Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,815 members, 7,810,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:17 PM

Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them (39036 Views)

Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Very Difficult To Submit Their Husbands / Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? / Husbands Who Beat Their Wives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by dre11(m): 10:55am On Nov 05, 2014
lahit14:

Eithr way he's using a military approach! Don't like that style. Thr. R many ways to kill a rat, military style, chase it round ur haus wit a big club n eventually ovrcome it den turn back n look at how redecorated ur haus is. Evrytin no be by power.

Am not an apostles of military approach as u did said......
But don't u think a man as to do what he believes is the best for his family
If the wife doesn't know how to manage financial aspect of it and he believes that the best way to crub it

Have seen a lot of marriage crumbling because of money management
Where one is prudent and the other is lavish

So if the husband is a prudent type let her roll with it
Atleast in 9ja of today most families don't live on their salary alone.. ... So her other source of income can cater a bit for that
But

Let everything be done in moderation
Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by Nobody: 10:58am On Nov 05, 2014
kibi:

he says its meant to show her submissiveness...thats the part that puzzles me.

I dnt know why people didnt see this part of your post. He is demanding for her salary for one reason and one reason only: To show her submissiveness. Hmm. Men who always ask for things to be done simply to show submissivenness are found out to be abusive emotionally, verbally and physically ooooooooo. The "Submissive" word is their favorite. Most abusive stories involved men stripping their wives of finances so that they can be fully dependent on them. such men believe that once a woman is stripped off finances, she will become powerless and easy to control. Such men are not mentally stable!! Nigerian women, open your eyes!! I don talk my own.

4 Likes

Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by bimbos2007: 12:41pm On Nov 05, 2014
men like your brother
Cutehector4u:
Hmmm... I wonder the kind of men mothers raise up these days

1 Like

Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by lahit14(m): 1:36pm On Nov 05, 2014
dre11:

If the wife doesn't know how to manage financial aspect of it and he believes that the best way to crub it

Atleast in 9ja of today most families don't live on their salary alone.. ... So her other source of income can cater a bit for that
But

I see ur points bro, I neva said u were appostl military though, yes a moni lavishn wife is not one anybody prays for. Just sayin it shouldn't be tied to thr gettin back togethr, somtin of an ultimatum, if she doesn't comply, they say goodbye's? Not good. Remembr thr marriage already hav bruses given their seperation, if eventually she budges, marriage will be sour, since she wouldn't be submittin her month salary wit joy. I knw thr r times a man should tak a firm decision for the family but humans hav evolved, peopl don wise toomuch, u can still carry it out in a bettr way whr it would be win win for evry1.
Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by josite: 1:51pm On Nov 05, 2014
if u decide you are a christain and wants a christain marriage,then submitting your salary should not be a big deal where you whole being itself is already submitted to the husband as christ enjoins all women who will have a xtain marriage to do.

if however you elect a society marriage with trends dictated by the society or a civilised marraige with trends disctated by civilisation then submitting yourself and your money is wrong and no husband should ask any wife to do that in that context.

so the first question is what type of marriage are they into.
african marriage and christain marriage actually expects the wife to submit herself and everythig she has to her hubby and thats the source of the joy of these marriages as opposed to BB MARRIAGES whre the hubby will be sleeping and the wife is sending her naked pictures to toasters via whassaps.,bb.

define the marriage before you enter,please and save yourself trouble.AM FOR AFRICAN MARRIAGE.

2 Likes

Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by lahit14(m): 1:57pm On Nov 05, 2014
dre11:

But

Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by lahit14(m): 2:00pm On Nov 05, 2014
dre11:

