Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,364 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:17 PM

Pills Without Husband Consent - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pills Without Husband Consent (15050 Views)

My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent / Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge / Marrying Without One's Parent Consent - Is It Ideal ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by EfemenaXY: 4:18pm On Nov 06, 2014
Mondisweets:
yet your likes PM these frustrated feminists day in day out undecided

Lol!

Na wa o! I've even got one breathing fire cos I ignored his PM request. Now the guy claims to be disappointed in / with / for me!

Na today? grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by Nobody: 4:22pm On Nov 06, 2014
meine:
I pity your husband and the unmarried girls who listen to this rebellious counsel. So if the guy starts cheating , it's his body right? And who are you to question whether the OP reconciles with her wife within 12 hours? If you don't believe his story, can't you ignore his thread?. Your ITK is irritating. Book ko , jotter ni. wink

OP such issues can bring paranoia in men especially if there are trust issues between both of you. Kindly sit your wife down to a matured discussion and understand her fears. Find a compromise at the end.

I feel that ideally, the situation should've been discussed but I can't fathom how it's grounds for feelings of betrayal IMO. Anyone care to explain?

So, if a woman is not ready to have yet another child (for whatever reason), should she:

A) Become celibate and/or deprive her partner of sex.

B) Use a form of BC.

C) Willfully risk pregnancy, and have a child anyhow by force & against her better judgement/will.

Which of these makes sense to you?

3 Likes

Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 06, 2014
Godmystrength:
na network o.. will check now kiss how body?

We love you loads sweetheart never forget that
Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by Godmystrength: 5:07pm On Nov 06, 2014
aisha2:

We love you loads sweetheart never forget that
kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by Nobody: 5:15pm On Nov 06, 2014
Godmystrength:
kiss kiss kiss
Please can you help me with this??

Well depends on why she doesnt want another child.
If it is financial concerns I am very realistic If we cant afford another child then we shouldnt bring it into the world under the guise of " God will provide" I no gree. Till things are sorted out I dont advice more kids. What i wont advice is sneaking, the wife lets the husband know with good reason that more kids are not the ideal at that point and inform him of any treatment she intends to take.

Sometimes its unrealistic to insist on having kids when so many issues are not sorted out properly. Adukts shouldn't bring kids into a mess and feel that kids will sort out their mess for them

2 Likes

Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by pickabeau1: 5:16pm On Nov 06, 2014
No offense,.. madam

I think it will be better on this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/1984187/happily-married-man-family-section

Godmystrength:
kiss kiss kiss

Please can you help me with this?? (sorry for quoting you all.... Just need some answers)
Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by Godmystrength: 5:18pm On Nov 06, 2014
aisha2:

If it is financial concerns I am very realistic If we cant afford another child then we shouldnt bring it into the world under the guise of " God will provide" I no gree. Till things are sorted out I dont advice more kids. What i wont advice is sneaking, the wife lets the husband know with good reason that more kids are not the ideal at that point and inform him of any treatment she intends to take.

Sometimes its unrealistic to insist on having kids when so many issues are not sorted out properly. Adukts shouldn't bring kids into a mess and feel that kids will sort out their mess for them
so after informing and hubby still gives no consent, then what next?? This is my own main question

1 Like

Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by Godmystrength: 5:18pm On Nov 06, 2014
pickabeau1:
No offense,.. madam

I think it will be better on this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/1984187/happily-married-man-family-section

okay sir
Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by pickabeau1: 5:21pm On Nov 06, 2014
Godmystrength:
okay sir

No problem...
Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by Nobody: 5:26pm On Nov 06, 2014
Godmystrength:
so after informing and hubby still gives no consent, then what next?? This is my own main question

I'd say it def helps to discuss wants/needs/hopes prior to engagement and marriage.
Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by kilokeys(m): 5:26pm On Nov 06, 2014
Godmystrength .. i get ur point of view..
thats nt the issue.

its the man we r advising at this time.
helping him realise communication is d key to any smooth marriage.

he should sort things out with his wife.. reason with her, share her fears and see the issue of having more kids from her own standpoint.

its nt a case of blaming anyone here.. its better to proffer solutions
Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by Godmystrength: 5:32pm On Nov 06, 2014
kilokeys:
Godmystrength .. i get ur point of view..
thats nt the issue.

its the man we r advising at this time.
helping him realise communication is d key to any smooth marriage.

he should sort things out with his wife.. reason with her, share her fears and see the issue of having more kids from her own standpoint.

its nt a case of blaming anyone here.. its better to proffer solutions
I was asking a serious question and not sharing any point of view o. Just decided to ask it here because of the discussions going on here. My question has nothing to do with the OP @ all

2 Likes

Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by Godmystrength: 5:37pm On Nov 06, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

