Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,309 members, 7,819,055 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian (62102 Views)

Caption This Photo Of Buhari, Fashola And Tinubu / Buhari, Fashola And The Return Of Idiagbon By Ayo Alaba Idowu / 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by tuns2s: 3:05pm On Oct 20, 2014
I'm already having the feelings that Buhari is winning the 2015 poll...
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Nobody: 3:05pm On Oct 20, 2014
clubone05:
I don't care you fashola runs with. ..the guy is performer. ..

GEJ is a slowspoke compared to him...he isnt fit to kiss fashola's feet.

I can't stand another 4 years of "I don't give a damn". ..and "daris God oo".
Goodluck Jonathan remains the best Nigerian president and leader so far! Fashola is a tribalistic leader! Go to all places in Lagos where Igbo people and southsoutherners are predominant, Fashola's government do nothing in those places.

For example, go to Ago Palace Okota...the road from Cele to Ago Palace to Festac town is horrible and intentionally abandoned by your so-called amiable governor Fashola, y? Cos its Igbo people that are majority of the house owners and residents there.

Go to Lekki Phase 1, residents pay through their nose in the name of estate service fee plus unnecessary toll fees on a road that's less than 50km, and u say Fashola is a good leader after reaping Lagosians and helping Tinubu to acquire more illegal wealth?...my siblings live there b4 u attack.

But go to Ikorodu areas, Mushin, etc that Yoruba people are plenty and dominant, Fashola will pave even their backyard and u want him to lead Nigeria? Jokers!!

Fashola is just overrated! I am yet to see a visionary and exceptional governor in Nigeria...

Fashola is just overrated like Rochas Okorocha of Imo State. Both of them aren't as good as ppl think.

Goodluck Ebele Jonathan remains the best and number one! If not for sabotage and plenty enemies of Nigeria working hard to frustrate Goodluck's regime in order to return supporter of APC northern autocratic/corrupt leaders, Nigeria would have turn around more than it is now.

But amidst all criticisms and attacks, Jonathan is still performing, or can't you Nigerians see

Wake up Nigerians- Goodluck is a God sent man to rescue Nigeria from long-years of leadership corruption, rise up and fight your common enemies- the bloody oppositions trying hard to destabilize Goodluck and his good governance!

GEJ till 2023cheesy

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by 1stola: 3:06pm On Oct 20, 2014
gists:

fo0l!
Your religious politics is dead on arrival in SW and will most certainly work against you.
Since you know so much about politics of religion in SW can you pls tell us when was the last time a muslim governed Ogun, Ondo, Ekiti and Osun (before Aregbesola's proved that religion is not relevant in SW politics by winning a christian opposition in a predominantly christian state). People in SW don't even realize that these states have been predominantly governed by christians for decades because it doesn't matter to us. All we want is capable and performing leaders. That is why SW remains the only zone no party (except APC recently) can say it has it locked down. We sweep out mediocre govs at the earliest democratic chance. A typical example is the case of Oyo that has never returned a siting gov IRRESPECTIVE OF RELIGION.
BTW on a side note to those spreading the Pastor Bosun's message of Islamisation, Tinubu and Fashola are both muslims and both are married to practising christians. In fact Tinubu's wife was a close friend to Late Pastor Bimbo of blessed memory. Have you ever heard the wives were forcefully converted to islam? The truth is Islamisation will not happen in Nigeria, at least Not in South Wesst.
Don't mind the fool you quoted.
Even Oyo of all places with many Muslims had Alao Emmanuel Akala as former gov.
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Balkan(m): 3:07pm On Oct 20, 2014
Does the Vice President have power in Nigeria at all?
Does Sambo have any power to change anything that GEJ has approved?
To me even if you have a Christian as VP he is powerless.
The senate President and Speaker have more power than the VP.