But

I see ur points bro, I neva said u were appostl military though, yes a moni lavishn wife is not one anybody prays for. Just sayin it shouldn't be tied to thr gettin back togethr, somtin of an ultimatum, if she doesn't comply, they say goodbye's? Not good. Remembr thr marriage already hav bruses given their seperation, if eventually she budges, marriage will be sour, since she wouldn't be submittin her month salary wit joy. I knw thr r times a man should tak a firm decision for the family but humans hav evolved, peopl don wise toomuch, u can still carry it out in a bettr way whr it would be win win for evry1.
Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by LYNDDY(f): 2:55pm On Nov 05, 2014
what a pity, I have an uncle like that(was saving up money to start his own business ), his wife earns 70k every month and he uses her atm to withdraw the money every month immediately the salary is paid. And she is cool with it , cos he manages the money well in running the house. The money is use for rent ,feeding and for their son. But now he has started his own business and am not sure if he still collects his wife's salary.
Personally I will not try it, I really don't care what he says, I can contribute to the upkeep of the house but surrendering 100% of my salary is a big NO!
Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by owabige: 3:33pm On Nov 05, 2014
I might not knw wat their marital problem is,I am a married woman and I also work,wat I do at every month end is to set out a budget with my husband for the household..for example if we have to buy certain things that d house nids we share the out come 60-40.so that the both parties can also have some money to sort out their personal problems and transportation to wrk.its all about understanding and communication..so I really think that those couple nids some counselling

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by radicalove(f): 5:09pm On Nov 05, 2014
Elypsis:
Submit her salary to me for what?! Infact it sickens me to hear that

I'm happy that we still have reasonable men out there, y should a woman submit all her monthly salary to her husband? Even if it's charm, things do not work that way. My advise is for her to leave d bondage of a marriage before her money-sucking-demon sucks her dry and still end up divorcing her leaving her with nothing. To be fore warned is to be fore armed. If d man wants assistance, she can help out but not for her to submit everything.

3 Likes

Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by radicalove(f): 5:14pm On Nov 05, 2014
ayswags:
But you ladies want equality now,Now it's time to share expenses and we are hearing stories that touch.You can't eat your cake and have it grin grin grin grin

So, only expenses should be shared abi?? What about house chores and childbearing?? Will that also be shared as well?? It is clear that what most men want from ladies is not just "sex" anymore, but "sex and money", too bad

2 Likes

Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by ZIMDRILL(m): 5:33pm On Nov 05, 2014
radicalove:

So, only expenses should be shared abi?? What about house chores and childbearing?? Will that also be shared as well?? It is clear that what most men want from ladies is not just "sex" anymore, but "sex and money", too bad

child bearing throw it out why ? ask god to make men to start giving birth

as for chores i dont see why do you have to share, once you use the word SHARE it means there is a problem in doing the chores

i will give an example of my life here in UK my wive does long days (aka 12 hour shift) 3 times a week

so when am off when she doing a long day i cook, clean the house and do the laundry

this is helping my partner, imagine this, she goes to work 12 hours 8 am - 8pm cames back and start to cook and clean the house by the time she goes to bed i would want sex, she would be tired like real a slave and that affect the sex our life and her physical body

the best thing is to help her by making her rest, just like our fathers used to do, go to work came back home and bathing water would be ready and food then the next day he is fresh for work, women too need to rest after a day at work this can be done by doing other chores, by the time she come back from work she wont have to do much and the rest of the time she would resting

its high time african men learn to help wives in the house especially if she goes to work

chores are not meant to do a duty but as everyday work to keep the house clean and also to be done as helping your other partner take rest

it would be a different story if the women is just housewive

4 Likes

Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by Shirley07: 5:51pm On Nov 05, 2014
josite:
if u decide you are a christain and wants a christain marriage,then submitting your salary should not be a big deal where you whole being itself is already submitted to the husband as christ enjoins all women who will have a xtain marriage to do.

if however you elect a society marriage with trends dictated by the society or a civilised marraige with trends disctated by civilisation then submitting yourself and your money is wrong and no husband should ask any wife to do that in that context.

african marriage and christain marriage actually expects the wife to submit herself and everythig she has to her hubby and thats the source of the joy of these marriages as opposed to BB MARRIAGES whre the hubby will be sleeping and the wife is sending her naked pictures to toasters via whassaps.,bb.

define the marriage before you enter,please and save yourself trouble.AM FOR AFRICAN MARRIAGE.
Is there any neurone cell in your brain? Strange creatures everywhere!
Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by Shirley07: 5:53pm On Nov 05, 2014
josite:

Is there any neurone in your brain cell? Strange creatures everywhere!

1 Like

Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by radicalove(f): 6:25pm On Nov 05, 2014
guass:

There is no such thing as 'HER SALARY' except they are not truly married in LOVE. If U ask me I wud say the woman shud submit 70% of her salary without any Question. Ok
I DON'T BELIEVE D PERSON BELOW ME IS TRULY A MAN.

