Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,663 members, 7,809,512 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:44 AM

Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only - Romance (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only (127978 Views)

Seven Reasons Guys Cheat Easily / Seven Reasons Why You Should Date A Shy Or Introvert Girl / Top Seven Reasons Why Broke Guys Should Not Date. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by ufemia23(f): 8:58am On Nov 27, 2014
ColinAdua:
Big kudos to every young man/bachelor out there, who has decided to stay single for life. We are SSS (Single and Seriously Satisfied). Don't back up o o o and change your mind o o with time. Its not easy for a hot blooded male to stay unmarried the urge as you get older is very difficult to control. The good thing is the more you suppress and hold on to your resolve, the easier it becomes.

I know what am suffering in keeping my resolve for the last 11years. Sometimes, I consider chemical castration, actually I would have gone for it, if not for the side effect.

But all in all, singlehood is more sweeter and more fun. We need to form a club were we can encourage and strengthen each other.

In other to strengthen myself in my resolve, I don't waste time to tell people that I'll not marry. My own is that I don't even do girlfriend-boyfriend rubbish, as a good born again Christian.

MORE STRENGTHS TO YOUR ELBOWS!! WITH TIME WE WILL GET USED TO IT.

NOTE: This thread is a forum for guys only. Especially those that has decided to stay single for life. So ladies and married men off you go, we need to strengthen ourselves in our resolve.

Singlehood is sweet! Singlehood is strength!! Singlehood is sumptuous!!

i hope u have been able to use use ur singlehood to do sometin meaniful for GOD. IF not u r wastin resource ie singlehood.
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by killjoy(m): 10:38am On Dec 01, 2014
ufemia23:

i hope u have been able to use use ur singlehood to do sometin meaniful for GOD. IF not u r wastin resource ie singlehood.

wot resources cud he possibly be wasting.? ? u mean d one he has refused to waste on anoda mans dawta
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by killjoy(m): 10:42am On Dec 01, 2014
@ColinAdua. NYC idea. wud create a bachelor's group one of dis days. more power to Ur elbow
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Nobody: 1:29am On Dec 04, 2014
ufemia23:

This thread/ forum is not about our services to God and I think its very unwise bringing services to God here.

Moreover, what is your business with my services to God? Are you God that will reward?

When someone tells you he/she is a born again don't you know that the person must be doing something for God?

Because any serious minded church must always call your attention to that.

But since you wanna know about my service to God I will give you a peek.

That is one of my company's subsidiary.

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Nobody: 2:26am On Dec 04, 2014
I fink you are gay

#my opinion#
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by killjoy(m): 5:39am On Dec 04, 2014
badoolee:
I fink you are gay

#my opinion#

who asked for ur goddam fvckin opinion

btw, do u reside in Benin? cum pay me a visit, by d tym i polash u,if u fit use doz Ur legs waka go house, change my name

2 Likes

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Nobody: 11:26am On Dec 04, 2014
killjoy:

who asked for ur goddam fvckin opinion

btw, do u reside in Benin? cum pay me a visit, by d tym i polash u,if u fit use doz Ur legs waka go house, change my name
ok
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by FANE4Naija: 12:04pm On Dec 04, 2014
1000th comment!

Dazzall
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by killjoy(m): 12:55pm On Dec 04, 2014
FANE4Naija:
1000th comment!

Dazzall

says who
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Nobody: 10:18pm On Dec 06, 2014
Hello! My Single guys.

There are movies (even though they are a bit old) I will love every young man out here to watch especially those ones crazy about marriage.

They are;
1) Why did I get married? 2007 by Tyler Perry.
2) Why did I get married too? 2010 by Tyler Perry
3) Daddy's little girls. 2007 by Tyler Perry
4) Temptations: Confession of a marriage Counselor. 2013 by Tyler Perry.

No. 4 is actually a very big eye opener.

Please guys marriage is not worth the pains.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by LordReed(m): 10:46pm On Dec 06, 2014
ColinAdua:
Hello! My Single guys.

There are movies (even though they are a bit old) I will love every young man out here to watch especially those ones crazy about marriage.

They are;

What a joke. Tyler Perry's plays are now the life script you follow? Tomorrow you will shout that women are watching too much Telemundo and behaving like fishbrains., yet here you are attempting the very same fish brained thing. SMH.

1 Like

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by stevecantrell: 11:58pm On Dec 06, 2014
I have a NEUTRAL take on marriage, I'm neither for or against. The important thing is that you marry someone who compliments and enriches your life. If you can't find that person then DON'T MARRY.
And its very hard these days for guys to find a girl who fits that mould.

