Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,904 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:53 PM

Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? (96539 Views)

7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities / Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria / Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by hikmojj(m): 2:35pm On Nov 03, 2014
yoruba ni ti omode o ba de oko(farm) baba elo miran, yio ni oko(farm) baba oun ni oju...pls translate to english
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by philclem(m): 2:35pm On Nov 03, 2014
Profcamsey:
who is this mumu? Come taste eksu, u go know say God no get brother. Reppin my skul.
abeg that ur school name,I never hear before.....it must be one of those schools Federal Government is planing to witdraw their licence or even close down grin cheesy what did u say the name was/is again sef
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by bethelbrill(m): 2:38pm On Nov 03, 2014
Yustash001:
Even someone who's from landmark university will say it's hard to have 1st class in the school...

Thank You my brother
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by osasjay(m): 2:40pm On Nov 03, 2014
Do u guys knw wat u re talkin about? Have u heard of ambrose alli b4. in dat skul, it's. Virtually impossible to come out wit 1st class, Infact, it's impossible... all those universities u mentioned above, a 2.2 student in ambrose alli can come out with first class in those skul.. pls ask around b4 u conclude.
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by houseoftuition: 2:40pm On Nov 03, 2014
At www.IcanLectures.com.ng Even if you are new to the Curriculum,with no previous knowledge, it is our diligent commitment and promise to you, that nevertheless, YOU WILL PASS.

Stay in the comfort of your home or office and we'll bring you as perfect an understanding as is humanly possible.
Give us a try and see that these are no mere words.

Regards
The IcanLectures.com.ng Team
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by dein77(m): 2:52pm On Nov 03, 2014
Maser:
Dumb thread! Since when did difficulty in making first class become a thing of pride for institutions. It is rather an indictment on low standard of education in such institutions and that is how the civilized world sees it. The lecturers failed to impart knowledge and hence the woeful outcome. Universities are supposed to pride themselves in producing many firsts.

Tell them! We simply have a system that's designed to fail students.
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by ojaydedon(m): 2:53pm On Nov 03, 2014
come to unijos and see na.. B4 making any conclusion do ur home work well... Many departments hav neva had even 1 1st class in unijos b4... If u graduate with 2.1 at ujay, u will be so joyful lyk a 1st class graduate.. Its as if minimum 1st class graduate is a thing of Joy for d managaement... @op do ur research well nxt tym...
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Kunlexic(m): 2:54pm On Nov 03, 2014
Profcamsey:
who is this mumu? Come taste eksu, u go know say God no get brother. Reppin my skul.
why won't u proove ur schl
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Nov 03, 2014
9jaforlife:

I soo disagree with UNIBADAN on this list... That school places priority on its students' good performance and it produces first class students regularly

This isn't true , in my graduating set of 2002 in animal science department of U.I , 60 out of 78 of us finished with a third class but was later reduced to 49 due to pressures from the school to upgrade the woeful performance. More than 60% of the class finished with a third class or worse ( pass ). In that same year all the graduating students finished with a third class from the department of physiotherapy
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Profcamsey(m): 2:59pm On Nov 03, 2014
Elkristo:
no offence pls, wot is Eksu?
google is always ur friend
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Toeyean1507(f): 3:00pm On Nov 03, 2014
Profcamsey:
lol.Dat sch na hard nut. Faculty of science na tougher nut too. Last bullet: To those dat believes EKSU no be sch,abeg go do ur 2nd degree there if nt ur 1st. #a proud EKSU alumnus
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by benjsniper33: 3:01pm On Nov 03, 2014
Yustash001:
Even someone who's from landmark university will say it's hard to have 1st class in the school...

Take a clue from the op, we're talking of jungles here not gardens undecided
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Profcamsey(m): 3:01pm On Nov 03, 2014
eleko1:
Which dept/fac are U sir? undecided sad embarassed undecided
biochemistry but I don port to medicine.
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by anataala: 3:02pm On Nov 03, 2014
enairaprof:
In my opinion, it is much easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for students to make first class in these institutions:

1. Federal University of Technology Akure (FUTA)
2. University of Ibadan (UI)
3. Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU)
4. University of Benin (UNIBEN)
5.Usman Danfodio University, Sokoto (UDUS)
What's your view?
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Omimah: 3:03pm On Nov 03, 2014
The Secretary General of NUC, Julius Okojie, while reacting to some organizations pegging the class of degree of prospective employees at 2:1, said it was not proper because in OAU and UI it is difficult to make 2:1.
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Profcamsey(m): 3:05pm On Nov 03, 2014
philclem:
abeg that ur school name,I never hear before.....it must be one of those schools Federal Government is planing to witdraw their licence or even close down grin cheesy what did u say the name was/is again sef
lols. Na all the course for my school get accreditation. Medicine own dey come soon. Spread the message. I am not like that u r not proud of ur school.

1 Like

Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Profcamsey(m): 3:05pm On Nov 03, 2014
Kunlexic:
why won't u proove ur schl
if u ask me, na who I go ask?
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Profcamsey(m): 3:10pm On Nov 03, 2014
Toeyean1507:
lol.Dat sch na hard nut. Faculty of science na tougher nut too. Last bullet: To those dat believes EKSU no be sch,abeg go do ur 2nd degree there if nt ur 1st. #a proud EKSU alumnus
God bless you.
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Crispels(m): 3:11pm On Nov 03, 2014
[quote author=koladekolade post=27688512][/quote]

Loooool, Well written!!!!!

