Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,418 members, 7,812,232 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:24 AM

Pills Without Husband Consent - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pills Without Husband Consent (15046 Views)

My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent / Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge / Marrying Without One's Parent Consent - Is It Ideal ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by EfemenaXY: 11:02am On Nov 01, 2014
aisha2:

Ovarian cancer
Not being able to concieve when one wants too.

Postinor is an emergency morning after pill and shouldn't be used as a regularlong term contraceptive

Oh, I know that.

I just wish you didn't answer that question because I had a feeling his ideas of "risk" had nothing to do with the medical side.
Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by Nobody: 11:06am On Nov 01, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Oh, I know that.
I just wish you didn't answer that question because I had a feeling his ideas of "risk" had nothing to do with the medical side.

Lol, no vex. I forget say i no dey work lol
Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by EfemenaXY: 11:06am On Nov 01, 2014
aisha2:

Lol Efe you should write a book

kiss kiss kiss

I have done dear. It's titled Mysterious Depths and is on my signature smiley

1 Like

Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by EfemenaXY: 11:08am On Nov 01, 2014
aisha2:

Lol, no vex. I forget say i no dey work lol

No worries dear. Good morning sha! smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by Nobody: 11:55am On Nov 01, 2014
EfemenaXY:

So a married woman who decides to go on the pill does so, because she "doesn't want to keep her family intact"?

Yes?

A married woman that goes on the pill without discussing it with her husband does not understand the meaning of marriage. I Hope that answered your question.

1 Like

Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by tranxo(m): 12:02pm On Nov 01, 2014
The heat is on. Vote wisely. Vivly for Miss Nairaland 2014.
Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by EfemenaXY: 12:18pm On Nov 01, 2014
ottizz:

A married woman that goes on the pill without discussing it with her husband does not understand the meaning of marriage. I Hope that answered your question.

No it doesn't.

How does going on the pill correlate with "understanding the meaning of marriage"?

3 Likes

Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by armyofone(m): 4:15pm On Nov 01, 2014
Lol @Efe lady it is you biko wink
The guy should be really worried of his madam continuous use of the medication.
He should be discussing with her to stop....that he will be using condoms.

EfemenaXY:

Oh, I know that.

1 Like

Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by maclatunji: 8:58pm On Nov 01, 2014
mygeeZ:
My Question is 'Is it right for a married woman to use any form of contraceptive without the consent of the husband.

It is wrong.

1 Like

Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by ameenahz(f): 9:31pm On Nov 01, 2014
[quote author=mygeeZ post=27606190]Am married with two female kids. Was suprised to find out that my wife uses Postinor 2 without my consent.
I feel betrayed. Am just thinking of giving her 3yrs break. [/quote

It is wrong. But this story is one sided. What went down between you guys? Did you have a disagreement on the number of kids you want or the spacing? Do you help out in the home? Do you cheat? Do you leave all the expenses of the house to her alone?

In all, this issue is what a heart to heart talk can sort out. It has not come to doubting paternity of the kids or contemplating divorce. Well except you have deeper issues or you want to taste another pudding.
Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by kandiikane(m): 12:16am On Nov 02, 2014
I thought postinor2 was an emergency contraception?

Consent for wetin na? She be slave?

She should have discussed it with you and heard what you opinions were about it. I don't believe it is solely your decision to make on whether she can use it or not neither is it hers but she knows her body. Still, it should have been discussed.
Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by kandiikane(m): 12:23am On Nov 02, 2014
5minsmadness:

No you don't. Don't mind these girls giving free opinions here. You decide as the man what you want in your marriage and you decide early on during courtship. And if your wife goes out of line like disrespecting you the way this guy's wife is disrespecting him, you discipline her on the spot.

I'm not an advocate for divorce though. Its obvious they are having trust issues. Maybe oga wants a boy child like someone said and madam isn't ready yet. So she hid and took birth control. Unfortunately she got caught. Op should confront her, discipline her and forgive her, maybe come to a compromise and give her one more year of rest.

A relationship like marriage should not be easily discarded. Unless there was never any real love to begin with.

Discipline her how, bend her over his knees and spank her? Yep she has been a very baaad girl!

4 Likes

Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by Nobody: 8:03am On Nov 02, 2014
EfemenaXY:

kiss kiss kiss

I have done dear. It's titled Mysterious Depths and is on my signature smiley

Wow congrats. Seen, go order soon
Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by Godmystrength: 8:14am On Nov 02, 2014
what should a woman now do if she doesn't want another child just yet and hubby is insistent on it even after so many discussions....don't you think she will need to do what she needs to do?

