Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:15 AM

Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? (96543 Views)

7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities / Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria / Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:31am On Nov 03, 2014
dammilotun:
Only mediocre celebrate how difficult it is to make a first class in a School. If you are intelligently enough you will strife to make record by making a first class there not seeking to down wash the quality of graduates from other schools,plus before you abuse me tell us what you graduated with
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:31am On Nov 03, 2014
The ones making first class,in this so called difficult universities,Do they have 2 heads?.
People just love making excuses for failure.

2 Likes

Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by stanisbaratheon: 10:32am On Nov 03, 2014
9jaforlife:
There is no way the list can be complete without UNILORIN on it, the lecturers even boast in class with statements like "the last time we produced a first class student in this faculty was in 1977". A lecturer once told me in class that "only God could score an A in his course"

I soo disagree with UNIBADAN on this list... That school places priority on its students' good performance and it produces first class students regularly

their CGPA scale is 7.0 making it even eazier for students to make it

in Uniport, you must be exceptionally good to even make a 2:1 talkmore of 1st class
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Akkord4gov: 10:33am On Nov 03, 2014
To say the reality,I don't expect any federal Uni to be on the list comparing to the numbers of firstclass every session.Try State Uni,u go learn.I rep Eksu,d highest firstclass par session can neva be more than 10
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Dminister(m): 10:34am On Nov 03, 2014
Through out of my four years study in ambrose alli university, I did not see nor did I hear of a first class student in any of d departments. Those who were realists and had aspired to make first class from any of the depts ended up wit second class upper while those who aspired to make second class upper ended up wit second class lower.
No history of first class degree holder that can be trace to ambrose alli university. A second class lower degree holder from ambrose alli university is more like a second class upper degree holder from any other university in nigeria.
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by dammilotun(m): 10:35am On Nov 03, 2014
millionboi:
NA So u go dey form hie...tankGod say u knw say na true u jst dey form

Well there is no point forming anything.just expressing my candid opinion.in all of this schools people still make first class,some have even held a first class CGPA from their first year.so?
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by MoyoGENERAL: 10:36am On Nov 03, 2014
all this topics sef!!!!
first let me tell you something,
the No of first class ppl make depends on how many scholars opt for the school in JAMB
from statistics most secondary school scholars opt for the top schools in Nigeria..
UI, UNIBEN, OAU, UNN, UNILAG, UNILORIN and co....
let me ask you, these schools produce a lot of first class ( at least reasonable numbers) cos they have potential scholars!!!
Now, let me ask,
CAN YOU COMPARE the Calibre of Students in FUTA and UI( As much as I respect Futa, UI guys are better cos they admit top students and they have more faculties, so why will they not have more potentials for first class)....

let's compare, AAUA Akungba and UNIBEN( first class scarce for AAUA die than UNIBEN...aside from the fact that both schools have bad lecturers,, the probability of first class in UNIBEN is more cos so many secondary school scholars opt for it)..

I tUTOR students for JAMB and WAEC, and most of my bright students OPT for these top schools...these are the guys with first class potential( with few others who may get stimulated on getting to the University)...

so when you talk about schools difficult to make first class...
you don't mention first generation schools that draws top students!!!
you mention the likes of....

AKUNGBA
UNAD
AAU Ekpoma
and the likes...

don't ever mention UI, UNIBEN, UNILAG, OAU, UNN....

5 Likes

Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by barthchuks(m): 10:37am On Nov 03, 2014
ValentineMary:
Have u been to unizik lately, a 2nd class upper graduate from unizik is equal to a first class graduate in most sch.
Very very true
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by MrForming(m): 10:37am On Nov 03, 2014
Am suprised nt 2 c uniabuja on dat list...it is d hardest of 'em all...cnt rememba d last tym dat skul graduated a 1st class student.
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by dammilotun(m): 10:38am On Nov 03, 2014
ayswags:
The ones making first class,in this so called difficult universities,Do they have 2 heads?.
People just love making excuses for failure.
Exactly my point.The average nigerian student wants to make a first class as a normal student.nothing of value comes easy.it comes with a cost if you don't pay the price it will always seem difficult.
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Laxy009(m): 10:39am On Nov 03, 2014
MoyoGENERAL:
all this topics sef!!!!
the No of first class ppl make depends on how many scholars opt for the school in JAMB
from statistics most secondary school scholars opt for the top schools in Nigeria..
let me ask you, these schools produce a lot of first class ( at least reasonable numbers) cos they have potential scholars!!!
Now, let me ask,
CAN YOU COMPARE the Calibre of Students in FUTA and UI( As much as I respect Futa, UI guys are better cos they admit top students and they have more faculties, so why will they not have more potentials for first class)....

let's compare, AAUA Akungba and UNIBEN( first class scarce for AAUA die than UNIBEN...aside from the fact that both schools have bad lecturers,, the probability of first class in UNIBEN is more cos so many secondary school scholars opt for it)..

