Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only - Romance (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only (128241 Views)

Seven Reasons Guys Cheat Easily / Seven Reasons Why You Should Date A Shy Or Introvert Girl / Top Seven Reasons Why Broke Guys Should Not Date. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Nobody: 8:12pm On Dec 08, 2014
MrsBreezy:

You're not married. Or you weren't married so you wouldn't know. Well long lasting couples proves that marriage might be worthwhile.

Well maybe while you're young you probably think it's amazing. But when you're older.. With no family or wife or kids. Your legacy won't be the success you've had but the people you've left behind eg wife and kids

If anything, not wife. Kids are a legacy, wife? Not so. Most men I know, met don't particularly enjoy their wife, more of tolerating. ....... women change quick, men get tired quick, women are complex.....
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Nobody: 8:28pm On Dec 08, 2014
Ennamdee:

I need to get ready to watch footy,but in the mean time, stop spreading false stories.

Yes sir! Thank you sir! I have heard you sir.

But beware of false accusation too. You don't know me. You don't know for sure whether my stories are false, and you are accusing me of giving you false stories.

All I have to tell you is "what a man soweth he shall reap!"

Simple.
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 08, 2014
Lipzlikeshugar:
haha my bf is far from broke,and I don't need to blow his trumpet to make a point. my girlfriends keep telling me he's getting it somewhere else tho. now my question is, u still think he does not have feelings for me?

Im sure he has feelings for you. A man can barely fake it for 3months talkless of 2 years. He might and might not be getting it elsewhere. ......it all depends on his decency and religious inclination. However, marriage is always a big deal nd scary thought for most guys, if he wants to get married then I give any guy few years into the marriage if they actually want to stay married (most say no), many men stay cos of the children only.

1 Like

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by LordReed(m): 8:41pm On Dec 08, 2014
killjoy:

if he, sorry, if we spread nko leave it if its nt OK for u! Abi any body point gun to head say make u no near woman make everybody do well ooo. make e for no cause quarell. his point is, God is intrested in u more dan ur fvckin career or spouse! take it or leave it!

God that made woman for man was crazy when He gave her to man for wife abi? You don comot that one from your bible?
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Nobody: 8:44pm On Dec 08, 2014
LordReed:

I would have been content to leave it here but recollecting that you wrote:

Earthly Marriage is not Gods priority right now.
His priority is RAPTURE and preparing the
ELECT to make rapture (Revelations 22:12).

So after accusing God you now want to stylishly back track saying forbidding means by force. Tell me if your doctor forbids you from eating bread for some medical reason will he come to your house to enforce it? Or is he going to send police?

You gave your position the stamp of God's authority believing everyone you encounter is a novice and will be bowled over by the force of your proclamation.

Go and meditate properly on scripture while you take your night's rest. Good night.

Yes! Marriage especially earthly marriage is not God's priority right now. It is not important to God, it is important to we humans especially ladies and sometimes God give to you to make you happy by His mercy. Not because He has much to gain from it.

God's priority right now is Salvation for all. That you gets saved and makes rapture. That's why when you come to a living church, God through Christ Jesus will like to give you Salvation first before marriage partner.

Don't you know that some doctors will reject you from their hospitals if your disobey their orders that's using force.

One of the definition of forbid in my dictionary says BAN, which is the use of force. Forbid is when force is used which is not what am doing.

Just like Jesus Christ my master and Apostle Paul, am calling on all who can accept it, please accept it, its better not to MARRY! GBAM!!

1 Like

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Ennamdee(m): 8:49pm On Dec 08, 2014
killjoy:

if he, sorry, if we spread nko leave it if its nt OK for u! Abi any body point gun to head say make u no near woman make everybody do well ooo. make e for no cause quarell. his point is, God is intrested in u more dan ur fvckin career or spouse! take it or leave it!

Point noted,God is more interested in me...tanx for reminding me.

But someone who's telling me about God shouldn't be using words like'fvcking'.

As for quarell, i'll ask my kid nephew if he's interested,as for me..No Time! Paedophile!!!
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by LordReed(m): 8:58pm On Dec 08, 2014
ColinAdua:

Yes! Marriage especially earthly marriage is not God's priority right now. It is not important to God, it is important to we humans especially ladies and sometimes God give to you to make you happy by His mercy. Not because He has much to gain from it.

God's priority right now is Salvation for all. That you gets saved and makes rapture. That's why when you come to a living church, God through Christ Jesus will like to give you Salvation first before marriage partner.

Don't you know that some doctors will reject you from their hospitals if your disobey their orders that's using force.

One of the definition of forbid in my dictionary says BAN, which is the use of force. Forbid is when force is used which is not what am doing.

