Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,094 members, 7,953,333 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:30 PM

Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. (24906 Views)

Do U Think Washing Machine Is For Lazy Wives? / A Lazy Husband / Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by thorpido(m): 1:03pm On Nov 05, 2014
coogar:

horseshit!
pounded yam is the same everywhere. do they even have taste? it's the soup people enjoy, not the pounded mould.

if the soup is grade A, whatever you eat it with would go down well even if it's a ball of cotton wool. help your wives to help you.
I don't see any difference with it but I just keep hearing people say that.I guess the 'african men' will always want the mortar.
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Nobody: 1:04pm On Nov 05, 2014
FINA4804:
Whats the difference between pressure pot, slow cooker and multicooker

1.Pressure cooker uses steam and high pressure to help those stubborn foods cook really fast eg beans
2 It is faster then slow cooker..with the slow cooker,you just plug in and go to work,the food slowly cooks and absorbs soo much flavour plus no burning.
3. The Multicooker is a multi function gadget that acts as slow cooker,deep frier,stir frier,steamer etc. all in one.
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by rebella(f): 1:07pm On Nov 05, 2014
TribalEAST:
Wait, I haven't seen any talk on this thread about a gadget that the hubby can insert his joystick into when his lazy wife doesn't want to have sex cos she's too tired from operating the dish washer or she's busy watching telemundo.
Blow up dolls

2 Likes

Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Nobody: 1:10pm On Nov 05, 2014
rebella:

Blow up dolls
then what's the use of marrying when an african man can't enjoy meals prepared in the african way anymore and the woman who's supposed to give him good sex is referring him to a blow up doll?
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by rebella(f): 1:13pm On Nov 05, 2014
TribalEAST:
then what's the use of marrying when an african man can't enjoy meals prepared in the african way anymore and the woman who's supposed to give him good sex is referring him to a blow up doll?
The taste of the meal is what is important not the method used to prepare the meal.

8 Likes

Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by FINA4804(f): 1:14pm On Nov 05, 2014
Madam the review on the multicooker is not consumer friendly. Did you get your own from amazon and what has being the experience. What I need is a device that can cook fast and very soft.
hispinkolo:

Slowcooker
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Morphy-Richards-Accents-48702-Cooker/dp/B00888X55S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1415187137&sr=8-1&keywords=slow+cooker

Or
Multicooker
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Morphy-Richards-48615-Intellichef-Multicooker/dp/B00DF0E6IO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1415187190&sr=8-1&keywords=Multicooker

I prefer the multicooker as it slow cooks,braises,fries,steams etc..
Deep frying too dey for those that make chips.So the oil isn't flying everywhere and causing you to dance like mosquito.

Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Nobody: 1:19pm On Nov 05, 2014
FINA4804:
Madam the review on the multicooker is not consumer friendly. Did you get your own from amazon and what has being the experience. What I need is a device that can cook fast and very soft.

Go for the pressure cooker
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Nobody: 1:21pm On Nov 05, 2014
rebella:

The taste of the meal is what is important not the method used to prepare the meal.
poundo yam can never taste as good as pounded yam. As a matter of fact, too much poundo yam in the system is equivalent to poison, cos it has preservatives composed of chemicals that might become harmful.
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by coogar: 1:22pm On Nov 05, 2014
freshdude2:
it's just the difference between well-cooked and poorly-cooked. Surely, you appreciate a well-cooked meal, Coog?

i don't even eat any of eba, amala or pounded yam. i don't get how people go crazy about them. those food on their own are tasteless, the soup is what people really enjoy.....

2 Likes

Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by FINA4804(f): 1:22pm On Nov 05, 2014
Ok thanks
naijababe:

Go for the pressure cooker
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 05, 2014
coogar:

i don't even eat any of eba, amala or pounded yam. i don't get how people go crazy about them. those food on their own are tasteless, the soup is what people really enjoy.....

