Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,600 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? (96601 Views)

7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities / Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria / Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by muktar9: 10:07am On Nov 03, 2014
enairaprof:
In my opinion, it is much easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for students to make first class in these institutions:

1. Federal University of Technology Akure (FUTA)
2. University of Ibadan (UI)
3. Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU)
4. University of Benin (UNIBEN)

What's your view?
also in federal university of technology yola(MAUTECH)
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by giles14(m): 10:08am On Nov 03, 2014
enairaprof:
In my opinion, it is much easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for students to make first class in these institutions:

What's your view?
op u are fun o,udusok for a student to even make 2.1 na like world war 3 not to talk of firstclass
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by DiscodeeFUTA(m): 10:08am On Nov 03, 2014
ojinku:

Which one is Open University? Here in France, our Universities are fenced.

Lmao!!!!!....guy,must u??
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Tunagee(m): 10:08am On Nov 03, 2014
Quelme:
Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma. The hardest of them all... You need the Isaac Newton's brain to even make an upper class.

dem dey talk university, u dey talk ambrose all uni. go and sit down jooo.
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Tunagee(m): 10:09am On Nov 03, 2014
Quelme:
Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma. The hardest of them all... You need the Isaac Newton's brain to even make an upper class.

dem dey talk university, u dey talk ambrose all uni. go and sit down jooo. AAU na school. bullshit
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Geewynn(m): 10:10am On Nov 03, 2014
the list ain't complete tho...cos futminna ain't on the list....
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by ALKARULEZ615(m): 10:10am On Nov 03, 2014
Werriz DELSU?

Op izz prolly high on gbana

Federal Universities: leaving on past glory since 32AD
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by omusiliyu(m): 10:11am On Nov 03, 2014
334 students graduated from ABUAD; out of which 46 (14% of the graduands) were first class Hon. and 158 (almost 50% of the graduands) bagged 2nd class (upper division). Can FUTA students emulate thischeesy:-P?
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by AKPAKA(m): 10:12am On Nov 03, 2014
enairaprof:
In my opinion, it is muchWhenever you for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for students to make first class in these institutions:

What's your view?

I wonder why you Yoruba people hardly see beyond your borders.
Everything just have to be within your borders.
The best. The greatest. The wisest. The most developed. It all belongs to you.
It's only when a negative happens that you remember that Nigeria has 3 major tribes.
Do you people ever understand how big Nigeria is?

How many of you have ever crossed River Niger?
How many Igbo people have crosed the River to your place?
I believe the Igbo are in better position to say all this things, not you.
You don't go anywhere. You have been invaded.

Yesterday, one of you told me that he was posted to Omanbra State for NYSC. Is there a state called that in present day Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by cc150615(f): 10:12am On Nov 03, 2014
enairaprof:

What's your view?
I agree with futa but oau, hell No
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by jaystar(m): 10:12am On Nov 03, 2014
I don't think anyone can judge these schools from afar...Beauty is in d eye of d beholder, as I've never been to those schools up there, but from my myopic view, LAUTECH should be among the best 5.
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Gloria3389(f): 10:12am On Nov 03, 2014
FUTA no be beans especially all departments in school of earth and mineral sciences (SEMS)....generally ,all over the country, it's really hard to get first class in courses like
geology
geophysics
meteorology
...and related courses

1 Like

Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Tunagee(m): 10:12am On Nov 03, 2014
s3nn2x:
If University of Abuja is not on the list, then that list is incomplete.

I don't think there has ever been a set with up to 5 first class.....

Did you just say uniabuja? you cant be serious. Na money dem dey take pass for there na. useless school wey no get standard.please please please we are talking og great schools abegi
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by woodboi(m): 10:13am On Nov 03, 2014
Have u been to Futo.... Take a walk ard and see wot u will become after 5yrs
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by kittykollinxx(m): 10:14am On Nov 03, 2014
right from FUTA post utme, you will knw what you want to face...people sscoring 0%.....In Futa first class is like seeing a cashew fruit on a mango tree
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by RFella(m): 10:14am On Nov 03, 2014
ValentineMary:
there are some dept that has never made a first class eg architecture. Chem engr has made only 1 first class ever, microbiology has not made 1 first class for 10 yrs now. Still asking "really"

I swear oooh...true word...I graduated from Chem engr, and I know what you are saying...
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by blakky97(m): 10:15am On Nov 03, 2014
enairaprof:

What's your view?