Just like Jesus Christ my master and Apostle Paul, am calling on all who can accept it, please accept it, its better not to MARRY! GBAM!!

Forbid
To disallow; to proscribe.
Smoking in the restaurant is forbidden.
To deny, exclude from, or warn off, by express command.
To oppose, hinder, or prevent, as if by an effectual command.
An impassable river forbids the approach of the army.
a blaze of glory that forbids the sight
To accurse; to blast.
To defy; to challenge.
synonyms
prohibit
disallow
ban

Tell me in all you have said if you have not performed one of these actions attributed to the word forbid.

Jesus and Paul were not trying to convince anybody that marriage isn't worth it. They said it is good to be single for the kingdom. You are here urging people to look at Tyler Perry's plays as source for inspiration not to marry and you are telling me you are not forbidding people.

Choose your singlehood and shut up about marriage, end of...!
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Ennamdee(m): 9:02pm On Dec 08, 2014
ColinAdua:

Yes sir! Thank you sir! I have heard you sir.

But beware of false accusation too. You don't know me. You don't know for sure whether my stories are false, and you are accusing me of giving you false stories.

All I have to tell you is "what a man soweth he shall reap!"

Simple.

Tanx for the arguement tho...its a learning curve for me,nonetheless u too quote bible but we know too well that's by no chance any indication of righteousness
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Ennamdee(m): 9:19pm On Dec 08, 2014
LordReed:

Forbid
To disallow; to proscribe.
Smoking in the restaurant is forbidden.
To deny, exclude from, or warn off, by express command.
To oppose, hinder, or prevent, as if by an effectual command.
An impassable river forbids the approach of the army.
a blaze of glory that forbids the sight
To accurse; to blast.
To defy; to challenge.
synonyms
prohibit
disallow
ban

Tell me in all you have said if you have not performed one of these actions attributed to the word forbid.

Jesus and Paul were not trying to convince anybody that marriage isn't worth it. They said it is good to be single for the kingdom. You are here urging people to look at Tyler Perry's plays as source for inspiration not to marry and you are telling me you are not forbidding people.

Choose your singlehood and shut up about marriage, end of...!

Bro, The Bible NEVER stated whether Paul was married or not. Some think that he was at one time based on what he said in 1 Corinthians 9:5, "Don't we have the right to take a believing wife along with us, as do the other apostles and the Lord's brothers and Cephas?"
Paul also declared that he had the gift of celibacy in 1 Corinthians 7:1-7.
So Ask these preachers if they have similar gift?

There's a recent arguement amongst the theologiests, that Jesus got married and even had two kids.
..but we certain can't dwell on that because it wasn't stated in the bible.

I beleive that not every event that happened in those days were recorded in the bible...In my opinion,what was recorded are only scriptures relevant for man's guide to the life God demand of us.
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by LordReed(m): 9:36pm On Dec 08, 2014
Ennamdee:

Bro, The Bible NEVER stated whether Paul was married or not. Some think that he was at one time based on what he said in 1 Corinthians 9:5, "Don't we have the right to take a believing wife along with us, as do the other apostles and the Lord's brothers and Cephas?"
Paul also declared that he had the gift of celibacy in 1 Corinthians 7:1-7.
So Ask these preachers if they have similar gift?

There's a recent arguement amongst the theologiests, that Jesus got married and even had two kids.
..but we certain can't dwell on that because it wasn't stated in the bible.

I beleive that not every event that happened in those days were recorded in the bible...In my opinion,what was recorded are only scriptures relevant for man's guide to the life God demand of us.

It doesn't hurt the marriage institution if Paul was unmarried. Do you recall his admonition to Timothy for bishops? What was his criteria?
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Ennamdee(m): 9:43pm On Dec 08, 2014
LordReed:

It does hurt the marriage institution if Paul was unmarried. Do you recall his admonition to Timothy for bishops? What was his criteria?

LMAO.... But your friends(the OP and his supporter) could claim they're no bishops.

Nonetheless, you have spoken well *thumbs up*
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by LordReed(m): 9:47pm On Dec 08, 2014
Ennamdee:

LMAO.... But your friends(the OP and his supporter) could claim they're no bishops.

Nonetheless, you have spoken well *thumbs up*

Permit me, I meant to write doesn't not does.

Thanks man.

BTW ColinAdua is aspiring to be a "bishop", it's unfortunate he has been seduced. Hopefully the scripture will touch his heart.
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by SexyFox(f): 2:16am On Dec 09, 2014
jmoore:
I will marry.
I will live long.
I will sleep with one woman(my wife) for the rest of my life.

