Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice (23932 Views)

Woman Wants Her Hubby Sacked For Attacking Her Gigolo With Cutlass In Ekiti / My Boyfriend Wants Me To Give Up Custody Of My Little Boy, What Should I Do? / Her Husband Wants Her Back Home! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by Eshyy(m): 7:04pm On Dec 17, 2014
Who been dey wash him clothes before una start to date? Who dey wash ur own clothes before? Is this even an issue? Na wa ooo

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by freecocoa(f): 7:29pm On Dec 17, 2014
honeric01:

You're learning so fast.. cheesy cheesy cheesy tongue
Lol grin, that's what it's supposed to be na.
Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by honeric01(m): 7:37pm On Dec 17, 2014
freecocoa:
Lol grin, that's what it's supposed to be na.

Good one for you there, btw, you turned down my request in style abi? not the way you're seeing it o..
Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by delors(m): 7:43pm On Dec 17, 2014
Elesta:

Very very very well said . U get brain

Thank u o jare my sister
Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by freecocoa(f): 7:51pm On Dec 17, 2014
honeric01:

Good one for you there, btw, you turned down my request in style abi? not the way you're seeing it o..
Lol, which request are you talking about?
Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by nomabeeee(f): 7:51pm On Dec 17, 2014
Ezedon:
Both of you are not yet married and u expect her to be your drycleaner, is it proper? What if i turn ur sis that way will u be happy with me?
exactly wat I always say..yes u re in a serious relationship..dating isn't marriage..u re jst his girlfriend and you should act like one..he cannot enjoy d benefits of marriage..I dnt concur to a lady doing a laundry job for her man.if he cannot wash his clothes..then he shuld take it to the dry cleaner..infact if not washing my man's clothes will cause him not to give me gifts then I dnt give a dame about it..this is my opinion..yes most men might not admit it openely but they actually love ladies who have principles..

3 Likes

Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by honeric01(m): 7:56pm On Dec 17, 2014
freecocoa:
Lol, which request are you talking about?

Sent you a pm some weeks/months ago.
Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by mayorall(m): 8:05pm On Dec 17, 2014
I guess this depend on individual culture. If you refused to wash my cloths while dating, it means you won't wash it when I married you. Dating is like examination in which your certificate determine if you are qualified or not for marriage.

He is not supposed to tell you to wash before you do. My lady washes my cloths without telling her to. I beg her sometimes to wash, I don't take it as her duty. Ireee o.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by Nobody: 8:29pm On Dec 17, 2014
holatin:
Don't wash it jare.

A fool will help him wash it and he will finally marry the fool.

You are not an house girl.

No wonder some more of you are still single at 36

As if being single is a sin sad

5 Likes

Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by VocalWalls: 8:32pm On Dec 17, 2014
Funny,

Even now that he can get a cheap washing machine for 20k?

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:32pm On Dec 17, 2014
Ogoanita:
why not i can wash but this a very different situation
Is it that it's too dirty, too tough or too much to wash?
Or you don't v time to wash?
Last Bullet
Explain berra maybe my advice may help you.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by Ogoanita(f): 8:33pm On Dec 17, 2014
cryOk i have heard you all, tnx for all your wonderful contributions guess it up to me to decide now.
Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by freecocoa(f): 8:34pm On Dec 17, 2014
honeric01:

Sent you a pm some weeks/months ago.
No vex bro, I hardly check pms, send anowa one na.
Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by Ogoanita(f): 8:35pm On Dec 17, 2014
[quote author=OkikiOluwa1 post=28972517] Is it that it's too dirty, too tough or too much to wash?
Or you don't v time to wash?
Last Bullet
Explain berra washing is not jst my thing i enjoy cooking and every other house work
Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by Ogoanita(f): 8:37pm On Dec 17, 2014
emiraty:

You are not yet married and he is stressing you this way?

Please what is the level of commitment? Has he shown seriousness? Or attempted to meet your parents or even siblings? Yes it very serious

Can we know the sacrifices he has made for you? How well does he regard you or take care of you? Please answer these questions .atleast to a large extent it will assist many nairalanders in reaching a conclusion

Let's please get to have a clearer pix of your relationship and then know some facts about the bobo
Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by Ogoanita(f): 8:40pm On Dec 17, 2014
Omotolu:
....if you love him,wash the guy's cloth.if you don't love him,don't bother.in the so near future don't complain you're still single@70 years...
washing a mans cloth does not guarantee a good wife

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by trublvr(f): 8:43pm On Dec 17, 2014
OP, do as he says.
Wash those clothes sharply! Its a submissive attitude that a woman needs to cultivate before marriage.

Whatever he tells you to do, do and don't complain. When you finish the laundry, sweep his house, polish his shoes and wipe his arse for him also!
And stop complaining. You are a woman, therefore doing laundry is encoded in your DNA. Its all part of showing off your "submissive" side...
Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by Longstride: 8:46pm On Dec 17, 2014
rigarmortis:
WASH, CLEAN, COOK, SUCK AND FUKC, THATS WHAT A GOOD GIRL DOES.

