Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,052 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia (48548 Views)

Nigerian Troops, Hunters Kill 150 Boko Haram Terrorists In Madagali, Gwoza / 80 Insurgents, 2 Soldiers Killed In Borno / Boko Haram - Hunters Kill 75 Members Of Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by figment232(m): 3:09am On Nov 13, 2014
mrvitalis:
if this is true then jonathan should bury his face in shame

by the way FTC ...just one week on nairaland ....this good news
Mumu! wot has GEJ got 2do wit this.Thank GOD there is now an antidote for dese APC sponsored fighters.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by delors(m): 3:41am On Nov 13, 2014
KnowAll:
Local people knows d terraine hence why local militia almost always overwhealm intruders in many teartha of war. Vietnam is a good example. Our Army should incorporate d local militia into their operations.
Good. I'm guessing you studied History and International Studies at school. More often than not, guerrilla warfare is harder than contain than conventional 1900 battlefield warfare.
Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by Ayatullah(m): 3:43am On Nov 13, 2014
LET THE ARMY PERFORM
Please stop wasting your bullets on 'Boko Haram'. Face your hunting of Grasscuters, Rats and Bush Fowls.
Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by numen(m): 4:12am On Nov 13, 2014
fun4:
No fewer than 80 members of the dreaded Boko Haram sect were said to have been killed on Tuesday by local hunters in Mahia area of
Adamawa State.

It was learnt from one of the local hunters, who was part of the team that engaged the terrorist group in a fierce battle, that they were angered by Monday’s attack on their town, deciding to move against the terrorists.

The local hunters, who spoke on condition of
anonymity to our correspondent on Wednesday, said they mobilised local hunters from surrounding towns to engage the insurgents and they were successful in recapturing their town.

He said, “We fought gallantly, killed 80 members of the insurgents and recaptured Mahia Local Government headquarters (from their control).”

He boasted that if given the chance by the military authorities, the hunters would have dispersed the insurgents from all the captured areas of Adamawa and beyond.

He said, “The military kept telling us that we cannot be allowed to go after the insurgents since we are not legally constituted.

“We can only appeal to the military authorities to scrutinise us and authorise us to face the Boko Haram insurgents in a battle which I believed we will defeat the insurgents and regain our land.

“If the military can authorise us and give us back- ups, we will wipe out the insurgents because we know their hideouts and if it is juju (local charms), we will match them it.

“Boko Haram fear us because they know what we can do.

Let the military leave us with Boko Haram and see what is going to happen.

We took advantage of the fact that the soldiers have fled the area and used the opportunity to kill and chase some of the insurgents out of Mahia.”
www.punchng.com/news/hunters-kill-80-insurgents-reclaim-mahia/

@Bolded...by Hunters I doubt this news...#justThinking
Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:15am On Nov 13, 2014
Ode apa awon omo iko Boko Haram.
Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by lonelydora: 4:17am On Nov 13, 2014
Rikidony:
YOU ARE CRAZY, BLAME UR USELESS MILITARY OFFICIAL WHO RECRIUT ILL HEARTED SOLDIERS INTO THE MILITARY, ON NOV 5 ABOUT 300 NIGERIAN SOLDIERS FLED TO NIGER REPUBLIC AFTER BOKO HARAM ATTACK AND THE HAVE TO ABANDON THEIR BARRACKS WHICH THE INSURGENTS LOOT, WITH THE NEW EQUIPMENT GIVEN TO THEM BY THE GOVT.

Man know man recruitment in the military.

1 Like

Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:21am On Nov 13, 2014
figment232:
Mumu! wot has GEJ got 2do wit this.Thank GOD there is now an antidote for dese APC sponsored fighters.
Atimes I wonder if some of you know that Jonathan is the C-in-C, and what being such entails. Yes, he may be a civilian; it doesn't change anything. Shehu Shagari was a civilian when he drove Guokoni and his fellow insurgents from Chad back to their country. The United States has never had a military leader, but civilian presidents; and they have successfully won wars.

3 Likes

Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by Afroconnect: 4:22am On Nov 13, 2014
Local militiias know the terrain better.
The dumb Governors should use their security votes to empower local militias not paying terrorists to keep them off killing them.