He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favour from God..
I like this comment.

The truth is, if you marry the right woman,life will be so different from the @op points.
A woman who will be your partner, your encourager and will encourage you to fulfill your dream, a good advicer, a caring wife, infact your true missing rib.

Some People now adays marry for the wrong reasons, that is why their marriage is a battle ground.
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Nobody: 9:36am On Dec 09, 2014
@LordReed and Ennamdee

Am enjoying this because some so called Christians really needs to be taught.

Jesus Christ says, in the Holy Scriptures at Matthew 22:29, "ye do err not knowing the scriptures...". And you people are over erring here Biblically, I tell you.

See! The word "forbidding" in the context of 1Timothy 4:3, means BAN, making COMPULSORY, by the use of force, one way or the other. An example is, as is obtained with the Roman Catholic priesthood.

It doesn't mean persuade nor convince. If you interpret it here to mean convince or persuade, the message of 1Timothy4:3 will contradict the message of Jesus Christ in Matthew19:10-12 and the message of Apostle Paul in 1Corithians 7:1-40. Since there they are persuading and convincing people that SINGLENESS IS BETTER.

When a verse in the Bible contradicts another, or when a concept, or teaching contradicts another in the Bible, then your interpretation of that verse, concept, teaching is wrong. THIS IS RULE 1 IN UNDERSTANDING THE BIBLE. Because they renders each other null and void, hence making the Bible inconsistent, wrong, lie, indirectly making the Holy Spirit that wrote the Bible a liar.

In your interpretation, you are making the Holy Spirit a liar, be very careful bro. Don't blaspheme the Holy Spirit in other to try to make a cheap unnecessary meaningless point.

Find out the Greek word translated into "forbidding". I think it will help you to understand that verse better, because if I tell you, I don't think you will agree. Since, you are bent on proving to me that, that place means convince/persuade too.

Theologians are assuming that Apostle Paul married at some point in his life, not because of 1Corithians 9:5-6, because that place clearly shows he wasn't married. It says "Have we not power to lead about a sister, a wife,....? "(KJV). It did not say "Have we not power to lead about OUR WIVES,......?. The verse simply means HAVE PAUL AND BARNABAS NO RIGHT TO TAKE A SISTER, AS WIFE, each of them and TAKE THEM AROUND ON THEIR JOURNEYS AND ENJOY. Guys I know that's what you long for.

Hahahahahah! Am not stopping you please, just make sure you people are legitimately married spiritually and secularilly wise. Guys no wan make anybody prevent them from enjoying cheap booo. Hahahahahaha. Chei I don laugh tire.

YES! Apostle Paul has the right 100%. But he knew that singleness is better, thats why he didn't exercise that right or power.

Theologians thought that for Paul to climb to the level he was in Judaism before convertion, he must have been married. Because its hard attaining that position then, without been married according to Jewish custom. Lets keep it there.

I believe and support 100%, that Bishops(Overseers), who are in charge of churches, must be married, because Bible says so and gave reasons for that(1Timothy 3:2-4). Personally, from the experiences of pastors close to me here, please pastors, needs seriously to be married. If they cannot bear the temptations.

And I will like to be a pastor some day, that's why I said here many tines that if God says I should marry along the line, then we will know what to do about it.
But by thoroughly looking at myself and ministry, I am very much more of an EVANGELIST like Paul than a pastor. I know and loves preaching the word(like am stylishly doing here), but I don't like mixing with people, I don't like crowd. I love to be alone to read and think. I love solitude a lot.

So I don't think, I have the ministry of a pastor or a call for women and children ministry. So I don't see the reason in marrying and all the time I'll be seeing her as a disturbance, a nuisance.

The kind of movies I love to watch are those made for us to learn from, one way or the other. Actually, I watch movies to learn from the strength, experiences, slips and mistakes of others, not necessaryily for entertainment and amusement, which is childishness. Many Tyler Perry's movies are always made to teach. So bear with me, if I draw a form of inspiration from them.

Finally, brothers let the truth be told SINGLEHOOD IS STILL VERY MUCH BETTTER (1Corithians 7:37-38). ANY ONE WHO CAN ACCEPT IT PLEASE ACCEPT IT(Matthew 19:12).
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by killjoy(m): 9:39am On Dec 09, 2014
LordReed:

God that made woman for man was crazy when He gave her to man for wife abi? You don comot that one from your bible?

stop twisting my wordsssss brrrrrrrrrrr
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by killjoy(m): 9:41am On Dec 09, 2014
Ennamdee:

Point noted,God is more interested in me...tanx for reminding me.

But someone who's telling me about God shouldn't be using words like'fvcking'.