Pls tell me the name of the private uni abeg wink
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by rane06(f): 3:19pm On Nov 03, 2014
Soneh:
u forget to add uniical
I tell u. Unical can graduate 2 whole sets without even one first class holder

1 Like

Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Bobbyjay001(m): 3:19pm On Nov 03, 2014
Yustash001:
lol...na landmark uni u dey call post-secondary skul....u self sabi am....
Why not? A living faith established private university in Omu-aran,kwara state,home of Bishop David Oyedepo.
Is it not a replica of d almighty covenant uni where 50% of students bag 1st upon graduating?
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 03, 2014
SAVEDBABA:
passing in a public Univeersity In Nigeria is not only about reading,a lot is involved:
1)Lecturers
2)Marking scheme
3)Condusiveness of d school environment
Its not only abt reading
Why do some students make first class?
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 03, 2014
phlora:
it's very true a hard worker makes it in an school but we are not all hard workers no matter how hard we work
you're not a hardworker? Why are you in school?
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by pamcode(m): 3:28pm On Nov 03, 2014
Profcamsey:
where is EKSU?

God, se na me dey FP diz early morning of the monday?. baba, thank u oh
Lemme use this opportunity to warn those people that want to drag ONILA with me, I neva get ur time by the time I start to process that babe u go run.
smh,i just pity some pple who dey use their own life play e go dey be for them future sha
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by swezenberg(m): 3:32pm On Nov 03, 2014
FUTA might not be making first class but their second class holders are doing well globally. I think the lecturers in that school should relax a bit. The school represented Nigeria international competitions few years ago and came 4th globally. The lecturers should be ashamed that their students are making bold steps internationally and coming off with flying colors. They should quit the 'beefing' and give them their deserved grades like students from other schools. Other school lecturers involved in this act should also desist from it henceforth.
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by swezenberg(m): 3:38pm On Nov 03, 2014
lusen:

Futa geology dept. has produced only one first class graduate since its inception.. And if that is your elder brother, then he must be a mad genius. Futa geology no b beans. I rep FUTA #Archi

You are right FUTA has only produced one first class student since 1983. That guy should tell us who is brother is so that we can look it up from their archives. I have a brother that is a Dr in FUTA. We will bring out his record in no time.
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by donshady(m): 3:46pm On Nov 03, 2014
enairaprof:
In my opinion, it is much easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for students to make first class in these institutions:

1. Federal University of Technology Akure (FUTA)
2. University of Ibadan (UI)
3. Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU)
4. University of Benin (UNIBEN)

What's your view?

Idiota... Where is Olabisi onabanjo university (oou)
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Rydock(m): 3:54pm On Nov 03, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Yes,you did.

And I wrote it because you Nigerian students think that university is some place to just chill for four years , and then pick up your degree...so that you can sit down in your comfy office and collect N1.5million every month in the oil company (Bank is a good alternative.).Oh, and you think that all the lecturers are out to fail you (that's partly truth in television....but some just make things difficult for you to see if you can surmount their challenges....more later).

But it isn't .

University, my intelligent and witty friend, is where you learn to solve problems. And no problem comes bigger than making the first class. That's where your strategies come in....your time planning strategems, your study strategems , even your prayer and religion strategems.

(And let me tell ya...it is very easy to get a first class...except in my field Medicine...because of negative marking which was deliberately introduced because they want to make us good doctors...not guesswork doctors. It's complicated).

And you cannot learn to solve problems without actual practical experience. Because, that is why University is hard for you....and why all those lecturers are sooooo harsh. Because in the real world, making a mistake can be a very expensive proposition. And in the real world, you will meet challenges that would make your university experience seem like a walk in the park.

Of course...things can be made better...hence my write up.

So, you can get a first class. But since you respond to my problem solving idea with such disdain....not with a reasoned rebuttal or better ideas of your own, I doubt that you are ready to be a problem solver. Maybe your attitude to education needs some change....urgently.

Undoubtedly the best reply-cum-comment I've seen on here.
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by karpentar: 4:00pm On Nov 03, 2014
First class brain skills are for special folks. Such folks would always achieve 1st class regardless of the school of study. In other words, if you could pull off 1st class from “Community University Commercial College” in Ogbomosho (whatever that means), you will also get the 1st class from UNN or UNILAG, etc....
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by eleko1: 4:00pm On Nov 03, 2014
No wonder!U aren't familiar with the working system there.Do ur research well,U'll knw beta
Profcamsey:
biochemistry but I don port to medicine.
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by louiskay(m): 4:04pm On Nov 03, 2014
ArxHead:

Sorry bro! But it's impossible to get a first class in architecture in unizik and probably in any other school for thaat matter! The course no be beans! Talking from experience.
. Okay sire no pee....... God help us all

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

20 Popular Slangs Used By University Students In Nigeria / Nigerian Words You Thought Were English / Preparing for GRE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.