So my take is Buhari is a terrorist. He should not smell that seat

4 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by eleko1: 3:08pm On Oct 20, 2014
sad sad embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed10 yrs for Jona is a DISASTER.The 6 yrs he do is enuf
sublimes:
Pls let's allow GEJ have his 2nd term so that peace can reign. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by san316(m): 3:10pm On Oct 20, 2014
speculations and permutations. to be or nt to be? ur guess is as good as mine.
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by deletrue: 3:10pm On Oct 20, 2014
slimmingcare:
I don't think there should be any religious or tribal opinion. All I want is a change
Register with any hospital closer to you now. It may be too late. I mean your BP will jump uncontrobly when GEJ will win come 2015.
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by gbishman: 3:11pm On Oct 20, 2014
BUhari and Fashola, perfect combination, please let us drop our religious and ethnic convictions and open our eyes to the reason.
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by drey09: 3:13pm On Oct 20, 2014
yawn... watin concern me
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Nobody: 3:13pm On Oct 20, 2014
eleko1:
sad sad embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed10 yrs for Jona is a DISASTER.The 6 yrs he do is enuf
who made it a disaster- Jonathan abi the people u are supporting It is the diehard opposition and the northern political elites that's making Jonathan's regime seem so bad...but the good news is: enlightened Nigerians are beginning to wake up, not the poverty-striken follow-follow youths who can't reason and see far beyond in the name of what I don't know.
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Emulti(m): 3:14pm On Oct 20, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

Have you ever sat down to ponder on why MKO/Kingibe Muslim/Muslim ticket won in 1993 but did not rule?

Our God is a consuming fire bro.

close that gutter u call mouth. what do u know about God?
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by greall1: 3:14pm On Oct 20, 2014
Yorubaland is at least 60% Christian.

Point of correction Yoruba muslim is %
%60.

loco4love:
Just look at Yoruba politics. How many Christians have become governors in Yoruba states since 1998? Compare that to the number of muslims that have become governors.

Yorubaland is at least 60% Christian. Why are Christians not voting Christians into office? Have they being told to back down. Muslims seem to love the political power than the Christians.

Fashola is a bad leader. This is the same man who wanted to tax church donations but was stopped from carrying out the dastardly act.

Christians now feel inferior to muslims when they see muslims controlling things. Christians if you want to see Christian governors and officials in power vote for Christian candidates and don't vote for muslims.
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Jerryolumide(m): 3:14pm On Oct 20, 2014
Vado:
So bro, you are a Yoruba Xtian? Is that a new religion? Keep replacing that mighty name "Christ" with X sho gbo. A to e ti.
i av been here 4 awhile nd u'r among the few reasonable persons I've met here!!! God bless u plenty plenty
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by kenex4ever(m): 3:14pm On Oct 20, 2014
I support PDP but if GMB n BRF want to contest den let dem contest, if they win good but if dey lose let dem not cause war in this con3 datz all.
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Ttalk: 3:15pm On Oct 20, 2014
Omimah:

APGA should come up with a christian/christian ticket first.

Seconded
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by gr8david(m): 3:16pm On Oct 20, 2014
Buhari n Fashola know what they are doing, they want sharia! but they just want to play a loose game n since they choosed to play, we are here to watch them.
instead Muslim''s hausa to rule us in Nigeria again, I support we share
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Omimah: 3:17pm On Oct 20, 2014
tuns2s:
I'm already having the feelings that Buhari is winning the 2015 poll...
In Kenya, Senegal and Ivory Coast the incumbents were defeated, Buhari is defeating the incumbent in 2015.
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by teebaxy(m): 3:17pm On Oct 20, 2014
I WOULD HAVE SUPPORTED THE COMBO HAD IT BEEN FASHOLA IS A TRADITIONALIST
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by chucky234(m): 3:17pm On Oct 20, 2014
SamIkenna:
Its a shame some folks would rather pretend they were from the moon.

Less divisive people like Chime, Fashola, Duke, Fayemi, Mimiko, Ribadu, Ata, Utomi, Akume, etc - these are people I'll vote for any time. Even Ogbeni, I'm willing to vote for him. Obi recently messed up by joining PDP but still, I'm willing to forgive overlook that. The people I mentioned above - I will vote for before considering Buhari and my reasons are simple:

Buhari is an ethnic champion, a Fulani supremacist, and a sharia monger. Ogbeni, in my consideration, is openly religious but you never hear him talk religion, and for that reason I'm comfortable with him knowing that he considers my interest. But Buhari....what you see is what you get. He may arguably be the most virtuous contestant but in the world we currently live, in this current climate of extreme political Islam, all non-muslims and serious secular minded individuals should be wary of folks who overtly or covertly tilt towards Islamofacism, Islamic domination, or sharia implementation. Its a pity that people who, either because of their peculiar history, have a much favorable disposition to Islam and all its variants have decided to cast aspersions on others who're wary of Buhari, sharia, or Islam in its entirety.

