Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,275 members, 7,818,934 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian (62099 Views)

Caption This Photo Of Buhari, Fashola And Tinubu / Buhari, Fashola And The Return Of Idiagbon By Ayo Alaba Idowu / 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by nijanigga: 2:52pm On Oct 20, 2014
iconize:
In a nation of almost "100million" youths, a malnourished old cargo is found worthy to lead.

Moronic nation, Moronic peeps!
who stops you from contesting.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Omimah: 2:53pm On Oct 20, 2014
davidylan:
the fact that we are still arguing over the religion of our leaders indicates we still have a long way to go. Fix the constitution and let the best man win.
I'm disturbed over the hues and cries over religion in this regard. There is no part of the constitution that says the president and his vp must be of different faiths.

1 Like

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by teebaxy(m): 2:53pm On Oct 20, 2014
Shut the hell, muslims will neva tolerate such action. so why on earth are u pple toiling with our intelligence.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by picaso77: 2:54pm On Oct 20, 2014
ratiken:

With the recent holier than thou attitude being put forward by Gov Fashola, It has become pertinent that we remind ourselves what manner of man he has been in the past 7.5 years.

1. It is on record that Tinubu is one of the most corrupt individual this country ever produced who went on an accumulation spree of every viable state asset. However, I wonder how a 'non corrupt' Fashola can seamlessly work with an extremely corrupt Tinubu for 8yrs without friction while they both accumulate all state assets to their personal names. Two cannot work together except they agree. It seems Tinubu accumulated more state resources under Fashola's tenure than his own tenure. One can categorically conclude that Fashola is either more corrupt than Tinubu or just a plain dummy/ foot soilder

2. There is still no justification to installing toll plazas on existing roads. The Lekki- Epe expressway that serves the fastest developing area of lagos state should have received fair and untolled attention but out of the dirtiness of heart of the corrupt duo of Fashola/ Tinubu.... it was tolled to their own company. When the masses trooped out to protest against it, Fashola's touts were unleashed on them even to the extent of death of a protester. If every state governor tolls roads which is a basic necessity like Fashola did..... ours would have been a mortgaged country

3. Till date, Fashola have refused to open up the state books to the public consistent with the Freedom of information bill adopted at the federal level. He has consistently and categorically refused to be accountable. For the records, LASG with monthly IGR and allocation of 29B and 19B respectively have managed approximately 4.5trillion in 7.5yrs. Unaccountability is the hallmark of irresponsible leadership.

4. How on earth can a sane governor deport non-indigenes within same country at the wee hours of the morning and dump them under a bridge. Every Nigerian indigene has the right to live in an part of the geographical location called Nigeria without a visa. It is also on record that this inhumane act have been carried out by just on governor in our history. .. which is Fashola. This act currently ranks as the highest breach of human rights in Nigeria.

5. Fashola adamantly approved a 1000% increase in the school fees rates for LASU students without any corresponding increase in wage rates. It took wide spread protest and unending strikes that forced the govt to its knee. This is the record increase of school fees in Nigeria and ranks the height of insensitivity

6. Lagos roads are repaired at 2billion/ km by the crony companies of Fashola/ Tinubu. Better roads are built allover the country at lesser rates. Height of lootocracy

The ease at which he criticizes the central govt without acknowledging any single achievement by same govt makes him a mere opposition figure who stands for nothing but mere propaganda.

Now I ask..... What are the highlights of Fashola's govt?
Lagos was a federal capital and Tinubu's govt was the height of hopelessness and such any any road repaired receives lots of hype. What key achievement would Fashola be remembered for?
i think the week end hang-over is still dealing with you seriously

4 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 20, 2014
Mogidi:
Christians in the SW may have been trampled upon but Christians in the North Central SS/SE have not been subjugated as the ones in the SW.
A Buhari/Fashola is a hint the SW and the North wants full sharia. We will not be part of it.

Most of you still go to yoruba people's churches though.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by mbulela: 2:54pm On Oct 20, 2014
iconize:
In a nation of almost "100million" youths, a malnourished old cargo is found worthy to lead.

Moronic nation, Moronic peeps!
I know you prefer well fed drunks.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by deletrue: 2:55pm On Oct 20, 2014
toludadon:
there are so much hues and cries about the volatility of all muslim ticket in Nigeria, as a yoruba xtian, i am bold to say that majority of my fellow yoruba xtians don't even know Fashola is a muslim. they see him as performance personified hence his being an achiever and intellectual is more pronounced than his religious inclination. the result of my findings and interactions is that SW is a wrong place to play politics of religion bcuz almost all families are evenly distributed along religious lines , hence they see you first as a yoruba man before your religion.
hence a Buhari/Fashola in the SW is seeing as North/Yoruba ticket and it will surely fly.
You are a first class liar. Who told you that there is even any single christian who do not know that Fashola is a muslem? He is an evil. Why? Where as there are many Christian
N/Landers who a very happy, therefore, thanking and glorifying God since WHO declared to the world that Nigeria is ebola free, tell us who among all muslems or any muslem who has offered, thanked Allah or mohammed for the declaration of WHO that Nigeria is ebola free. Go through all the social medias, N/L inclusive if you will find or come across any prayer by any muslem. Islam is evil and dangerious religion group. Tufiakwa.
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by PHfinest(m): 2:55pm On Oct 20, 2014
Moderator; this guy is not a Christian but a (abi an) Xtian!