No such thing as "HER SALARY" in marriage, but there is something like "HIS SALARY" in that same marriage? So unfair!

2 Likes

Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by GoodFaith: 9:14pm On Nov 05, 2014
ojiefi:
Exactly! my husband has never asked me how much i earn because he believes its his responsibility to cater for the family. he earned his respect and i dont wait to be compelled before i do things for him and in the house. men should simply know their place and not hide under submissiveness to hide their laziness and inability to provide for the family. if my husband insists on my submitting my salary to him he wont even see a dime. did he send me to school or get the job for me? anyway women get category and levels. any man that is insisting on a woman's salary is wicked and very very lazy. infact that is abuse number 1, when you strip the woman of economic power. my take though.
You sound ignorant and uneducated
What is a family?
I am nice but I need to be a b
NO man should take over all family expense
If you have a wife, Please "men" make her contribute
She have to have a stalk in the married
The husband and wife money MUST always be the family's money
We work for the need of our family
Women are having good education today and some women make more money than man
We have to be reasonable and sensible

2 Likes

Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by Elypsis(m): 9:22pm On Nov 05, 2014
radicalove:

I'm happy that we still have reasonable men out there, y should a woman submit all her monthly salary to her husband? Even if it's charm, things do not work that way. My advise is for her to leave d bondage of a marriage before her money-sucking-demon sucks her dry and still end up divorcing her leaving her with nothing. To be fore warned is to be fore armed. If d man wants assistance, she can help out but not for her to submit everything.
that's exactly the way it should be ma'am

2 Likes

Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by miqos02(m): 12:43pm On Nov 06, 2014
kibi:
i just spoke with a friend of mine who has been having marital challenges and she says the hubby has given her a condition for their make up - submit your salary to me at the end of every month.
i really dont like being in the middle of marital squables cos i wouldnt want anyone in mine so i told her to pray and talk it out with her husband though it did get me thinking, whats the rationale behind that condition...for men in the house who do this please enlighten me cos i dont support it.
advice her to play the fool for three months by submitting the salary and see how it goes.

how come the man knows her exact salary
Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by Godmystrength: 2:04pm On Nov 06, 2014
miqos02:
advice her to play the fool for three months by submitting the salary and see how it goes.

how come the man knows her exact salary
isn't he suppose to know??
Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by cap28: 3:33pm On Nov 06, 2014
This set up of a man asking his wife to submit her salary to him is a clear cut case of abuse and control. This can only happen in a society where men are allowed to get away with abusing women and of course Nigeria is such a society. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with a wife helping to pay bills and contribute to the running of her home, but to ask her to submit her salary to her husband as if she is mentally retarded and incapable of running her own affairs is simply exploitation and abuse. This type of scenario normally happens in a situation where the the woman was desperate to get married to the man and feels that without the man she has no life, if such a man knows this he will abuse the situation and start making unnecessary demands on the woman. Therefore women should realise that marriage is not a do or die affair but merely a union between two people who love each other and intend to help raise and nurture a family together, it shouldn't be used as a means of exploitation. Men who engage in this type of behaviour are usually the type of men who married for ulterior motives for example in the US a lot of Nigerian men import young women from poor family backgrounds over to the US, they get them to work as nurses and then insist that the money these women make is "submitted" to them every month for "projects back home", the woman effectively becomes modern day slaves to this man's demands and any attempt to break out of such a set up is met with extreme anger and violence from the men - is that what marriage is all about? would any man wish his sister to undergo such treatment at the hands of any man?
To say that the man does this in order to "help" the woman manage her finances is a major insult and slap in the face to Nigerian women as I see Nigerian women as some of the most hardworking and industrious women out there, the average Nigerian woman juggles her personal career with the raising of her children and does a good job at it, come to the west and you see western women who do not cook and prefer to go out clubbing with their female friends rather than stay home with their husband and kids. Ask any western woman to submit her salary to you each month and see whether that marriage will be in existence the next day. Some women in the west even divorce their husbands as soon as he loses his job not to talk of asking her to submit her salary to you every month. I have sisters and would never stand by and watch any of their husbands make such demands on them.

