Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,202 members, 7,953,744 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:39 AM

Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. (24908 Views)

Do U Think Washing Machine Is For Lazy Wives? / A Lazy Husband / Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by bukatyne(f): 10:35am On Nov 06, 2014
jennyhumphrey:
Am a guru in peeeling beans with blender. Trust me it works wonders, within 10 minutes u re done peeling.

How long do you soak it?
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by jennyhumphrey(f): 11:05am On Nov 06, 2014
Five minutes is fine
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Stillfire: 11:47am On Nov 06, 2014
armyofone:
Tell us about the gadget that has made your life less stressful or idonbilivit that you are the most pampered lady of the century grin

Gadgets? Or human beings especially the same Naija men that say they can't stand my so called feminist views, Lol. grin grin grin Always seeking to be of 'help'. So yes I'm the most pampered. grin grin

naijababe:

Your are hereby christened Obiageli grin

Thank you, Father! *Makes sign of the cross* cool

4 Likes

Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Nobody: 8:31pm On Nov 06, 2014
nat138:
Making semo, maize meal, poundo yam, wheat flour, plantain flour etc in the microwave. Bye bye to soaking caked pots and waiting for them to soften in order to wash them. Food is served in 5 minutes max. cheesy

How do you achieve that? Care to share ?
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Nobody: 8:35pm On Nov 06, 2014
moca:
D day stuff for washing bitterleaf is developed,then, cooking will be as simple as abc.
I just hate washing bitterleaf from childhood.
And it doesnt taste original if steamed.

Put it in a cloth sieve, wrap it very well, then throw in a washing machine.
No soap please grin

You can try it, after all it's same principle of washing.

3 Likes

Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Nobody: 8:36pm On Nov 06, 2014
2CatWoman:

I overheard some aunties discussing this years ago (can't remember who) but what they said sort of made sense. I remember in the old days when we used to go to 'Baba grinder' we had to aerate the mixture using the 'orogun' stick before frying. Once we bought a blender the aerating process became redundant but I never asked why. It's just like cake baking where you whip everything up to make it light and fluffy.

You could try it before throwing out the remaining flour and I think you need to let the mixture stand for 30mins or so before you start with the whisking. If it works, just think of all those emergency akara snacks you could be having wink

Nice one.
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by damiso(f): 8:39pm On Nov 06, 2014
2CatWoman:

I overheard some aunties discussing this years ago (can't remember who) but what they said sort of made sense. I remember in the old days when we used to go to 'Baba grinder' we had to aerate the mixture using the 'orogun' stick before frying. Once we bought a blender the aerating process became redundant but I never asked why. It's just like cake baking where you whip everything up to make it light and fluffy.

You could try it before throwing out the remaining flour and I think you need to let the mixture stand for 30mins or so before you start with the whisking. If it works, just think of all those emergency akara snacks you could be having wink

Will try it Hun the flour has been chucked in the bin though but will buy another to 'experiment' e no dey pass like £2 to £3 anyway.
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Suzzytee05(f): 10:35pm On Nov 06, 2014
Interesting thread. I've learnt so many things here.
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Nobody: 8:40am On Nov 07, 2014
crackhaus:

How is it you don't know that the brain retains at least 30% more of what the eyes read than what the ears hear?

Please don't prepare for any exam or professional certification using audio recordings, you will fail! grin

No sir, you're wrong on this one!

How is it that you learn the lyrics of music so easily when you hear it played on the radio? I know for sure that you're wrong because audio recordings are even used to stimulate slow learners, and it is true that when you hear something repeatedly it sticks, not because you read it.

I think you just wrote that to refute what she said because you want to play.
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by rabimlomo: 5:49pm On Dec 07, 2014
More tips please smiley
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by vanitty: 6:23pm On Dec 07, 2014
Chillisauce:

Put it in a cloth sieve, wrap it very well, then throw in a washing machine.
No soap please grin

You can try it, after all it's same principle of washing.

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by blank(f): 12:24am On Dec 08, 2014
Ladies, how about this halogen oven thingy. Got it as an anniversary present and just chucked it to back of the store. Was cleaning out and saw it and I have tried to see how it will make my life easier but I can't really understand what it"s meant to do. Seems like it shld bake, steam, grill and do other stuff. How is the question. No directions.

Anyone can help?
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by zemaye: 1:06pm On Dec 08, 2014
Ladies where una go Naw!
I need more 'easy life' gadget abeg grin kiss kiss
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by zemaye: 1:11pm On Dec 08, 2014
blank:
Ladies, how about this halogenyon thingy. Got it as an anniversary present and just chucked it to back of the store. Was cleaning out and saw it and I have tried to see how it will make my life easier but I can't really understand what it"s meant to do. Seems like it shld bake, steam, grill and do other stuff. How is the question. No directions.