I'd say it def helps to discuss wants/needs/hopes prior to engagement and marriage.
Some things just don't go as planned.. e.g 1.couple have decided and agreed before marriage to have 2 children regardless of their sex, after marriage, they have 2 girls and now hubby wants a boy, or they have 2 boys and wife wants a girl?
2. They decided to have 2 children with 3 years spacing, after first child is 3, hubby wants to try for another and wifey seeing that they have hardly been able to feed the one they already have and afraid of adding more problems wants them to wait a little more? there are so many examples like that.....
Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by kilokeys(m): 5:37pm On Nov 06, 2014
Godmystrength:
I was asking a serious question and not sharing any point of view o. Just decided to ask it here because of the discussions going on here. My question has nothing to do with the OP @ all
i got carried away.. that's a tough one o.

i wouldnt advise her to. i would rather hope they have their issues resolved by communication.
ill advise intending couples to have a mutual person they respect. that could help out on issues like this when they can't come to an agreement on thier own.
Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 06, 2014
Godmystrength:

The woman is the only one who can decide the next step for herself. The two available optiona are to obey and have a child that they may not be ready for and feel guilty everytime the child has a need that cant be met or decide to be on birth control without the consent of the spouse and deal with an angry bitter spouse

2 Likes

Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by Godmystrength: 5:41pm On Nov 06, 2014
kilokeys:

i got carried away.. that's a tough one o.

i wouldnt advise her to. i would rather hope they have their issues resolved by communication.
ill advise intending couples to have a mutual person they respect. that could help out on issues like this when they can't come to an agreement on thier own.
And while they are at it, wife not on any birth control method, hubby not wanting to use condom, wife can't deny hubby of sex and then viola!!!! she gets pregnant.... so what next??

3 Likes

Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by Nobody: 5:43pm On Nov 06, 2014
Godmystrength:
Some things just don't go as planned.. e.g 1.couple have decided and agreed before marriage to have 2 children regardless of their sex, after marriage, they have 2 girls and now hubby wants a boy, or they have 2 boys and wife wants a girl?
2. They decided to have 2 children with 3 years spacing, after first child is 3, hubby wants to try for another and wifey seeing that they have hardly been able to feed the one they already have and afraid of adding more problems wants them to wait a little more? there are so many examples like that.....

Fair point. I can see how it could become a problem. The mere thought of 'straying from the script' is kinda freakin' me out tbh lol. I'll be watching...
Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by kilokeys(m): 5:44pm On Nov 06, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Easy with the insults Kilokeys. I'm in a good mood right now so I'll let it pass.

Now, as per you unfollowing me, like seriously man? You think I care? Come to think of it, I remember asking you to do that over a year ago. I also care less for your opinion of me. I don't post to make friends or garnier likes, so deal with it, okay?

And pls don't take it personal but the feeling is mutual. Now stop embarrassing yourself on my behalf and just go away.

Slam the door shut on your way out. Thanks.

is ur husband happy?

are u happily married?

u come here, nag/rant all day..

u r a terrible person.
am i suprised a nag remembers trivial issues of months ago?.. nah.. its innate
i post to make friends, socialize.. why r u here?.. to make enemies and steam off?

very sad.
i asked u not to quote me..
i knew u would nver listen to instructions.

8 Likes

Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by kilokeys(m): 5:47pm On Nov 06, 2014
Godmystrength:
And while they are at it, wife not on any birth control method, hubby not wanting to use condom, wife can't deny hubby of sex and then viola!!!! she gets pregnant.... so what next??
hehehe she should do what seems best to her o.
i wouldnt air my opinion on that issue.

she gats to do what she gats to do (sic).
Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by BuddhaPalm(m): 5:47pm On Nov 06, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

I feel that ideally, the situation should've been discussed but I can't fathom how it's grounds for feelings of betrayal IMO. Anyone care to explain?

So, if a woman is not ready to have yet another child (for whatever reason), should she:

A) Become celibate and/or deprive her partner of sex.

B) Use a form of BC.

C) Willfully risk pregnancy, and have a child anyhow by force & against her better judgement/will.

Which of these makes sense to you?

Well, depends on which part of the divide you're on grin.

mygeeZ:
Am married with two female kids. Was suprised to find out that my wife uses Postinor 2 without my consent.
I feel betrayed. Am just thinking of giving her 3yrs break.

I think P2 is emergency contraception and shouldn't be taken more than a few times in a month.

Its easy for us to condemn her after hearing just your side of the story.

How old are your daughters? Have you been pressuring her for a boy? Remember...she had girls because YOU put them in there.

1 Like

Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by EfemenaXY: 5:50pm On Nov 06, 2014
kilokeys:

is ur husband happy?

are u happily married?

u come here, nag/rant all day..

u r a terrible person.
am i suprised a nag remembers trivial issues of months ago?.. nah.. its innate
i post to make friends, socialize.. why r u here?.. to make enemies and steam off?

very sad.
i asked u not to quote me..
i knew u would nver listen to instructions.

