as cheap undecided abi what is ths. One saying bayyi?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What "Table" Means To Men. / I Am Doing Something Abominable And I Know But I Need Help / Why You Should Never Tolerate A Cheating Partner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.