Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? (50155 Views)

Buhari Inside His Presidential Jet (PHOTO) / Obasanjo Uncovers Plot To Hand Over To Military Should Jonathan Lose / Niger Delta Militants Threaten War Should Jonathan Lose Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by dguyindcorner(m): 4:44pm On Nov 11, 2014
Firefire:
The WORLD must continue to rotate, irrespective of the ISIS war and Syria conflict.

So you want Jona to land us into the state of Syria. God will not allow you.

1 Like

Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by Popemax(m): 4:44pm On Nov 11, 2014
The man iss really trying his best.....Terrorist is not something that will stop over night...plz let's give him some time....dnt jdge people so fast......for me I can't vote for GMB......

2 Likes

Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by Franzeez(m): 4:44pm On Nov 11, 2014
firstEVA:
This is the height of insensitivity on the part of of president - Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan, just a day after almost 50 children lost their lives due to an attack by Boko haram, our dear president is declaring for a second term. Shouldn't he have postponed this campaign to at least commiserate with the families of those who lost their lives?

I am ashmed of you, your family and your generation, GEJ has planned his declaration long before now, so because of the Northerners and the APC who find joy in killing their children and their generation the country should be held to ransom Haba!!! You sound uneducated, can't u see that this was a calculated plan to throw Mr President off balance Can't you see that the opposition in their quest to grab power are trying all possible means to discredit GEJ.... The fact is clear, those who are with you are so many more than those who are against Mr President... So little girl, I mean op wake up, stop being a fool, we can not go back, the future is bright, you cannot snatch power by propagander, you cannot!!!

6 Likes

Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by davies123: 4:45pm On Nov 11, 2014
chimerase2:
Is now dat I knw de plans of the northerners against mr.president
Each time the president want to do sometin big they will start bombing and killing their selves
All in the name of weakling the morale of GEJ
Mr or miss op I understand ur point
But mr president can't continue postponing this fins all becos of the Abokkis diabolical act.
Am using this medium to sympathise with the beraved family
One tin for show God will surely expose the enemies of nigeria
Well done!
Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by jamace(m): 4:46pm On Nov 11, 2014
That was a political bomb blast. We are very familiar with the intentions of such blasts hence we press the ignore button. GEJ is too intelligent to succumb to such political grand plan.

5 Likes

Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by chrysla: 4:46pm On Nov 11, 2014
dey actually bombd d school yesterday intentionaly just to demoralise n humiliate him but dey have failed oooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!we however comisurate wit d family of d berieved n may d souls of d dead students rest in peace.we wish quick recovary to d injured.we however wish bh thunder fire n brimstone,may d wrath of God visit dem heavilyyyy.amen!

3 Likes

Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by firstolalekan(m): 4:46pm On Nov 11, 2014
sneezeemek:
But is very sensitive for Rochas to declara some hours after d bombing....nd I guess we all heard his speach? "he indeed promised to bring trailer loads of money" that formed d speech of a presidential aspirant, am anxiously waiting to see any Of them come up with executive blueprint, tell us what u want to do for us if voted in, only God know how long I will wait, all they do is to the media nd insult d office of d presidency,they can't make a full page statement without swearing nd insulting the no1 citizen d very seat that supposed to be. respected by all, seriously that's not how to be an opposition, in a demoratic dispensation! Opposition is very good but a valid opposition.am opposition that can positively challenge d ruling party! Put pdp nd apc aside I will go for pdp not bcus they re super good but bcus apc is not any better, nd d devil I knw is better than the angel I don't know
mumu
is rochas the president?
Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Nov 11, 2014
As Nigerians (mostly because we are ignobly religious) we often hold out our Passionate Sentiments ahead of Reason and Fact. Since the past 6 years there have been running series of calamities (Social, Economic, Religious etc) bestriding Nigeria like an Drunk Arab prince on his aging concubine.. ok. that was a nasty picture. The Fact of the matter is who else has not declared his/her Political Ambition during this Dark Periods in the Country, some well-placed MOG even celebrated their birthdays and Church Anniversary at a time when bombs were going off and brethren were being slaughtered like in their hundreds up north.. but you do not see anyone note this in all the merriment.

