Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Pictures Of Ongoing Standard Guage Rail Project In Abuja - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Ongoing Standard Guage Rail Project In Abuja (53349 Views)

Photos Of Ongoing Anambra Flyover Bridge / See Pics Of Ongoing Renovation At Asorock. / 2014 Photos of Abuja-Kaduna Standard Guage Rail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Standard Guage Rail Project In Abuja by KoloOyinbo(m): 10:42am On Oct 19, 2014
It is great to see Railway projects going forward in Naija. The crucial issue will be ongoing maintenance and sustainability. In some other African countries viable systems have been allowed to deteriorate. I do hope this will NOT be permitted to happen in Najia.
Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Standard Guage Rail Project In Abuja by macjoshmini(m): 12:12pm On Oct 19, 2014
talktimi:
Buhari is working
he is simply working his political way
Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Standard Guage Rail Project In Abuja by Benzora(m): 12:54pm On Oct 19, 2014
Cheap propaganda! gej has just thrown six years of a life time opportunity to the dogs. I live in Abuja but unfortunately the city has witnessed unprecedented neglect in the six years he's been there as president. He didn't start this rail project and he has failed to finish this less than 200km project in six years. People don't be deceived this rail track is not nearing completion anytime soon. I challenge the poster to give us a year of completion. Is it asking for too much just for this man to show one completed project? What a shame, really cheap propaganda for 2015.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Standard Guage Rail Project In Abuja by Xano(m): 1:09pm On Oct 19, 2014
nigerianvenom:
some say he is s worst president,others alleged he is too soft to be a President while others rant about him hailing from a minority but none has disputed his performance as d best president nigeria has ever produced.

this man has surpasses many expectations in my opinion.
building rails across d country especially in d north isnt an understatement.

building over 130 special schools for those tagged "almajiri's" by their tormentors and former leaders.
establishing over 9 new federal universities for the our teeming youths is a record.
what about the agric sector that has witness an unprecedented growth?
despite the abuses,he never replies them cos he believe that negative criticism are meant for idle mind such as d opposition..
Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Standard Guage Rail Project In Abuja by Babaji111(m): 1:19pm On Oct 19, 2014
bestman09:
God bless Nigeria. God bless GEJ and his team. God bless every patriotic person in Nigeria. I believe that we will get there soon if there is peace
Where?
Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Standard Guage Rail Project In Abuja by isomadtech(m): 1:26pm On Oct 19, 2014
Having read through this thread, i found out that a lot of people don't know milestone projects that were started during OBJ administration. Some of the power project, railway and some other key ones were negotiated by his administration. Some were counterpart funded and the agreements were done in such a way that incoming administration have no choice but to continue with them. These are some of the project being commissioned and under construction today. Dont celebrate GEJ on what he did not initiate. Also remember that OBJ came in after 15yrs of neglect of infrastructure development by military.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Standard Guage Rail Project In Abuja by Adetula1(m): 1:43pm On Oct 19, 2014
Benzora:
Cheap propaganda! gej has just thrown six years of a life time opportunity to the dogs. I live in Abuja but unfortunately the city has witnessed unprecedented neglect in the six years he's been there as president. He didn't start this rail project and he has failed to finish this less than 200km project in six years. People don't be deceived this rail track is not nearing completion anytime soon. I challenge the poster to give us a year of completion. Is it asking for too much just for this man to show one completed project? What a shame, really cheap propaganda for 2015.
guy this track you are seeing is not abuja-kaduna oooo that wil b commissioned 31st dec 2014 but abuja light rail mass transit that started 2010 of which the first phase called lot 3(central area to airport) and lot 1a(idu industrial layout-kubwa) will be completed by 2015.i dont mind taking you and your like free round the project.