As for quarell, i'll ask my kid nephew if he's interested,as for me..No Time! Paedophile!!!

hw can u call ur poor nephew a paedophile... ur mean
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Ennamdee(m): 9:56am On Dec 09, 2014
killjoy:

hw can u call ur poor nephew a paedophile... ur mean

My kid nephew is just 3 years old ...

I would assume you deliberately ignored "But someone who's telling me about God shouldn't be using words like fvckin" SHAME ON YOU tongue tongue tongue
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by killjoy(m): 10:51am On Dec 09, 2014
Ennamdee:

My kid nephew is just 3 years old ...

I would assume you deliberately ignored "But someone who's telling me about God shouldn't be using words like fvckin" SHAME ON YOU tongue tongue tongue

seriously, ?? Dats ur argument?? i m tokin bout God den I mentn d f word , u nw neglect d point n concentrate on d f word Dats nt Hw we roll
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by killjoy(m): 10:57am On Dec 09, 2014
SexyFox:

I like this comment.

The truth is, if you marry the right woman,life will be so different from the @op points.
A woman who will be your partner, your encourager and will encourage you to fulfill your dream, a good advicer, a caring wife, infact your true missing rib.

Some People now adays marry for the wrong reasons, that is why their marriage is a battle ground.

ooohhhhhhh do we hv. to go ova dis again? I don't believ in d oxymoron called the right woman!!!! if u don't hv pepper den forget women!!!! do I hv to go ova dis with u again a man is better off alone, especially if he's got no cash! trust me, even if he's got cash
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by LordReed(m): 12:55pm On Dec 09, 2014
killjoy:

stop twisting my wordsssss brrrrrrrrrrr

No need to twist anything. You are clearly in opposition to marriage which was designed by God so in effect you are calling God crazy for designing a worthless thing.
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by LordReed(m): 1:05pm On Dec 09, 2014
ColinAdua:

@LordReed and Ennamdee

Am enjoying this because some so called Christians really needs to be taught.

Jesus Christ says, in the Holy Scriptures at Matthew 22:29, "ye do err not knowing the scriptures...". And you people are over erring here Biblically, I tell you.

See! The word "forbidding" in the context of 1Timothy 4:3, means BAN, making COMPULSORY, by the use of force, one way or the other. An example is, as is obtained with the Roman Catholic priesthood.

It doesn't mean persuade nor convince. If you interpret it here to mean convince or persuade, the message of 1Timothy4:3 will contradict the message of Jesus Christ in Matthew19:10-12 and the message of Apostle Paul in 1Corithians 7:1-40. Since there they are persuading and convincing people that SINGLENESS IS BETTER.

When a verse in the Bible contradicts another, or when a concept, or teaching contradicts another in the Bible, then your interpretation of that verse, concept, teaching is wrong. THIS IS RULE 1 IN UNDERSTANDING THE BIBLE. Because they renders each other null and void, hence making the Bible inconsistent, wrong, lie, indirectly making the Holy Spirit that wrote the Bible a liar.

In your interpretation, you are making the Holy Spirit a liar, be very careful bro. Don't blaspheme the Holy Spirit in other to try to make a cheap unnecessary meaningless point.

Find out the Greek word translated into "forbidding". I think it will help you to understand that verse better, because if I tell you, I don't think you will agree. Since, you are bent on proving to me that, that place means convince/persuade too.

Theologians are assuming that Apostle Paul married at some point in his life, not because of 1Corithians 9:5-6, because that place clearly shows he wasn't married. It says "Have we not power to lead about a sister, a wife,....? "(KJV). It did not say "Have we not power to lead about OUR WIVES,......?. The verse simply means HAVE PAUL AND BARNABAS NO RIGHT TO TAKE A SISTER, AS WIFE, each of them and TAKE THEM AROUND ON THEIR JOURNEYS AND ENJOY. Guys I know that's what you long for.

Hahahahahah! Am not stopping you please, just make sure you people are legitimately married spiritually and secularilly wise. Guys no wan make anybody prevent them from enjoying cheap booo. Hahahahahaha. Chei I don laugh tire.

YES! Apostle Paul has the right 100%. But he knew that singleness is better, thats why he didn't exercise that right or power.

Theologians thought that for Paul to climb to the level he was in Judaism before convertion, he must have been married. Because its hard attaining that position then, without been married according to Jewish custom. Lets keep it there.

I believe and support 100%, that Bishops(Overseers), who are in charge of churches, must be married, because Bible says so and gave reasons for that(1Timothy 3:2-4). Personally, from the experiences of pastors close to me here, please pastors, needs seriously to be married. If they cannot bear the temptations.