A lot of what's on offer today is likely to devalue and degrade your life !
But its MEN who are to blame for this. You are the guys writing songs, making videos and singing about these girls - oh baby, you're an angel from above", " I will die without you"....blah blah.

You guys are the ones saving 2 months salary while drinking garri to buy her that 'rock', after which you get down on your knee still BEGGING her to marry you...in PUBLIC !

You guys are the ones who invite a girl on a first date and say "its OK" when she shows up with FIVE of her friends. Etc etc.

Girls today don't have much to offer because YOU GUYS make them think they don't need to offer you anything, in fact they believe they're doing you a favour by allowing you to all that stuff for them.

So if women seem to be such an UNECESSARY EVIL these days, the guys should shoulder the bulk of the blame.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by killjoy(m): 2:53am On Dec 08, 2014
ColinAdua:
Hello! My Single guys.

They are;

hmmm nyc. wud try n watch dem
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by killjoy(m): 3:01am On Dec 08, 2014
stevecantrell:
I have a NEUTRAL take on marriage, I'm neither for or against. The important thing is that you marry someone who compliments and enriches your life. If you can't find that person then DON'T MARRY.
And its very hard these days for guys to find a girl who fits that mould.

A lot of what's on offer today is likely to devalue and degrade your life !
But its MEN who are to blame for this. You are the guys writing songs, making videos and singing about these girls - oh baby, you're an angel from above", " I will die without you"....blah blah.

You guys are the ones saving 2 months salary while drinking garri to buy her that 'rock', after which you get down on your knee still BEGGING her to marry you...in PUBLIC !

You guys are the ones who invite a girl on a first date and say "its OK" when she shows up with FIVE of her friends. Etc etc.

Girls today don't have much to offer because YOU GUYS make them think they don't need to offer you anything, in fact they believe they're doing you a favour by allowing you to all that stuff for them.

So if women seem to be such an UNECESSARY EVIL these days, the guys should shoulder the bulk of the blame.

Dats d bitter truth

3 Likes

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by damselabi(f): 6:39am On Dec 08, 2014
U ppl shud leave dis guy alone, am sure in a few yrs his mentality ll change.Pity he might nt voice out abt it.
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by killjoy(m): 6:56am On Dec 08, 2014
damselabi:
U ppl shud leave dis guy alone, am sure in a few yrs his mentality ll change.Pity he might nt voice out abt it.

mtcheeewwww. u tink everyone is lyk u who is controlled by erratic emotions Abi. very funny. I knw wot I want n I knw wot I don't want. wish u cud say dsame

2 Likes

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by damselabi(f): 7:30am On Dec 08, 2014
killjoy:

mtcheeewwww. u tink everyone is lyk u who is controlled by erratic emotions Abi. very funny. I knw wot I want n I knw wot I don't want. wish u cud say dsame
Indeed u knw wot u want pity u can't admit it...cos u r too scared.
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by killjoy(m): 9:02am On Dec 08, 2014
damselabi:
Indeed u knw wot u want pity u can't admit it...cos u r too scared.

ur funny. trying to get under my skin. ur tokin lyk gals usually do - without logic, full of sentiment n atimes senseless

1 Like

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by damselabi(f): 9:22am On Dec 08, 2014
killjoy:

ur funny. trying to get under my skin. ur tokin lyk gals usually do - without logic, full of sentiment n atimes senseless
C who is sensible.. ion nid to exchange words wit u, u really r killjoy.
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by killjoy(m): 10:47am On Dec 08, 2014
damselabi:
C who is sensible.. ion nid to exchange words wit u, u really r killjoy.

lmao.... ohhhh u suddenly don't wanna
exchange words ryt... Dats wot happens wen u bite more dan u can chew.

1 Like

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Nobody: 11:07am On Dec 08, 2014
LordReed:

What a joke. Tyler Perry's plays are now the life script you follow? Tomorrow you will shout that women are watching too much Telemundo and behaving like fishbrains., yet here you are attempting the very same fish brained thing. SMH.

YES!!! Tyler Perry's movies are one of the life scripts I use. The major script is the Holy Scriptures (The Bible) which is not crazy about marriage today, but crazy about Christian EVANGELISM (1 Corinthians 7 : 8, 26, 38. Mark 16 : 15 -18)

I like Tyler Perry's movies because they are mirrors, they are reflections of marriages in our societies today. They exposes the ills and challenges in marriages in our societies today, to get us fully aware, equip and prepared, if we after all wants to tow that uncertain unnecessary path.

Tyler Perry himself is not married at 45, despite being one of the richest African American movie director and producer.

I wish I had watched "Temptation: Confession of a marriage counselor" by 2003, ten years before it was produced and released. I would have been properly prepared when I found myself in almost the same situation like Brice, 10 years before.