Abeg jo, original pounded yam is not tasteless o. I know how many times I have eaten like half before eating with soup

2 Likes

Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by coogar: 1:26pm On Nov 05, 2014
naijababe:

Abeg jo, original pounded yam is not tasteless o. I know how many times I have eaten like half before eating with soup

that's exactly the point!
the people talking about elasticity are just being pedantic. if you can eat boiled yams with soup, why would any type of pounded yam(elastic or inelastic) be any different?

does elastic pounded yam add extra nutrients? grin

4 Likes

Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Nobody: 1:26pm On Nov 05, 2014
Queen of lazy wives club checking in.

Most of us are already hooked up with the rice cooker, right? No time to be going back and forth to check rice in a pot jare. grin

7 Likes

Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Nobody: 1:28pm On Nov 05, 2014
For the super lazy ones. grin grin grin

"Everyday cooking is made incredibly simple with Thermomix ®. This unique appliance brings a whole range of advantages to your daily life and cooking style, while enabling you to create fresh, healthy, home-cooked meals for your family and friends."

http://thermomix.vorwerk.com/thermomix/benefits/

1 Like

Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Nobody: 1:35pm On Nov 05, 2014
crackhaus:

As much as you make it look effortless in the latter part of your post, the majority of women will still revert to point number 1 just to avoid breaking a sweat, messing up their makeup, or damaging their nails. gringrin

of cos, thats the point. The second point is for emergencies. No one loves suffering jor. Not that you cant do it, you give the men the pleasure to do it. Its just courtesy smiley

2 Likes

Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Nobody: 1:36pm On Nov 05, 2014
carefreewannabe:
For the super lazy ones. grin grin grin

"Everyday cooking is made incredibly simple with Thermomix ®. This unique appliance brings a whole range of advantages to your daily life and cooking style, while enabling you to create fresh, healthy, home-cooked meals for your family and friends."

http://thermomix.vorwerk.com/thermomix/benefits/

carefree what is this? We need simple appliances. i dont want to take 2 days to study the manual. Extra lazy cool

5 Likes

Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 05, 2014
Chillisauce:

carefree what is this? We need simple appliances. i dont want to take 2 days to study the manual. Extra lazy cool

You won't need two days to study the manual but it will save you many hours you spend on peeling, cutting and chopping and everything else. wink

It is for the super extra lazy ones. grin
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Nobody: 1:40pm On Nov 05, 2014
[quote author=ifyalways post=27744431][/quote]

You are still rocking ma'am. I want to be like you when i grow up cheesy

Okwa na abanyia
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Nobody: 1:42pm On Nov 05, 2014
ileobatojo:

Most of us are already hooked up with the rice cooker, right? No time to be going back and forth to check rice in a pot jare. grin

I want to try Jollof rice in it. If it works, then I will be in heaven

1 Like

Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Nobody: 1:43pm On Nov 05, 2014
ileobatojo:

That rice cooker, i dont know much about that. I use pressure pot to cook mine. Pour water, cover it. Open it in the next 10mins. just like coogar will say, rice, yam, garri... they are all tasteless. The end product is what matters.

pls, How long does the rice cooker take?
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Nobody: 1:44pm On Nov 05, 2014
FINA4804:

Go for the pressure cooker if you want soft food fast.
I just ordered the multicooker,will review after use...it has fantastic reviews in Argos so I'm delving in cheesy
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Nobody: 1:44pm On Nov 05, 2014
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by blank(f): 1:49pm On Nov 05, 2014
naijababe:

No major issues with it but we only use it when in Naija..........between hubby and I, I'd say it sees about 40-50 days use per year since we bought it.

Thanks. Good to know.
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Rhukie(f): 2:01pm On Nov 05, 2014
naijababe:

You and me both for short cut. I prefer a slow cooker to a pressure cooker. Slow cookers do a much better job and are much more versatile. I can cook whole chicken, meat joints and whatnot in them.

That okra thing eh! Sometimes when I am even feeling super lazy, I let my kids do it. The pulling is fun for them grin
Pls help, my sis has a slow cooker but she doesn't know how to operate it. pls, kindly help with information on usage
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Nobody: 2:15pm On Nov 05, 2014
We want to extend the laziness to our children.

