Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,066 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia (48549 Views)

Nigerian Troops, Hunters Kill 150 Boko Haram Terrorists In Madagali, Gwoza / 80 Insurgents, 2 Soldiers Killed In Borno / Boko Haram - Hunters Kill 75 Members Of Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by 100Cents: 7:55am On Nov 13, 2014
briantext:

grin[size=15pt]
Nairaland
i dey hail o[/size]

I pity Nigerian youth
Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by UnimkeAk(m): 7:55am On Nov 13, 2014
Rikidony:
YOU ARE CRAZY, BLAME UR USELESS MILITARY OFFICIAL WHO RECRIUT ILL HEARTED SOLDIERS INTO THE MILITARY, ON NOV 5 ABOUT 300 NIGERIAN SOLDIERS FLED TO NIGER REPUBLIC AFTER BOKO HARAM ATTACK AND THE HAVE TO ABANDON THEIR BARRACKS WHICH THE INSURGENTS LOOT, WITH THE NEW EQUIPMENT GIVEN TO THEM BY THE GOVT.

Nigerian Army na 2 waka oppress civilians.
How can 300 soldiers run away in battle?

The NA keep saying, we are a regular army issh, Bh uses guerrilla tactics, we can't see our enemies.. Blah blah
Me I come the wonder whether boko haram dey use wear invincibility juju to attack them, u will just see AK47 dey shoot with nobody handling it..

Boko boys sef no get sense, na 2 use bomb scather the area first, den beginning shooting at the Nigerian army.

Even conventional warfare sef, NA dem go run.
Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by Reference(m): 7:58am On Nov 13, 2014
dROC1:

Point of correction, your military is not adequately equipped else we would not be talking of the army being routed by Boko Haram 70% of the time in combat. Those brave young men have shed their blood enough. Why don't you go and fight BH and find out better?

But the President doesn't directly equip the military. Like every organisation there is a chain of authority responsible for procurement. Goodluck Jonathan is unlikely to know the difference between a 9mm, 7.62mm or a 5.56mm (NATO) round in combat or how many 150mm shells NACA has in its inventory but he should know someone who knows all these and rely absolutely on their professional advice. What we can hold him responsible for is putting the square peg in the square hole, evaluating the progress of the campaign and in my opinion balancing the budget in such a way that the campaign is sustainable because without food all the arms and ammunition in th world is useless in battle. It is so easy for an economy to collapse at the instance of heavy military spending. History is awash with many, many tragic examples and to strike a balance between fighting fire and rescuing your goods is exceptionally difficult.

If the insurgency hits our economy in our quest to end it quickly by an arms spending spree then we are done anyway. As I type this the news wires say the naira has just experienced the steepest decline in 3 years no thanks to the falling oil prices which is now below the budget benchmark (something Okonjo Iweala warned about at the turn of the year but she was derided by the Lower house, governors and mischievious Nigerians). Now we have to spend more on a war you cannot budget for.

We are in for it. Period.
Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by elbinmanny(m): 7:59am On Nov 13, 2014
dROC1:

If you don't know what to say just better keep quiet..hiss
Wats this incubated slowpoke fit to be adopted into same sex marriage saying ? undecided
Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by mrvitalis(m): 8:00am On Nov 13, 2014
100Cents:

If this is an achievement then you should bury your face too.
thanks but based on this i perform better than jonathan
Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by bakila: 8:02am On Nov 13, 2014
youthmustwork:
this propaganda get weight ooo. ordinary hunters.
nigeria military with AK47 & grenades never defeat boko haram. na ordinary local hunters with Awka made(shot&reload).

this is d last tym I will comment on boko haram issue.

north east God is watchn you pple.
It's rather Goverment God is watching you.
The truth is that those who escaped the attack on Mubi will tell they attempted to escape when they learnt that the town will be attacked but the Army prevented them from leaving. The Army left the town few minutes before the insurgents came in. The Army of the Government ran away and left the citizen. They left Pastors, Imams, Priest, Babies, Pregnant Women, the crippled and the blind. Shame on the Army and the Government.
Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by persius555(m): 8:02am On Nov 13, 2014
In kobani, syria, women and young men as young as 14 years without previous military training took up rifles to defend their kurdish town against the evil ISIS that BH recently swore allergence to. Till date, kobani has turned out to be the turning point in the war against this evil group. The will and zeal to fight and die for a nations/ motherland has always played an important role in any war theatre that humanity can recall. The invation of soviet union by the nazis during WWII is another reference. The nigerian govt should swallow its pride, engage/arm CJTF, local hunters to finish this war once and for all of course with the support and supervisioon of security operatives. How many more innocent school children have to be bomb to pieces b/4 we face the reality and act.

