Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,598 members, 7,812,957 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:44 PM

Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? (96542 Views)

7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities / Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria / Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by docmed(m): 11:30am On Nov 03, 2014
Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University is definitely one Of them
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:33am On Nov 03, 2014
Packup:
....did i read dis?

Yes,you did.

And I wrote it because you Nigerian students think that university is some place to just chill for four years , and then pick up your degree...so that you can sit down in your comfy office and collect N1.5million every month in the oil company (Bank is a good alternative.).Oh, and you think that all the lecturers are out to fail you (that's partly truth in television....but some just make things difficult for you to see if you can surmount their challenges....more later).

But it isn't .

University, my intelligent and witty friend, is where you learn to solve problems. And no problem comes bigger than making the first class. That's where your strategies come in....your time planning strategems, your study strategems , even your prayer and religion strategems.

(And let me tell ya...it is very easy to get a first class...except in my field Medicine...because of negative marking which was deliberately introduced because they want to make us good doctors...not guesswork doctors. It's complicated).

And you cannot learn to solve problems without actual practical experience. Because, that is why University is hard for you....and why all those lecturers are sooooo harsh. Because in the real world, making a mistake can be a very expensive proposition. And in the real world, you will meet challenges that would make your university experience seem like a walk in the park.

Of course...things can be made better...hence my write up.

So, you can get a first class. But since you respond to my problem solving idea with such disdain....not with a reasoned rebuttal or better ideas of your own, I doubt that you are ready to be a problem solver. Maybe your attitude to education needs some change....urgently.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Sheggy13(m): 11:35am On Nov 03, 2014
DIVFAVOR:

OP, what are your basis for this decision, please I will really appreciate if you can explain better.

For me, no Federal Univ. from the South-West should make this list, their pattern of grading their CGPA is very easy to make first class.
please for those still in school please ask your lecturers or HOD and they will explain better.

Thank you.
Your ignorance is epic. Imagine such utterance. I know u must be from the South east to make such utterance. I don't need to be told. Stroll into OAU Ife and see if u will ever come close to a 1st class.
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by VellyG(m): 11:36am On Nov 03, 2014
Myque1:
What would we then say about FUTO?
I beg help me ask them oo. FUTO should top that list a school where 2.2 is celebrated.

2 Likes

Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by encryptjay(m): 11:48am On Nov 03, 2014
Some courses for ABU na die... You no fit get first class.
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Octaves(m): 11:49am On Nov 03, 2014
The only thing difficult about the schools are the wicked lecturers. Imagine our lecturer telling us how they had to reduce the gpa of certain people because they couldn't have more than a certain number of people coming out with a first class. Nb: that was in UNIZIK
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by blakky97(m): 11:50am On Nov 03, 2014
ALKARULEZ615:
2-2 wey fools sef dey get for UNIBEN or nor be d Uniben wa know for Ugbowo?

I pray say 1st class for uniben get 2-1 for DELSU oooo

I'm not trying to argue or discuss with you. Don't quote me again please.

2 Likes

Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Kessyy2k4(m): 11:52am On Nov 03, 2014
OP, if u think i will comment on ur Garage u called thread, then u have 2 wait on the basket full-up water; Dgringrin

Abeg wetin b the price of 1cup of gari now
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Hussein53(m): 11:58am On Nov 03, 2014
First class Students is Futa are godddsssss that's because you hardly get one.....
When d best in ur dept is praying for 2.1
Futa just upgraded their grade 75 & above "A" below "B" while anything below 45 is "F" no E

2 Likes

Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Koko88(m): 12:01pm On Nov 03, 2014
Definitely UNN should be number one on your list

1 Like

Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Nov 03, 2014
UI shouldn't be on that list. If you are worthy of first class, you will surely make it. Although uites on first class are not so many, most lecturers are usually fair in examining students. A brilliant student may only be denied of first class if he/she is found unworthy in character, as the School's motto is ''recte sapere fons'' which means ''sound in character and learning''. In some departments like Math and Biochemistry, there are 'sadist' lecturers, but they are very few.

1 Like

Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Noneroone(m): 12:08pm On Nov 03, 2014
Sheggy13:

Your ignorance is epic. Imagine such utterance. I know u must be from the South east to make such utterance. I don't need to be told. Stroll into OAU Ife and see if u will ever come close to a 1st class.
What he said is true and i have heard severally.
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Nov 03, 2014
ValentineMary:
Have u been to unizik lately, a 2nd class upper graduate from unizik is equal to a first class graduate in most sch.
exactly
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by pomide(m): 12:16pm On Nov 03, 2014
university of ibadan no suppose dey dere, mstchew! where university of Abuja?? how u wan take get first class when all those sun don dry up ya skull!
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Drdonzeez(m): 12:18pm On Nov 03, 2014
why the so much hating....
I guess Uniben rejected you few year(s) back....I won't trade words with you because UNIBEN AND DELSU ARE NOT EVEN IN THE SAME LEAGUE
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Libkid(m): 12:20pm On Nov 03, 2014
national open university of nigeria.omo skul tough like madt.no lecturer no sorting.
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by dein77(m): 12:25pm On Nov 03, 2014
Nigerian univeristies just dey fun hardness. Granted it's very difficult making a First Class in ANY university in the world, the sadistic attitude of most Nigerian lecturers have made it even much more difficult.