Anyone can help?
Yes it does all things you mentioned up there just open and put your meat for example on the sieves stuff close the lid and adjust the button to the level of heat you need. If you need step by step guide wiki how will help
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Nobody: 2:39pm On Dec 08, 2014
has anyone in the house used blender to blend beans for akara or moi moi.
how did u acheive it?
I like akara and moi moi, bt can imagine taking them to mkt to blend.
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by blank(f): 2:44pm On Dec 08, 2014
zemaye:

Yes it does all things you mentioned up there just open and put your meat for example on the sieves stuff close the lid and adjust the button to the level of heat you need. If you need step by step guide wiki how will help

Really? Even if i want to bake? Can it cook rice like jollof rice?

Will try it this weekend.

Thanks zemaye. Will find time to google how it works. Maybe there will be youtube videos.
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Nobody: 1:59am On Dec 09, 2014
http://www.dooneyskitchen.com/2014/07/10/amala-mixer/
For the yoruba ladies who love their amala smiley
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by interleukin(f): 8:31am On Dec 09, 2014
I'm so loving this thread en!!! grin

I'm the laziest woman I know. Especially when it comes to cooking. Before I got my refrigerator, my soup and stew i. e when i manage to cook get spoilt cos I'm too lazy to heat them up when I get back from work.
Sometimes I wonder how I'd cope when i get married undecided
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by babygirlfl: 2:59am On May 09, 2015
Ladies more tips please.

Does anybody know where I can buy a pressure canner in the UK?
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Nobody: 2:14pm On May 09, 2015
babygirlfl:
Ladies more tips please.

Does anybody know where I can buy a pressure canner in the UK?

We are now very hardworking women tongue
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by babygirlfl: 2:16pm On May 09, 2015
Chillisauce:

We are now very hardworking women tongue

Please not now that I have gone from lazy to super lazy grin
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Nobody: 2:23pm On May 09, 2015
babygirlfl:

Please not now that I have gone from lazy to super lazy grin

You need pressure pot like yesterday.
I use it for almost Everything .
I think you can get it from amazon online.
or your nearest giant supermarché.
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by babygirlfl: 3:08pm On May 09, 2015
Chillisauce:

You need pressure pot like yesterday.
I use it for almost Everything .
I think you can get it from amazon online.
or your nearest giant supermarché.

Thanks. The one am looking for is the one for canning things and keeping it for a long time just like the all American pressure canner in the US.
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Nobody: 10:12am On May 10, 2015
babygirlfl:

Thanks. The one am looking for is the one for canning things and keeping it for a long time just like the all American pressure canner in the US.

sorry, no idea. Your laziness pass my own grin
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by babygirlfl: 10:59am On May 10, 2015
Chillisauce:

sorry, no idea. Your laziness pass my own grin

lol
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by SAMBARRY: 11:03am On May 10, 2015
Team happily lazy and loving it tongue grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by cococandy(f): 2:30pm On May 10, 2015
SAMBARRY:
Team happily lazy and loving it tongue grin
is that you? I no know Wetin to believe again.

1 Like

Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by cococandy(f): 2:31pm On May 10, 2015
babygirlfl:

google is there to make your life easier
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Nobody: 1:13pm On Mar 13, 2016
Pls don't let this thread die, lazy NL women, abeg any new tips? Am so lazy now, I need easier methods to live life hassle free.

3 Likes

Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Nobody: 8:14am On Apr 28, 2016
New ways I developed for easy life.
1: Buy veggies, washed them and cut ur desired size then wash with salt. You can steam for few mins with no water ( drain) or u fry with small oil, allow to cool, put inside Ziploc bag or inside storage plate if u fried.

2: for moi moi and Akara lovers, pick number of cup of beans you want to store, wash and peel then allow to drain water and put inside Ziploc bag and store in the freezer.

Pls note that if u don't have constant power or use of generator pls do little so that it won't get bad.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by bukatyne(f): 3:32pm On May 09, 2016
Mrs0J:
News ways I developed for easy life.
1: Buy veggies, washed them and cut ur desired size then wash with salt. You can steam for few mins with no water ( drain) or u fry with small oil, allow to cool, put inside Ziploc bag or inside storage plate if u fried.

2: for moi moi and Akara lovers, pick number of cup of beans you want to store, wash and peel then allow to drain water and put inside Ziploc bag and store in the freezer.

Pls note that if u don't have constant power or use of generator pls do little so that it won't get bad.

Thank you kiss
Re: Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. by Nobody: 4:56pm On May 09, 2016
bukatyne:

Thank you kiss

You are welcome.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Woman Dumps Day-Old Baby By Roadside In Lagos (Pictured) / Catching The Bouquet At A Wedding- Myth Or Fact? / Zambian Woman Divorces Her Illiterate Husband After He Sponsored Her Education

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.