Please modify the Topic.
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by clubone05: 2:55pm On Oct 20, 2014
I don't care who fashola runs with. ..the guy is performer. ..

GEJ is a slowspoke compared to him...he isnt fit to kiss fashola's feet.

I can't stand another 4 years of "I don't give a damn". ..and "daris God oo".

6 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by IYANGBALI: 2:57pm On Oct 20, 2014
saintneo:
Let's stop deceiving ourselves.
Why can't we have Fashola contest for presidency? Why can't APC field a "performer" rather than a "pretender"?
If Buhari is genuine, then he should retire to the background just like other elderstatesmen; Gowon, Obasanjo, et al. APC should not impose Buhari on the people.
Buhari will not retire because he has scores to settle with some thieves that looted and still looting our national treasury in Nigeria
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by bhidex007: 2:58pm On Oct 20, 2014
All what the OP has written is what I term ruse, wake up dude, times have changed, the Yoruba nation you are referring to is that of the past.
The World is now globalized , we know history and we read about the marginalization of christians in the middle east, the ethno religious tendencies of Buhari is something we are not ignorant of.
Let me state categorically to you, the loss will be too woeful for the duo, infact Fashola of present cannot win a free and fair election in Lagos state, forget it, Yorubas of the new age are now conscious of the role of religion in politics.
APC should forget Ekiti State, Fayemi has excreted a huge and stinky excreta here, people hate APC hear to death
AYO ni oh, inn ora kete Ekiti nule noko

4 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Dmouthed(m): 2:58pm On Oct 20, 2014
By the time the result of this religious wahala go manifest, that time even Yoruba muslims will cry and wish they could change a thing but it will be too late by then.
The kind of islamic practice the North want is not what Yoruba's have yet so the north is still trying to Capture them bye having more muslims among them. How many people get their hands cut as a result of SHARIA LAW in yoruba land?
The South West are just enjoying the peace that Christianity has brought but they will loose it soon God forbid.
SW be wise and be careful.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by dokunbam(m): 2:59pm On Oct 20, 2014
for now i have not seen a better combo than

buhari and fash

untill 2015, i support GMB/BRFwink
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by MadCow1: 2:59pm On Oct 20, 2014
toludadon:
there are so much hues and cries about the volatility of all muslim ticket in Nigeria, as a yoruba xtian, i am bold to say that majority of my fellow yoruba xtians don't even know Fashola is a muslim. they see him as performance personified hence his being an achiever and intellectual is more pronounced than his religious inclination. the result of my findings and interactions is that SW is a wrong place to play politics of religion bcuz almost all families are evenly distributed along religious lines , hence they see you first as a yoruba man before your religion.
hence a Buhari/Fashola in the SW is seeing as North/Yoruba ticket and it will surely fly.

As a 'Yoruba' Christian, I am not surprised you as untrustworthy as the Pharisees and Sadducees..

If Jesus were a Nigerian, we already know that Judas Ischariot would be one of YOUR tribesmen. angry

#DownWithBuhari..
#DownWithAPC..
#VoteJoeOrDieTrying.

1 Like

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Omimah: 2:59pm On Oct 20, 2014
Go on soun.
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by picaso77: 3:00pm On Oct 20, 2014
deletrue:
You are a first class liar. Who told you that there is even any single christian who do not know that Fashola is a muslem? He is an evil. Why? Where as there are many Christian
N/Landers who a very happy, therefore, thanking and glorifying God since WHO declared to the world that Nigeria is ebola free, tell us who among all muslems or any muslem who has offered, thanked Allah or mohammed for the declaration of WHO that Nigeria is ebola free. Go through all the social medias, N/L inclusive if you will find or come across any prayer by any muslem. Islam is evil and dangerious religion group. Tufiakwa.
do call yourself a christian or what?
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by sammoe(m): 3:00pm On Oct 20, 2014
toludadon:

don"t quote me , you hypocrite, as if u dnt know what it means. alakata kiti , aburo bokoharam. onise ibi
A Christian spewing this?

There might be some difference after all between "Christian " and "Xtian".
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by slimmingcare(f): 3:00pm On Oct 20, 2014
I don't think there should be any religious or tribal opinion. All I want is a change
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by IYANGBALI: 3:00pm On Oct 20, 2014
clubone05:
I don't care you fashola runs with. ..the guy is performer. ..