8 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Standard Guage Rail Project In Abuja by Nobody: 1:54pm On Oct 19, 2014
MacluvPH:
Starting a project is different from completing it,so I give kudos to those who completed them cos they can eventually decide to embezzle the money.
The project was actually started in late 2010 by Gej

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Standard Guage Rail Project In Abuja by Nobody: 1:57pm On Oct 19, 2014
Adetula1:
guy this track you are seeing is not abuja-kaduna oooo that wil b commissioned 31st dec 2014 but abuja light rail mass transit that started 2010 of which the first phase called lot 3(central area to airport) and lot 1a(idu industrial layout-kubwa) will be completed by 2015.i dont mind taking you and your like free round the project.
They are not even interested in the truth. They are evil people who cook, eat and live on propaganda

6 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Standard Guage Rail Project In Abuja by talktimi(m): 2:03pm On Oct 19, 2014
isomadtech:
Having read through this thread, i found out that a lot of people don't know milestone projects that were started during OBJ administration. Some of the power project, railway and some other key ones were negotiated by his administration. Some were counterpart funded and the agreements were done in such a way that incoming administration have no choice but to continue with them. These are some of the project being commissioned and under construction today. Dont celebrate GEJ on what he did not initiate. Also remember that OBJ came in after 15yrs of neglect of infrastructure development by military.
but a Fashola for example can be celebrated for completing projects initiated by Tinubu ?

5 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Standard Guage Rail Project In Abuja by GoodcasHMan: 2:14pm On Oct 19, 2014
If this is true then it has to be located in a dense populated and industrial places
Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Standard Guage Rail Project In Abuja by Lamour1: 2:37pm On Oct 19, 2014
Adetula1:

Thats great, i did not know that the project is of two types.
Nevertheless, i snapped a picture of where they cut the road between area 1 and Berger, on my way to the airport this morning.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Standard Guage Rail Project In Abuja by Adetula1(m): 5:12pm On Oct 19, 2014
Lamour1:

Thats great, i did not know that the project is of two types.
Nevertheless, i snapped a picture of where they cut the road between area 1 and Berger, on my way to the airport this morning.
yes this is ringroad 1 flyover bridge.the rail wil b passing under to central business district close to NNPC mega station

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Standard Guage Rail Project In Abuja by 19naia(m): 7:42pm On Oct 19, 2014
anonimi:

And I guess to the oyinbos in Miami you are no longer from the 'african bush' because you can ride THEIR monorail with your monthly pass.
Such arrant daftness on full display.

BTW, what is the minimum wage compared to the politicians pay in the US versus same figures for Nigeria

Why should i be excluded from riding the one in Nigeria if they ever get it finished and dont run it over capacity like the ones in India..
I suppose the politicians always running to europe for their doctors treatment are no longer from Nigeria because they fear to use their own doctors and sometimes sack and refuse to pay their wages... We are still yet to see the safety record of the rail system even if the project is ever complete... Rails systems around the world are very dangerous where accidents happen regularly even in USA... The Automated short distance systems are the most safe..... I grew up african bush boy and even in Miami i live on the Outskirts closer to the bush and the alligator infested swamps, I lived the past decade in the jungle bush of hawaii and hope to retire in a bush setting some day. The bush is the only hope for life on earth and i take it an insult upon humanity that you would be ashamed of the Bush.. Who needs the asthma,cancer causeing smog and toxins of industrial effluent in the big cities? I like visiting clean cities but not for very long.... Lets hope one day Nigeria and other oppressed countries will see minimum wages that are not so far below politicians income from government office.... Nigeria has the misfortune of being among highest politician govt. office income, while also among lowest minimum wages all combined with a cost of living that out paces the quality in the standard of living... Not a good balance nor a recipe for stability...