In some of my posts I stated how much I feel for the general. Buhari as a person is perhaps a great individual. However, in Nigeria's political sphere being great or just a nice person or whatever is not enough because our country is a mosaic of diverse and, oftentimes, mortal enemies. For the above reason, any individual seeking for a position at the center must never be seen as belonging to any of the extreme poles. Buhari is seen that way and this is what many of his supporters are not willing to accept. Hating on non-supporters of Buhari or insinuating that non-supporters of the general are thieves who're afraid of him is absurd. Yea, maybe some are - I don't know. But at the same time there're many of us whose parents were receiving birth certificates when Buhari was taking over as military head of state, now tell me -what is it did I steal to be scared of the general?

My candid give-away for Buhari's supporters is the following:
(1) Buhari is highly polarizing (that's a fact not assumption) and as such will be almost impossible to return for the second time as Nigeria's president irrespective of who he picks as VP.
(2) Paring him with another muslim will not only make his chances exponentially impossible, it will quickly disintegrate Nigeria if such combo wins, which I think could win.

Let me expatiate a bit on the following statements - "exponentially impossible," and its seeming contradiction, "which I think could win."

Let's try to be objective for a minute. We know that GEJ's support is strong in SE & SS. Middle Belt and SW have some support for GEJ but it still could go either way especially in SW. So, for that reason let's give GEJ a chunk of Middle Belt and let SW muslims go to Buhari. Now that leaves SW Christians in play. Given this scenario, if Buhari pairs with a South West Muslim its obvious that all of SW, NE, NW, and a good chunk of NC is going his way and this is enough to beat GEJ. But then another headache sets in: will SE & SS, the two predominantly Christian enclaves, watch idly while 'their dark' day unfolds? Folks, your answers are as good as mine - its game over.

Now, this is the "exponential impossibility" I was talking about: you win and lose - simultaneously! This is not USA or Europe. No strong enclave is going to play dead in this century. We see what happened in CAR and many more so its imperative we ponder on the outcome of some choices before thinking we can easily force it down the throat of others.

Buhari is a pill most of us will never in a million years accept. And accompanying the general down our throat paired with another muslim as VP, especially now that we're much more wary and apprehensive of extreme Islam (and for good reasons)? Wow! you've got to be kidding - that's practically saying good-bye to Nigeria as a union.
Well articulated comment, well said bro.

1 Like

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Nobody: 3:17pm On Oct 20, 2014
I'd rather vote for a Muslim who'll clear up the problems this country is facing than a Christian who'll encourage more looting and unaccountability.

1 Like

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by eleko1: 3:17pm On Oct 20, 2014
cool cool coolThank U joo.Some peeps reason from their anus.IBB tried it,he nor work,nah Buhari go com try am?FEAR NOT.SAI GMB FOR PRESIDENT
cust0mized13:
Goon

religious bigotry cannot work in the southwest. PDP tried it in Osun but they failed woefully. For your info there are more churches in the southwest than they are anywhere else in Nigeria so all these your talk of sharia/islamisation is pure nonsense to us
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by buchilino(m): 3:19pm On Oct 20, 2014
buhari is a regional n sectarian leader not a national leader. buhari is all bout d north n not nigeria. tell me, did buhari ever visited any of those dat lost their love ones wen some youth corps were brutally murdered in d north? NOOO, did he condemn d action NOOO, can buhari allow an independent audit during his time as PTF chairman NOOO, wen a northern is killed in d south, he opens his mouth, but wen a christian is killed by Muslim mob he stays silent. d list is endless. if i were fash, i will not b his running mate

4 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by swezenberg(m): 3:19pm On Oct 20, 2014
SamIkenna:
Its a shame some folks would rather pretend they were from the moon.

Less divisive people like Chime, Fashola, Duke, Fayemi, Mimiko, Ribadu, Ata, Utomi, Akume, etc - these are people I'll vote for any time. Even Ogbeni, I'm willing to vote for him. Obi recently messed up by joining PDP but still, I'm willing to forgive overlook that. The people I mentioned above - I will vote for before considering Buhari and my reasons are simple:

Buhari is an ethnic champion, a Fulani supremacist, and a sharia monger. Ogbeni, in my consideration, is openly religious but you never hear him talk religion, and for that reason I'm comfortable with him knowing that he considers my interest. But Buhari....what you see is what you get. He may arguably be the most virtuous contestant but in the world we currently live, in this current climate of extreme political Islam, all non-muslims and serious secular minded individuals should be wary of folks who overtly or covertly tilt towards Islamofacism, Islamic domination, or sharia implementation. Its a pity that people who, either because of their peculiar history, have a much favorable disposition to Islam and all its variants have decided to cast aspersions on others who're wary of Buhari, sharia, or Islam in its entirety.