And I will like to be a pastor some day, that's why I said here many tines that if God says I should marry along the line, then we will know what to do about it.
But by thoroughly looking at myself and ministry, I am very much more of an EVANGELIST like Paul than a pastor. I know and loves preaching the word(like am stylishly doing here), but I don't like mixing with people, I don't like crowd. I love to be alone to read and think. I love solitude a lot.

So I don't think, I have the ministry of a pastor or a call for women and children ministry. So I don't see the reason in marrying and all the time I'll be seeing her as a disturbance, a nuisance.

The kind of movies I love to watch are those made for us to learn from, one way or the other. Actually, I watch movies to learn from the strength, experiences, slips and mistakes of others, not necessaryily for entertainment and amusement, which is childishness. Many Tyler Perry's movies are always made to teach. So bear with me, if I draw a form of inspiration from them.

Finally, brothers let the truth be told SINGLEHOOD IS STILL VERY MUCH BETTTER (1Corithians 7:37-38). ANY ONE WHO CAN ACCEPT IT PLEASE ACCEPT IT(Matthew 19:12).

Your first post I saw here was urging people to go and see Tyler Perry's plays and you categorically said marriage is worthless. Is that what the bible teaches? You were even defending your position when I called you out on using Tyler Perry's plays as a life script.

The bible is clear, if you choose celibacy choose it for the Kingdom of God, there is no other reason for celibacy given. No where did Jesus or Paul say marriage is worthless.

You even used a example pastor not marrying as though that negates the bible. Now that you've seen ITim4 you are now backtracking.

Once again let me make it clear to you single hood is good for those who can endure it and want to devote their lives to the service of the Kingdom but that does not mean marriage is worthless or that God will not rapture you or other foolish reference to marriage being of less importance in God's eyes.

2 Likes

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Nobody: 2:04pm On Dec 09, 2014
LordReed:

Your first post I saw here was urging people to go and see Tyler Perry's plays and you categorically said marriage is worthless. Is that what the bible teaches? You were even defending your position when I called you out on using Tyler Perry's plays as a life script.

The bible is clear, if you choose celibacy choose it for the Kingdom of God, there is no other reason for celibacy given. No where did Jesus or Paul say marriage is worthless.

You even used a example pastor not marrying as though that negates the bible. Now that you've seen ITim4 you are now backtracking.

Once again let me make it clear to you single hood is good for those who can endure it and want to devote their lives to the service of the Kingdom but that does not mean marriage is worthless or that God will not rapture you or other foolish reference to marriage being of less importance in God's eyes.

Waaaaaoooooo! God bless you brother. I like these your words "Once again let me make it clear to you SINGLE HOOD IS GOOD for those who can endure it and want to devote their lives to the service of the Kingdom" It means you have finally had your eyes opened. Praise the Lord.

But you would have added "but not by force".

Moreover, bearing false accusation will get you to HELLFIRE, I never told you that marriage is worthless.

Please take note and rephrase your words to want I have been telling you, which is that singleness is BETTER.

And it is by far better. The highest authority in Heaven and earth Jesus Christ by His actions and words directly and indirectly said so.

Thank God I have finally won you over. Please can you give room so I can talk to strong young men that wants to stay single.

Because am about to throw bomb, in form of a write up. I don't want your fragile emotions to get wounded.

MEANWHILE, WHY IS IT THAT PEOPLE WHO ARE GETTING MORE HURT BY OUR CALL TO STAY SINGLE ARE SINGLES NOT MARRIED MEN? WHY?

Even out here, more married men don't care, some even give me subtle encouragement, but more single men attack me. Why?
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Nobody: 2:13pm On Dec 09, 2014
LordReed:

Waaooo! God bless you brother. I like these your words "Once again let me make it clear to you SINGLE HOOD IS GOOD for those who can endure it and want to devote their lives to the service of the Kingdom" It means you have finally had your eyes opened. Praise the Lord.

Moreover, bearing false accusation will get you to HELLFIRE, I never told you that marriage is worthless.

Please take note and rephrase your words to want I have been telling you, which is that singleness is BETTER.

And it is by far better. The highest authority in Heaven and earth Jesus Christ by His actions and words directly and indirectly said so.

Thank God I have finally won you over. Please can you give room so I can talk to strong young men that wants to stay single.

Because am about to throw bomb, in form of a write up. I don't want your fragile emotions to get wounded.

MEANWHILE, WHY IS IT THAT PEOPLE WHO ARE GETTING MORE HURT BY OUR CALL TO STAY SINGLE ARE SINGLES NOT MARRIED MEN? WHY?