Shut up, Kilokeys.

I understand you're pretty miffed because I ignored your PM abi "friend request".

Now I'm unhappy outside of Nairaland?? grin grin

You're a joker.

3 Likes

Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by Wendy80(f): 5:50pm On Nov 06, 2014
Godmystrength:
Please i need answer for this.. Thank you.
If her reason 4 not wanting anoda child now is genuine and hubby isn't on her side after plenty talks, Omo she gats to protect herself ohh

5 Likes

Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by Nobody: 5:56pm On Nov 06, 2014
BuddhaPalm:

Well, depends on which part of the divide you're on grin.

Unless I ignorantly walked into the thread of a devout Catholic, you can color me lost.
Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by EfemenaXY: 5:59pm On Nov 06, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Unless I ignorantly walked into the thread of a devout Catholic, you can color me lost.

I'm Catholic but that's no excuse to breed like rabbits.

1 Like

Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 06, 2014
EfemenaXY:

I'm Catholic but that's no excuse to breed like rabbits.

Sorry! I didn't mean to offend, of course. But I do know that some people abstain from family planning, and BC due to religious reasons. I couldn't think of any other plausible cause for a 'divide'.

1 Like

Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by Wendy80(f): 6:06pm On Nov 06, 2014
aisha2:

So true. A close friend of mine got pregnant recently( she has a toddler already) and from d moment she told me I knew it won't go down well wth her hubby cos thns are so hard for them right now. She lost her job and doing everything possible to get anoda, then hubby's company isn't doing well @ all. Hubby almost slapped her when she said God will provide. It caused so much tension btw dem but Finally sha it was aborted.
Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by Nobody: 6:11pm On Nov 06, 2014
Wendy80:

So true. A close friend of mine got pregnant recently( she has a toddler already) and from d moment she told me I knew it won't go down well wth her hubby cos thns are so hard for them right now. She lost her job and doing everything possible to get anoda, then hubby's company isn't doing well @ all. Hubby almost slapped her when she said God will provide. It caused so much tension btw dem but Finally sha it was aborted.

Are they considering birth control now?
Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by Wendy80(f): 6:16pm On Nov 06, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Are they considering birth control now?

Yes oh cos she was asking for d different birthcontrol last week

2 Likes

Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by EfemenaXY: 6:17pm On Nov 06, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Sorry! I didn't mean to offend, of course. But I do know that some people abstain from family planning, and BC due to religious reasons. I couldn't think of any other plausible cause for a 'divide'.

None taken dear. smiley

I get where you're coming from and was pointing out that even Catholics practice birth control. It's down to common sense jor. An irresponsible couple will be irresponsible, religious faith or not.

3 Likes

Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by kilokeys(m): 6:18pm On Nov 06, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Shut up, Kilokeys.

I understand you're pretty miffed because I ignored your PM abi "friend request".

Now I'm unhappy outside of Nairaland?? grin grin

You're a joker.

i knew u were crazy from d onset.. as a dark humored person myself.. i found ur sarcasms funny..
i knew u were married.. and i just wanted a closer rapport. normal as it sounds.. i dont regret sending u a PM neither am i ashamed.
i have friends all over the word. i enjoy relationships, i have gotten used to rejection, no hard feelings.

i just didnt know the venom was rooted deep in ur soul.

i see through u now.. this isnt just superficial humor..
u r dark on the inside.. and miserable and sad
gosh.. u make me feel unhappy, i wonder how many more u touch with ur curse.
i see through you. its very unfortunate.

5 Likes

Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by Nobody: 6:19pm On Nov 06, 2014
Wendy80:

Yes oh cos she was asking for d different birthcontrol last week

That's good. I was worried about the idea of continued abortion becoming a means of BC is all.
Re: Pills Without Husband Consent by EfemenaXY: 6:23pm On Nov 06, 2014
kilokeys:

i knew u were crazy from d onset.. as a dark humored person myself.. i found ur sarcasms funny..
i knew u were married.. and i just wanted a closer rapport. normal as it sounds.. i dont regret sending u a PM neither am i ashamed.
i have friends all over the word. i enjoy friendships, i have gotten used to rejection, no hard feelings.

i just didnt know the venom was rooted deep in ur soul.

i see through u now.. this isnt just superficial humor..
u r dark on the inside.. and miserable and sad
gosh.. u make me feel unhappy, i wonder how many more u touch with ur curse.
i see through you. its very unfortunate.

You see nothing - not that I owe you any explanations.

Now stop getting all weepy on me. It's irritating and I can't stand emotional men. angry

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

After 14 Years Of Childlessness, Nigerian Couple Welcomes Baby Girl (pics/video) / Wearing A Wedding Ring: A Tradition Or A Necessity? / Divorced Women In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.