Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality (21880 Views)

Woman Pregnant For Judge Who Dissolve Her Marriage After 3 Months (pic) / 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta / Wife Shocking Confession That Ended Her Marriage Of 5years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 3:33pm On Nov 06, 2014
crackhaus:

90% of men expose their body? Lmao cheesy
In magazines/media or in real life? Please get real with me yo!

Okay let's assume every single man on earth exposes or has exposed his body to attract women, do you see/hear us complaining about being objectified?

If anything, a lot of men want to be only sex objects to women without the added strings (love, pampering, etc) attached to it. cheesycheesy

You need to understand something, men and women have never and will never think the same way - carefreewannabe needs to understand this too. grin

Fact- 95% of male celebrity have exposed his body without putting on shirt.

That can't be said of women.

Yes! Men and women think the same way just that women are more civilised and don't exploit their own.

2 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by pickabeau1: 3:35pm On Nov 06, 2014
VickyyB:

sad

Why d sad smiley

I'm enjoying the debate as long as it's devoid of insults
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 3:36pm On Nov 06, 2014
lilmax:
why are the claimed feminists having high BP

The same way misogynists were having a high BP when Emma Watson and Adichie spoke about feminism. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 3:37pm On Nov 06, 2014
pickabeau1:

Why d sad smiley

I'm enjoying the debate as long as it's devoid of insults

I'm tired of explaining. grin
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by pickabeau1: 3:40pm On Nov 06, 2014
VickyyB:

I'm tired of explaining. grin

Sorry If I missed your explanation as I did not see any

You said you'd like to change guys mindset and I said how
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 3:42pm On Nov 06, 2014
VickyyB:

1. Men gloriously brag about sugar mummy.

If a topic is created about men and their sugar mummies, you'll see all guys shouting bad guy.

2. If it's about women and their sugar daddies, comment like biitch, whöre etc would be everywhere.
Madam, your arguments have broken every logical path but I'll bite.

Per a previous post, a man who sleeps with women for money is called a gigolo(google it).

1. If men brag about bedding a woman for money it's because bedding a woman even if you were going to pay her is quite the challenge for most men. Having a woman pay a guy for sex means there might be something special about him. What's the proportion of sugar mummies to sugar daddies? smiley

2. A biitch is a biitch, a whorre is a whorre. What exactly is your point here? That whorres and biitches should not be identified for who/what they are?
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 06, 2014
Misogynist2014:
Even those that MATTER(emphasis added) don't believe in gender equality. cheesy Most of nairaland 'feminists' can't even afford 3 balanced meals a day.
They have forgotten that child marriage and polygamy are legal,

men have little to loose after divorce since there are millions of girls waiting for their own chance (We all know what happened to influencial women like Akindele and Ini Edo),

that we are a religious country,

that no one cares about you being a single mom,not to talk of supporting you,

that men value you according to your value, you can't place the same worth on Linda Ikeji and sophyrocks, never!

That Nigeria is poverty striken and women being lazy have to rely on manliness,

that no one will divide property into two here.

That no one will arrest or charge a man for mildly beating his wife.

That sharia law is still active.

My thoughts are that feminism and its effects are too overhyped and exagerrated on NL and most people need to discuss the topic to enjoy NL. Except for Adichie, I haven't heard of any star in Nigeria claiming feminist.

They talk of women empowerment yet apart from being in kitchen, which I consider as minus to a guy and to me makes us dependent on women, I can't remember any special treatment or advantage I've ever recieved as a man, except for my God-given testosterone. Good ridance! smiley

Please please please, do not make unnecessary mentions of me here!! I dnt know why u keep menntionng me in your comments. Do you have a crush on me or what? what is your problem? what is my business with you or linda ikeji? make your points without throwing unneccessary jabs at people here to boost your ego!! i dnt know what business tyou have with me or why are you are so concerned about me iin every thread.
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by crackhaus: 3:46pm On Nov 06, 2014
VickyyB:

Fact- 95% of male celebrity have exposed his body without putting on shirt.

That can't be said of women.

Yes! Men and women think the same way just that women are more civilised and don't exploit their own.
Be it in the media or in real life, women are more about dressing half-na.ked and seductively to attract men.
Turn on your TV or take a walk down the streets.

When you have a valid point to make, please quote me - I'm outta here for now.

2 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by lilmax(m): 3:46pm On Nov 06, 2014
VickyyB:

The same way misogynists were having a high BP when Emma Watson and Adichie spoke about feminism. undecided
so you agree you have high BP grin

1 Like

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by lightoftruth: 3:48pm On Nov 06, 2014
Stillfire:

Please don't marry. It is also important you don't breed as well so as not to continue the cycle of unleashing bratty entitled boys into the society to frustrate the life of my unsuspecting daughters all because of marriage.

