Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,326 members, 7,954,317 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:36 PM

Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. (24909 Views)

Do U Think Washing Machine Is For Lazy Wives? / A Lazy Husband / Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by cococandy(f): 7:25pm On Nov 05, 2014
tatiana009:

Wow okro slicer exists? And at that price? I like this thread. Learning valuable things
chillisauce really tried. I've gotten two helpful tips from her on just this thread

2 Likes

Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Godmystrength: 7:25pm On Nov 05, 2014
coogar:

horseshit!
pounded yam is the same everywhere. do they even have taste? it's the
soup people enjoy, not the pounded mould.

if the soup is grade A, whatever you eat it with would go down well even
if it's a ball of cotton wool
. help your wives to help you.
this got me rotflmao....hahahahahahaha
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 05, 2014
Make sure you guys post a picture of the machine a hubby can insert his joystick into when his lazy wife doesn't want to have sex cos she's tired from operating the dishwasher or when she's busy watching telemundo.
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 05, 2014
hispinkolo:
Naijababe,

What setting do you pound the yam with?Pulse?
What blade? If I give poundo to Dh he will be pleasantly shocked. grin

Use the metal blade and to make your life easier, cut the yams into cubes like you would for pottage. Use the normal setting, not pulse
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Nobody: 8:26pm On Nov 05, 2014
For those looking forward to babies, pls , pls i beg you, make sure you invest in pacifiers and some good peluche.

You will need it.

Give your baby peluche lying by him/her from the first day.
Let it be his best friend and introduce pacifier from one or two months.

Listen to this, when you do this, your baby will start sleeping throughout the night on his own as from 4 months upwards.

The pacifier has a way to calm them while the peluche serves as their best friend. You dont want a child waking up every 2hrs screaming on top of his voice.

Its different though for those that breastfeed for a longer time.
i learned the wrong way. Baby screaming on top his lungs even when you want to take a piss.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by beeevan: 8:46pm On Nov 05, 2014
ileobatojo:
Ok, I've been reading, yet I'm not getting any lazier....

What gives?

grin grin
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Nobody: 8:55pm On Nov 05, 2014
ileobatojo:

I think it should be in naija, it just comes in a spray bottle and forms a foam when you spray it. There are many brands, the bottle will usually say foaming bathroom spray/heavy duty foam/scrub free/powerful foam or something like that. It really makes it so much easier.
Thanks,i will look it up.
Anything to make life easier, i'm in.
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by armyofone(m): 9:38pm On Nov 05, 2014
They already have that here. Saw it once on tv. It looked like a full mannequin with bo...obs and vijayjay.
The couple who bought it talked about its usefulness and I was like shocked grin
It will get to Nigeria marketplace soon grin

TribalEAST:
Make sure you guys post a picture of the machine a hubby can insert his joystick into when his lazy wife doesn't want to have sex cos she's tired from operating the dishwasher or when she's busy watching telemundo.
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Nobody: 9:48pm On Nov 05, 2014
Chillisauce kiss kiss kiss

One more thing to do lazily

1 Like

Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by damiso(f): 10:01pm On Nov 05, 2014
2CatWoman:

Have you tried using a balloon whisk or hand blender to whisk some air into the bean flour paste when you prepare akara?

No I have not.does it make a difference? It just tasted horrible the first time I tried it.
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Nobody: 10:04pm On Nov 05, 2014
I cooked jollof rice in 15mins................mehn............I am on cloud 9 grin
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by damiso(f): 10:04pm On Nov 05, 2014
naijababe:

Sharp sharp my fellow lazy sister grin grin
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Nobody: 10:07pm On Nov 05, 2014
damiso:

Sharp sharp my fellow lazy sister grin grin

yes oh! No slacking on this side rara
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by damiso(f): 10:10pm On Nov 05, 2014
naijababe:

yes oh! No slacking on this side rara

More time to watch telemundo grin grin grin (btw not a fan of telemundo last one I watched was Isaura the slave girl)
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Nobody: 10:12pm On Nov 05, 2014
damiso:

More time to watch telemundo grin grin grin (btw not a fan of telemundo last one I watched was Isaura the slave girl)

Telemundo sha, I am still on Grey's anatomy. Heading for S5 soon enough
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by damiso(f): 10:15pm On Nov 05, 2014
naijababe:

