Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,650 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? - Islam for Muslims (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? (92063 Views)

Advice To Muslim Singles / Muslim Singles Matching Service (MSMS) / Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by zeyney(f): 8:37am On Dec 12, 2016
sulakishop:

We have similar stories. Seems we're both based in the same city. We can use a little friendship if you don't mind.
huh?
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by sulakishop(m): 12:31pm On Dec 12, 2016
zeyney:

huh?

Pls reply my pm or
59037D03
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by zeyney(f): 10:57am On Dec 13, 2016
sulakishop:

Pls reply my pm or
59037D03
sorry brother not to sound rude but I don't mk frnz wit d opposite sex.not to worry.Allah is ur strength
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by zeyney(f): 11:00am On Dec 13, 2016
sulakishop:

Pls reply my pm or 59037D03
not to sound rude brother BT I don't mk frnz wit d opp sex.Allah is ur strenght
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by sulakishop(m): 9:17am On Dec 14, 2016
zeyney:

sorry brother not to sound rude but I don't mk frnz wit d opposite sex.not to worry.Allah is ur strength

I understand how you feel sis, may Allah guide us.
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by zeyney(f): 12:39pm On Dec 14, 2016
sulakishop:

ameen brother
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by zeyney(f): 12:39pm On Dec 14, 2016
sulakishop:

ameen brother
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by fatimaandali: 9:30pm On Dec 15, 2016
Asalamualaikm ww.Muslim singles...here is the opportunity to meet your spouse the halal way.The bestpart?it FREEEEEE!!!nO HIDDEN CHARGES!Ladies,you have option of a waalii.Join us on wwww.fatimaandali. or facebook page @fatimaandali2016.May Allah bless you.
ps:the married brothers and sisters can link singles or match them on our platform,If you have anyone you think can be the right fir for each othertell them to sign up and join us

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Dec 17, 2016
I am still very skeptical about getting married in this day and age. Maybe its because of the bad news I am always reading regarding marriage. Maybe its because I am scared it won't work. Then there is the high expectations (regarding the deen), fear of responsibilty and my ambitions in life.
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Dec 17, 2016
snapscore:
I am still very skeptical about getting married in this day and age. Maybe its because of the bad news I am always reading regarding marriage.
Maybe its because I am scared it won't work. Then there is the high expectations (regarding the deen), fear of responsibilty and my ambitions in life.

everything seems difficult except when you try your hands on it.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 17, 2016
lexiconkabir:

everything seems difficult except when you try your hands on it.

I don't think it's same regarding marriage. I think it's the opposite- people go in underestimating what it's about and then realize it's not that simple
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Dec 17, 2016
snapscore:

I don't think it's same regarding marriage. I think it's the opposite- people go in underestimating what it's about and then realize it's not that simple

with this you are already thinking "its difficult", I'm speaking about you in particular.
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Dec 17, 2016
lexiconkabir:

with this you are already thinking "its difficult", I'm speaking about you in particular.

Well I have reasons to. There are a lot of expectation on women (and I had a conversation with a friend who is married about it).

What do you mean by difficult?
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Dec 17, 2016
snapscore:

Well I have reasons to. There are a lot of expectation on women (and I had a conversation with a friend who is married about it).

What do you mean by difficult?

by difficult i mean, you are already preparing your mind that marriage won't be easy...

and as for "high expectations from women" men could say the same, it all depends on who you end up with
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 17, 2016
lexiconkabir:

by difficult i mean, you are already preparing your mind that marriage won't be easy...

and as for "high expectations from women" men could say the same, it all depends on who you end up with

I just think it's not for everyone.....It doesn't work for everyone.

I know it depends on the but........ I have not come across a person that doesn't have high expectations(except very few). But then again I really don't know a lot men.
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Dec 17, 2016
snapscore:

I just think it's not for everyone.....It doesn't work for everyone.

I know it depends on the but........ I have not come across a person that doesn't have high expectations(except very few). But then again I really don't know a lot men.

ok.....enjoy!
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Dec 17, 2016
lexiconkabir:

ok.....enjoy!

which one is enjoy?
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Dec 17, 2016
snapscore:

which one is enjoy?

lol, i usually say that if i mean to say "do what you wanna do but I'm telling you, do not look at it from that perspective"
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Dec 17, 2016
lexiconkabir:

lol, i usually say that if i mean to say "do what you wanna do but I'm telling you, do not look at it from that perspective"

Oh okay!

I know I shouldn't look at it from that prospective and I am trying to change my mindset especially because marriage is encouraged in Islam. A few years back I had a different mindset but when I realized marriage isn't Romeo and Juliet, it just sort of changed.
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Dec 17, 2016
snapscore:

Oh okay!

I know I shouldn't look at it from that prospective and I am trying to change my mindset especially because marriage is encouraged in Islam. A few years back I had a different mindset but when I realized marriage isn't Romeo and Juliet, it just sort of changed.

The prophet said the best out of all the temporary enjoyment of this world is to marry a virtuous wife(by extension we can say husband too), which is why;

1.) you don't rush into it but do lots of prayer for Allaah's guidance.

2.) you don't over demand for "physical qualities" if you know what i mean.

3.) you don't marry to "manage the person like that" {i know you might say 2 and 3 is a contradiction, but its not}.

if you can get someone that is virtuous, then you'll be among those that enjoys the best of this world's temporary enjoyments....

emm, have you registered for that stuff?
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 17, 2016
lexiconkabir:

The prophet said the best out of all the temporary enjoyment of this world is to marry a virtuous wife(by extension we can say husband too), which is why;

3.) you don't marry to "manage the person like that" {i know you might say 2 and 3 is a contradiction, but its not}.

if you can get someone that is virtuous, then you'll be among those that enjoys the best of this world's temporary enjoyments....