Even out here, more married men don't care, some even give me subtle encouragement, but more single men attack me. Why?
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by LordReed(m): 2:47pm On Dec 09, 2014
ColinAdua:

Waaooo! God bless you brother. I like these your words "Once again let me make it clear to you SINGLE HOOD IS GOOD for those who can endure it and want to devote their lives to the service of the Kingdom" It means you have finally had your eyes opened. Praise the Lord.

Is it that it takes time for you to understand something or what? Was there a time I wrote that singlehood is bad? I have been saying from the beginning of my conversation with you that if you choose singlehood good for you, how are you interpreting that as singlehood is bad?

Singleness is better for what? Tyler Perry plays or the Kingdom of God? Your first post was to point people to watch Tyler Perry as a way to dissuade them from marriage, is that inline with the Word of God?

You have not won me over anywhere rather you have modified your position to now say singlehood for the gospel meanwhile when I first challenged you, you were all about Tyler Perry, as though Tyler Perry plays are your new scripture.

I will not give room for you to denigrate marriage in anyway, that is not what the scripture says.

Fragile emotions? You who wanted to cry because I would not agree with you? LoL

Dude, talk about the things you know not the ones you have no idea about ie stop bragging.

BTW please explain "not worth the pains" below:

ColinAdua:
Hello! My Single guys.

There are movies (even though they are a bit old) I will love every young man out here to watch especially those ones crazy about marriage.

They are;
1) Why did I get married? 2007 by Tyler Perry.
2) Why did I get married too? 2010 by Tyler Perry
3) Daddy's little girls. 2007 by Tyler Perry
4) Temptations: Confession of a marriage Counselor. 2013 by Tyler Perry.

No. 4 is actually a very big eye opener.

Please guys marriage is not worth the pains.

How does "not worth the pain" differ from worthless, please explain.

1 Like

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by killjoy(m): 4:36pm On Dec 09, 2014
LordReed:

Is it that it takes time for you to understand something or what? Was there a time I wrote that singlehood is bad? I have been saying from the beginning of my conversation with you that if you choose singlehood good for you, how are you interpreting that as singlehood is bad?

Singleness is better for what? Tyler Perry plays or the Kingdom of God? Your first post was to point people to watch Tyler Perry as a way to dissuade them from marriage, is that inline with the Word of God?

You have not won me over anywhere rather you have modified your position to now say singlehood for the gospel meanwhile when I first challenged you, you were all about Tyler Perry, as though Tyler Perry plays are your new scripture.

I will not give room for you to denigrate marriage in anyway, that is not what the scripture says.

Dude, talk about the things you know not the ones you have no idea about ie stop bragging.

u lyk quarell pass fyt
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Nobody: 9:04am On Dec 10, 2014
LordReed:

This guy you are not well! Where did I wrote that you said that singleness is bad? To me I understand from all your meaningless defenses, that you are trying to prove that marriage is better than singlehood. I don't put words into someone's mouth, am not a retard.

If 'not worth the pains' means 'worthless' to you. You really need to go back to school because all the money spent on your school fees are a WASTE.

ME CRY FOR YOUR BASELESS MEANINGLESS REPLIES, IN YOUR DELUSIONS. YOU MUST BE VERY SICK. When I defeated you hands down.

You even lied against me to help cushion your defeat. That I said marriage is worthless. FYI, I don't use the word "WORTHLESS". Cos I don't believe that anything created by God is worthless. It can be unnecessary depending on a particular situation at hand.

Just like Bible says; "because of present DISTRESS" 1 Corinthians7:26, marriage is unnecessary! Gbam

Thank God, you use your own hands to write "SINGLE HOOD IS GOOD". You even used my own personal coinage "SINGLEHOOD" which doesn't exist in any dictionary except mine, meaning you surrendered to me totally.

I know your are trying frantically to massage your bruised and dusted ego. Sorry o o. kpele o o o! Make I rub am BALM OF GILEAD?

Well, my Bible says "But shun profane and idle babblings, for they will increase to more ungodliness"2Timothy2:16. "but avoid foolish and ignorant disputes knowing that they generate strife" 2Timothy2:23

Because of these I will leave you.

MY last words to you; STOP LYING AGAINST SOMEONE, IT WILL LAND YOU IN HELL. LEARN TO BE A GENTLEMAN ACCEPT DEFEAT AND APOLOGIZE WHEN YOU LIE AGAINST SOMEONE. MIND YOU; TYLER PERRY'S MOVIES DOESN'T ENCOURAGE SINGLENESS.

Farewell!

Singlehood is strength! Singlehood is sweet! Singlehood is sumptuous!!! Hahaa!
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Ennamdee(m): 11:18am On Dec 10, 2014
@ColinAdua @killjoy @LordReed

My opinion...