Marriage is not an option but breeding is a sure thing . Out of thousands of shallow minded girls like you out there I will pick one, get her pregnant she will bring out several little me, that will in future pick any of your unsuspected daughter and get her pregnant thereby creating more me....kill yourself if it pains you... You and I know it's a reality.

2 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Talon05: 3:54pm On Nov 06, 2014
crackhaus:

My bro, you would think she is the only one here with such misconceptions and wrong perceptions - but she's not, they're many.
Even the older and married ladies here that should be speaking the truth about how they have submitted to their husbands still come on here to mislead - it's pathetic really.

Then we have the unmarried but at least matured ones, they will do everything possible to remain attractive to men - yet when they come on here, it's to yap about feminism and how men should not be the head of anything.

Fake-azz people on every corner of this site.
Brotha, looool yh lotta fake ass bimbozzz, they all claim to have a perfect life and a beautiful marriage but I know better, no one reason the way these people do and have a beautiful marriage, its all in their head, they only imagine it but cant achieve it.

Pride goes before a fall, they are too vain to accept reality and it peeved me when the innocent lass on here dont learn before leaping to their side, its really disheartening. Many of these online feminist wannabees are inspired by a craving for instant NL notoriety, in their quest to be popular on nl, they turn commonsense and logic upside down. It is well.

Brotha, does "real" even remotely exist on NL? NO?

5 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 3:55pm On Nov 06, 2014
freshdude2:

Madam, your arguments have broken every logical path but I'll bite.

Per a previous post, a man who sleeps with women for money is called a gigolo(google it).

1. If men brag about bedding a woman for money it's because bedding a woman even if you were going to pay her is quite the challenge for most men. Having a woman pay a guy for sex means there might be something special about him. What's the proportion of sugar mummies to sugar daddies? smiley

2. A biitch is a biitch, a whorre is a whorre. What exactly is your point here? That whorres and biitches should not be identified for who/what they are?

Lmao!

1) If there's something special that the sugar mummy saw in the guy, there's nothing special the sugar daddy saw in the girl?

2) My point? What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Mintayo(m): 3:56pm On Nov 06, 2014
crackhaus:

Your modernity has suddenly be thrown out the window right? cheesy
Were you not among those on that dress-sense thread lambasting the OP telling him to mind his business and not worry about the lady who was almost exposing her butt-crack and camel toe? grin

What is it to you if she engages in runs and sexcapades, or if men fantasize about her? Modern women mind their business oo.

Besides, it's like you have helped her arrange one of her 'runs' before, this one you're so sure. grin
Me likey this,Lol.
If Omotola had suported the equality thingy,i bet they would have something good to say about her.
Confused set of females!

5 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by iebanehita(m): 3:57pm On Nov 06, 2014
Sophyrocks:

Why feign ignorance whenever a questn as regards cheating in women is asked? Is it that discussing about it gives u high bp or what? Hahahahaha. Gullible lots!

There's no point feigning ignorance.
Omo T never sided with your lost cause, you decided to go bitter on her.

Like I said, you delight in pulling down your feminine folks who do not champion your delusional beliefs.

M taking a wild guess that you see adichie, funke akindele, Ini Edo as models in then society too? grin

Pathetic! tongue

5 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 06, 2014
crackhaus:

Be it in the media or in real life, women are more about dressing half-na.ked and seductively to attract men.
Turn on your TV or take a walk down the streets.

When you have a valid point to make, please quote me - I'm outta here for now.

Inyanya, Psquare, Flavour and all the male celebrity ain't fluanting their abs to seduce women bah?

Bye. smiley

1 Like

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 4:01pm On Nov 06, 2014
VickyyB:

Lmao!

1) If there's something special that the sugar mummy saw in the guy, there's nothing special the sugar daddy saw in the girl?

2) My point? What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. undecided
1. Look at it this way, what's the proportion of guys who get asked out to girls who girls ask out. Therein lies the answer to your question.

2. Fortunately, nature would disagree.
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 4:02pm On Nov 06, 2014
iebanehita:

There's no point feigning ignorance.
Omo T never sided with your lost cause, you decided to go bitter on her.

Like I said, you delight in pulling down your feminine folks who do not champion your delusional beliefs.

M taking a wild guess that you see adichie, funke akindele, Ini Edo as models in then society too? grin

Pathetic! tongue

Delusional what? your kind are even more delusional to think Omotola is a saint and a role model. is that a wild guess or mere fantasy? keep guessing. Abeg, if you dnt have anything to say quit quotng me jare. Omotola's escapades have been revealed so you dnt know what to say again. Omose xy role model indeed!! buhahahahahahahaha.
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by lightoftruth: 4:06pm On Nov 06, 2014
VickyyB:

Probably, 95% of the present day girls don't give a fùck about marriage.