1 Like

Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by thaoriginator: 4:50am On Nov 13, 2014
Omo I just dey wake o.... Wetin dem say e happen?
Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by Redhot111(m): 5:21am On Nov 13, 2014
Rikidony:
YOU ARE CRAZY, BLAME UR USELESS MILITARY OFFICIAL WHO RECRIUT ILL HEARTED SOLDIERS INTO THE MILITARY, ON NOV 5 ABOUT 300 NIGERIAN SOLDIERS FLED TO NIGER REPUBLIC AFTER BOKO HARAM ATTACK AND THE HAVE TO ABANDON THEIR BARRACKS WHICH THE INSURGENTS LOOT, WITH THE NEW EQUIPMENT GIVEN TO THEM BY THE GOVT.
U mean d $1billion weapon is gone again? Hmmmm, so that has been d plan? I knw no weapon ws acquired in d 1st place. They are using d money for election den dey sent u to tell us dis shit. If at all there were good weapons, I am sure our army wld certainly hv engaged doz touts.
God knws I Neva supported d approved to take dat loan n nw dis guy is here tellin me it's gone jst like dat. I beg make una bring bak our money oo
Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by Redhot111(m): 5:22am On Nov 13, 2014
Rikidony:

U mean d $1billion weapon is gone again? Hmmmm, so that has been d plan? I knw no weapon ws acquired in d 1st place. They are using d money for election den dey sent u to tell us dis shit. If at all there were good weapons, I am sure our army wld certainly hv engaged doz touts.
God knws I Neva supported d approved to take dat loan n nw dis guy is here tellin me it's gone jst like dat. I beg make una bring bak our money oo
Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by Nobody: 5:33am On Nov 13, 2014
Rikidony:

Dont you hear

"Chief commander of the ARMED FORCES"

he doesn't give a rats behind whether strong and fearless men are recruited...

He is the president and if what u say about recruiting less than useless men is true, why isn't he doing anything about it.

And don't tell me he cant focus on every aspect of the country..

If he doesn't face security issues what will he face
Corruption? ?

Well that would be bloody dumb of him

Coz insecurity eventually leads back to corruption.

Just face it!
GEJ is incompetent

So forget the bag of rice he gave u n d roadhe constructed from ur village square to the farm and face reality.

Peace out!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by Nobody: 5:40am On Nov 13, 2014
when they are ready the people behind boko haram know what to do. some unscrupulous elements in this nation are just using the issue of boko haram to perpetrate their evil knowingfully well that many eyes are on boko haram. they are just using boko harma to cover up. also many politicians should also check themselves on this area. the issue of boko haram has become just like viral diseas which is multi-faceted. Everyone of us should also increase our prayers

2 Likes

Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by eunisam: 5:48am On Nov 13, 2014
The type of news we hear everyday is baffling. Yesterday snake kill 80 boko haram in a fiace battle in sambisa forest,today hunters kill boko haram,next association of witches kill boko while the northen native doctor kill the haramite.only the millitary are termed with inconpetence and every blame goes to GEJ. Una no go kill our president.
Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by Ifebazz(m): 5:54am On Nov 13, 2014
datguru:
So in essence, you are trying to say that just 80 BOKO BOYS were in charge of a whole community and couldn't be defeated by Nigerian Army ?
When your gallant breadwinning brother join grin Army, tell am to go catch the boko boys for us.
Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by Nobody: 5:54am On Nov 13, 2014
Wonderful! Well I know those hunter get Odeshi full dia body sha cause northerners with their medicine for body. Exactly what BH need jorr. Iron for iron
Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by heroarams(m): 5:56am On Nov 13, 2014
Its quite sad that vigilante groupies are the ones winning the fight against insurgency.

The Nigerian military should be absorbed from all blame whatsoever. I've been opportuned to interview some soldiers (courtesy of the nysc prog. I'm undertaking atm) and this a special denomination in all my discussion with them. One of the soldiers said ' every terrorist group that exist over 48hrs surely has a political backing.'

That been said, how do you explain the fact that our soldiers carry about 1967 weapons donated to them by the American military during the civil war. Whereas 'common' Rwandese military has MI8 rifles- so disheartening.

Another question to ask is why do our army do well on international peace-keeping missions.

Something is definitely wrong somewhere.