So what is my point.. to use the much bastardized recently popular phrase we have now come to like.. What gives you the "Moral Right" to question Mr. President on his decision to make his Declaration in spite of the lives lost.. should he wait until BH decides to go on a mid-term break? What Nigerians don't or cannot phantom is that Malaria has killed more children in Nigeria in less time than BH have in the past 7 years. It does not matter anyway, if GEJ abated to commiserate with the families of the dead, his opponents will say he is currying cheap publicity and trying to bribe the sensitivities of the people. Trust bro Jonah, every visit is an opportunity to spread the largesse grin

3 Likes

Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by 30pence: 4:48pm On Nov 11, 2014
firstEVA:
This is the height of insensitivity on the part of of president - Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan, just a day after almost 50 children lost their lives due to an attack by Boko haram, our dear president is declaring for a second term. Shouldn't he have postponed this campaign to at least commiserate with the families of those who lost their lives?

We all know the whole explosions were to deter his declaration.
If there was'nt an explosion during his planned declaration, some of us will still say BH is a PDP controlled device. And would have made it public here on nairaland.

Our problem in this country is not putting ourselves in the picture before making comments.
We tend to live much in pretence than d reality.

Will you use because of of d death of a lovely cousine and abandon an induction to an LNG job u've scaled thru the interview, knowing quite well dat nt bn part of the induction will get u disqualified?

Or coz of ur child's death, cancel going to sign a federal contract u just won if itz time based?

Do nt allow ur hatred for this guy to clog ur common sense of reasoning.
Thank you!

5 Likes

Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by eleko1: 4:49pm On Nov 11, 2014
Wetin cosign jona?Persin wey nor give a damn.Make Feb click sharp sharp

1 Like

Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by OtunbaOlufemi(m): 4:49pm On Nov 11, 2014
Dear President Jonathan,
I have watched you in the last one year jump from pillar to post under the pretext of governance; clinging to the inconsequential and deliberately ignoring that which the times demand of governance in today’s Nigeria. From the moment you were sworn in as an elected president, it’s been a galore of gaffes and conscious distraction of Nigerians from the things that actually do matter to them.

Within weeks of your presidency, your first executive move was to amend the constitution so as to allow for president and governors to serve just one term of six years in office. Not sooner than the dust raised by that move settled, you declared an economic war on the Nigerian people with an imposition of fuel tax, called fuel subsidy removal, which was just a way designed for you to avoid confronting your friends and officials who defrauded the country you preside over.

Mr President, you may recall that October 2 years ago, during a church service to commemorate Nigeria’s Independence Day, you lamented that we condemn you at home while Obama commends you abroad. Even then, we argued that Obama’s commendation of you – whatever it was meant to achieve – was ill-timed and ill-informed. We reasoned that we were the ones who elected you our president and so were best qualified to assess your performance in office. Today, the table has turned. Does Obama still commend you? Just in case you haven’t heard, the United States government has seen you for whom you are – a president who presides over a criminal empire without making any meaningful efforts to curtail corruption. Before you dismiss my message as another baseless rant from a disgruntled opposition member, well, you are wrong sir as I voted for you in that election without compromising.

I will go straight again to your last year's Democracy Day speech. As expected, it could not boast of any visible achievement other than economic indices and statistics that were quite divorced from the stark realities on ground. You showed an amazing excitement when you announced your administration’s empowerment of 1200 youths who benefitted from your Youth Enterprise with Innovative Programme, YouWin. I was surprised that such was considered an achievement by you Sir let alone being included in your anniversary speech. Mr President, may I humbly inform you that 70 per cent of the Nigerian population is comprised of people who are thirty five years and below? Each year, Sir, the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) churns out at least 100 thousand young Nigerians who throng into the labour market in search of nonexistent jobs. This is in spite of the fact that a larger percentage of those who passed out before them may not have gotten jobs. So why should we be excited about 1200 people in a population of 170 million? Is it a deliberate celebration of mediocrity or just an attempt to appear serious with the job we elected you to do?