1 Like

Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by Nobody: 8:04am On Nov 13, 2014
Rikidony:
YOU ARE CRAZY, BLAME UR USELESS MILITARY OFFICIAL WHO RECRIUT ILL HEARTED SOLDIERS INTO THE MILITARY, ON NOV 5 ABOUT 300 NIGERIAN SOLDIERS FLED TO NIGER REPUBLIC AFTER BOKO HARAM ATTACK AND THE HAVE TO ABANDON THEIR BARRACKS WHICH THE INSURGENTS LOOT, WITH THE NEW EQUIPMENT GIVEN TO THEM BY THE GOVT.

. What is this 1 saying.
Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by Cannonleo(m): 8:09am On Nov 13, 2014
This is what I call resitance kudos if this is true...NA let this boost ur morale the jtf nd hunters got ur back...this is the kind of mindset people living in.occupied terrotories should show
Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by Ahmeduana(m): 8:09am On Nov 13, 2014
mrvitalis:
if this is true then jonathan should bury his face in shame

by the way FTC ...just one week on nairaland ....this good news
THIS IS THE MOST FOOLISH AND STUPID COMMENT HAVE EVER READ ON #LAND. In my culture there is this saying OJU TI ARA ILE ME, IWO GANGAN LOJU TI> which means my brethren was RIDICULED yester-night, if you think deep you will know that is not your brethren that was disgrace, it is you because when your brethren was been RIDICULE what you AS A FRIEND, AS A FAMILY DO TO AVERT THE UNFORTUNATE SITUATION? You did nothing, INSTEAD YOU STAND ASIDE WATCHING and WAITING FOR THE OUTCOME OF THE SCENARIO SO YOU CAN HAVE SOMETHING TO MAKE REFERENCE OF, but forgetting that the by product of what you fails to avert will be felt by the entire household and the neighbourhoods.
Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by major466(m): 8:10am On Nov 13, 2014
Something here doesn't feel right. The Opposition had consistently bashed the military, accused the federal government of under arming our security forces. They kept the momentum that our soldiers are ill equipped compared to boko haram with sophisticated weapons. If that is the case, how was it possible for local hunters with spears and arrows to over run and kill 80 boko haram terrorists whom are regarded as better equipped with sophisticated firepower according to the opposition? How is it possible for a man with a spear to kill a man with machine guns? Are they now trying to say the hunters are better fighters than the military? I smell conspiracy. This development is a sublime move to discredit the Nigerian army. As much as I support the involvement of local communities into the security of their respective localities, I cannot understand why the media undertook a campaign of ridicule and disrespect against the Nigerian army. How can the army run away from 80 terrorists only for local hunters to come onto the scene and kill them off? There's more to the fight against terrorism than meets the eye. Definitely, something doesn't feel right.
Security of lives and property is a social responsibility for all citizens. Unless the people totally cooperate with the security personnel to flush out terrorists, the fight against bokoharam will linger on.

1 Like

Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by 100Cents: 8:11am On Nov 13, 2014
mrvitalis:

thanks but based on this i perform better than jonathan

Stop hating on this guy. Nigeria has never had a better leader than him.

Yes, the economy and security are not in their best shape but at least we have fuel without queues, moribund industries are coming back to life not to mention the railways.

These.moves are legendary for an average Nigerian leader.
Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by Nobody: 8:11am On Nov 13, 2014
African magic

1 Like

Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by Hero10001: 8:14am On Nov 13, 2014
Rikidony:

Seconded.
The millitary are just a bunch of f.uck.ing s.hit!
Government is just like a human body's anatomy, if one part i.e (mouth/nose/stomach/hands etc) do not perform it's duty, then disability is inevictable.
Where are the mighty men of NA?!
Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by Nobody: 8:16am On Nov 13, 2014
"He said, “The military kept telling us that we cannot be allowed to go after the insurgents since we are not legally constituted.