Very soon, your eyes will open and you will know that marriage is no JOKE, by then we will know who is a joke between you and me. You will come back here to find consolation in this thread, and if you are sincere and truthful to yourself, you will tell me "I envy you, I wish I can be strong like you"

A lot of my pro-marriage friends with all these unrealistic, unmet, unfulfilled marriage bliss fantasies, usually come back after arguing with me to tell me "Colin I envy you. I wish I can be like you"

Am an old man and I used to be a Christian Marriage counselor, especially in the area of sexual maladjustment/incompatibility. Most people I counseled do not even know that am not married.

I heal marriages. I have been in the forefront. I know the problems/foolishness of marriages. They are three;
1) Selfishness,
2) Frustrations due to unmet expectations(selfishness),
3) Unwillingness by couples, to bend down, sacrifice and working on their marriages(this is the worst caused by selfishness).

These three problems, are very difficult for a lot of people both Christians and unbelievers to work on. That's why marriage is not worth it today.

People are too selfish today (even the so called born agains) to bend down and work on their marriages, so am better off the way I am. A single.

So, from the experiences of people I counsel, my Bible and my personal target/aim in life, I have come to the realization that marriage doesn't worth it.

Believe me, it doesn't!!

God bless you. [

2 Likes

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by damselabi(f): 11:15am On Dec 08, 2014
killjoy:

lmao.... ohhhh u suddenly don't wanna
exchange words ryt... Dats wot happens wen u bite more dan u can chew.
Hehehe, it only shows some ppl still ve courtesy nt to always respond to evey comment.I wonder who wuld even want u as a hubby, enjoy ur confused lyf.
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by damselabi(f): 11:17am On Dec 08, 2014
ColinAdua:

YES!!! Tyler Perry's movies are one of the life scripts I use. The major script is the Holy Scriptures (The Bible) which is not crazy about marriage today, but crazy about Christian EVANGELISM (1 Corinthians 7 : 8, 26, 38. Mark 16 : 15 -18)

I like Tyler Perry's movies because they are mirrors, they are reflections of marriages in our societies today. They exposes the ills and challenges in marriages in our societies today, to get us fully aware, equip and prepared, if we after all wants to tow that uncertain unnecessary path.

Tyler Perry himself is not married at 45, despite being one of the richest African American movie director and producer.

I wish I had watched "Temptation: Confession of a marriage counselor" by 2003, ten years before it was produced and released. I would have been properly prepared when I found myself in almost the same situation like Brice, 10 years before.

Very soon, your eyes will open and you will know that marriage is no JOKE, by then we will know who is a joke between you and me. You will come back here to find consolation in this thread, and if you are sincere and truthful to yourself, you will tell me "I envy you, I wish I can be strong like you"

A lot of my pro-marriage friends with all these unrealistic, unmet, unfulfilled marriage bliss fantasies, usually come back after arguing with me to tell me "Colin I envy you. I wish I can be like you"

Am an old man and I used to be a Christian Marriage counselor, especially in the area of sexual maladjustment/incompatibility. Most people I counseled do not even know that am not married.

I heal marriages. I have been in the forefront. I know the problems of marriages. They are three;
1) Selfishness,
3) Unwillingness by couples, to bend down, sacrifice and working on their marriages(this is the worst caused by selfishness).

These three problems, are very difficult for a lot of people both Christians and unbelievers to work on. That's why marriage is not worth it today.

People are too selfish today (even the so called born agains) to bend down and work on their marriages, so am better off the way I am. A single.

So, from the experiences of people I counsel, my Bible and my personal target/aim in life, I have come to the realization that marriage doesn't worth it.

Believe me, it doesn't!!

God bless you. [
N u honestly call urself a Christian. . Smh
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by LordReed(m): 11:39am On Dec 08, 2014
ColinAdua:

I heal marriages. I have been in the forefront. I know the problems of marriages. They are three;
1) Selfishness,

Believe me, it doesn't!!

God bless you. [

And unmarried Tyler Perry is the best judge of the worth of marriage?

The fact that you have seen the challenges marriages go through is no criteria to judge the worth of marriage. Fortune 500 companies grew from garage operations to become multinationals but along the way their contemporaries fell off. It is illogical to say owning a Fortune 500 company is worthless because other companies could not surmount the same challenges to become great.

Likewise with marriage; nobody builds a tower without first considering the cost whether he has a enough to finish it. You have looked at your strength and have seen you cannot cope with the challenges of marriage, good for you. To now look in at people going in and mocking them is sickening.