UNIBEN! Even 2-2 dey hard
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by ALKARULEZ615(m): 10:15am On Nov 03, 2014
AKPAKA:

I wonder why you Yoruba people hardly see beyond your borders.
Everything just have to be within your borders.
The best. The greatest. The wisest. The most developed. It all belongs to you.
It's only when a negative happens that you remember that Nigeria has 3 major tribes.
Do you people ever understand how big Nigeria is?

How many of you have ever crossed River Niger?
How many Igbo people have closed River to your place?
I believe the Igbo are in better position to say all this things, not you.
You ddon't go anywhere. You have been invaded.

Yesterday, one of you told me that he was posted to Omanbra State for NYSC. Is there a state called that in present day Nigeria.

u get tym to answer d mumuish fellow
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by ALKARULEZ615(m): 10:17am On Nov 03, 2014
blakky97:

UNIBEN! Even 2-2 dey hard
2-2 wey fools sef dey get for UNIBEN or nor be d Uniben wa know for Ugbowo?

I pray say 1st class for uniben get 2-1 for DELSU oooo

1 Like

Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by dammilotun(m): 10:17am On Nov 03, 2014
Only mediocre celebrate how difficult it is to make a first class in a School. If you are intelligent enough you will strife to make record by making a first class there not seeking to down wash the quality of graduates from other schools,plus before you abuse me tell us what you graduated with
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by millionboi(m): 10:18am On Nov 03, 2014
EBONYI STATE UNIVERSITY.....dis ppl stingy wit 1st class dia

1 Like

Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by juxtabayano(m): 10:22am On Nov 03, 2014
UNIPORT wahlahi!!!
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by kenex4ever(m): 10:23am On Nov 03, 2014
enairaprof:

What's your view?
U guys just wake every morning and d first thing dat come to ur minds is to bring out lists out of hasty conclusion and hasty generalization. When u make such list next pls limit it to ur zone, ok.
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:24am On Nov 03, 2014
9jaforlife:
There is no way the list can be complete without UNILORIN on it, the lecturers even boast in class with statements like "the last time we produced a first class student in this faculty was in 1977". A lecturer once told me in class that "only God could score an A in his course"

I soo disagree with UNIBADAN on this list... That school places priority on its students' good performance and it produces first class students regularly
Who is this? it is UI not UNIBADAN.
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by sirdouglas(m): 10:24am On Nov 03, 2014
well from the look os things its obvious that almost all the universities in nigeria has been mentioned. This is to tell you that the school is not the problem sometimes bt the individual. How can u dream of first class when u dnt read?? After sorting ur way through school u expect to get a first class? Pleaaaaase spare me that!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by millionboi(m): 10:25am On Nov 03, 2014
dammilotun:
Only mediocre celebrate how difficult it is to make a first class in a School. If you are intelligent enough you will strife to make record by making a first class there not seeking to down wash the quality of graduates from other schools,plus before you abuse me tell us what you graduated with
NA So u go dey form hie...tankGod say u knw say na true u jst dey form
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by shine12: 10:26am On Nov 03, 2014
Typical Nigerian syndrome.Why make 1st class so hard to attain.I'm not saying you should dump it on students but if they work hard they should get it.I once had a lecturer that was so pissed that we got distinctions in our first year Physics exam and vowed that the highest will not be more than 48 in second year.His point was the previous lecturer made it easy. He was so right. it happened.Majority got 40%
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by kenex4ever(m): 10:26am On Nov 03, 2014
enairaprof:

What's your view?
U guys just wake every morning and d first thing dat come to ur minds is to bring out lists out of hasty conclusion and hasty generalization. When u make such list next pls limit it to ur zone, Nigeria is too big for shallow researchers.

1 Like

Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Owiii(m): 10:28am On Nov 03, 2014
The list is incomplete without University of Agriculture, Makurdi especially in engineering Great Makurdian.
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:28am On Nov 03, 2014
ValentineMary:
there are some dept that has never made a first class eg architecture. Chem engr has made only 1 first class ever, microbiology has not made 1 first class for 10 yrs now. Still asking "really"
But from your write-up, I think I know why.
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:29am On Nov 03, 2014
Reading most of the comments here....it seems people are more interested in telling tall and scary tales rather than exploring the reasons why they and their friends do not get first class.

Part of the problem is how people study.

An example of a good method of studying is the SQ3R method (Survey , Question, Read ,Recite ,Review )

More information here.......and here
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by jerryglory(m): 10:30am On Nov 03, 2014
with all d 1st claz, wetin we don invent for d world?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

20 Popular Slangs Used By University Students In Nigeria / Nigerian Words You Thought Were English / Preparing for GRE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.