“We can only appeal to the military authorities to scrutinise us and authorise us to face the Boko Haram insurgents in a battle which I believed we will defeat the insurgents and regain our land.

“If the military can authorise us and give us back- ups, we will wipe out the insurgents because we know their hideouts and if it is juju (local charms), we will match them it"

This is why I blame the fed govt..the law should be amended to integrate hunters in critical times like this

1 Like

Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by Nobody: 8:16am On Nov 13, 2014
If Boko haram continues this way after 2015, then I will have something to say.
Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by mrvitalis(m): 8:22am On Nov 13, 2014
100Cents:

Stop hating on this guy. Nigeria has never had a better leader than him.

Yes, the economy and security are not in their best shape but at least we have fuel without queues, moribund industries are coming back to life not to mention the railways.

These.moves are legendary for an average Nigerian leader.
pls brother i challenge u here and now
...if u name any five sector Jonathan has done well in in the past 6 years ...i will surly vote jonathan for 2015
Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by mrvitalis(m): 8:26am On Nov 13, 2014
Ahmeduana:

THIS IS THE MOST FOOLISH AND STUPID COMMENT HAVE EVER READ ON #LAND. In my culture there is this saying OJU TI ARA ILE ME, IWO GANGAN LOJU TI> which means my brethren was RIDICULED yester-night, if you think deep you will know that is not your brethren that was disgrace, it is you because when your brethren was been RIDICULE what you AS A FRIEND, AS A FAMILY DO TO AVERT THE UNFORTUNATE SITUATION? You did nothing, INSTEAD YOU STAND ASIDE WATCHING and WAITING FOR THE OUTCOME OF THE SCENARIO SO YOU CAN HAVE SOMETHING TO MAKE REFERENCE OF, but forgetting that the by product of what you fails to avert will be felt by the entire household.
sir am sorry but....do u understand what it means to be the president??
jonathan asked for my vote ...told me he will protect me and other nigerians ...we voted him
...now he has failed in such a way that we nigerians are taking up arms
....first or all this is murder
...pls brother there is no excuse for failure

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by ennon92(m): 8:27am On Nov 13, 2014
datguru:
So in essence, you are trying to say that just 80 BOKO BOYS were in charge of a whole community and couldn't be defeated by Nigerian Army ?
fishy story
Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by dokunbam(m): 8:45am On Nov 13, 2014
where are the bodies

pictures of dead BH or idontbilivit
Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by Nairabeezie(m): 8:47am On Nov 13, 2014
naija! #respect
Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by 100Cents: 8:48am On Nov 13, 2014
mrvitalis:

pls brother i challenge u here and now
...if u name any five sector Jonathan has done well in in the past 6 years ...i will surly vote jonathan for 2015

1. Cement: Under him Nigeria has achieved self sufficiency in cement production also introducing a level playing ground for all manufacturers..

2. Railways: We all know the coaches are back..

3. Car Manufacturing : The moribund car production companies are reopening.

4. Fuel without queues : As a kid I never believed that fuel can be purchased without standing on queues.

5. Improved Air Travel: We can cast our minds back to the days of incessant air mishaps in the commercial aviation industry. Jonathan has done so much in changing the status quo.

6. Foreign direct investment: More and more companies are coming to Nigeria to do business than ever before.

7. Number one GDP in Africa: Under Jonathan, Nigeria toppled South Africa as Africa's biggest economy.

8. Freedom of speech: Never before in Nigeria have people been able to speak their minds without fear of being witch hunted or jailed.

9. Credible Elections: We all believe in the electoral process today because Jonathan believes in Free and Fair elections.

Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by Nairabeezie(m): 8:48am On Nov 13, 2014
Goat carry camera go dere nah! if nah bokoharam killed 80 men...u go believe am angry
dokunbam:
where are the bodies

pictures of dead BH or idontbilivit
Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by Nairabeezie(m): 8:49am On Nov 13, 2014
yeah we are surviving under 2 dollars per day....some of you are just obsessed with mumu attitude..
100Cents:

1. Cement: Under him Nigeria has achieved self sufficiency in cement production also introducing a level playing ground for all manufacturers..

