Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? (50151 Views)

Buhari Inside His Presidential Jet (PHOTO) / Obasanjo Uncovers Plot To Hand Over To Military Should Jonathan Lose / Niger Delta Militants Threaten War Should Jonathan Lose Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by peedeeasobie(m): 5:47pm On Nov 11, 2014
firstEVA:
This is the height of insensitivity on the part of of president - Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan, just a day after almost 50 children lost their lives due to an attack by Boko haram, our dear president is declaring for a second term. Shouldn't he have postponed this campaign to at least commiserate with the families of those who lost their lives?

I see, your party detonated the bombs so that the president will postpone his declaration!

If APC likes let them bomb the whole northern region, GEJ will not step down.

1 Like

Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by Anny45: 5:48pm On Nov 11, 2014
I remember reading about the civil war from Chinua Achebe's book, 'THERE WAS A COUNTRY". A northerner was the president and commander-in chief of the armed forces. People were killed in their thousands, children, women etc. Most Nigerians especially from the north were in support of the killings and even went to the point of stopping any form of aid to the eastern part of the country. Human rights didn't come out to say anything, people were killed in their prime and nothing happened. It is just sad that Nigerians didn't learn anything from that at all. They planned to use insurgency to score cheap political points at the expense of innocent lives. Children are killed every day and all we can do is to clap hands and support a political party. We all have failed! You mustn’t be a president to make a difference! Why did we go to school in the first place? Did we go through all the stress to sit back at home and blame government for our problems? What efforts have we the youths made to secure our future? We may think boko haram is a problem of the northern states, wait, till it comes to your door step. PDP, APC, LP and all other parties in Nigeria should either pull resources together to fight the menace or shut their mouths! The earlier we the youths make our presence felt in this country by being actively involved in the growth of our country, the better for us!

5 Likes

Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by alabiyemmy(m): 5:48pm On Nov 11, 2014
OP - na mumu u be.
Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by MadCow1: 5:48pm On Nov 11, 2014
firstEVA:
This is the height of insensitivity on the part of of president - Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan, just a day after almost 50 children lost their lives due to an attack by Boko haram, our dear president is declaring for a second term. Shouldn't he have postponed this campaign to at least commiserate with the families of those who lost their lives?

Terrorists should never dictate what's happens in any nation.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Nov 11, 2014
soe:

Join me in my efforts to rescue Nigeria from the age long hold of the PDP

Come along with me and I'll make you fishers of men

Let's enlighten the lots who think Nigeria will work out itself without any change.

Those who think that 16 yrs is not enough to wipe off the woes of our historical years of misrule.

Let's let them know that 16 yrs of democracy should be able to correct 31 years of khakistocracy. If only we have the right people in the right place.

Let them know we cannot continue in this corrupt manner .

Let them know that many graduates are jobless today...because they have no connection.

Let people know that even if Nigeria becomes the largest economy in the world...the issue of corruption will make us poorer and the richer will be richer...there will still be no jobs and no light and no food for those who have no connections.

Let people know that GeJ will never fight corruption.

Let people know that our military which was never known for corruption has become so corrupt that BH is now gaining ground.

Let them know that another 4 years of this strong boko haram army unshaken will lead to the destruction of Nigeria.

Let them know that when all hell is let loose , GeJ and his family, Badeh and his family, and all those in power will travel out and leave us to our fate.

Let them know that there is only one man who the army fee. One man who corruption fears. One man who boko haram fears. He is harmless when he has no power...but he is ruthless when he is given power.

Let them know..that that is the man everybody is looking up to ..for direction because he has done it before.

Let them know that APC and PDP may have no difference after all...but there is only one simple difference between APC and PDP...

Buhari is that difference... He did it before as president for just 20 months..and he shook the USA and UK ... Our economy became intimidatingly robust and independent.

He lead the army to defeat boko haram in 1983
He chased them far into Chad.

This man brought discipline...
This man did all these in less than 2yrs

I won't vote for APC.

But I will vote for Buhari.

Even if he joins PDP.

But this man doesn't have money to campaign... But if we value our future as a nation... Its our duty to campaign for the man.

And that's is why I need you Cirmuell ... To rise up and become a fisher of men...we need men like you.