President of USA is around $450,000.00 P/anum and that is for life as a gratuity retirement even after only four years office... Senators and congress also get salary for life upon completeing term of office which can be as little as two years...They average around $170,000.00 per annum and is the same amount in retirement... Minimum wage goes state by state like hawaii has mandate for $10 an hour while the federal mandate is $7.75.. Other states which are more expensive have minimum rates higher than $10 an hour.. College graduate jobs are around a minimum of $15-$18 and hour and salaried graduate jobs are around $1800 minimum and some states its around $3000 minimum..
Police officers in Hawaii which is an expensive state, earn around $3500 monthly starting and that does not include the added allowance for car and uniform maintaneance which brings it up to around $4400 monthly... Average for police officer in hawaii is about $6700 monthly because after they move up in rank, the salary increases significanly with the chief earning $100,000-$120,000 a year... Some cities pay the police chief over $200,000 a year... Judges in hawaii are paid the highest in government office and that is around $250,000 a year... The Mayor is only $120,000 a year... Not sure about the govenor... The figures vary by state... Some places were criticized for paying their mayor and police and fire chiefs over $500,000 a year even during retirement while the city coffers were going bankrupt...
Also a difference between nigeria and USA is that bricklayer or house builder is not minimum wage and gets paid as good as some graduate jobs.. $20 an hour is considered a basic construction worker job and others with experience get $60 and hour.. Electrician, plumber and Airconditioner repair and maitainances jobs are high paid with some earning over $100,000 a year if working hard daily... Auto mechanic is also not a low paid job, it can start low around $12-$15 an hour in basic service shops but it commnds the $20-$35 an hour in serious shops or with some experience.... The rubbish collector also gets more than minimum wage, same as the gutter or sewer maintaneance crew...
How minimum wage jobs are classified, vary in USA from Nigeria... Earnings are better here unless you are a politician and then earnings are better in Nigeria... But USA politicians have bigger earning potential after office because they are soght after to work in companies as CEO and then they get millions.... Bill clinton is worth around $200million now but when in office he was in debt from bad business deals he made before office... His new wealth is now from speaker fees at conventions world wide and also book publishing, all due to his name being known from being president in office.. His $450,000 per annum presidential retirement is just pocket change for him now...

Some politicians were CEOs making millions before office, and continue to earn millions from investments while in office and would return to earning millions after office... So US politicians are actually exposed to much bigger earning potential than Nigerian politicians who use corruption and coercion often to earn big holdings while in office.. In USA, they wait for after office term or they were already rich before office term..
Acceptable poverty in america is $800 a month.. some live off of $500 a month and that is considered very bad because it cannot cover food and rent but they survive because they live in the street or stay in family or friends house... Any one living off of less is either complicated by health issues or a vagabond who gets no government assistance due to being a criminal on government record and chooses not to hustle.. I inow people who eat out of the rubbish bins and sleep out in the streets or bush, they also beg for money to help along the way...
Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Standard Guage Rail Project In Abuja by Goddex: 8:02pm On Oct 19, 2014
[size=14pt]No vacancy in Aso Rock[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Standard Guage Rail Project In Abuja by Nobody: 10:37pm On Oct 19, 2014
kenex4ever:
U r right but I don't normally go out to vote but am his fan
just his fan undecided
Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Standard Guage Rail Project In Abuja by Bobbyjay001(m): 10:59pm On Oct 19, 2014
TribalEAST:
Ibos that shout GEJ till 3053 don't even get quarter of what the north gets. tongue
Dont mind d awon omo Igbo
Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Standard Guage Rail Project In Abuja by Nobody: 11:01pm On Oct 19, 2014
Franzeez:

Who needs ur vote? Better stop thinking u r relevant and face ur neco and waec exams. GEJ Till 2019
:-/
Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Standard Guage Rail Project In Abuja by Toble: 11:47pm On Oct 19, 2014
iterator25:
makes you wonder what obasanjo did for 8 years
I wouldn't like to start listing but to start with the least, it wouldn't have been possible for you to comment on this thread surfing the internet, calling, et al.
Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Standard Guage Rail Project In Abuja by arresa: 11:49pm On Oct 19, 2014
[s]
ayobase:

u just hanged yourself.....I have been waiting for that......

and you must be one of the greatest id.iots that has eventually put to shame the most stu.pid fool I have ever known on this platform.

- Power
-Agriculture
-Road
-Transportation
-Sure-P project
-Economy
-Water
-Pension reforms
-Aviation

Visit transformationwatch.com/2013/05/27/mid-term-reportachievements-of-president-goodluck-jonathan/ and come counter what he hasn't or not yet started.

if a village illiterate like me can still enlighten, then I wonder what sort of empty brains we have zombeing about in the cities where we have the Federal government projects.

u better no choke ur life with hate-syndrome.

here I will "STFU"

God bless us all.
[/s]

Please share and confine this senseless rubbish to your kind.....
Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Standard Guage Rail Project In Abuja by kenex4ever(m): 11:55pm On Oct 19, 2014
Sexipea:
just his fan undecided
not just, am a supporter, admirer, and lover of GEJ admin. If I happen to vote den I will vote 4 u

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Standard Guage Rail Project In Abuja by kraba: 12:23am On Oct 20, 2014
isomadtech:

Sorry my friend, but are you saying GEJ should have done what d likes of OBJ and Co. did, by abandoning projects "pre-qualified & assessed for viability" (and maybe designed but not actually "started" or paid for) by past admins and start new ones, thereby adding to d over 26000 abandoned projects he inherited? That's the preserve of uneducated leaders whose sole aim is caressing their own personal egos to the detriment of actual development of d nation.