8 Likes

Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by Daresh(f): 8:15am On Nov 02, 2014
mygeeZ:
How am i suppose to use condom with my wife? Weird. My last child is close to 2yrs now.

I've heard this statement before and it confuses me. Why can't you use a condom with your wife? So what form of birth control are you using? Are you aware that she could carry belle immediately after your last child was born if she didn't find some form of birth control? Why are you even discussing this on NL? Go and talk to your wife and discuss birth control options, visit family planning clinics, prolonged use of postinor 2 is bad for her health.

9 Likes

Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by mygeeZ(m): 8:24am On Nov 02, 2014
Are u sure u are not contraditing yourself. "When we discuss, we shud have consented"
kandiikane:
I thought postinor2 was an emergency contraception?

Consent for wetin na? She be slave?

She should have discussed it with you and heard what you opinions were about it. I don't believe it is solely your decision to make on whether she can use it or not neither is it hers but she knows her body. Still, it should have been discussed.

3 Likes

Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by mygeeZ(m): 8:30am On Nov 02, 2014
Thanks.. Remember we are over 5yrs in our marriage.. We shud have understood our body very well. I know a woman can get pregnant aside the ovulation period.
Daresh:

I've heard this statement before and it confuses me. Why can't you use a condom with your wife? So what form of birth control are you using? Are you aware that she could carry belle immediately after your last child was born if she didn't find some form of birth control? Why are you even discussing this on NL? Go and talk to your wife and discuss birth control options, visit family planning clinics, prolonged use of postinor 2 is bad for her health.
Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by Nobody: 9:42am On Nov 02, 2014
mygeeZ:
Thanks.. Remember we are over 5yrs in our marriage.. We shud have understood our body very well. I know a woman can get pregnant aside the ovulation period.

Oga this is not effective. Please visit a family planning center with your wife and understand the available options. If you go on like this she will keep using pills and hiding it. Those calculations fail and can change because bodies change dont expect her to just calculate and usr natural methods, there are better more reliable methods. Support your wife, visit a family planning clinic they are everywhere, every village, 80 percent if primary health care centers are equipped with family planning information and methods, they will discuss with you both and advice which is most suitable and family planning is free

3 Likes

Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by Godmystrength: 9:56am On Nov 02, 2014
[quote
author=mygeeZ post=27654372]Thanks.. Remember we are over 5yrs in our
marriage.. We shud have understood our body very well. I know a woman
can get pregnant aside the ovulation period. [/quote]that is not enough o. i have known myself for a couple of decades and i can tell you that i can never rely on thqt method only.
Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by Godmystrength: 10:03am On Nov 02, 2014
mygeeZ:
Are u sure u are not contraditing yourself. "When we discuss, we shud have consented"
what if after discussion you refuse to givr your consent, what should she now do? Just take it like that and risk getting pregnant?
Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by kandiikane(m): 10:30am On Nov 02, 2014
mygeeZ:
Care to explain how? Is discussion the same as consent? You said she didn't get your consent and I said it isn't your decision to make. It should have been discussed though first. I was only trying to be nice by saying it shouldn't be solely hers to make either, infact, it is her body, she can do what she likes.

5 Likes

Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by meine: 10:31am On Nov 02, 2014
EfemenaXY:
Why should you feel betrayed? Over what?It's her body, not yours. Besides, you won't be the one left holding the baby, making sacrifices and keeping a big chunk of your life on hold - she will.
I pity your husband and the unmarried girls who listen to this rebellious counsel. So if the guy starts cheating , it's his body right? And who are you to question whether the OP reconciles with her wife within 12 hours? If you don't believe his story, can't you ignore his thread?. Your ITK is irritating. Book ko , jotter ni. wink

OP such issues can bring paranoia in men especially if there are trust issues between both of you. Kindly sit your wife down to a matured discussion and understand her fears. Find a compromise at the end.

5 Likes

Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by kandiikane(m): 10:47am On Nov 02, 2014
meine:
I pity your husband and the unmarried girls who listen to this rebellious counsel. So if the guy starts cheating , it's his body right? And who are you to question whether the OP reconciles with her wife within 12 hours? If you don't believe his story, can't you ignore his thread?. Your ITK is irritating. Book ko , jotter ni. wink

OP such issues can bring paranoia in men especially if there are trust issues between both of you. Kindly sit your wife down to a matured discussion and understand her fears. Find a compromise at the end.
it is his body and his choice to go put his pen!s inside another woman.