4. Fuel without queues : As a kid I never believed that fuel can be purchased without standing on queues.

5. Improved Air Travel: We can cast our minds back to the days of incessant air mishaps in the commercial aviation industry. Jonathan has don't much on changing the status quo.

6. Foreign direct investment: More and more companies are coming to Nigeria to do business than ever before.

7. Number one GDP in Africa: Under Jonathan, Nigeria toppled South Africa as Africa's biggest economy.

8. Freedom of speech: Never before in Nigeria have people been able to speak their minds without fear of being witch hunted or jailed.

9. Credible Elections: We all believe in the electoral process today because Jonathan believes in Free and Fair elections.

Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by sammieblaize: 8:51am On Nov 13, 2014
lekikosky:
is this real?
doubt that
Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by ebudon84: 8:56am On Nov 13, 2014
ikweremilitant:
the way u and ur likes are going on the name caling,i can assure you that your cardiac arrest is at hand...quote me.
guy is like u be apc fella mind how u are talking about ur president . pussy
Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by 100Cents: 9:04am On Nov 13, 2014
Nairabeezie:
yeah we are surviving under 2 dollars per day....some of you are just obsessed with mumu attitude..

Guy , if one works hard, he can move from 2 dollars to 200 dollars a day.

A businessman, a civil servant, an artisan, by hard work and stroke of luck everyone can become a millionaire.

All that one needs is to be mentally alert to opportunities around him.
Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by ebudon84: 9:04am On Nov 13, 2014
Abeg tell them more 2015 is jona or no election cos among all the imposter no one is worthy of that seat
100Cents:

5. Improved Air Travel: We can cast our minds back to the days of incessant air mishaps in the commercial aviation industry. Jonathan has done so much in changing the status quo.

Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by brosprophet(m): 9:06am On Nov 13, 2014
But come to think o this properly,hunters defeated boko haram,with whose gun? Riffle,AK47,GPMG or what?
Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by Elliotshedrach: 9:12am On Nov 13, 2014
I think FG should recriut dis hurters into the NA to help d fight also. Just passing
Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by Olufemiolaolu(m): 9:20am On Nov 13, 2014
Caleboha:
This insurgency is more political than ideological. Have you wondered why the spate of attacks has increased since Jonathan's declaration of interest in the 2015 race? There is an uncanning and persistent attempt to discredit his leadership. Unfortunately the old foool is too dull and stupppid to sanitize the nation's security apparatus. His level of corruption is unprecedented. This guy Jonathan is not pretending, he is not scheming anything, he has no hidden solution or strategy with regards to our current problems in Nigeria. What he has done in the last four years is exactly what he will reproduce in a lifetime. The guy is downright clueless! How can you sensibly explain this recurrent embarassment of our gallant military personel. You want to blame that on the opposition? You want to blame the low morale of our military and their old fashioned ammunition on the opposition? You think the opposition is responsible for our porous borders? You honestly believe the huge sums veted on security gets stolen by the opposition? Granted: terrorism is often difficult to quash, but no country has suffered such monumental embarassment of its military in open battle by riff raffs like boko haram. When Yar adua was president, boko haram felt the full weight of a well motivated nigerian army. They were defeated in one decisive swing in the week of 17th january 2009. It will be 2 years of silence before they rear their head again. If the tempo was maintained, boko haram would have been history. I know interests differ and some peeps would dump their votes for him again, they must however realise that even their fathers at home could better Nigeria's cause more than this clueless drunkard
God bless u 4 dis gr8 comment

1 Like

Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by harry509: 9:34am On Nov 13, 2014
fun4:

www.punchng.com/news/hunters-kill-80-insurgents-reclaim-mahia/
if it's true, den we nigeria shud vote hunter's as president cum's 2015 election.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Audio Of President Jonathan Calling Buhari To Congratulate (listen) / 2019: Obasanjo, Jonathan, Governors Storm Yola For Atiku / Photo Of President Buhari’s Seat Of Power

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.