1. We're too different to live together: To some extent, your comments are right, nonetheless, every relationship whether with male or female, family or friends, you need a lot of patience, tolerance, understanding, endurance, compromise etc to survive…lest the relationship won’t progress.

2. Love doesn't exist: This is highly debatable, basing your argument just on your experience is certainly not a good reason to conclude that love doesn’t exist, you are just 1 out of 7.125 billion (2013) world populations. “Ohhhh how women react to the smell of cash” yet men are more involved in money ritual.

3. You don't need a child: In as much as I agree with you that getting married just to have kids ‘maybe’ disastrous, I want to reckon with Genesis 9:7. Can you confirm that it was Mother Theresa’s choice never to have a child? Thank God Einstein has kid(s), you woulda used him as another example! Adoption is not bad, but baby mama is debatable.

4. There is absolutely nothing new marriage has to offer you: Yes we belong to a family, and Yes our mother loves us but paying your maid well is not a guarantee that she won’t disrespect you nor steal from you, A bad wife may steal from you tho. Every other comment about sex is right, I guess.

5. Marriage is expensive: Marriage might be expensive, but there are millions of career women, in some families, the wife is the breadwinner whiles the husband lazy around. Saying “Most ladies don't have plans of making money (some stop after getting married).”Sounds like a statement in the 18th or 19th century. Apart from marriage, there are plenty of life issues that can drain you emotionally; Mood swings are not particular to any gender O! Abeg!!

6. It may end up in divorce: Sooo true, most points are valid! But staying single is NEVER a guarantee for happiness.

7. You get to focus on your dreams without distractions: As much as marriage can be a distraction, Marriage can also be the breakthrough needed. There are a million and one life issues that can and will distract a man, (depending on so many factors).

Note: My OPINION!!
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by LordReed(m): 11:32am On Dec 10, 2014
ColinAdua:

This guy you are not well! Where did I wrote that you said that singleness is bad? To me I understand from all your meaningless defenses, that you are trying to prove that marriage is better than singlehood. I don't put words into someone's mouth, am not a retard.

If 'not worth the pains' means 'worthless' to you. You really need to go back to school because all the money spent on your school fees are a WASTE.

ME CRY FOR YOUR BASELESS MEANINGLESS REPLIES, IN YOUR DELUSIONS. YOU MUST BE VERY SICK. When I defeated you hands down.

You even lied against me to help cushion your defeat. That I said marriage is worthless. FYI, I don't use the word "WORTHLESS". Cos I don't believe that anything created by God is worthless. It can be unnecessary depending on a particular situation at hand.

Just like Bible says; "because of present DISTRESS" 1 Corinthians7:26, marriage is unnecessary! Gbam

Thank God, you use your own hands to write "SINGLE HOOD IS GOOD". You even used my own personal coinage "SINGLEHOOD" which doesn't exist in any dictionary except mine, meaning you surrendered to me totally.

I know your are trying frantically to massage your bruised and dusted ego. Sorry o o. kpele o o o! Make I rub am BALM OF GILEAD?

Well, my Bible says "But shun profane and idle babblings, for they will increase to more ungodliness"2Timothy2:16. "but avoid foolish and ignorant disputes knowing that they generate strife" 2Timothy2:23

Because of these I will leave you.

MY last words to you; STOP LYING AGAINST SOMEONE, IT WILL LAND YOU IN HELL. LEARN TO BE A GENTLEMAN ACCEPT DEFEAT AND APOLOGIZE WHEN YOU LIE AGAINST SOMEONE. MIND YOU; TYLER PERRY'S MOVIES DOESN'T ENCOURAGE SINGLENESS.

Farewell!

Singlehood is strength! Singlehood is sweet! Singlehood is sumptuous!!! Hahaa!

LoL! Look who is talking. I used singlehood and it is "sweeting your belle" and you talk of massaging ego's. Grasping at straws much?

Please state one thing that I said that even remotely implies I meant that marriage is better than singlehood (hope this use massages your ego some more). The delusional person here is clearly you.

Again how is not worth the pain different from the below dictionary definition
Worthless: Not having worth and use, without value, inconsequential.

If something is not worth the effort used to acquire it what does that thing become? Stimulate your critical thinking with that question for a bit.

I even used the analogy of fortune 500 companies and what was your response?

"But the truth still remains that there more
healthy companies than healthy marriages(if
there is any)."

Can it be any less clear that you abhor marriage? That marriage is a "nonentity" to you?