YOU WANT TO BE A GOOD GIRL DONT YOU.

I guess your mom is a 'good girl' to your dad huh?

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:47pm On Dec 17, 2014
Ogoanita:
Then its because you are lazy to wash (no insult intended).
Last Bullet
Try using washing machine or patronize dry cleaners
Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by Ogoanita(f): 8:55pm On Dec 17, 2014
Hemanwel:
OP,you are one of those who are greatly influenced by what people think and not by what your heart takes.
Come on!That you're in a relationship is suggestive that you're mature for it.You should be able to take this personal decision on your own!
You are not comfortable with doing your boyfriend's laundry means you do not think it's proper.So why asking us?

I like girls who can take decisions on their own and stand on it,even if the whole world kicks against it.
you know that adage "person wey the ask question no dey lose road? Anyway i hrd my reasons for asking this questions, is not about beign indecisiv or anything, tnx for your comment anyways
Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by Ogoanita(f): 8:56pm On Dec 17, 2014
trublvr:
OP, do as he says.
Wash those clothes sharply! Its a submissive attitude that a woman needs to cultivate before marriage.

Whatever he tells you to do, do and don't complain. When you finish the laundry, sweep his house, polish his shoes and wipe his arse for him also!
And stop complaining. You are a woman, therefore doing laundry is encoded in your DNA. Its all part of showing off your "submissive" side...
tongue
trublvr:
OP, do as he says.

Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by honeric01(m): 8:57pm On Dec 17, 2014
freecocoa:
No vex bro, I hardly check pms, send anowa one na.

Check your email, it should still be there i believe....
Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by freecocoa(f): 8:58pm On Dec 17, 2014
honeric01:

Check your email, it should still be there i believe....
Okay sir.
Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by Nobody: 9:01pm On Dec 17, 2014
Ogoanita:
washing a mans cloth does not guarantee a good wife
...I did not write that it could guarantee a good wife.
Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by Ogoanita(f): 9:02pm On Dec 17, 2014
nikkymehmeh:
Exactly!!!is he feeding u or d one taking care of all ur expenses?
if he is....den he would expect much more from u
btw if he is not...he has no ryt to tell u such talkless of him gettin angry
am a student and i work as well so i takecare of my self except for the little help he gives here and there das jst it
Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by bukatyne(f): 9:03pm On Dec 17, 2014
manny4life:
Only on NL does love translate into washing a man's clothes. Will the man wash her clothes too? Will he cook or go to the market for her as well? A man that sees you as his slave DOES NOT love you but will eventually abuse you when you get married. I wash my own clothes or take it to the cleaners, I don't expect anyone to wash my own clothes. A woman washing a man's clothes should be a privilege NOT a right... Same as a man giving money to his gf should be privilege not a right.

I have gotten a new one...

Cooking, washing and cleaning = love

Maids and dry cleaners must be the best lovers then

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by Ogoanita(f): 9:04pm On Dec 17, 2014
Omotolu:
...I did not write that it could guarantee a good wife.
my dear by your comment that wht you mean, btw tnx for your comment
Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by bukatyne(f): 9:06pm On Dec 17, 2014
@OP:

Why don't the both of you wash the clothes together?
Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by Ogoanita(f): 9:08pm On Dec 17, 2014
Goldenboy007:
Let me ask you a question, Is your boyfriend obligated to take care of your expenses? Or let me put it this way - Is it his duty to make sure your financial needs are met? - Please don't wash his clothes, it's not your duty but don't ask him for money or gifts too because it is not his duty! If you contradict this then you are the problem in that relationship - you are not his washing machine and also he is not your father!!!
Until people begin to realize that relationship is finding a balance between responsibilities and prerogatives, then it's better you remain single!!! Remember we marry the values we see in people..sex and love will fade but values won't!
am a student, i pay my bills in school and i work as well, so nobody is playing a "daughter or father" role here
Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by Ogoanita(f): 9:11pm On Dec 17, 2014
bukatyne:
@OP:

Why don't the both of you wash the clothes together?
anyways recently he washed why i rinsed, i talked about buying a washing machine if eventually we get married and guess what? He called me a western woman, any ways i dont want to start what i cant finish so das d deal

1 Like

Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by bukatyne(f): 9:19pm On Dec 17, 2014
Ogoanita:
anyways recently he washed why i rinsed, i talked about buying a washing machine if eventually we get married and guess what? He called me a western woman, any ways i dont want to start what i cant finish so das d deal

Then he has issues with selective 'westernization'. What prompted the issue of you washing alone since you both wash together?

How far are you gone in the relationship?

Is he the type of man who believes a husband should not do chores? Notice I said husband meaning what he does now is irrelevant.

Expecting your answers.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by adebisicutie: 9:23pm On Dec 17, 2014
Ogoanita:

You are right, don't start what you can't finish. Let him accept you for who you are or move on, what's wrong with being a western woman? If the hand washing is so easy why is he running away from washing his own clothes?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

10 Marital "Nevers" / Mother Tattooed Her Son's Face On Her Back (Photo) / When Marriage Becomes Toxic.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.