In some of my posts I stated how much I feel for the general. Buhari as a person is perhaps a great individual. However, in Nigeria's political sphere being great or just a nice person or whatever is not enough because our country is a mosaic of diverse and, oftentimes, mortal enemies. For the above reason, any individual seeking for a position at the center must never be seen as belonging to any of the extreme poles. Buhari is seen that way and this is what many of his supporters are not willing to accept. Hating on non-supporters of Buhari or insinuating that non-supporters of the general are thieves who're afraid of him is absurd. Yea, maybe some are - I don't know. But at the same time there're many of us whose parents were receiving birth certificates when Buhari was taking over as military head of state, now tell me -what is it did I steal to be scared of the general?

My candid give-away for Buhari's supporters is the following:
(1) Buhari is highly polarizing (that's a fact not assumption) and as such will be almost impossible to return for the second time as Nigeria's president irrespective of who he picks as VP.
(2) Paring him with another muslim will not only make his chances exponentially impossible, it will quickly disintegrate Nigeria if such combo wins, which I think could win.

Let me expatiate a bit on the following statements - "exponentially impossible," and its seeming contradiction, "which I think could win."

Let's try to be objective for a minute. We know that GEJ's support is strong in SE & SS. Middle Belt and SW have some support for GEJ but it still could go either way especially in SW. So, for that reason let's give GEJ a chunk of Middle Belt and let SW muslims go to Buhari. Now that leaves SW Christians in play. Given this scenario, if Buhari pairs with a South West Muslim its obvious that all of SW, NE, NW, and a good chunk of NC is going his way and this is enough to beat GEJ. But then another headache sets in: will SE & SS, the two predominantly Christian enclaves, watch idly while 'their dark' day unfolds? Folks, your answers are as good as mine - its game over.

Now, this is the "exponential impossibility" I was talking about: you win and lose - simultaneously! This is not USA or Europe. No strong enclave is going to play dead in this century. We see what happened in CAR and many more so its imperative we ponder on the outcome of some choices before thinking we can easily force it down the throat of others.

Buhari is a pill most of us will never in a million years accept. And accompanying the general down our throat paired with another muslim as VP, especially now that we're much more wary and apprehensive of extreme Islam (and for good reasons)? Wow! you've got to be kidding - that's practically saying good-bye to Nigeria as a union.

When people reason logically lIke you just did with lots of objectives to back up their facts, I tend to flow with such people. I had wanted Buhari in my previous posts because of the impunity we see in the present PDP. For no reason will I vote PDP if I were to vote but after serious consideration and this your post, I will prefer Buhari to step down and let Fashola and Rochas do the magic against GEJ. If APC can put these two down GEJ will be floored. This combo will appeal to those who believe in performance, younger generation of leaders, bigots, religious fanatics, and all kinds of individuals you'll find in Nigeria
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by alasco24: 3:20pm On Oct 20, 2014
pple needs to stop politics of bitterness.democracy is different from religion.Nigerians are too sentimental about tribes issues.there are no proofs dat pple from SS,SE can do it better than northerners.is there any special things about dis government?
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by sage2(m): 3:20pm On Oct 20, 2014
Caseless:
I love yoruba people! Sometimes i wish every tribe could have their sense of reasoning and political awareness. If it is so, Nigeria would have been better.
All hail odudua!

If fashola is such a performer, then let's have him contest for the presidency and let's see if the notherners will view that with the same level of objectivity. The last time I check, you don't count on a vice president to turn a country around. It all rest on the president. Put forward your best man for the highest job.