Clearly they don't, and it baffles me . What kind of future awaits our generations to come.
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Misogynist2014(m): 4:07pm On Nov 06, 2014
VickyyB:

What's your point?

Funke Akindele and Ini Edo can't afford three square meal a day?

Women got nothing to loose either. You're making it seem so.
Why are you putting words in my mouth? Where in my post did I say that Ini Edo can't feed herself? Do you want to know why a woman has a lot to loose?
1. The gap btw the achievements of men and women is gigantic, women take low paying jobs and become sex workers to make money. The ever reducing number of virgings is not due to the fact that women have become wayward but the fact that you lazy chaps have to present 'it' to get money. cool
2) There are a lot of women chasing few men.
3) Like the Ini Edos and Akindeles, the fault of break ups is the fault of women.
4) How many men will go for a second hand woman?
5) Since women go for low paying jobs, the effects of divorce tells on them since most depend on their ATM, their ATM which is no more(with another babe).
6) Children don't usually fear their moms, so become a burden to her while the man is enjoying life with his babes. cheesy

Add these to the ones I've given. tongue
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Misogynist2014(m): 4:11pm On Nov 06, 2014
VickyyB:

Inyanya, Psquare, Flavour and all the male celebrity ain't fluanting their abs to seduce women bah?

Bye. smiley
That's absurd! They want to fork them ni now cheesy Seduce ko deduce ni.
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by iebanehita(m): 4:11pm On Nov 06, 2014
Sophyrocks:

Delusional what? your kind are even more delusional to think Omotola is a saint and a role model. is that a wild guess or mere fantasy? keep guessing. Abeg, if you dnt have anything to say quit quotng me jare. Omotola's escapades have been revealed so you dnt know what to say again. Omose xy role model indeed!! buhahahahahahahaha.

Don't worry, I understand your bitterness and vituperations.

Good riddance!

4 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 4:13pm On Nov 06, 2014
That's her opinion, just like everyone else she is entitled to her own. So must the world come to an end because Omotola is not in support of gender equality? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 4:16pm On Nov 06, 2014
iebanehita:

Don't worry, I understand your bitterness and vituperations.

Good riddance!

Buhahahahahaha. For you lot to continually nag about things that dnt affect you beats me. Abeg bye bye. end of discussion. hehehehheheehe. I dnt think some men can recognize a wife material when they see one. Omose xy just dey deceive una. SMH.
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 4:17pm On Nov 06, 2014
Mondisweets:
That's her opinion, just like everyone else she is entitled to her own. So must the world come to an end because Omotola is not in support of gender equality? undecided

Omotola should be deprived of her right to vote for sharing this crap.
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Stillfire: 4:17pm On Nov 06, 2014
5minsmadness:

Sigh.

You are extrapolating. [b]Inferior is a far more unacceptable word than less[/b]. But anyway, show me where she said a woman is less than a man in terms of less being inferior.

Again only unintelligent women will nitpick every spoken word to see if an offence has been committed. Bitter people. Always so bitter and old and single cheesy ,

Don't tell me you are using emotions to argue. This is logic. When you infer an inequality, there is an imbalance that places one at an esteemed edge over the other. If you cannot understand that, go dust your primary 1 exercise books.
So less is a better adjective to inferior? Buhahaha. You really must think you are talking to your ten ten girls and boys.

5 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Talon05: 4:22pm On Nov 06, 2014
Sophyrocks:

ffs please highlight anywhere in this thread where someone referred to Omotola as a saint, i have gone back and forth rummaging through every page trying to look but got nothing so please do me a favour and highlight where she was referred to as a saint by any NLer.

Sophy, who is a saint?, are you a saint?, oh you are all good with no patches of bad?, amazing. Omosexy is an actress, to carve a niche for herself, she does whatever she needs to do and thats why she's successful, she is an entertainer so please dont lump her tv personality together with her real and true self. We are talking about her home here and not some scandal only you seem to know about and i can bet a tenner Omosexy has more grace in her little finger than you have in your entire bodies, you are just hating.

Learn from her and maybe you'd also successfully build your career and a beautiful home. Come to think of it, she's been married for close to twenty years and your adichie's been married for just a few years, who do you think should know better?. Choose wisely Miss/Mrs.

Sophyrocks, nice meeting you grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by iebanehita(m): 4:23pm On Nov 06, 2014
Sophyrocks:

Buhahahahahaha. For you lot to continually nag about things that dnt affect you beats me. Abeg bye bye. end of discussion. hehehehheheehe. I dnt think some men can recognize a wife material when they see one. Omose xy just dey deceive una. SMH.