GEJ is a slowspoke compared to him...he isnt fit to kiss fashola's feet.

I can't stand another 4 years of "I don't give a damn". ..and "daris God oo".
wooooooooord
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by SamIkenna: 3:01pm On Oct 20, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:
Isn't that the only reason Ibos are standing behind Ebele Jonathan?

Always on time. It seems like you never miss any flight to Nigeria. Sometimes I wonder if both of us actually stay in the same North America because your flight is consistently and 'hitch-freely' on time while mine is ......never mind.

On a lighter note, how is the ceasefire with the Fuhrer, Shekau, going? If you were privy to discussions in Saudi regarding the ceasefire do mind intimating us on the caliber of BH fighters that will be swapped for the Chibok girls? One more thing: you have an idea which group broke the ceasefire? This thing is dragging on for too long, we need to conclude it for 2015 elections as soon as kwosible.
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by experimentist: 3:01pm On Oct 20, 2014
sublimes:
Pls let's allow GEJ have his 2nd term so that peace can reign. God bless Nigeria.
grin

We don't want no piss! We want equal rights and justice!
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 20, 2014
eliment:
a person of fashola will not encourage sharia no matter what, he is too enlightened to do that

No muslim is too enlightened I tell you...even as a doctor I know of fellow muslim doctors that have ds rigid mentality...deosnt necessarily show in their dressing but in dr behaviour.... religion is a way of life and it defines the way you live your life!
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Jerryolumide(m): 3:02pm On Oct 20, 2014
Mogidi:
Christians in the SW may have been trampled upon but Christians in the North Central SS/SE have not been subjugated as the ones in the SW.
A Buhari/Fashola is a hint the SW and the North wants full sharia. We will not be part of it.
at last some1 with brain!!! God bless u sir

1 Like

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by eleko1: 3:02pm On Oct 20, 2014
cool coolThank U for dis piece but in fairness,they should shop for somebody from S/E as GMB VP. GMB to hand over to his VP in 2019.Shikena
eliment:
a person of fashola will not encourage sharia no matter what, he is too enlightened to do that
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by suremanpatriot: 3:03pm On Oct 20, 2014
nigerianvenom:

Thank u for this thought provoking message
Nigerians are bunch of bitterly divided ppl. The so called ruling elites of present and past ,have really torn this nation into shreads of ethnic and religious divides with their manipulatives philosophies masking their decades of uncheck embezzlement and corruption. I bet all of ya,if don't stop bickering to focus and demand restitution,the worst is yet to come.
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Akshow: 3:03pm On Oct 20, 2014
Yorubas have no problem with muslim muslim ticket. We have problem with corrupt mediocres who prey on the psychic of the people by playing religious and tribal cards.

I'm in for anything that will kick d clueless otuoke back to d creek of ss.

1 Like

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by sheffyUTD(m): 3:03pm On Oct 20, 2014
Mogidi:

Please wake up from your sleep and see the reality. Don't be more religious than the religion itself.
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by deletrue: 3:04pm On Oct 20, 2014
soroptimist:

You better save your energy from engaging people like Shigidi whose soul has no iota of objectivity

Charlatans like them for want of nothing superior to say will resort to stale ethnoreligious National Anthem of Sharia,Islamic agenda to paint a fantastic ticket of Buhari/Fashola bad

Yet we know that Fashola's wife of about 20years is a Christian and we never heard she was forced to convert to Islam
Fashola wife na watin? Bloody liar. Maybe na another Fashola you dey talk. No muslem will ever agree his wife to be christian. Never. Islam is the last religions group that can ever tolerate.
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Jerryolumide(m): 3:04pm On Oct 20, 2014
eliment:
if u'r a Muslim, then i ain't suprised. Bt if u'r a Christian then u'r too blind to see wat they're trying to do

1 Like

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by ratiken(m): 3:04pm On Oct 20, 2014
picaso77:
i think the week end hang-over is still dealing with you seriously

If this is all you can mutter, then you are an outright dumb picasso...... kapish.
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Omimah: 3:05pm On Oct 20, 2014
adconline:

Talking rubbish. SE/SS voted for Abiola\Kingibe ticket. Voted Obj/Atiku ticket, voted Yar'dua/Jonathan Ticket. Can northerners vote Christian/Christian Ticket? Nope! We are always asking southerners to sacrifice with their blood, but we are not willing to ask Northerners to sacrifice by giving up a cup of water..
Btw, if Southern Muslims are always loved by their fellow Muslims, why do they get killed in the north by Muslims during religious riots? Why do they get classified as southerners first before their faith-Islam?
APGA should come up with a christian/christian ticket first.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Saraki Watching Spain Vs Russia Match Today. Photos / Miraculous Recovery Of Igboland with 20pounds from genocide and Civilwar(photos) / EFCC Issues Statement On Magu's Reported Arrest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.