I tUTOR students for JAMB and WAEC, and most of my bright students OPT for these top schools...these are the guys with first class potential( with few others who may get stimulated on getting to the University)...

AKUNGBA
UNAD
AAU Ekpoma
and the likes...

u ve said it all........... i rep EKSU ..........dat skul na die oooooooo
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:43am On Nov 03, 2014
SmileyOP:

I feel NOUN (Open University) is d hardest... Abi I lie? "Life is a Joke"
noun koor pronoun nii
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Larow(m): 10:49am On Nov 03, 2014
ValentineMary:
Have u been to unizik lately, a 2nd class upper graduate from unizik is equal to a first class graduate in most sch.
na lie grin all because you are a product of UNIZIK and probably a 2nd class lower or pass candidate believing you are equal to 1st class products of other schools. Keep dreaming!
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Sabadon(m): 10:49am On Nov 03, 2014
Quelme:
gbam!!! I read till my head when boom. But still to get an "A" is an holy grail... But na only me carry my leg waka go ekp...
my dear upon all wetin I do,na 2.1 dem gimi I wasn't expecting anything better anyway

1 Like

Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by fabj1(m): 10:50am On Nov 03, 2014
Any of u eva heard of ATBU bauchi?
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:50am On Nov 03, 2014
MoyoGENERAL:
all this topics sef!!!!
Now, let me ask,

AKUNGBA
UNAD
AAU Ekpoma
and the likes...

I bottle of beer for you,You hit the nail right on the head,How will state universities have lots of first class students when majority of students they admit are not even first class materials.

2 Likes

Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by kennynelcon(m): 10:51am On Nov 03, 2014
phlora:
[color=#770077][/color] UNN is very hard too. To even pass your exams well is wahala.
Lol your profile picture says it all you are a lioness

1 Like

Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Thewhizzkid1(m): 10:53am On Nov 03, 2014
Sorry 4 derailing..
U guys should help ur boy win a medical writing contest o..Abeg o..
Jux like my article on the Facebook page below..
When the page opens, scroll down and click on show more- A new page opens to show more posts..
My article is about the forth article there... The title is "An Open Letter to All Medical School Aspirants: What you Need to Know about the Path of Medicine"..
Like the article on fb and then go on to read it..
Thanks a lot..
This is d link to d fb page.. https://m.facebook.com/jpmsonline?v=timeline&page=1&sectionLoadingID=m_timeline_loading_div_1417420799_0_36_1&timeend=1417420799&timestart=0&tm=AQAbSOqqYnu1t1dE&refid=17
The name of d contest is d JPMS online writing contest..
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Thewhizzkid1(m): 10:54am On Nov 03, 2014
I wrote another article which has also been accepted.. Its title is "Deleterious Effects of Mobile Phone Radiation"..This one has not been posted on fb yet...But u can still read it by clicking this link.
http://blogs.jpmsonline.com/2014/11/02/the-deletrious-effects-of-mobile-phone-radiations/
Thanks a lot
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by kennynelcon(m): 10:55am On Nov 03, 2014
I hate topics like this and should not make front page topic, because the source is not reliable and full of sentiments... Just like hard universities to get admission.
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by agamenon(m): 10:57am On Nov 03, 2014
To me,UNN is the hardest.
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by mrwiddy(m): 11:01am On Nov 03, 2014
9jaforlife:
There is no way the list can be complete without UNILORIN on it, the lecturers even boast in class with statements like "the last time we produced a first class student in this faculty was in 1977". A lecturer once told me in class that "only God could score an A in his course"

I soo disagree with UNIBADAN on this list... That school places priority on its students' good performance and it produces first class students regularly
So you are underestimating UNIBADAN where over 4 professors handle a first year course,please tell me how you can scale through.
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by kamilous(m): 11:05am On Nov 03, 2014
if u av first class at unilorin,then u can compete with late ARCHIMEDE......U remember him?
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:08am On Nov 03, 2014
stanisbaratheon:

their CGPA scale is 7.0 making it even eazier for students to make it

in Uniport, you must be exceptionally good to even make a 2:1 talkmore of 1st class
why is it so?
Any rational reason why the unique school doesnt churn out first class graduate
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Packup(m): 11:09am On Nov 03, 2014
bushdoc9919:
So why is it difficult to make first class in any Nigerian University.?