Brother, Boko haram is a northern agenda to take the country by storm through violence through jihad. This program was not expected to play out now, its program was leaked when yusuf was killed. Do your research!
In the Nigerian Army, Nigerian Navy and other paramilitary outfit in this country Boko haram had long being infiltrated these agencies. Little wonder we had reports of an officer missing in the military years after being recruited just to re surface years after. Where have they being? Story for another day. The Northern leaders knows the game plan, its a game plan or agenda of the north to Islamise this country. It has being difficult all this while so they want to use their trained personnels trained by the Nigerian army and other related agencies.

Watch and Pray!

2 Likes

Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by Akpan107(m): 5:50pm On Nov 11, 2014
firstEVA:
Isn't it a shame that the so called masterminds are incapable of being apprehended and are free to bomb any where at any time under the watchful eyes of the commander in chief? I really can't wrap my head around this kind of situation, insurgents are having a field day and the government is incapable of arresting the situation? this is crazy!
How can the president stop you, if you decide to go the market now and buy material for making bombs... After making it, you put it in ur pant, and put on ur cloth, go straight to the market and detonate it, even America, one of the world best secured Country cant prevent it.

3 Likes

Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by nationwide1(m): 5:51pm On Nov 11, 2014
firstEVA:
Stop allowing your emotions obliterate your sense of reasoning. Is that why they always resort to mayhem whenever they know he is about embarking on a political rally? Have you ever questioned why the northern people don't query the identities of perpetrators of the insurgency? Are those people spirits? Are they not living among people? Have you ever questioned why they are fighting / killing? No northern elder ever condemns this act of madness and you have never questioned it. Why is it that Buhari has never condemned this dastardly act and you have never questioned that? Only Goodluck this, Jonathan that. Why not try to be reasonable for once?

4 Likes

Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by philips70(m): 5:51pm On Nov 11, 2014
atlwireles:

Almajiri your inanity will not change the variables on the ground. Just a common announcement has caused this level of bitterness in your soul, what will his victory come Feb 2015 do to you.

The almajiri's skull is better than your demented skull. Pathetic is a noble word to describe your life.
Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by 100Cents: 5:52pm On Nov 11, 2014
firstEVA:
Isn't it a shame that the so called masterminds are incapable of being apprehended and are free to bomb any where at any time under the watchful eyes of the commander in chief? I really can't wrap my head around this kind of situation, insurgents are having a field day and the government is incapable of arresting the situation? this is crazy!

What part have you played in arresting the insurgents ?

1 Like

Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by Trustyd1(m): 5:52pm On Nov 11, 2014
firstEVA:
Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by hobermener: 5:53pm On Nov 11, 2014
Anny45:
When Buhari declared,there was no bomb blast,Kwankwasor declared,no bomb blast. Goodluck may not be perfect but we should cut this man some slack. Everyone is condemning and insulting him. They say Goodluck has failed Nigerians and should resign. Borno governor whose state over 200 Chibok girls were kidnapped and where series of killings have taken place picked a nomination form to contest again. APC hasn't told him to resign. Yobe Governor claimed he has shut down schools cos of boko haram killings,how come a school in the state was attacked yesterday? He even had the effontery to tell Federal govt to explain how they are protecting lives? The truth is,politicians are shameless,heartless and extremely wicked. Why can't they shun party politics and come to together to protect lives? We should leave Goodluck alone. I wonder how he hasn't developed heart attack with all the insults and name calling. If the northern governors whose region all these killings are taking place can't come together to proffer solution then,God will be the judge! Until there is a better candidate to take over which I havn't seen from the so-called APC,Goodluck pls continue. Okorocha has just told us they have no agenda. When people talk too much,they end up making themselves look foolish. Imagine a presidential aspirant telling us he will bring a trailer load of money to show he is wealthy. I don't blame them,I blame us the youth. If we can't learn to fight for our rights and those of generations coming,then we should enjoy the suffering cos our so-called leaders are taking us back to the era of slave trade.It is unfortunate that innocent lives are lost unnecessarily but I know one thing,the wicked shall not go unpunished.
God bless this post and the poster. I couldn't agree more. Ogbeni u spoke my mind

3 Likes

Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by Lordlexyy: 5:54pm On Nov 11, 2014
duni04:

Very stupîd and insensitive post.
That guy is a worm i tell you. His remark reeks of wickedness. An occultic, blood sucking demon.

2 Likes

Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by Trustyd1(m): 5:54pm On Nov 11, 2014
firstEVA:

you are wrong BH can't bomb anywhere anytime if they can then they should try the east or south.
Is time the northerners take the blame for their failure to secure themselves. Come to Anambra and see how the governor take security of lives and properties very serious and as a result major crimes are no more.

