Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,720 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. (24600 Views)

Do U Think Washing Machine Is For Lazy Wives? / A Lazy Husband / Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Nobody: 12:17pm On Nov 05, 2014
crackhaus:

Bullsh1t!
What about the smoothness and slight elasticity of the mortar pounded yam? Your yam pounder pales in comparison. grin

My people perish for lack of knowledge. No, I do not use a pounder, I use a food processor. And if you ever find yourself in sunny Scotland, I will prove how wrong you are to you grin

6 Likes

Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 05, 2014
Chillisauce:
Aisha2, I got an application for pdf voice reader.

It practically reads your pdf files for you while you relax, listen and maybe while polishing your nails, you get to acquires some knowledge too.

If you are interested, its called vbookz pdf reader smiley.

How does it help you, if you find it difficult to finish that 760pages of boring text, you could hire it out for someone to read it out for you cool

You too much. So interested in the okro slicer even though i prefer my okro grated. Like it thick with bush meat, local chicken, shaki and dry fish.
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by crackhaus: 12:20pm On Nov 05, 2014
Chillisauce:

i soak like 10mins. put in blender with enough water, you know the button for blending, buy you hold the button for like 2seconds, release, hold again release. You gauge with your eyes.

when it looks half crushed, put in running tap, the scales will float and wash off.
brb
And the result from this is better than just using your hands to scrub for less than 15mins after soaking?

You must be kidding grin
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 05, 2014
*following thread intently with pen and paper- unless there's some other gadget that can follow, summarise and dictate for me while I commit my time loading and unloading my dishwasher for entertainment* embarassed

1 Like

Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Nobody: 12:21pm On Nov 05, 2014
aisha2:

You too much. So interested in the okro slicer even though i prefer my okro grated. Like it thick with bush meat, local chicken, shaki and dry fish.

This slicer right there does it however you want it o.

1 Like

Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Nobody: 12:23pm On Nov 05, 2014
naijababe:

Thank you jare make i find road order.
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by jaybee3(m): 12:24pm On Nov 05, 2014
Funny Thread
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by crackhaus: 12:24pm On Nov 05, 2014
naijababe:

My people perish for lack of knowledge. No, I do not use a pounder, I use a food processor. And if you ever find yourself in sunny Scotland, I will prove how wrong you are to you grin
I say Bullsh1t!

Yam pounder or food processor, the result is closer to the feel of semolina than mortar-pounded yam... no elasticity! Is this not true? Admit it. grin
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Nobody: 12:25pm On Nov 05, 2014
Chillisauce:

Thank you, welcome on board. Its an interactive thread. Drop your suggestions too.

Its this place i learned how to wash beans for moi moi without the olden days method.
You will have to put in the blender, use the pulse function for about 10 secs , then rinse it off.
All the scales gone
It has helped ma alot esp when i want to make a fast one.

You owe me for this free information smiley

Will try this, havent made moi moi in a while because of all the procedure
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by damiso(f): 12:26pm On Nov 05, 2014
naijababe:

You and me both for short cut. I prefer a slow cooker to a pressure cooker. Slow cookers do a much better job and are much more versatile. I can cook whole chicken, meat joints and whatnot in them.

That okra thing eh! Sometimes when I am even feeling super lazy, I let my kids do it. The pulling is fun for them grin

Still just have the pressure pot but will be buying a slow cooker.I keep procrastonating that il buy it on our next excursion grin to Costco (like they sell it in costco only)

Yes them sef go chop too naw. my daughter can load washing machine now she can even rinse plates. my son (2) I don dey give am brush to sweep food he spills off the table.Na pesin born me too abeg cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by coogar: 12:26pm On Nov 05, 2014
crackhaus:

I say Bullsh1t!

Yam pounder or food processor, the result is closer to the feel of semolina than mortar-pounded yam... no elasticity! Is this not true? Admit it. grin

and what does the elasticity give the body? more nutrients? less calories? why should the elasticity matter?

1 Like

Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by FINA4804(f): 12:28pm On Nov 05, 2014
Good morning all, I am part of this, please from experience what product of pressure cooker's are best we can find in nigeria, I don't like buying electrical things online. Can I use one pressure pot for both beans and meet (say cow leg, tail etc). Whatvdevice can help me slice and cut my salad and fried rice things ling carrot and the others. Sipping tea while waiting for your Life saving reply....
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Nobody: 12:28pm On Nov 05, 2014
naijababe:

Cant open the slicer site they say website restrictions sad
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by damiso(f): 12:30pm On Nov 05, 2014
FINA4804:
Good morning all, I am part of this, please from experience what product of pressure cooker's are best we can find in nigeria, I don't like buying electrical things online. Can I use one pressure pot for both beans and meet (say cow leg, tail etc). Whatvdevice can help me slice and cut my salad and fried rice things ling carrot and the others. Sipping tea while waiting for your Life saving reply....

Yes you can use the same pressure pot for cow leg and tail wash it throughly and use for beans as well.But if you don't have one yet just buy a slow cooker.

As for vegetable slicers there are loads of gadgets for that..will be back with pictures.