1.There aren't enough lecturers: One of the big problems in many Nigerian universities is that there are not enough lecturers. I did a postgrad degree outside the country....and the department where I did my degree had 600 lecturers. Most Nigerian universties don't even have up to that number of lecturers.

And even the lecturers are not qualified to teach. We do not have enough PhD and Professors in our universities.

Once you do not have enough lecturers...you have the situation where one lecturer is giving a lecture to hundreds of students. And then there is the problem of lack of mentors.

2.The facilities are in a mess. Libraries are bad. Lecture theaters are non existent or overcrowded. Student living conditions are atrocious. And labs do not work well. Of course...no fertiliser....no growth.

3.The primary and secondary schools do not prep the potential university student well. Especially in the areas of reading and writing. If you are not good at English comprehension, you will not make it in university. If you are not writing essays in primary and secondary school on a regular basis....you will not make it in university. Because both are key to your academic performance in university. And then there is the facilties problems, and so on.

So, what is the solution

1) Raise school fees.(And make technical education more attractive. You do not have to go to university to be educated).

2) Make standards for entry tighter. Related to that....make standards for entry into teacher training colleges tougher so that we can have better trained primary and secondary school teachers.

3.) End fuel subsidy and use the funds to make our universities better.

4) Increase the number of lecturers. It may even become necessary to go into joint ventures with foreign unis to get lecturers to come in and teach courses on a part time basis.

5.)Employ VC's not on the basis of their tribe....but on the basis of what they can bring to any university.

6.End corruption.

Article on reforming education in Nigeria here
....did i read dis?
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by xxolisexx(m): 11:12am On Nov 03, 2014
taaaah....dat list null nd void...wher is FUTO....(Fustrastion under tension owerri).guy check ur facts well..taaaah....dat list null nd void...wher is FUTO....(Fustrastion under tension owerri).guy check ur facts well..taaaah....dat list null nd void...wher is FUTO....(Fustrastion under tension owerri).guy check ur facts well..
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by eleko1: 11:13am On Nov 03, 2014
How's it difficult to obtain 1st class in dat EKSU of school?Trust dos in Faculty of Management sci like bus adm,Banking/finance,accountn.U can have a good grade without attending lectures/write test.They dnt give free Marks in Engr,Law,science,Educatn/Arts.Fac of. Law,Arts/Engr/sci nah tough nuts to crack when it come to doing Xmas with mark.Most of the lecturers there are deeper life/redeemed chapel of glory goers.In such faculty,awarding marks anyhow is luxury. quote author=Profcamsey post=27667098]where is EKSU?

God, se na me dey FP diz early morning of the monday?. baba, thank u oh
Lemme use this opportunity to warn those people that want to drag ONILA with me, I neva get ur time by the time I start to process that babe u go run.
[/quote]
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by adelolaa(m): 11:14am On Nov 03, 2014
Download XarmZoft text to speech app here (language translator included: save to SD card for later or share d text directly) [url]http://www68.zippyshare.com/v/176887/file.html [/url] cheesy cheesy
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by eleko1: 11:17am On Nov 03, 2014
Which dept/fac are U sir? undecided sad embarassed undecided
Profcamsey:
who is this mumu? Come taste eksu, u go know say God no get brother. Reppin my skul.
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by sirdouglas(m): 11:24am On Nov 03, 2014
Packup:
....did i read dis?
on point dear
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by alentyno: 11:24am On Nov 03, 2014
oluwatobi01:

Hey,if u tink AAUA is a lowly rated uni den u must b a joker.D dude(Longe) break d record of Ist class stu @d faculty of law, since inceptn of d faculty about 13yrs ago nobody 've had it. But pple tink its just a fluke n he prove dem wrong by repeating such feat in d law school.Hence, mind wat u say about AAUA cos 1st class no b beans @Akungba oooo...
Who is this one and why are you calling me a joker

You definitely didn't comprehend my post

If you think AAUA isn't underated click below
http://webometrics.info/en/Africa/Nigeria
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by eleko1: 11:27am On Nov 03, 2014
wink cheesy angry sad angryNah prison u dey.Have a nice time in ur solitary confinement shocked grin cheesy sad
ojinku:

Which one is Open University? Here in France, our Universities are fenced.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

20 Popular Slangs Used By University Students In Nigeria / Nigerian Words You Thought Were English / Preparing for GRE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.