3 Likes

Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by atlwireles: 5:54pm On Nov 11, 2014
philips70:

The almajiri's skull is better than your demented skull. Pathetic is a noble word to describe your life.

I have a rope on standby for you come 2015, you can hang yourself as high as you want.

3 Likes

Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by Billygee2u: 5:56pm On Nov 11, 2014
arsetalks:
Everyone against GEJ cluelessness and outright wickedness is from the north right?

You need a mechanic to check your brain.
hahaha ,but .yourself need a carpenter to amend your unbalanced brain .hehehe grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by aryzgreat: 5:58pm On Nov 11, 2014
Senseless post from a useless poster.

What guarantee do we have that if we postpone the declaration to Saturday there won't be another bombing on Friday?

APC have failed.

GEJ till apc is frustrated.

1 Like

Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by Akpan107(m): 5:59pm On Nov 11, 2014
egift:
[img]http://abujade.files./2014/04/jonathandancingkano.jpg[/img]

Jonathan has always been insensitive - It will be surprising if today is different.

When they was a blast in Abuja, many Boys burnt and over 200 girls abducted in Chibok - Dr. Ebelemi Jonathan was in Kano to showcase is infamous dancing skills, by rock the world of this woman for the world to see.
wasting of time...
Bombs cant stop GEJ from contesting.
He will remain on that seat untill 2019.
Sorry, i knew is very painful to see person you dont ruling, and has refused to be distracted. God bless GEJ.

4 Likes

Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Nov 11, 2014
whao:

Indeed so shameful, but wait a minute!

President Yar'adua offer the millitants amnesty and the accepted the offer, president GEJ offers them same but SHEKAU said over their dead bodies to lay their arms "we re fighting for Allah and every ARNE(meaning a non muslim) who does not turn to islam must be killed"......... Now you can understand their cause is more of religion that politics and the sokalled muslim leaders who wanted to use them to fight religion can't stop them anymore. Shekau has seen money and power to control thousands of evil troops to destroy innocent lives n nw u expect him to handover power? Don't forget that they re power phrick n can die for it.

Don't expect GEJ to carry gun and fight cos he is the chief security, don't forget must of the serving chiefs re from the north, they hv ministers n lots of political favor from Mr president, what re they doing instead of stealing the money belonging to the buying of new weapons n empowering the armies in war front. Tell me, what do u really want GEJ to do
nice angle
Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by Lurcky(m): 6:00pm On Nov 11, 2014
firstEVA:
so anyone who has a different view from GEJ is from the North and has a hand in the bombing? wow!

U re d one thinking dat way not him

2 Likes

Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by philips70(m): 6:01pm On Nov 11, 2014
atlwireles:

I have a rope on standby for you come 2015, you can hang yourself as high as you want.

By next year Nigerians must have endured him for 6 years. It won't be too difficult to endure 4 more locust years. The only thing that is sure is that it won't add any value to the worthless life you parade.
Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by Akpan107(m): 6:01pm On Nov 11, 2014
FiftyFifty:
But insensitivity is one of GEJ's moniker, d other one is clueless.
Sorry! Are you the new Lai Muhammed?

2 Likes

Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by alatoto: 6:01pm On Nov 11, 2014
u pple knw that even the booms wont stop....so its of no use,fools continue killing urself....i pity una,weellla grin shocked[color=#000099][/color]

1 Like

Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by Akpan107(m): 6:04pm On Nov 11, 2014
naijaking1:
You threatened violence if the president chooses to seek election as a free citizen of this country.
You sponsor violence, because you suspect the president will declare to run
No you ask , if it's ok for him to declare , because of the violence you're causing
If GEJ is not allowed to run because of violence, forget about Nigeria, nobody would ever run and win elections again, because of guarranted violence from the opposition.
I have said it earlier... It's either GEJ win or Nigeria ENDs. One nigeria is froud!!!

1 Like

Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by Iceking1(m): 6:05pm On Nov 11, 2014
stebell:
OP, yu shud be ashamed of yourself. so cos yu kno he is declaring today yu and ur rodents up North decided to bomb so as to foil todays activity. yu hav failed.

2moro yu wud say ur North is not developed.

GEJ till una stop to bomb and kill una people.

mhen i love ur signature, u ar 2 much plsssssss and plsssssss keep it up & dnt remove it plsssssssss, unlike d oder fool

1 Like

Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by atlwireles: 6:06pm On Nov 11, 2014
philips70:

By next year Nigerians must have endured him for 6 years. It won't be too difficult to endure 4 more locust years. The only thing that is sure is that it won't add any value to the worthless life you parade.