We all know the limit of a vice president as enshrined in our constitution. Fashola did well as a governor of Lagos state, not its deputy. I am yet to hear of a performing vice president or deputy governor in this Nigeria.
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by kennosklint(m): 3:20pm On Oct 20, 2014
Apc will fail woefully if fashola nd buhari are dia candidate...
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Balkan(m): 3:21pm On Oct 20, 2014
I just the laff

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Jerryolumide(m): 3:22pm On Oct 20, 2014
emiye:
Load of jargons at once grin This must be TAN inspired. grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
u meant ''Truth'' inspired?? Fashola is good, bt dat devilish nigga called Buhari, nop!!!
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Segman22(m): 3:22pm On Oct 20, 2014
Orunto:
Buhari/Fashola(North/Yoruba) is good but not democratic for Nigeria now. Jonathan/Buhari is better. Let Buhari join PDP on the ground that he may be allowed to serve Turelage as VP till 2019; after that, he may return to APC to contest with Fashola or Okorocha for the Presidency against a new standard bearer of PDP. For now, GEJ/whoever is destined to rule till 2019. The Lord says so! No permutation can wish this off. GMB is still a DICTATOR IN HUMAN SPIRIT. NIGERIA SHOULD GET THIS DOMINATING SPIRIT OUT OF HIM before he might be allowed to rule Nigeria. My mouth is very clean. If Buhari is trained, Nigerian styled, for 2019, bokoharam and its sponsors will be controlled for ever.

Wetin this one dey talk!!!!!
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by 1stola: 3:23pm On Oct 20, 2014
ratiken:

With the recent holier than thou attitude being put forward by Gov Fashola, It has become pertinent that we remind ourselves what manner of man he has been in the past 7.5 years.

1. It is on record that Tinubu is one of the most corrupt individual this country ever produced who went on an accumulation spree of every viable state asset. However, I wonder how a 'non corrupt' Fashola can seamlessly work with an extremely corrupt Tinubu for 8yrs without friction while they both accumulate all state assets to their personal names. Two cannot work together except they agree. It seems Tinubu accumulated more state resources under Fashola's tenure than his own tenure. One can categorically conclude that Fashola is either more corrupt than Tinubu or just a plain dummy/ foot soilder

2. There is still no justification to installing toll plazas on existing roads. The Lekki- Epe expressway that serves the fastest developing area of lagos state should have received fair and untolled attention but out of the dirtiness of heart of the corrupt duo of Fashola/ Tinubu.... it was tolled to their own company. When the masses trooped out to protest against it, Fashola's touts were unleashed on them even to the extent of death of a protester. If every state governor tolls roads which is a basic necessity like Fashola did..... ours would have been a mortgaged country

3. Till date, Fashola have refused to open up the state books to the public consistent with the Freedom of information bill adopted at the federal level. He has consistently and categorically refused to be accountable. For the records, LASG with monthly IGR and allocation of 29B and 19B respectively have managed approximately 4.5trillion in 7.5yrs. Unaccountability is the hallmark of irresponsible leadership.

4. How on earth can a sane governor deport non-indigenes within same country at the wee hours of the morning and dump them under a bridge. Every Nigerian indigene has the right to live in an part of the geographical location called Nigeria without a visa. It is also on record that this inhumane act have been carried out by just on governor in our history. .. which is Fashola. This act currently ranks as the highest breach of human rights in Nigeria.

5. Fashola adamantly approved a 1000% increase in the school fees rates for LASU students without any corresponding increase in wage rates. It took wide spread protest and unending strikes that forced the govt to its knee. This is the record increase of school fees in Nigeria and ranks the height of insensitivity

6. Lagos roads are repaired at 2billion/ km by the crony companies of Fashola/ Tinubu. Better roads are built allover the country at lesser rates. Height of lootocracy

The ease at which he criticizes the central govt without acknowledging any single achievement by same govt makes him a mere opposition figure who stands for nothing but mere propaganda.

Now I ask..... What are the highlights of Fashola's govt?
Lagos was a federal capital and Tinubu's govt was the height of hopelessness and such any any road repaired receives lots of hype. What key achievement would Fashola be remembered for?
copy copy.
PDP saTANist.
Your paymaster gej is going down whether you like it or not.
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Jerryolumide(m): 3:25pm On Oct 20, 2014
emmasege:
I perfectly agree wt fashola as VP but not as him pairing up wt a northern muslim. The last time I checked Nigeria still had 19 northern states. Why is it so difficult to get a northern christian as d flag bearer? Simply because it's not about power returning to f north but to a Muslim.
Save for Gowons era, it's always been a Muslim anytime a northener is in power & a Christian anytime a southerner is in same position. For once, I'd like to see a northern Christian as president and a southern Muslim as VP. Nigeria belongs to all of us!
this is lovely

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

EFCC Issues Statement On Magu's Reported Arrest / Miraculous Recovery Of Igboland with 20pounds from genocide and Civilwar(photos) / See What Kayode Ogundamisi Said About Sen. Bukola Sarki That Got People Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.