I noticed most kids always cry when you are bathing them, so this one will help you. Esp if you have like 4-5 young kids.

Put all of them in the bath that has curtain, and friction mat. Add little soap in half filled bath for them to have a fun filled 30-1hr while you do your twists, nails, shave, whatever you can do in the bathroom grin.

When they are tired, they will scream your name, you will then help with the parts their hands couldnt reach.

If you dont have a bath, invest in a big basin.

It relaxes them, makes them responsible.

7 Likes

Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Nobody: 2:26pm On Nov 05, 2014
Rhukie:
Pls help, my sis has a slow cooker but she doesn't know how to operate it. pls, kindly help with information on usage

Ok no problem.

First thing to remember is when cooking meat, you don't need to add any water as the meat cook in its own juice.

My model has both low and high settings, I always use the low settings for everything I cook in it.

For meat, season the meat and transfer to the slow cooker. The timer is a matter of preference depending on how tender you like your meat. I use 3 - 4 hours for beef, shaki, ponmo and the likes, I use 3 hours for beef because I tend to grill my meat after boiling to get that fry effect without necessarily frying, besides, I'd still cook the meat in soup or stew, the heat can add up on the final quality of your meat. I want the meat tender but not totally soft where it starts to pull apart. For things like yam pottage and beans, 2 hours is fine.

My cooker also has a keep a warm option, once the timer has elapsed, the food stays warm in the pot but the caveat with the keep warm option is that it is bad for meat because the meat become even softer. So when cooking meat, I remove the meat from the cooker immediately otherwise the meat end up overcooked and pulls apart easily which I do not like. Beans and the likes just stays in the pot until I am ready to serve. Yam pottage, I mash when when I am ready to serve. I hope this helps wink

For whole chicken, I tend to season and allow to marinate overnight in the fridge. It usually cooks over 6 hours, be sure to use a skewer or a knife to pierce the meatiest part of the chicken (usually the breast) all the way inside until you can feel the knife in the hollow part. When you pull out the skewer or knife it must be hot to touch (this is to check that chicken is fully cooked).

I even make things like bolognese/chilli in the it, the difference in taste makes it worth the effort.
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by FINA4804(f): 2:42pm On Nov 05, 2014
@naijababe, my sister is it 3-4hours nigeria time, for me that's wasting my time, I think its pressure cooker I really need and when I need plenty property I will get a slow cooker.
@hispinkolo, thanks dear
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 05, 2014
FINA4804:
@naijababe, my sister is it 3-4hours nigeria time, for me that's wasting my time, I think its pressure cooker I really need and when I need plenty property I will get a slow cooker.
@hispinkolo, thanks dear

Lol...........yes it is 3-4 hours Naija time grin. The idea being, I can go and do other things while the meat is cooking. For example, if I need to go shopping, I just set it up and by the time I come back, the meat is cooked. I put things like beans and yam pottage in it and go to work. By the time I get back dinner is just waiting to be served grin
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by edwife(f): 2:47pm On Nov 05, 2014
Crazy lots.... grin
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by damiso(f): 2:50pm On Nov 05, 2014
freshdude2:
E maa so bee maa. Na food o.

Ok o grin
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by damiso(f): 2:53pm On Nov 05, 2014
FINA4804:
@hispinkolo, thanks dear

My sister fear cheesy grin

Naijababe is too British don't mind her. Put food in slow cooker and go to work in naija.PHCN takes off power and it comes back with high voltage na kasala be that o lipsrsealed grin grin grin

I think pressure cooker is a better option for you based on what you said earlier

3 Likes

Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by damiso(f): 2:54pm On Nov 05, 2014
coogar:

me ke?
i am only an apprentice....i have masters, jenny & phema. grin

Apprentice ko trainee ni grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Zambian Woman Divorces Her Illiterate Husband After He Sponsored Her Education / Woman Dumps Day-Old Baby By Roadside In Lagos (Pictured) / Catching The Bouquet At A Wedding- Myth Or Fact?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.