Can you see how stup!d comparing the two seem?

you must think popping out children is by just waving a wand and tada, babies!
With all the op posted, the wife is right to be using some form of birth control. If marriage is not working she shouldn't be having anymore babies.

Mygeez, take your wife for a proper family planning, stop having babies and sort your marriage out or divorce her if you don't want her anymore.

10 Likes

Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by meine: 10:58am On Nov 02, 2014
kandiikane:

it is his body and his choice to go put his pen!s inside another woman. Can you see how stup!d comparing the two seem?you must think popping out children is by just waving a wand and tada, babies!

Nope yours Is the most stup!d and dumbezt post for assuming that only women bear the sacrifice of raising a child. See y'all talking as If men don't have any role to play. The guy has the right to go crazy and assuming anything if their marriage was already shaky.

Join the queue, am ready for y ' all this morning.

6 Likes

Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by kandiikane(m): 11:04am On Nov 02, 2014
meine:

Nope yours Is the most stup!d post for assuming that only women bear the sacrifice of raising a child. See y'all talking as If men don't have any role to play.

Join the queue, am ready for y ' all this morning.

Stop talking shyt! Was my post about raising a child or about carrying a child? As I wrote, you must think it's by a wave of wand and tada, babies! Or maybe because she has had two already, she can just easily pop them out.Abeg go sit in a corner joor!

9 Likes

Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by meine: 11:19am On Nov 02, 2014
kandiikane:

Stop talking shyt! Was my post about raising a child or about carrying a child? As I wrote, you must think it's by a wave of wand and tada, babies! Or maybe because she has had two already, she can juat easily pop them out.Abeg go sit in a corner joor!

Stop spewing garbage. Maybe you are the one who needs lecture on how babies pop. I still insist the wife had no right to take that selfish decision without discussing with her husband. I have said what I have said and am happy it's eating you up. grin

I don't even have business with you, go get your masters for me. Sharpening my alakpata knife grin

6 Likes

Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by 5minsmadness: 8:42pm On Nov 02, 2014
kandiikane:

it is his body and his choice to go put his pen!s inside another woman.

Can you see how stup!d comparing the two seem?

you must think popping out children is by just waving a wand and tada, babies!
With all the op posted, the wife is right to be using some form of birth control. If marriage is not working she shouldn't be having anymore babies.

Mygeez, take your wife for a proper family planning, stop having babies and sort your marriage out or divorce her if you don't want her anymore.
Sorry pls. Are u male or female?
Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by Nobody: 9:02pm On Nov 02, 2014
5minsmadness:

Sorry pls. Are u male or female?

Kandi is a she-male

2 Likes

Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by EfemenaXY: 9:22pm On Nov 02, 2014
meine:

Save your pity for yourself, you ignorant fück.

What's the correlation between family planning and infidelity? And while we're on it, who the blöödy hell do you think you are too?

Mtcheew.

6 Likes

Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by Nobody: 9:23pm On Nov 02, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Neither do you.

How does incorporating family planning equate to infidelity?

So taking pills without the husbands consent is "incorporating family planning" grin grin

I thought family planning was FAMILY planning.. not wife or husband planning... Anyway, it's her body, since every body can do what he/she likes without recourse to the others feeling, the husband can sleep with another woman (with protection ofcourse), afterall, it is his body cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by EfemenaXY: 9:28pm On Nov 02, 2014
njokusboy:

So taking pills without the husbands consent is "incorporating family planning" grin grin

I thought family planning was FAMILY planning.. not wife or husband planning... Anyway, it's her body, since every body can do what he/she likes without recourse to the others feeling, the husband can sleep with another woman (with protection ofcourse), afterall, it is his body cheesy

I still don't see the correlation between family planning and infidelity.

Care to explain?

2 Likes

Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by Nobody: 9:30pm On Nov 02, 2014
EfemenaXY:

I still don't see the correlation between family planning and infidelity.

Care to explain?

First admit what the woman did was selfish and not FAMILY PLANNING, that is, if Family planning is still FAMILY planning...

Then I can explain smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Need Help With CLOMID Please. / After 14 Years Of Childlessness, Nigerian Couple Welcomes Baby Girl (pics/video) / Wearing A Wedding Ring: A Tradition Or A Necessity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.