In reference to electricity supply, you said, “By mid-2010, the national power output was about 2, 800 MW. By the end of 2011, we reached a peak of more than 4, 000 MW. A National Gas Emergency Plan has also been launched to redress the problem of gas supply which are essentially due to poor planning.”

Curiously, you didn’t tell us where we were by end of May, or mid-May this year, the period you were reeling out the your achievements. So I ask now, Mr President, where are we on power generation? How many megawatts have we achieved between 2011 and mid-May, 2014?

Where we are on electricity generation, Mr President, is on the region of total darkness. The wattage is negligible. Nauseating sound of generators still buzz in my neighbourhood daily, and darkness is the light in the villages where poverty even bites harder. That must be why you jumped it.

The efforts you put in advertising your cassava bread, if not tragic, would have been funny. You cannot re-write history Sir, Cassava bread is not novel. Your constant efforts to lay claim to it as your achievement in office is worrisome. For the records, on 1st July, 2005, Obasanjo’s government made it mandatory for bakers to include 10% of cassava flour in the production of bread. I followed that administration closely. Yet even at that ,you cannot force people to eat what they do not want. Telling us you eat it makes no difference in our lives. Our billions are stolen by the day, anyway; and you watch without taking any punitive action against the criminals.

Your penchant for majoring in minor, if not entirely irrelevant issues, should worry every sound mind. Your change Unilag to MKO Abiola University just by a presidential fiat betrayed your love for vanity; your lack of appreciation for substance. And as expected, it stirred up eruptions in the school. Yet rather than quickly reconsider your stand, you declared to many who think you made another gaffe; “no going back”. I know political expediency informed that decision. But unfortunately, that was politically incorrect. It has boomeranged, and will not shield you from the harsh verdict of your critics, which is that your years in office as president was a total failure.

It was a shock to me that you ended your speech without making any mention of the fuel subsidy scam – the biggest in Nigeria’s history. You said nothing about your plans to prosecute the offenders. In case you don’t know, Mr President, the amount involved in that fraud is N2.6trillion, more than half of our annual budget. If that is not weighty enough to cause you to act, I wonder what will. Should I mention the abducted girls? Should I mention the porous security? I don't need to bother sir.

You could see, Mr President, that I didn’t have time to pretend about the message I wanted to pass across. You already have enough praise singers to last you a lifetime. Pardon my directness, it was meant to deliver the message in a manner you will be stirred to act.

Do have a great day, Sir. I hope the domestic staff will remember to not prepare imported rice for this your occasion. Kindly remind them of your “resolve to always eat local rice”. Today should be for Abakaliki or Ofada.,But sincerely sir, Nigerian are not impress with you, if your so call Advisers can not tell you the truth that Nigerians are tired of your Government, we concern reasonable Citizen of Nigerian will surely VOTE YOU OUT IN 2015. Just know that your declaration today is totally unacceptable by Nigerian and your days in office are numbered.
And lest I forget; happy declaration Mr President!

Sign By-
Comrade Otunba Akintola Cymbal.

SHARE TILL IT GET TO HIM...............

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by Anny45: 4:49pm On Nov 11, 2014
When Buhari declared,there was no bomb blast,Kwankwasor declared,no bomb blast. Goodluck may not be perfect but we should cut this man some slack. Everyone is condemning and insulting him. They say Goodluck has failed Nigerians and should resign. Borno governor whose state over 200 Chibok girls were kidnapped and where series of killings have taken place picked a nomination form to contest again. APC hasn't told him to resign. Yobe Governor claimed he has shut down schools cos of boko haram killings,how come a school in the state was attacked yesterday? He even had the effontery to tell Federal govt to explain how they are protecting lives? The truth is,politicians are shameless,heartless and extremely wicked. Why can't they shun party politics and come to together to protect lives? We should leave Goodluck alone. I wonder how he hasn't developed heart attack with all the insults and name calling. If the northern governors whose region all these killings are taking place can't come together to proffer solution then,God will be the judge! Until there is a better candidate to take over which I havn't seen from the so-called APC,Goodluck pls continue. Okorocha has just told us they have no agenda. When people talk too much,they end up making themselves look foolish. Imagine a presidential aspirant telling us he will bring a trailer load of money to show he is wealthy. I don't blame them,I blame us the youth. If we can't learn to fight for our rights and those of generations coming,then we should enjoy the suffering cos our so-called leaders are taking us back to the era of slave trade.It is unfortunate that innocent lives are lost unnecessarily but I know one thing,the wicked shall not go unpunished.