Hate him or love him, Jonathan will go down in history as having completed more projects than all other Nigerian leaders put together in a 5year period(April2010-May2015)

Other derided their predecessors, discredited their efforts and discontinued their projects, GEJ reviewed past efforts, recalibrated them, and continued/completed them. Others
planned, he's doing.

Mambilla was 1st muted over 30yrs ago, he's now starting actual work. Zungeru, "initiated" 30yrs ago is now off the boards, actual work began last year. Kashimbila is now 97% completed, just waiting for d 40MW electricity component. Almost 40 other dams have either been completed or rehabilitated.

All FG owned airports have been/are being remodelled while 5 new int. terminals and. One brand new airport is being built as I type.
He met 4000km of motorable FG roads out of 35000km, by dec. 2013 he'd taken that to 25000km.

He's rehabilitated all exiting narrow guage rail lines in the country and now as this thread confirms, the new standard guage lines are soon to come on stream

As at last count, he'd added 14 brand new FG owned degree awarding institutions to solve carrying capacity problems and ramped up funding through Tetfund, NDDC, CBN and other agencies to d tune of almost N1trillion to improve quality in all higher institutions including state and some privately owned ones.
Even with primary and secondary education that are not under his jurisdiction, his mark is indelible: Teacher training through the revamped NTI, Almajiri schools, girl child schools et al.

Let's not talk about Agric reforms, "actual" power reforms with actual Completion of 10 brandnew generating plants(over 4500MW) and several transmission projects, Housing financing and development reforms, greater support MSMEs, revival of automobile industry and on and on.

For the love of God and the fear of harsh judgement in hell fire, if Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, were to be your son, brother, inlaw, uncle or even father would you call him a failure with this kind of record

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Standard Guage Rail Project In Abuja by enomakos(m): 7:34am On Oct 20, 2014
[quote
author=Adetula1 post=27267886]yes sir,alot of rail project are to
commence soon,especially the lagos- calabar standard guage.i can tell u
the contractor,consultants,the cost n funding.[/quote]

good to hear that
thanks
Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Standard Guage Rail Project In Abuja by ayobase(m): 7:49am On Oct 20, 2014
arresa:
[s][/s]

Please share and confine this senseless rubbish to your kind.....

now I know how senseless and spiteful you are.

"arresa" is now noted.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Standard Guage Rail Project In Abuja by femiola3: 8:41am On Oct 20, 2014
IGBOSON1:
Makes you wonder what the fuc/k all the past so called leaders have been doing from 1970 to the coming of GEJ!
...why has he not given us light if he s such an efficient president?...dont forget this did not start by him?
Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Standard Guage Rail Project In Abuja by omoharry(f): 9:55am On Oct 20, 2014
brownlord:
Nonsense,I guess this project will be abandon as soon as the man gets voted in the second time, I saw this with oshiomole already. Nigeria politicians be deceiving us since 1914
BAD BELLE.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Standard Guage Rail Project In Abuja by brownlord: 10:00am On Oct 20, 2014
omoharry:
BAD BELLE.

Which kind weed you smoke?
Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Standard Guage Rail Project In Abuja by brown3: 6:16pm On Oct 20, 2014
emmygzy:
must insult somebody because he's expressing his opinion? I don't know why a stupendously animalistic rash ragamuffin like you will be allowed on nairaland.Its not your fault sha. I think seun should not have allowed people that are less 18 to register on nairaland.
idiot. keep on waiting for mr. President to come and spoon feed u.
Re: Pictures Of Ongoing Standard Guage Rail Project In Abuja by MacluvPH(m): 6:27am On Oct 22, 2014
Sincere9gerian:

The project was actually started in late 2010 by Gej
Then that means the person I quote was wrong in his analysis,so people need to be sure before making comments because I quoted him based on what he said and I made my point clearly.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Fayose Congratulates Tinubu On His 65th Birthday (VIDEO) / Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? / Dahiru Mangal Katsina’s Richest Man Pours Billions Into Nigerien Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.