I salute you for acknowledging you are weak but recognise the strength and courage of those are to deal with the rigors of having a good marriage.
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Nobody: 11:40am On Dec 08, 2014
damn!!! i love this. but op, if ur father thought like u, u wouldn't be in existence. dont be stingy brother, give those sperm of yours a chance.
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Nobody: 11:43am On Dec 08, 2014
damselabi:
N u honestly call urself a Christian. . Smh

Good morning, my sister. With all due respect marriage do not make one a Christian.

After all, Jesus Christ did not marry. Apostle Paul did not marry. These are the strongest pillars of My Christian faith. I don't know about you.

Am not against marriage and I didn't say its a sin. But just like Apostle Paul through the revelation of the Holy Spirit said "because of the present distress(selfishness, problems and difficulties) let a man so to be" 1 Corinthians 7:26

I tell every single out here please remain as you are its better.

God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Nobody: 11:53am On Dec 08, 2014
LordReed:

And unmarried Tyler Perry is the best judge of the worth of marriage?

The fact that you have seen the challenges marriages go through is no criteria to judge the worth of marriage. Fortune 500 companies grew from garage operations to become multinationals but along the way their contemporaries fell off. It is illogical to say owning a Fortune 500 company is worthless because other companies could not surmount the same challenges to become great.

Likewise with marriage; nobody builds a tower without first considering the cost whether he has a enough to finish it. You have looked at your strength and have seen you cannot cope with the challenges of marriage, good for you. To now look in at people going in and mocking them is sickening.

I salute you for acknowledging you are weak but recognise the strength and courage of those are to deal with the rigors of having a good marriage.

Yes! Am very weak that's why I beg Jesus Christ everyday to strengthen me.

Very soon we will see you, your strength, courage and your happy marriage.

Well, I know you will hide, pretend as if all is well, lie to everyone who comes you close that your marriage is wonderful while burning inside.

But the truth still remains that there more healthy companies than healthy marriages(if there is any).

I love you that's why am warning you. My sweet brother marriage is not worth it anymore. Don't say I didn't tell you.

Bring your Bible please, lets go and preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

3 Likes

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 08, 2014
CSTANU:
damn!!! i love this. but op, if ur father thought like u, u wouldn't be in existence. dont be stingy brother, give those sperm of yours a chance.

That was the decision of his father, he never begged the father to let him come to the world.

So he is free to take his own decision.

Oh! lest I forget. Those sperm doesn't need a chance, we are already overpopulated with many trooping to hell. The best chance is to save the sperms that has been given a chance from ending up in Hellfire.

I hope this helps.

God bless you.

3 Likes

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by LordReed(m): 11:59am On Dec 08, 2014
ColinAdua:

Yes! Am very weak that's why I beg Jesus Christ everyday to strengthen me.

Very soon we will see you, your strength, courage and your happy marriage.

Well, I know you will hide, pretend as if all is well, lie to everyone who comes you close that your marriage is wonderful while burning inside.

But the truth still remains that there more healthy companies than healthy marriages(if there is any).

I love you that's why am warning you. My sweet brother marriage is not worth it anymore. Don't say I didn't tell you.

Bring your Bible please, lets go and preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

LoL! You can pray for strength but married couples cannot? Abeg go, sleep and console yourself, you no reach.

1 Like

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Ennamdee(m): 11:59am On Dec 08, 2014
OP I must agree that you have some strong valid points, nonetheless, which religion do you practice? If Christianity, and you do believe in the bible, then I'm sure you must have read or heard that "Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD" (Proverbs 18:22)
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Nobody: 12:29pm On Dec 08, 2014
LordReed:

LoL! You can pray for strength but married couples cannot? Abeg go, sleep and console yourself, you no reach.

My brother am too old to react to aggressive and insultive statements bring out solid points don't succumb to cheap insults.

Moreover, talking about strength; when you defeat sexual urges for just one year.

You'll have a clearer understanding of strength and weakness.

You will then understand who's strong and who's weak.

Remain blessed.

2 Likes

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Nobody: 12:57pm On Dec 08, 2014
Ennamdee:
OP I must agree that you have some strong valid points, nonetheless, which religion do you practice? If Christianity, and you do believe in the bible, then I'm sure you must have read or heard that "Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD" (Proverbs 18:22)

Oh! No! That's old testament, old will of Jehovah God. New testament, new will of God says; "But this I say, brethren, the TIME IS SHORT: it remaineth, that both they that have wives be as though they had none" 1 Corinthians 7:29.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (42) (Reply)

S€X STORY: How I Slept With Anita “my Indian Maid” / What Name Do You Call Your Lover In Your Language? / Lady Selling Banana Causes Stir With Her Backside.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.