1 Like

Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by Nobody: 5:56am On Nov 13, 2014
If I hear! This must be APC hunters. I don't believe this story.
Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by shidof(m): 6:00am On Nov 13, 2014
Caleboha:
This insurgency is more political than ideological. Have you wondered why the spate of attacks has increased since Jonathan's declaration of interest in the 2015 race? There is an uncanning and persistent attempt to discredit his leadership. Unfortunately the old foool is too dull and stupppid to sanitize the nation's security apparatus. His level of corruption is unprecedented. This guy Jonathan is not pretending, he is not scheming anything, he has no hidden solution or strategy with regards to our current problems in Nigeria. What he has done in the last four years is exactly what he will reproduce in a lifetime. The guy is downright clueless! How can you sensibly explain this recurrent embarassment of our gallant military personel. You want to blame that on the opposition? You want to blame the low morale of our military and their old fashioned ammunition on the opposition? You think the opposition is responsible for our porous borders? You honestly believe the huge sums veted on security gets stolen by the opposition? Granted: terrorism is often difficult to quash, but no country has suffered such monumental embarassment of its military in open battle by riff raffs like boko haram. When Yar adua was president, boko haram felt the full weight of a well motivated nigerian army. They were defeated in one decisive swing in the week of 17th january 2009. It will be 2 years of silence before they rear their head again. If the tempo was maintained, boko haram would have been history. I know interests differ and some peeps would dump their votes for him again, they must however realise that even their fathers at home could better Nigeria's cause more than this clueless drunkard
good pieces
Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by Afritop(m): 6:02am On Nov 13, 2014
The military will now come and chase out the hunters while boko haram will mobilize to wipe out the military and vice versa
Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by mrvitalis(m): 6:07am On Nov 13, 2014
figment232:
hmm literacy is indeed bad
what has our C n C got to do with dis
hmmm Nigerians are indeed.blind
no.wonder this politicians use use like fools
Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by ochallo: 6:09am On Nov 13, 2014
There is no way the military would be able to conquer boko haram without the help of the locals.

1 Like

Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by Rikidony(m): 6:10am On Nov 13, 2014
Hadone:

WILL U KEEP QUITE?
STFU u must be pained in hearing the truth
Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by Rikidony(m): 6:14am On Nov 13, 2014
Larow:
hahan! Which 1 be crazy? U must be a very serious GEJ appologist, but seriously, it hasn't gotten to that level. 1 Love!!!
i knw as a fuvcktard saying the truth means suporting GEJ
Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by Rikidony(m): 6:16am On Nov 13, 2014
mrvitalis:

am sorry who is the chief commander of nigerian army
.do u know the meaning of CnC??
we should blame gej for years of rot in the military
Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by Icecomrade: 6:18am On Nov 13, 2014
This is the kind of reactions I had long expected from locals.

Use the local powers, engage it in war. Am sure these BH guys are diabolic.
Dont sit in mountans and lament over your sorry ass.
Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by Larow(m): 6:21am On Nov 13, 2014
Rikidony:
i knw as a fuvcktard saying the truth means suporting GEJ
The truth or not, you derive so much pleasure in insulting people. That's not too gud! That word "Crazy" was just too unnecessary!
Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by datguru: 6:34am On Nov 13, 2014
Ifebazz:

When your gallant breadwinning brother join grin Army, tell am to go catch the boko boys for us.
grin
Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by coolzeal(m): 6:35am On Nov 13, 2014
It's the responsibility of every sane and sensible government to protect her citizens from terrorist or any voilence attack and if such obligations are not kept, citizens will be force to take laws into their hands. It's quite unfortunate, how busy they're campaigning for the next election.

1 Like

Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by kazmanbanjoko(m): 6:36am On Nov 13, 2014
Wild wild west, doing their best. Soldiers of righteousness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by mrvitalis(m): 6:43am On Nov 13, 2014
Rikidony:
we should blame gej for years of rot in the military
if he knew there were rot y accept to lead them
Re: Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia by MNDY(m): 6:44am On Nov 13, 2014
Where is that aggresive president when you need him most?
-------------
Obasanjo, I hail you wherever you are at this point in time!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Thug Embarrasses Tinubu During Accreditation / Audio Of President Jonathan Calling Buhari To Congratulate (listen) / Photo Of President Buhari’s Seat Of Power

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.