Okay.

Omo T is deceiving us. She has had numerous sexcapades in the past and trying to conceal it under the guise of being submissive to her husband and recognising he is the head

The lady I just quoted is a virtuous woman. she would make a good wife material.

Satisfied

Olodo rabata ni e grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Stillfire: 4:24pm On Nov 06, 2014
lightoftruth:

Marriage is not an option but breeding is a sure thing . Out of thousands of shallow minded girls like you out there I will pick one, get her pregnant she will bring out several little me, that will in future pick any of your unsuspected daughter and get her pregnant thereby creating more me....kill yourself if it pains you... You and I know it's a reality.

Buhaha you still want to breed with something as shallow as myself? What does that say of you? So the itch in your groin must be scratched whether you hate women or not. grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 4:26pm On Nov 06, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Omotola should be deprived of her right to vote for sharing this crap.
well im not really bothered by it because I find it quite redundant that a person who does not believe in gender equality would still promote the equal treatment of all human beings before the law cheesy

“It scares and totally shocks me that the Senate in Nigeria (the most populous Black Nation in the world and Giant of Africa) would not be passing in a law ensuring that every child should compulsorily be enrolled in school.

“A very alarming number of children today are on the streets hawking or have been abused, raped or are married to men/women who should be protecting them. Who protects the children of Nigeria? Would we wait for another Milala before we act?

“Should we now remove the parental caution on movies that says “Not for persons below 18″. This is a call for justice and equity for children, especially the Nigerian girl child, who has the right to quality education, a childhood and the decision of whom and when to marry.

“My Name is Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde and I say No to phedophilia and No to the Senate Bill endorsing child marriage in Nigeria.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/omotola-jalade-ekeinde-on-child-marriage/

how can you call for "justice and equity" when you don't believe in gender equality then? How can one promote justice and still claim that she doesn't believe in equality of all genders. Is justice not treating everyone equally before the law? you can never understand some people carefreewannabe grin

but the again this is Africa, equality means a whole new different thing. Gender Equality= women oppressing men. grin

2 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 4:34pm On Nov 06, 2014
Mondisweets:
well im not really bothered by it because I find it quite redundant that a person who does not believe in gender equality would still promote the equal treatment of all human beings before the law cheesy

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/omotola-jalade-ekeinde-on-child-marriage/

how can you call for "justice and equity" when you don't believe in gender equality then? How can one promote justice and still claim that she doesn't believe in equality of all genders. is justice not treating everyone equally before the law? you can never understand some people carefreewannabe grin

Justice and equity everywhere but not in their own homes. grin
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 4:35pm On Nov 06, 2014
Talon05:

ffs please highlight anywhere in this thread where someone referred to Omotola as a saint, i have gone back and forth rummaging through every page trying to look but got nothing so please do me a favour and highlight where she was referred to as a saint by any NLer.

Sophy, who is a saint?, are you a saint?, oh you are all good with no patches of bad?, amazing. Omosexy is an actress, to carve a niche for herself, she does whatever she needs to do and thats why she's successful, she is an entertainer so please dont lump her tv personality together with her real and true self. We are talking about her home here and not some scandal only you seem to know about and i can bet a tenner Omosexy has more grace in her little finger than you have in your entire bodies, you are just hating.

Learn from her and maybe you'd also successfully build your career and a beautiful home. Come to think of it, she's been married for close to twenty years and your adichie's been married for just a few years, who do you think should know better?. Choose wisely Miss/Mrs.

Sophyrocks, nice meeting you grin

The frst few comments in the first page have described her to be so. And the comments were made out of ignorance/no knowledge of whom omotola really is. I dnt have time to go back and forth with anybody becos its pointless. Her marriage has lasted this long because her husband is veeeery understanding and doesnt envy her success. Can you say the same of most men today? I do not envy her success at all. what is there to envy? i admire women who are successful and independent. I only made my comments to let others know that Omotola's husband has some baggage to endure from her. its more of tolerance from her husband than from her thats keeping the marriage going. A typical nigerian man with huge ego would remain married to an actress by the grace of God, with a lot of maturity and understanding. we all know the kind of lives these actresses, even married actresses live so lets stop pretending not to.

And please, no time for back and forth with you.
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 4:36pm On Nov 06, 2014
iebanehita:

Okay.

Omo T is deceiving us. She has had numerous sexcapades in the past and trying to conceal it under the guise of being submissive to her husband and recognising he is the head

The lady I just quoted is a virtuous woman. she would make a good wife material.

Satisfied

Olodo rabata ni e grin grin grin

Numerous escapades in the past ke? In the past? Hahahahaha. I give up!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How Much Of Your Children Do You Know? / Our Boy's First Day At School (pics) / Four Generations, One Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.