Again, my rope is waiting for you, when needed.

3 Likes

Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by adisa009(m): 6:06pm On Nov 11, 2014
I can't shout! My pvc on point. Lobatan!!!
Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Nov 11, 2014
firstEVA:
...can any good things come out of Nigerian leaders?O Nigerians,to your tent!
Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by duni04(m): 6:08pm On Nov 11, 2014
nationwide1:
Stop allowing your emotions obliterate your sense of reasoning. Is that why they always resort to mayhem whenever they know he is about embarking on a political rally? Have you ever questioned why the northern people don't query the identities of perpetrators of the insurgency? Are those people spirits? Are they not living among people? Have you ever questioned why they are fighting / killing? No northern elder ever condemns this act of madness and you have never questioned it. Why is it that Buhari has never condemned this dastardly act and you have never questioned that? Only Goodluck this, Jonathan that. Why not try to be reasonable for once?
Your stupîdity is inexcusable.
Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by lawrsmith(m): 6:09pm On Nov 11, 2014
sneezeemek:
But is very sensitive for Rochas to declara some hours after d bombing....nd I guess we all heard his speach? "he indeed promised to bring trailer loads of money" that formed d speech of a presidential aspirant, am anxiously waiting to see any Of them come up with executive blueprint, tell us what u want to do for us if voted in, only God know how long I will wait, all they do is to the media nd insult d office of d presidency,they can't make a full page statement without swearing nd insulting the no1 citizen d very seat that supposed to be. respected by all, seriously that's not how to be an opposition, in a demoratic dispensation! Opposition is very good but a valid opposition.am opposition that can positively challenge d ruling party! Put pdp nd apc aside I will go for pdp not bcus they re super good but bcus apc is not any better, nd d devil I knw is better than the angel I don't know
i like your comment.i hate APC because 90% of their members were once a PDP members that felt that may be they don't have the chances of runing for their political position under PDP. they were just Association of grieviance people, rebels.APC and PDP case is just a case of group of robbers that have problem among themselve they ended up breaking up into two faction.then the new group is now calling their old members thievies. it is just a case of kattle calling pot black.APC IS ASSOCIATION OF PREVIOUS CRIMINALS.i hate APC because they are wicked younger sister of PDP. assuming APC is a political party set up by youth or fresh people who have not sore their hands in any way i would have seen a reason for support them. is not Buari?Atiku? Amaechi?kwankwaso?Rochas? recently Tambuwal.all of them were PDP members by core. the only difference between PDP and APC is on the changing of aphabet of DP and addition of AC.the removal of umbrella on the log and replace it with brooms but they forgot to put parker because you can not sweep without parking it.as far as these leaders of APC remains this previous criminal that broke out of PDP i will not support them until i see another formidable and credible political party with new ambition,vision and dedication to save Nigeria.for those of you who believe that APC will win 2015 election,una name na sorry.long live Federal republic of Nigeria!Long live people democratic party PDP. long live cheif of Army forces Dr.Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan.Goodluck till 2019.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by whao: 6:10pm On Nov 11, 2014
firstEVA:
nice angle

I was thinking we have to individually help in this issue of security! About a month ago I went to MUBI for an intervention and discovered it will be difficult for the islamic terrorist sect to over power our people but my logic was wrong.

Information is very powerful and that's what they use cos they have lots of informants, slow but steady am sure we will win the battle. Let's just keep praying for our president cos its not easy as we think and be watchful too so as not to become victims of the boys.

Long live Nigeria, long live Nairalanders and long live Mr president and the good leaders.

1 Like

Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Nov 11, 2014
firstEVA:

Help me ask them

And later they would say "they are doing it to destabilise the nation"

If thats' s the case, he is the president. Why isnt he doing anything about it....
And when I say "anything about it" I dont mean useless and consistent meetings that have no f.u.cking use
Re: Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? by spankyflex(m): 6:12pm On Nov 11, 2014
ekochris:
Another controversial and meangingless thread..........

For God's sake, would postponing or canceling his declaration bring the bomb victims?

Anyway, Godluck no try sha, he promised not to contest in 2015.....lack of discipline.
didn't buhari promised not to contest again?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

True Federalism, Its Advantages And Implications. / APC Youths Hold Rally For Tinubu In Abuja (Pictures) / President Buhari's Incredible Come Back Journey In one Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.