Telemundo sha, I am still on Grey's anatomy. Heading for S5 soon enough

I dey joke I know you are not a telemundo person

But all I hear on NL is women love telemundo undecided
Grrr

1 Like

Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Nobody: 10:21pm On Nov 05, 2014
damiso:

I dey joke I know you are not a telemundo person

But all I hear on NL is women love telemundo undecided
Grrr

I am not a woman grin

1 Like

Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Nobody: 10:24pm On Nov 05, 2014
naijababe:

cheesy easy meal
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Nobody: 10:26pm On Nov 05, 2014
Chillisauce:

cheesy easy meal

Yes indeed grin took me 15 min instead of 10 mins sha angry
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Nobody: 10:27pm On Nov 05, 2014
TribalEAST:
Ragolis table water bottle is a good machine to start with. You just need 100naira , finish the content inside and you have a machine

6 Likes

Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Nobody: 10:29pm On Nov 05, 2014
naijababe:

Yes indeed grin took me 15 min instead of 10 mins sha angry

cheesy. Next time put it on a wide burner the size of 20inches. I promise you, it will take 5mins. Lol.
But its still better na
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Nobody: 10:32pm On Nov 05, 2014
Chillisauce:

cheesy. Next time put it on a wide burner the size of 20inches. I promise you, it will take 5mins. Lol.
But its still better na

Na my fault?! Shebi jollof dey take over an hour before
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by 2CatWoman: 10:53pm On Nov 05, 2014
damiso:

No I have not.does it make a difference? It just tasted horrible the first time I tried it.

I overheard some aunties discussing this years ago (can't remember who) but what they said sort of made sense. I remember in the old days when we used to go to 'Baba grinder' we had to aerate the mixture using the 'orogun' stick before frying. Once we bought a blender the aerating process became redundant but I never asked why. It's just like cake baking where you whip everything up to make it light and fluffy.

You could try it before throwing out the remaining flour and I think you need to let the mixture stand for 30mins or so before you start with the whisking. If it works, just think of all those emergency akara snacks you could be having wink

1 Like

Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Wendy80(f): 11:26pm On Nov 05, 2014
FINA4804:
Good morning all, I am part of this, please from experience what product of pressure cooker's are best we can find in nigeria, I don't like buying electrical things online. Can I use one pressure pot for both beans and meet (say cow leg, tail etc). Whatvdevice can help me slice and cut my salad and fried rice things ling carrot and the others. Sipping tea while waiting for your Life saving reply....

I use pressure pot 4 everything even to boil yam n rice ie if I want dem sharp sharp. With beans it's just 15mins
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by nat138: 11:31pm On Nov 05, 2014
Making semo, maize meal, poundo yam, wheat flour, plantain flour etc in the microwave. Bye bye to soaking caked pots and waiting for them to soften in order to wash them. Food is served in 5 minutes max. cheesy
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Stillfire: 12:26am On Nov 06, 2014
I always say it here and God will bear me witness that I have never claimed to be a superwoman, flying from Oshogbo to Damaturu, just because I am a hardworking, virtuous, industrious African wife. The women that can do it, God bless them and give them more strength, but for me, my body reacts negatively to stress. So yeah I'm the number one lazy and pampered woman of the century. tongue

2 Likes

Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by armyofone(m): 5:40am On Nov 06, 2014
Tell us about the gadget that has made your life less stressful or idonbilivit that you are the most pampered lady of the century grin

Stillfire:
I always say it here and God will bear me witness that I have never claimed to be a superwoman, flying from Oshogbo to Damaturu, just because I am a hardworking, virtuous, industrious African wife. The women that can do it, God bless them and give them more strength, but for me, my body reacts negatively to stress. So yeah I'm the number one lazy and pampered woman of the century. tongue
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Nobody: 8:37am On Nov 06, 2014
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Nobody: 8:44am On Nov 06, 2014
Stillfire:

Your are hereby christened Obiageli grin

1 Like

Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Nobody: 8:56am On Nov 06, 2014
D day stuff for washing bitterleaf is developed,then, cooking will be as simple as abc.
I just hate washing bitterleaf from childhood.
And it doesnt taste original if steamed.
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by jennyhumphrey(f): 10:34am On Nov 06, 2014
Am a guru in peeeling beans with blender. Trust me it works wonders, within 10 minutes u re done peeling.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Woman Dumps Day-Old Baby By Roadside In Lagos (Pictured) / Catching The Bouquet At A Wedding- Myth Or Fact? / Zambian Woman Divorces Her Illiterate Husband After He Sponsored Her Education

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.