7 Likes

Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by atlwireles: 4:49pm On Nov 11, 2014
duni04:

So those school children that died in yobe yesterday were Shekau supporters? All the people that have died in Mubi and Damboa, Gombe and Maiduguri were Shekau supporters?

Please give us a list of the people that died in all 36 states in the last 30 days. Jonathan will send each of them flowers. Nigeria did not start and end in the Northeast.

3 Likes

Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Nov 11, 2014
Jonathan was an expensive mistake n obasanjo 2 geda wit his PDP cohorts wld be hanged 4 it...
Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by Iykopee(m): 4:50pm On Nov 11, 2014
duni04:

You guys will always find something stupîd to say, even when someone is trying to knock some sense into you. I tire o!

Was ihejirika recording some progress or not? Keep running away from the truth and turn around in ur duplicitous lifestyle and blame the president.

2 Likes

Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by me1234: 4:50pm On Nov 11, 2014
You are a fool
Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by goingsolo: 4:50pm On Nov 11, 2014
APC people and their stupid question, must you rant over everything done by GEJ?

3 Likes

Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by medamillion(m): 4:51pm On Nov 11, 2014
firstEVA:
grin
No, u ar wrong, d guy does not need a mechanic, he needs a tailor to sew his torn brain for him.
Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by philips70(m): 4:51pm On Nov 11, 2014
atlwireles:

Because Nigeria is bigger than all of us. Something most you rodents in APC cannot understand.

I guess Jonathan's ambition is bigger than your miserable failed life so it's not out of place if you feel it's bigger than the lives of the future leaders that were cut short yesterday. Just wait till you make kids so you can get this into your miserable head.

1 Like

Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by Peterscoded: 4:52pm On Nov 11, 2014
Why is this man like dis why is so selfish what if his children is part of d blast
Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by 30pence: 4:53pm On Nov 11, 2014
davies123:

Well done! You don try now go and collect your allowance for the days job....

But be aware that your hand is stained with blood of the innocent as much as your pay masters as long as u continue to support their agenda

Sounds more like a hypocrite!
Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by babs50g: 4:53pm On Nov 11, 2014
What is the essence of calling the president commander in chief of the armed force. All we are saying is for the president to have a tactical approach in solving the insurgency palaver . Whether we like it or not the insurgency will consume everyone. Not only the president should be responsible in tackling the problem, but every one should be ready to play their roles.And it so sad this is happening. We are all sitting on gun of keg powder waiting to blow or implosion in itself. God will save us all amen
Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by Atigba: 4:55pm On Nov 11, 2014
firstEVA:
You are very foolish for opening this thread

1 Like

Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by scedescede(m): 4:55pm On Nov 11, 2014
egift:
[img]http://abujade.files./2014/04/jonathandancingkano.jpg[/img]

Jonathan has always been insensitive - It will be surprising if today is different.

When they was a blast in Abuja, many Boys burnt and over 200 girls abducted in Chibok - Dr. Ebelemi Jonathan was in Kano to showcase is infamous dancing skills, by rock the world of this woman for the world to see.
Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by atlwireles: 4:55pm On Nov 11, 2014
philips70:

I guess Jonathan's ambition is bigger than your miserable failed life so it's not out of place if you feel it's bigger than the lives of the future leaders that were cut short yesterday. Just wait till you make kids so you can get this into your miserable head.