No. I was thinking about it yesterday. Will go sometime next week in sha Allah.

Jazakallahu Khiran
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Dec 17, 2016
snapscore:

No. I was thinking about it yesterday. Will go sometime next week in sha Allah.

Jazakallahu Khiran

procrastination? undecided
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 17, 2016
lexiconkabir:

procrastination? undecided

Not really.

Been busy.
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Dec 17, 2016
snapscore:

Not really.

Been busy.

ok, enjoy! and this time, i really mean enjoy.
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Dec 17, 2016
DEmejioba1:
pls can u get me one too
LMAO... Na phone ni, wey make dem get one for u!!!
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Dec 17, 2016
snapscore:
I am still very skeptical about getting married in this day and age. Maybe its because of the bad news I am always reading regarding marriage. Maybe its because I am scared it won't work. Then there is the high expectations (regarding the deen), fear of responsibilty and my ambitions in life.

First all, reading about marriages of NOW is really discouraging. If you're conversant with ahadith regarding the signs of the Last Hour, nothing will suprise regarding the crashing of marriages like MMM, no matter what.

I always rmb dis hadith by Ibn Abbass or Muadh ibn Jabal or so, when rasulullaah told him when you want to ask anytyn, always ask Allaah, anytyn(Husband, wife, children, job, biscuit, etc to mention a few).

Point is, as muslims, we should know aw to make duas, what doesn't make dua to be answered, but once all d criteria are met, den ask Allaah for a good spouse, putting it in mind that Allaah shud also make you a good person ur sef, bcuz Allaah says, good men are for good women, and vice versa, and read salafi books about how rasulullaah lived with his wives, aw d sahabas did wif their wives and all, not this zaman/generation of scallywags whr from their nikka it is disobedience to Allaah(music, pictures, gender mixing, alcohol etc) and you expect Allaah to put Barakah in that marriage, Laa, illaa inShaaAllaah.

Screw Beauty and the Beast, screw Paloma and Diego, If we dey find love stories, na Khadeejah bint Khuwalid and Muhammad ibn AbduLlaah, Sarah and Ibrahim, Muhammad and Aishah bint Abi Bakr and many of them, they lived peacefully long together, mutual respect, hoping to meet in Jannah, not this zaman of ours whr ppl think love is doing something for a spouse and bringing it to internet to showcase like say na PHONE,naked baby bumps, shower <>baby, you buy sometyn for ur spouse, na social media straight, bi eni ti won fi se/like person wey dem do.

In a nutshell, don't get scared of marriage, strive to be a good muslim on the path of the salaf, and make dua, trust in Allaah, patience, Allaah knows what's best for us, wallaahi.

2 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Dec 17, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Hehehehe...That number 2 though..awa ti a fine/handsome, a ma wa rogo/we wey no fine, see OGO oooo...
LOL
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 1:28am On Dec 18, 2016
RABIUSHILE04:

First all, reading about marriages of NOW is really discouraging. If you're conversant with ahadith regarding the signs of the Last Hour, nothing will suprise regarding the crashing of marriages like MMM, no matter what.

I always rmb dis hadith by Ibn Abbass or Muadh ibn Jabal or so, when rasulullaah told him when you want to ask anytyn, always ask Allaah, anytyn(Husband, wife, children, job, biscuit, etc to mention a few).

Point is, as muslims, we should know aw to make duas, what doesn't make dua to be answered, but once all d criteria are met, den ask Allaah for a good spouse, putting it in mind that Allaah shud also make you a good person ur sef, bcuz Allaah says, good men are for good women, and vice versa, and read salafi books about how rasulullaah lived with his wives, aw d sahabas did wif their wives and all, not this zaman/generation of scallywags whr from their nikka it is disobedience to Allaah(music, pictures, gender mixing, alcohol etc) and you expect Allaah to put Barakah in that marriage, Laa, illaa inShaaAllaah.

Screw Beauty and the Beast, screw Paloma and Diego, If we dey find love stories, na Khadeejah bint Khuwalid and Muhammad ibn AbduLlaah, Sarah and Ibrahim, Muhammad and Aishah bint Abi Bakr and many of them, they lived peacefully long together, mutual respect, hoping to meet in Jannah, not this zaman of ours whr ppl think love is doing something for a spouse and bringing it to internet to showcase like say na PHONE,naked baby bumps, shower <>baby, you buy sometyn for ur spouse, na social media straight, bi eni ti won fi se/like person wey dem do.

In a nutshell, don't get scared of marriage, strive to be a good muslim on the path of the salaf, and make dua, trust in Allaah, patience, Allaah knows what's best for us, wallaahi.

Jazakallahu Khiran!!

Really appreciate this!

Bookmarking!!!
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 4:59am On Dec 18, 2016
snapscore:

Jazakallahu Khiran!!
Really appreciate this!
Bookmarking!!!
Allaahu allaam
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by sheabutter1: 11:29pm On Dec 18, 2016
snapscore:

which one is enjoy?

I love your personal text. we are to thank God for everything he has done for us!
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by niyi123: 8:31pm On Dec 25, 2016
Yet to meet a truly devoted Muslim sister, except those used and dumped sisters that had previously engaged in haram relationship.
I seriously need a committed and devoted sister

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Zeinymira(f): 6:54pm On Dec 26, 2016
niyi123:
Yet to meet a truly devoted Muslim sister, except those used and dumped sisters that had previously engaged in haram relationship.
I seriously need a committed and devoted sister

Everyone deserves a second chance.......their pasts shouldn't matter since they are now better Muslims

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (34) (Reply)

Are These Verses Really In The Quran? / Unmarried Hausa Couple Condemned For Posting This Picture / Miracle Baby Born With Quran At A White Garment Church In Mushin, Lagos State

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.