4 Likes

Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by Nobody: 8:41pm On Nov 06, 2014
ThoniaSlim:

By their words you shall know them! Anu Ofia! You are the lazy man who would leech on a woman like a parasite! I hate lazy men who are shameless enough to be fully dependent on a woman! The same way I do not condone women who fully depend on a man!

There is absolutely no issue with the woman contributing to the household or assisting with the bills, but demanding that she submits her whole monthly income to you is just foolish! Maka gini! That man can go to blazes for all I care!

Women be carrying this marriage thing on their heads like that's your sole aim in life! No man can kill me because I'm married to him! At the end of the day if we die, we all get buried in different coffins, so why should one man be causing me unnecessary stress! Mba nu!

[img]https://www.tumblr.com/search/laughing+gif[/img]

The gif is not even showing cheesy
Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by Nobody: 8:58pm On Nov 06, 2014
cap28:
This set up of a man asking his wife to submit her salary to him is a clear cut case of abuse and control. This can only happen in a society where men are allowed to get away with abusing women and of course Nigeria is such a society. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with a wife helping to pay bills and contribute to the running of her home, but to ask her to submit her salary to her husband as if she is mentally retarded and incapable of running her own affairs is simply exploitation and abuse. This type of scenario normally happens in a situation where the the woman was desperate to get married to the man and feels that without the man she has no life, if such a man knows this he will abuse the situation and start making unnecessary demands on the woman. Therefore women should realise that marriage is not a do or die affair but merely a union between two people who love each other and intend to help raise and nurture a family together, it shouldn't be used as a means of exploitation. Men who engage in this type of behaviour are usually the type of men who married for ulterior motives for example in the US a lot of Nigerian men import young women from poor family backgrounds over to the US, they get them to work as nurses and then insist that the money these women make is "submitted" to them every month for "projects back home", the woman effectively becomes modern day slaves to this man's demands and any attempt to break out of such a set up is met with extreme anger and violence from the men - is that what marriage is all about? would any man wish his sister to undergo such treatment at the hands of any man?
To say that the man does this in order to "help" the woman manage her finances is a major insult and slap in the face to Nigerian women as I see Nigerian women as some of the most hardworking and industrious women out there, the average Nigerian woman juggles her personal career with the raising of her children and does a good job at it, come to the west and you see western women who do not cook and prefer to go out clubbing with their female friends rather than stay home with their husband and kids. Ask any western woman to submit her salary to you each month and see whether that marriage will be in existence the next day. Some women in the west even divorce their husbands as soon as he loses his job not to talk of asking her to submit her salary to you every month. I have sisters and would never stand by and watch any of their husbands make such demands on them.

Wow, I am very impressed. You should make more posts in the family section.
Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by tintingz(m): 9:10pm On Nov 06, 2014
Why must she submit her salary?

That's not submission but controlling.

Her salary is hers and she will contribute as the wife not submitting salary to a man like a teenager.

Husband is the provider of the house, wife is to assist the hubby not submitting her salary.

2 Likes

Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by Ugo201: 9:50pm On Nov 06, 2014
I wonder why in the first place a woman would keep her earnings away from her husband. My own parents as teachers of old had one purse. It appears there had been problems associated with this issue, that is why the narrator was saying that it was a condition for the couple to make up. Where the marriage is a priority to a lady, this should not be a problem but where the self and ego is, then there will be issues even beyond the submission of salaries.
Ladies, please SUBMIT your husbands in everything. That is spiritual, as it is also traditional in the African setting. No lady who has submitted has not got the LOVE of her husband in return. Many ladies know thier RIGHTS so much that in pursuing the rights they loose them and get no sympathy at the end. If u cannot tolerate the nonesense of a man/woman, do not go into marriage in the first place but that does not include INSURBODINATION from a woman. LOVE for the woman is required of the man and SUBMISSIVENESS is required of the woman and one comes before the other, and that is SUBMISSIVENESS.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by ChynoBEATS: 10:32pm On Nov 06, 2014
ocheu:
you said your uncles wife supports him, not that ur uncle authoritatively ordered his wife to be summit her salary every month. Do u know what it means to be left with no cash?
. As-in ehn that's absolutely barbaric....... Imagine after the whole stress she's hz been tru..... Goin n comin 4rm wrk.... Washin , n cookin hiz meals ...... She'll now tender ALL_____ nt all o______ But ALL "every single penny" as-in ALL to thÍs incompetent d,Íck HEAD she calls a hubby.... She'll just Commit suicide After 2mths....