Almajiri your inanity will not change the variables on the ground. Just a common announcement has caused this level of bitterness in your soul, what will his victory come Feb 2015 do to you.

2 Likes

Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by jude33084(m): 4:57pm On Nov 11, 2014
stebell:

I dont care where yu come frm.
The declaration has been dated long ago while the plan to bomb is less than 2days so as to discredit GEJ but that plan has failed.

You are not normal at all cheesy
Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by IntelB: 4:57pm On Nov 11, 2014
I guess 90% of those calling GEJ clueless have never held any post of responsibility be it in school, union, organisations etc cos that's where u start testing ur leadership mettle. Those calling d president names are simply a bunch of uncultured, parochial minded ppl who don't c beyond their nose. Like it or not, d conspiracy to stop GEJ will not work cos his tenure ends 2019.

2 Likes

Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by Walelavender(m): 4:57pm On Nov 11, 2014
The annoying thing about our dear President is that he behaves as if 'nothing dey happen', so that the international community can have the perception that all is well; but the media wont let that be, always 'letting the cat out of the bag'. Oh d kano rally was a mistake! Accepted. But this Abuja rally should have been suspended irrespective of the preparation. When you commit the same mistake twice, its no more accidental it becomes willful! God bless Nigeria & punish her enemies !
Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by Louislewis: 4:57pm On Nov 11, 2014
He has the right to declare. What is wrong in doing that, if others have done that. Sometimes it bits my mind when I read or hear how some people talk about Jonathan. Every blame is on Jonathan. 98% of problems we have in this country today are being contributed by our pasted leaders. Boko Haram is existing today is never the making of Jonathan. That we voted for Jonathan was never a mistake. That Nigeria has a very bad image today never started today, but a build-up of bad leadership we had, including those still leaving, singing bad song against the present government. They all contributed to whatever Nigeria is today.
What am I trying to say? Jonathan could not win the war against Boko Haram today is a very simple reason. Have any of you ever visited any Army Barack? If so, what was your observation? Answer- Total domination of military by the Hausa. Both as officers and combatant is total domination by the Hausas. What kind of respect and loyalty do you expect when an order especially from somebody who is perceived to be an outsider is given to a someone to go and fight or kill his brothers? The Born to Rule attitude of the Northern is one of the causes of upraising of the Boko Haram, which most of the northern leaders and politicians are using to discredit this government by sponsoring the group to give this government a bad name. From the early stage of this government, they have made it clear, that, they (northern) are going to make Nigeria ungovernable. This, they have succeeded in doing that. Instead of total condemnation from everybody and say it the way it is, we are calling Jonathan. Because of some people's personal political ambition and greed, they are cross carpeting like prostitute flirting with all men just because of money. Truth has disappeared from their mouth. It is somehow painful, seeing most of my southern people, badly criticizing this
government knowing fully well the game plan played by the northern to make the government ungovernable. Why not say the truth or you keep your mouth shut. The northern ruled this nation for over 40 years out of our 52years of independent with the north totally backward that brought about the menace (Boko Haram) we are having today. The question is, how many northern have even appeared to criticise any of our leaders from the north while in office, irrespective of total negligence from their leaders. It is totally annoying seeing our political leaders from south romancing politics with them because of personal greed. You are in APC or PDP, your name can never change or neither is it going to change your attitude. Once a failure in one party will remain a failure in another party. Party name can never change you. All your contribution is geared towards greed or ending up letting the northern achieve their aim. Let everybody from the south support Yoruba or Igbo that comes out from south irrespective of party or better still support Jonathan. I know the war from Boko Haram will never cease if our next election produces a southern as president, be him Jonathan or somebody else, one day Boko Haram will wake up to see that, they don't have brothers to kill again.

8 Likes

Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by swagwu(m): 4:58pm On Nov 11, 2014
there plan failed grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Zahra Buhari & Ahmed Indimi On Honeymoon in Saudi Arabia / Trump Solidarity Rally: Pro-Biafra Agitators, Soldiers Clash, Scores Wounded / Buhari's Portrait Hung On A Pole In Cameroon (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.