BTW in one of my previous post I asked you to explain the difference between worthless and not worth the pain instead you result to ad hominems, shows your level of reasoning.

I think you are used to a certain level of discuss and conversing with me has challenged your intellect, don't be shy to acknowledge that you are forced to properly consider the things you write now.
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by LordReed(m): 12:10pm On Dec 10, 2014
Ennamdee:
@ColinAdua @killjoy @LordReed

My opinion...

1. We're too different to live together: To some extent, your comments are right, nonetheless, every relationship whether with male or female, family or friends, you need a lot of patience, tolerance, understanding, endurance, compromise etc to survive…lest the relationship won’t progress.

2. Love doesn't exist: This is highly debatable, basing your argument just on your experience is certainly not a good reason to conclude that love doesn’t exist, you are just 1 out of 7.125 billion (2013) world populations. “Ohhhh how women react to the smell of cash” yet men are more involved in money ritual.

3. You don't need a child: In as much as I agree with you that getting married just to have kids ‘maybe’ disastrous, I want to reckon with Genesis 9. Can you confirm that it was Mother Theresa’s choice never to have a child? Thank God Einstein has kid(s), you woulda used him as another example! Adoption is not bad, but baby mama is debatable.

4. There is absolutely nothing new marriage has to offer you: Yes we belong to a family, and Yes our mother loves us but paying your maid well is not a guarantee that she won’t disrespect you nor steal from you, A bad wife may steal from you tho. Every other comment about sex is right, I guess.

5. Marriage is expensive: Marriage might be expensive, but there are millions of career women, in some families, the wife is the breadwinner whiles the husband lazy around. Saying “Most ladies don't have plans of making money (some stop after getting married).”Sounds like a statement in the 18th or 19th century. Apart from marriage, there are plenty of life issues that can you emotionally; Mood swings are not particular to any gender O! Abeg!!

6. It may end up in divorce: Sooo true, most points are valid! But staying single is NEVER a guarantee for happiness.

7. You get to focus on your dreams without distractions: As much as marriage can be a distraction, Marriage can also be the breakthrough needed. There are a million and one life issues that can and will distract a man, (depending on so many factors).

Note: My OPINION!!

Your opinion strikes a balance and I am glad for that. I am just amazed that some folks cannot see it.
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Nobody: 3:13pm On Dec 10, 2014
chrisbaba1:

If anything, not wife. Kids are a legacy, wife? Not so. Most men I know, met don't particularly enjoy their wife, more of tolerating. ....... women change quick, men get tired quick, women are complex.....

Oh so you're going to blame the woman for your inability to be patient? The problem is when men get a woman they don't try anymore. It's like she's mine and she won't leave.
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Nobody: 5:17pm On Dec 10, 2014
MrsBreezy:

Oh so you're going to blame the woman for your inability to be patient? The problem is when men get a woman they don't try anymore. It's like she's mine and she won't leave.

What do you mean by when men get a woman? Why not "when women get a man" ?

This is what happens when the society has made women believe they are of greater worth than men,women starts making sentenced like "when men get a woman" "the man had sex with the woman" "the man married the woman" why not the other way round.

If women don't feel they are more important than men,like you are doing,then the marriage would have been a good thing.

2 Likes

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Nobody: 6:49pm On Dec 10, 2014
Hello! Single Guys and Single Guys wannabe!

Like I was saying before, I think its high time we formed a support group where we can encourage and inspire each other.

Because its not easy. With a lot of pressure, one can easily loose focus and later starts regretting it.

Do you know that some funny people claiming family, gathered for me last year and in extension January 5th this year, and my singlehood was one of their headache? Some people don't understand boundaries at all.

One of them raised the issue that was still single at 35+ and not even bothered, when all my mates are married.

Thank God I called one of my very spiritual single pastor and he was there. His presence gave me a lot of boldness to look them all in the face and tell them I WILL NOT MARRY.

As I have people that inspire me here and I draw strength from, its a bit easier. You know our society now. But I know a lot of you are not that opportuned, I will like to mentor anyone who is serious.

There is a herb my research digged up that can help with sexual urges, which is an issue too.

Meanwhile, immersing yourself and thought in the things of God through Christ Jesus is one of the biggest help you can get.

Because I just woke up one morning and found out that the urge to have close relationships with females are no longer there. I think grace took that one away.

Moreover, tackling challenges to build my business is another wonderful help because it consumes most of my time and thought.

What do you think?

I may not be coming here often because I have a conglomerate to build.

God bless you all!

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (42) (Reply)

Lady Selling Banana Causes Stir With Her Backside. / What Name Do You Call Your Lover In Your Language? / Nurse Found Dead After Marathon Sex With Lover In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.