2 Likes

Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by ChynoBEATS: 10:51pm On Nov 06, 2014
[quote author=Ugo201 post=27789137]I [quote author=Ugo201 post=27789137]I wonder why in the first place a woman would keep her earnings away from her husband.
______what Ñonsence___ can u jst hear ur'sef.......??.....in this present generation U'on
Do such...... Y wÓnt u keÉp it 4rm him
??...... I swear u sounÐ so D=U]mB

My own parents as teachers of old had one
purse.
Oh they had One purse...... I bet ur parents weren't Rich nor even Leaving a comfortable live....... Cos u sound lyk a person who's brain has been soaked in poverty...... §ee rubbish wey dis one dey type sef...........
Ur pa®ents had one purse
....Had Ít been ur parents whr
As rich do u tink dey'lld be doing such??....

it was a condition for the couple to make up.

Wat non sence Condition______A condition that I'm 100% sure iz becos of EnVy ........

please SUBMIT to-your husbands in everything.

Sorry pleÀse don't mis- qoute the bible ehn...... Ogini sef.....
Becos it wz said doesn't mean she should do so in Everytin she does....... Or hv u 4got'n that We'r all equal creÀtions??.......

Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by ChynoBEATS: 11:00pm On Nov 06, 2014
repogirl:
a man who cannot take care of his home is worse than an infidel! Depending on wife's salary, shioooorrrrrr!
abeg my sister tell dem O........ 4dis current generation u dey put eye 4ur wife salary..... nobi say he even talk say make she dey assist , the Lame Head wan collect everytin........ The man in question lacks training .... N I'll blame her 4 marrying such'a frustrated n!qqar

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by ocheu(f): 1:49am On Nov 07, 2014
ChynoBEATS:
. As-in ehn that's absolutely barbaric....... Imagine after the whole stress she's hz been tru..... Goin n comin 4rm wrk.... Washin , n cookin hiz meals ...... She'll now tender ALL_____ nt all o______ But ALL "every single penny" as-in ALL to thÍs incompetent d,Íck HEAD she calls a hubby.... She'll just Commit suicide After 2mths....
suicide no be small grin grin
Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by Nobody: 3:43am On Nov 07, 2014
kibi:
i just spoke with a friend of mine who has been having marital challenges and she says the hubby has given her a condition for their make up - submit your salary to me at the end of every month.
i really dont like being in the middle of marital squables cos i wouldnt want anyone in mine so i told her to pray and talk it out with her husband though it did get me thinking, whats the rationale behind that condition...for men in the house who do this please enlighten me cos i dont support it.

I consider myself a submissive wife but I don't joke with my money
Mba nu
When it comes to money,my eyes are wide open
Ladies listen,by the time a man tells you to submit and submit your paycheck,he is crossing a line
You help foot bills and contribute to projects but for me to go to work everyday and work my fingers to the bone and at the end of the month,take all my paycheck and give you?
A na m ayi ara ?
God forbid bad thing

2 Likes

Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by Nobody: 3:50am On Nov 07, 2014
beeevan:
I hope this woman will be sensible enough to tell him to GTH, criminal husbands everywhere undecided.

Do you know what husbands like that do
They suck the woman dry,some trick them to even cash and submit their retirement savings and 401k
I have seen that with my korokoro eyes
Even to buy pad,you will be begging for your own money
The marriage will eventually crash because bloodsuckers like that never get enough ,they suck and suck and control every move,your friends,they cut you away from your loved ones and isolate you to suck you to death until she decides to flee and she is left penniless
Any man that says the marriage must not be peaceful till you give him 100% of your pay check is not of God and must be resisted like the devil himself

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by Nobody: 3:52am On Nov 07, 2014
kibi:

i never said i had all the facts...truth be told i didnt ask so i would give her any advice....i just was puzzled at why a squable wuld be settled with such a condition.

Because that is his way of control
Once he strips her of financial freedom,she is undone.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Mike Sonko: “If You See My Wife With Another Man Please Don’t Tell Me" / Know The Few Importance Of Sex In A Marriage / I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.