Kudos to all First Class graduates!
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by faftop: 12:37pm On Nov 03, 2014
Crispels:

FUTA and UI should not even be on the list...

My elder brother graduated from futa with a first class in geology and he always say if you work hard and u'r dilligent,Nothing stops you from making a first class in FUTA!

Mind U.I is just resting on past glory, The school is crap nw!

u can lie!!!! my dept n Geology ar in dsame faculty.. dy neva produced a firstclass stdt from onset
perhaps ur broda dy give u sobo drink

1 Like

Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by phlora(f): 12:37pm On Nov 03, 2014
Bezed:
not sure you know UNN well.. exams are normal they teach well and even. give obj as exams.. having up to 10 first class in a department
please name a department in UNN that has produced up to 10 first class students in a session
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by MrDoGood(m): 12:38pm On Nov 03, 2014
Quelme:
Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma. The hardest of them all... You need the Isaac Newton's brain to even make an upper class.

ISAAC NEWTON DULL NA................

NA DAT KID BRAIN U CARRY WEY MAKE U DEY EXPECT 1ST KLASS?

TRY PATIENCE EBELE OWN WEDA U NO GO EVEN PASS 1ST KLASS.

U NO SEE WEA SHE DEY NOW?

1 Like

Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by phlora(f): 12:40pm On Nov 03, 2014
Vessi:

This trend is getting annoying. No read your book dey dere dey mention difficult schools up and down.
A hardworker makes it in whatever school. No institution is difficult for a hardworker. Average students yelling difficult this, hard that.
it's very true a hard worker makes it in an school but we are not all hard workers no matter how hard we work
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Quelme: 12:44pm On Nov 03, 2014
MrDoGood:

ISAAC NEWTON DULL NA................

NA DAT KID BRAIN U CARRY WEY MAKE U DEY EXPECT 1ST KLASS?

TRY PATIENCE EBELE OWN WEDA U NO GO EVEN PASS 1ST KLASS.

U NO SEE WEA SHE DEY NOW?
guy u badt gon! My belle wan burst... Wait make i yaff finish... I dey come

1 Like

Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Quelme: 12:46pm On Nov 03, 2014
Sabadon:
my dear upon all wetin I do,na 2.1 dem gimi I wasn't expecting anything better anyway
oh boy u beta tank God o.
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by jesussaves22: 12:46pm On Nov 03, 2014
UNIPORT IS NUMBER ONE IN THAT LIST.... SINCE ITS INCEPTION UNIPORT HAVE NOT PRODUCE UPTO 20 FIRST CLASS STUDENTS..........
enairaprof:
In my opinion, it is much easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for students to make first class in these institutions:

1. Federal University of Technology Akure (FUTA)
2. University of Ibadan (UI)
3. Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU)
4. University of Benin (UNIBEN)

What's your view?
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by CCsurplus007(m): 12:47pm On Nov 03, 2014
faftop:

u can lie!!!! my dept n Geology ar in dsame faculty.. dy neva produced a firstclass stdt from onset

He is actually right. What i am not sure of is if the said person is his brother.Geology department in Futa produced a first class in 2005. I would have mentioned his full name so that you could confirm from any source or LinkedIn. Get your facts right
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Quelme: 12:49pm On Nov 03, 2014
Tunagee:

dem dey talk university, u dey talk ambrose all uni. go and sit down jooo. AAU na school. bullshit
keep living in denial... You just can't handle the truth...
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Chidonc(m): 12:50pm On Nov 03, 2014
Abeg make I hear word joor, unn, unizik, oau, haba hw many of una don hear say person graduate wit 1st class 4rm skuls lik unijos,atbu,unimaid,gsu etc
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by davo3286: 12:50pm On Nov 03, 2014
What's all the noise about difficulties msking first class!? There is no biggie about first class. Besides, making first class is very easy in any university. I mean it's a piece of moi-moi!
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by oluwasegun007(m): 12:53pm On Nov 03, 2014
Kingzy4pep:
My thoughts exactly.
I Concur....
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Ptoocool(m): 12:58pm On Nov 03, 2014
s3nn2x:
If University of Abuja is not on the list, then that list is incomplete.

I don't think there has ever been a set with up to 5 first class.....

Je kan mo (let 'em knw)
Reppin uniGwaqwalada..
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by phlora(f): 12:59pm On Nov 03, 2014
faftop:

Looooool. Don't kill the image he has of his brother
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Nov 03, 2014
When I see posts like putting one university over the other..I get pissed off....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

20 Popular Slangs Used By University Students In Nigeria / Nigerian Words You Thought Were English / Preparing for GRE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.