1 Like

Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Nobody: 12:32pm On Nov 05, 2014
aisha2:

Cant open the slicer site they say website restrictions sad

Try Amazon here

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Chefn-102-239-011-Chef%C2%AEn-VeggiChop/dp/B004HFR2MS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1415187127&sr=8-1&keywords=veggie+chop

1 Like

Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Nobody: 12:34pm On Nov 05, 2014
FINA4804:

Slowcooker
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Morphy-Richards-Accents-48702-Cooker/dp/B00888X55S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1415187137&sr=8-1&keywords=slow+cooker

Or
Multicooker
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Morphy-Richards-48615-Intellichef-Multicooker/dp/B00DF0E6IO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1415187190&sr=8-1&keywords=Multicooker

I prefer the multicooker as it slow cooks,braises,fries,steams etc..
Deep frying too dey for those that make chips.So the oil isn't flying everywhere and causing you to dance like mosquito.
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Nobody: 12:35pm On Nov 05, 2014
damiso:

Still just have the pressure pot but will be buying a pressure pot.I keep procrastonating that il buy it on our next excursion grin to Costco (like they sell it in costco only)

Yes them sef go chop too naw. my daughter can load washing machine now she can even rinse plates. my son (2) I don dey give am brush to sweep food he spills off the table.Na pesin born me too abeg cheesy

Before nko? Make nobody kill me for my mama jo! I have a pressure pot but I have since stopped using it since I bought a slow cooker. If there's a Nlder in the UK who wants it, I will happily pass on sef!
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by crackhaus: 12:35pm On Nov 05, 2014
Chillisauce:
Aisha2, I got an application for pdf voice reader.

It practically reads your pdf files for you while you relax, listen and maybe while polishing your nails, you get to acquires some knowledge too.

If you are interested, its called vbookz pdf reader smiley.

How does it help you, if you find it difficult to finish that 760pages of boring text, you could hire it out for someone to read it out for you cool
How is it you don't know that the brain retains at least 30% more of what the eyes read than what the ears hear?

Please don't prepare for any exam or professional certification using audio recordings, you will fail! grin

1 Like

Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by babygirlfl: 12:38pm On Nov 05, 2014
Interesting thread. Picking up tips here.
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Nobody: 12:42pm On Nov 05, 2014
naijababe:

Try Amazon here
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Chefn-102-239-011-Chef%C2%AEn-VeggiChop/dp/B004HFR2MS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1415187127&sr=8-1&keywords=veggie+chop

kiss kiss kiss
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by crackhaus: 12:42pm On Nov 05, 2014
Chillisauce:
How to change your car tires if you have a flat.

1. Flash your teeth, roll your eyes and get some one to do it wink.

If no help available

2. Remove your heels, take your tire spanner, squat and do some exercise by turning it anti -clockwise.

If it refuses to move, look for a bigger hallow rod , attach to the spanner, it comes off easy without having to use a lot of strength. Infact with a hallow rod, you can change the tires of a truck very easy. So if you are looking at the career of a mechanic, dont be afraid, everything comes easier now smiley
As much as you make it look effortless in the latter part of your post, the majority of women will still revert to point number 1 just to avoid breaking a sweat, messing up their makeup, or damaging their nails. gringrin

1 Like

Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by blank(f): 12:44pm On Nov 05, 2014
naijababe:

Sorry to post off topic. Wanted to know how your Cx-7 was behaving? Have you had any major issue with it? A friend want's to buy but i don't know know anything about Mazdas.
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by damiso(f): 12:45pm On Nov 05, 2014
coogar:

you are right on the money! cool

You too like that thing joor grin cheesy grin

Na food tongue
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Nobody: 12:46pm On Nov 05, 2014
blank:

Sorry to post off topic. Wanted to know how your Cx-7 was behaving? Have you had any major issue with it? A friend want's to buy but i don't know know anything about Mazdas.

No major issues with it but we only use it when in Naija..........between hubby and I, I'd say it sees about 40-50 days use per year since we bought it.
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by coogar: 12:52pm On Nov 05, 2014
damiso:

Na food tongue

me ke?
i am only an apprentice....i have masters, jenny & phema. grin
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by crackhaus: 12:54pm On Nov 05, 2014
coogar:

and what does the elasticity give the body? more nutrients? less calories? why should the elasticity matter?
Ahhh Coogar, don't let your ancestors hear this. grin

1 Like

Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by FINA4804(f): 12:57pm On Nov 05, 2014
Whats the difference between pressure pot, slow cooker and multicooker
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Nobody: 12:59pm On Nov 05, 2014
coogar:

it's just the difference between well-cooked and poorly-cooked. Surely, you appreciate a well-cooked meal, Coog?
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Nobody: 1:00pm On Nov 05, 2014
aisha2:

Aishatu, omo daadaa. Why punish me thus?

1 Like

Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Nobody: 1:02pm On Nov 05, 2014
damiso:

Na food tongue
E maa so bee maa. Na food o.
Wait, I haven't seen any talk on this thread about a gadget that the hubby can insert his joystick into when his lazy wife doesn't want to have sex cos she's too tired from operating the dish washer or she's busy watching telemundo.

2 Likes

FINA4804:
Whats the difference between pressure pot, slow cooker and multicooker

Pressure pot - Cooks under high pressure and thus take less time than conventional cooking methods

Slow cooker - Cooks at very low temperatures so that food is gradually broken down to cook, takes much longer than conventional methods

Multicooker - Variable from medium to high temperature, can cook, braise and fry all manner of foods.

My preference is the slow cooker because the I can taste the difference

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

She Divorced Her Husband For Wasting Her Life Savings Of N4.5million / Rolling Dollar’s Children May Drop-out Of School Soon / How Do You Gain Complete Custody Of A Child Born Out Of Wedlock?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.